• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HTC One |OT| The Beauty is a Beast

D23

Its been like two days and I still can't stop playing with this sexy beast...

Such a beautiful phone

Is there anyway to use the volume button to turn on the phone without rooting it? Rooting the phone void the warranty right?

Volotaire

The-24ct.-gold-plated-HTC-One.jpg

The-24ct-rose-gold-plated-HTC-One.jpg

The-platinum-plated-HTC-One.jpg

Gold and platinum satisfy anyone's taste buds?

They're modded though.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Gold...leashed_id44521#4-The-platinum-plated-HTC-One

VoxPop

Posted this in the Android section so I'm putting it up here too

Noob question but, could I possibly have CM/Google Edition ROMs backed up and easily switch back and forth between those and ARHD?

Posted this in the Android section so I'm putting it up here too

Noob question but, could I possibly have CM/Google Edition ROMs backed up and easily switch back and forth between those and ARHD?

Yes, just nandroid back from recovery. That's how I try out multiple roms..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2341395

this one seems to have a different kernel. Does that matter when I revert back to ARHD when needed?

Nope should matter, that's how I try out diffrent kernals too.

Here's my my process:
1.titatinum back all my apps
2.back up my text message with sms backup
3.boot to recovery and do a backup.
4.wipe system, this shouldnt touch the sd card.
5.install the new Rom.
6.reboot and sign in to Google and stuff...and restore my apps.

7. If I don't like the Rom, I'll just restore my old Rom.

I don't know which GE Rom to install, there's already 2 of them..lol

But that doesn't back up the contents of the "sdcard" right? Doesn't flashing wipe out the whole storage?

Back up and restore doesn't touch the sdcard.

Flashing usually only writes to /system and /data folders. So "storage" usually remains untouched. It's when you "format SD" (I think, my rooted phone is at home and my HTC One is still unrooted) that wipes out the entire card.

VoxPop

Oh cool, I've been partially avoiding it because of that. Plus I thought 4.2.2 was going to drop any day now. I think I'm going to have to try out my first ROM.

Yeah I finally took the dive into rooting/custom roms maybe a week ago. It's actually pretty fun and the extra tinkering you can do is great. There's really no point in waiting for new versions to drop when they're readily available online with or without Sense.

Trying out this GPE Rom now and I realized Sense is much better than stock Android imo. When is 4.3 supposed to drop and what features are they adding? :p

Yea, I thought I could wait until official HTC Sense with 4.2.2 (I'm using CM10.1 on my tab and PACMan on my busted GS2, and I actually like Sense more even though it uses 4.1.2), but with the delay, sounds like rootville is my next stop.

So many choices; I commented in the other thread that I was already trying to decide between ARHD, Trickdroid, and Venom and then someone mentioned RGUI. I'm getting Gladwelled!

Yeah I finally took the dive into rooting/custom roms maybe a week ago. It's actually pretty fun and the extra tinkering you can do is great. There's really no point in waiting for new versions to drop when they're readily available online with or without Sense.

Trying out this GPE Rom now and I realized Sense is much better than stock Android imo. When is 4.3 supposed to drop and what features are they adding? :p

It's taking forever to download lol.
I don't know why I even bother ...I know I'll just go back to sense.

Yea, I thought I could wait until official HTC Sense with 4.2.2 (I'm using CM10.1 on my tab and PACMan on my busted GS2, and I actually like Sense more even though it uses 4.1.2), but with the delay, sounds like rootville is my next stop.

So many choices; I commented in the other thread that I was already trying to decide between ARHD, Trickdroid, and Venom and then someone mentioned RGUI. I'm getting Gladwelled!

I'm between ARHD and Trickdroid from what I've read but I need to compare the two again. I pretty much just want 4.2.2 and very minimal changes. Only a couple things I want different. I'm pretty happy with stock Sense 5.

I'm between ARHD and Trickdroid from what I've read but I need to compare the two again. I pretty much just want 4.2.2 and very minimal changes. Only a couple things I want different. I'm pretty happy with stock Sense 5.

The heavy hitters are ARHD, trickdroid and ViperOne.

If you want minimal change, use ARHD 11. It's pretty much stock sense 5 4.2.2.

VoxPop

It's taking forever to download lol.
I don't know why I even bother ...I know I'll just go back to sense.

Haha it downloaded fairly quick for me @ 1.2mb/sec. Used the MEGA link. Just wanted to have it backed up. Going back to ARHD :)

Marty Chinn said:

I'm using ARHD and its pretty much stock Sense with 4.2.2

I don't think anything really changed?

I fully recognize that I'm a dumbass who should probably search more often. But I have a feeling that I can ask this question here rather than XDA:

Can I just flash ROMs from the HTC One Development forum even though I have an AT&T HTC One? I know my AT&T GS2 was sufficiently different (at least with button mapping/kernel) that I needed to either flash i777 specific ROMs or i777-friendly ports of i9100 ROMs from XDA.

