• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT2| Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that Hammer level 20 upgrade is bloody stupid in ARAM. It's an auto loss at that point given the core has no shields, unless you can win in the next minute or so. And screw the idiots who take it over the objections of their own team mates.

That's another reason it should be it's own mode and not a custom game.

Usually BFG is banned, or especially, the level 20 upgrade is banned.

Maledict

Yep, but when some idiot picks and uses it even when his own team objects there's not much you can do.

the thing that annoys me is I honestly can't see myself enjoying Arena mode this much, because Arena mode seems *too* stripped down to me - no talents really doesn't strike me as a good idea, particulary given the direction they have been going with heroes recently. Heroes have got so much better design wise, but without talents I think it's actually going to be a bit dumb and boring.

Azzurri

All of those are in a good spot too. If you have the time, I highly recommend leveling each hero to 5 during it's free week. Helps you learn + you get that free 500g. Really helps with acquiring new heroes..

Oh nice tip. I have that stim pack that makes xp fly

Alur

Two HL games, grudgingly played Rehgar twice, two wins. I was on my Dolo account so I got to ban/pick the second one. Was pretty neat. I can both see why people don't know WTF is going on and also why others would be like "how dumb can you be".

It's nice seeing all r1 in a game + having bans. Feels like real progress has been made on both fronts (MM and design/implementation). Almost like I'm a real pro like Ketch and Milly.

Alur

Not sure how we won that. They had everything. Our dude banned Lunara for some reason with Zag still open on Tomb. In the end we won, but we got rekt for basically 18 or 19 levels til we could finally stall long enough to get two turn-ins in a row.

Ketch

Yeah, I really enjoyed having Lunara and Illidan banned on ToSQ.

Not sure how we won that. They had everything. Our dude banned Lunara for some reason with Zag still open on Tomb. In the end we won, but we got rekt for basically 18 or 19 levels til we could finally stall long enough to get two turn-ins in a row.

Did you guys see my screen shot? Ask for xul ban on spider queen, get told to eat dicks. Captain and his buddy pick Illidan monk and the enemy team first picks xul.

I don't understand

I think if you mouse over it might add the talent text at the end of the base talent text.

I don't think it shows in the top part of the tooltip, just as an addendum at the bottom AFAIK.

Yeah, the text is obvious enough I just wasn't sure if they ever made it so that the game did the math for you. Given the dynamic scaling of the game with regards to levels, I'd like to be able to know at a glance exactly how much damage my abilities will do without having to add it up first. Conditional talents are fine as just text (hit 2 heroes get X bonus damage), but if it's just flat scaling, why not just roll that into the tool-tip values in some way? Or have an alt-hover option to see a more detailed breakdown (ex: 1000 damage = 600 base damage + 300 talent (50%) + 100 quest).

I have a similar problem with other aspects of the talent system. Range increasing talents for example, should have some kind of visual indicator similar to when you mouse-over an ability. Show the default range in green as is, and the added range in red or blue. It's especially bad when it's related to abilities with circular ranges because humans have difficulty with accurately estimating/comparing the sizes of circles.

Let players have access to the information they need to make better decisions, rather than making them have to guess or learn by trial and error.

Alur

Worlds tonight at 10PM EST btw. Get yo shiny portrait.

That's 9CST//7 PST for you goobers who can't do time and live elsewhere. Hopefully I get to watch a good bit of it. I won't be able to pay full attention to it til about 9 PST though. We gonna have a chat up in Twitch?

For real though mimiron should be a thing in hots

This would be awesome. Really anything from Ulduar is cool in my book. Putricide from Icecrown too bb...casts his ult "GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!"

Ketch

That's 9CST//7 PST for you goobers who can't do time and live elsewhere. Hopefully I get to watch a good bit of it. I won't be able to pay full attention to it til about 9 PST though. We gonna have a chat up in Twitch?

This would be awesome. Really anything from Ulduar is cool in my book. Putricide from Icecrown too bb...casts his ult "GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!"

You're a star.

Do you know what matches are today?

Alur

Do you know what matches are today?

