• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN posts Black Myth: Wukong hit piece, gets Community Noted

ManaByte

Gold Member
IGN put on their Kotaku hat in an attempt to take down Game Science. It didn't work out how they hoped:

b34d6tgbkw6d1.png

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
media really want to pivot all the reporting in regards of the games towards sexism accusations, aren't they?

Yeah and it's sad. Because sexism happens in this industry and others, but IGN shouldn't be tossing it around like this without more proof.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Journoids think this is 10+ years ago and they're still relevant, in reality not only they're not damaging the reputation of the game but they're actively advertising it to gamers that usually hate their guts
I don't care about this game at all, but IGN did this with the Life is Strange dev a couple months ago and got some traction out of it.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
there is this drama that they refused to pay SBI $7M to adapt this story for modern Western audiences or something like that. While the report is sus. i just see it as part of the "force" seeking equilibrium in the specter of bullshitiness.

Seems like the gaming media are showing their true colors these days. Various Youtubers are getting aggression from them too. Grummz, SmashJT, Stuttering Craig and Vara Dark are fighting the good fight.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
there is this drama that they refused to pay SBI $7M to adapt this story for modern Western audiences or something like that. While the report is sus. i just see it as part of the "force" seeking equilibrium in the specter of bullshitiness.
I don’t know how if this story is real but I do know in other industries (like YA) you have to pay a diversity screener as basically cancel insurance. And I also know that IGN ran interference for Sweet Baby when the Steam group came out. And I do know that IGN lobbed these accusations at DontNod.

Last edited:
Top Bottom