But it looks like I can freely flash any HTC One ROM from either the HTC One forum or the AT&T HTC One forum? The HTC One Android Development Forum has stuff like ARHD, Trickdroid, and ViperOne, while if I look at the AT&T HTC One Development Forum, there's stuff like ports of Avatar or SlimBean, etc. etc.

THANKS IN ADVANCE GAF.

I fully recognize that I'm a dumbass who should probably search more often. But I have a feeling that I can ask this question here rather than XDA:

Can I just flash ROMs from the HTC One Development forum even though I have an AT&T HTC One? I know my AT&T GS2 was sufficiently different (at least with button mapping/kernel) that I needed to either flash i777 specific ROMs or i777-friendly ports of i9100 ROMs from XDA.

But it looks like I can freely flash any HTC One ROM from either the HTC One forum or the AT&T HTC One forum? The HTC One Android Development Forum has stuff like ARHD, Trickdroid, and ViperOne, while if I look at the AT&T HTC One Development Forum, there's stuff like ports of Avatar or SlimBean, etc. etc.

THANKS IN ADVANCE GAF.

Yes. All gsm variant are the same.

You can flash any Rom that's in the "HTC One Android Development forum" on you Att One.

I dont see any noteworthy roms on the Att side since CleanRom ain't supported anymore.

Yeah xda can be a harsh place for beginner.

snack

How do you use titatinum to backup all your apps?

I just recently got TWRP on my phone. So noob at this but I want the GE rom on it so I couldn't stop!!!

How do you use titatinum to backup all your apps?

I just recently got TWRP on my phone. So noob at this but I want the GE rom on it so I couldn't stop!!!

you can use titanium back up or Helium.

on titanium backups theres option for batch action. I usually back up all user apps. But when I restore them on the new rom, I only restore the "missing app", also not "app+data" just to be sure that data of the app wont make the rom wonky.

RoKKeR

Really struggling with auto correction on this phone. Is there any way to delete "saved" words? I want 'fice' to be auto corrected to 'five', but I accidentally saved it as a word.

been running stock GE Rom for a day now...

like I knew all along, sense 5 with 4.2.2 is better.

GE is not bad performance wise but its so plain and lacking. Battery life is OK, not sure if its better though...

The pull down menu have less toggle, still no percentage bar and other lil things...

Arranging your home screen is better, but who constantly arrange their home screen to begin with?

aesthetically sense 5 is superior.

The home screen on stock has this ugly dark cloud on top and bottom. Wallpaper is always scrolling and there's no option to have static wallpaper. There's no way you can move the google search bar. The tron look is old and doesn't mix well with light holo.

Some can be fixed by putting a 3rd party launcher like Nova, but what the point if you can put Nova on sense 5 too...and plus Nova doesn't run as smooth.

yeah....I might give it 1 more day till I go back to sense 5..

VoxPop

Damn, now I don't know if I should wait or flash. Not being able to back up and restore MMS is certainly making me think of waiting.

Just do it~ it'll open up a whole new world and the 4.2.2 roms are exactly the same thing you would get with OTA. You can even add in extra tweaks if you'd like. You can probably get 4.3 a lot sooner too if you're rooted.

Joonytoon

Anyone woke up to find their device switched off sometime in the middle of the night?

That happened to me and there was still about 38% of juice left... Wonder what happened.

manfestival

ive received so many compliments on my phone and so many people want one because of me.

shouldve become a phone salesperson

Also I have the tmobile version and it comes with a bit of bloatware but it hasnt been an issue. Plus you can practically make it disappear.... its a weird process since you cant uninstall but you can make any app practically disappear

oktarb

Anyone woke up to find their device switched off sometime in the middle of the night?

That happened to me and there was still about 38% of juice left... Wonder what happened.

oddly that just happened to me last night. No beeps or warnings just off when I woke. Doesn't not install alarm clock trust.

My phone got a prompt for an OTA update to be installed last night. Is it safe to do so if I'm rooted? Will it even work? I'm guessing it's the 4.2.2 update. I'm still on stock Sense at the moment, but I am rooted and have TWRP recovery. Sorry if this has been asked before. I'm new to the whole root thing and want to be sure. Thanks.

Any of you guys know where photos go after I save them from text messages?

For instance my brother sent me a pic in a text and I saved it but I don't know where to find it now.

that's weird, I could swear I've saved pics from texts before and I just opened gallery then tapped my photos then when it opens up the albums it was one of those.

I know it's really strange. I checked my gallery and the downloads section and they're nowhere to be seen. I've swear I've done it before too...

Going to turn the phone off and back on again try again maybe.

I know it's really strange. I checked my gallery and the downloads section and they're nowhere to be seen. I've swear I've done it before too...

Going to turn the phone off and back on again try again maybe.
maybe when you open up the gallery and go to my photos where it shows your albums, hit the settings button and then hit show/hide albums, make sure the right stuff is checked off. Maybe the settings changed on you. Check off all photos or something.

maybe when you open up the gallery and go to my photos where it shows your albums, hit the settings button and then hit show/hide albums, make sure the right stuff is checked off. Maybe the settings changed on you. Check off all photos or something.

Ahh got it. Awesome, thanks dude.

Top Bottom