That I don't. Was wondering myself and can't check atm. kirblar or Mr. Newsman Milly might be able to scrounge it up for us.

But that would be too many Warcraft heroes.

You can never have enough Warcraft heroes. The well is too deep. I will only accept these heroes be passed up for a 3-pack of Overwatch heroes next (including Tracer) just like they did the launch event for Diablo. Overwatch map too plz. Hanamura theme would be nice thx.

Also I don't like that they show you what your random hero is on the loading screen. I liked the fact everyone knew who had randomed and then once you got in the game you got to see who got lucky and who didn't.

Zackat

what do you think about reinhardt for an overwatch hero?

Can he block pyroblast? I love him already.

Also, did they not give out that portrait yet or something? Because I definitely watched. My twitch is linked, I got the Storm Watcher portrait from the last time. I will be sosad if they did.

Alur

what do you think about reinhardt for an overwatch hero?

I think Reinhardt's charge and shield (and the fact that he has a strong ranged attack) would be interesting to see implemented. I kinda wonder how they could put the shield in without it sucking or being way OP, but that is the case for a lot of the Overwatch stuff.

Also, did they not give out that portrait yet or something? Because I definitely watched. My twitch is linked, I got the Storm Watcher portrait from the last time. I will be sosad if they did.

Yes, they did for regionals already. =/

You can try contacting support but they weren't too helpful with people who got hosed from what I saw on reddit. Last year they were a lot more forgiving and just hooked you up IIRC. Dunno why they can't just turn the shit on for someone's account but hey.

Schnauzer

So with the huge changes, what is the best tier list to go by? I'm trying to get back into the game. I really want to learn how to be good against players, but my friends only play against the AI.

Zackat

Yes, they did for regionals already. =/

You can try contacting support but they weren't too helpful with people who got hosed from what I saw on reddit. Last year they were a lot more forgiving and just hooked you up IIRC. Dunno why they can't just turn the shit on for someone's account but hey.

Bah now I'm salty. I guess it's just a portrait, but still. Only one I have missed and I was there watching. I was likely even commenting about it in this thread lol

So with the huge changes, what is the best tier list to go by? I'm trying to get back into the game. I really want to learn how to be good against players, but my friends only play against the AI.

Pretty much all the people who would be making the tier lists are playing on the previous patch for the World Championships this weekend. Expect stuff to be more solidified in the next week or so.

Alur

Pretty much what Zackat said. Probably won't have a lot of pro input til next week as the best of the best are on the old patch tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday for the Spring World Championships. Zuna, McIntyre, and a couple others who normally do tier stuff are all there.

Bah now I'm salty. I guess it's just a portrait, but still. Only one I have missed and I was there watching. I was likely even commenting about it in this thread lol

I don't blame you. I have every portrait you could get thus far collected...if they fuck me out of one I'mma flip tables and kick over the magazine rack on the way out.

Compared to other hero launches where literally every QM would have the new hero in mirror matches for days, if not weeks, I have barely played with or against Dehaka. I've played with more Xul's and Li-Ming's since Dehaka launched.

He actually seems interesting, global mobility and a pretty decent skillshot disable but pretty low impact overall.

Alur

So who do we think is emerging out of group A2 and group B2?

First Group Stage

Group A
Korea Seed 2 - TNL
Europe Seed 2 - mYinsanity
Taiwan - GIA
Latin America - Big Gods

Group B
China Seed 2 - EDward Gaming
North America Seed 2 - Team Naventic
Southeast Asia - Renovatio I
Australia/New Zealand - Negative Synergy

Match 1 – Korea vs Latin America
Match 2 – North America vs Southeast Asia
Match 3 – Europe vs Taiwan
Match 4 – China vs Australia/New Zealand

I'm gonna assume mYinsanity and TNL from group A and EDG, Naventic from group B.

That'll make a strong as fuck final 8.

Alur

Would love to see a big team get knocked out early just for the shit talking and hand wringing.

Hope like hell NA or EU win though.

Ketch

I think the New York Yankees.... I mean C9 will take it. Do you remember how prepared they were for blizzcon? No one can stop them when they're on their game.

China's gonna wreck my insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom