• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN posts Black Myth: Wukong hit piece, gets Community Noted

ZehDon

Apparently in several articles related to the game since, they keep tagging on this info about them having yet to respond to "sexist" allegations.
Serious "notice me" vibes from the Kotaku IGN writer.

Screenshot-16-6-2024-224338-x-com.jpg

Screenshot-16-6-2024-224354-x-com.jpg

Screenshot-16-6-2024-22448-x-com.jpg

Screenshot-16-6-2024-224420-x-com.jpg

Screenshot-16-6-2024-224434-x-com.jpg
Reminds me of when Anita Sarkeesian told CDPR they need to hire her for consulting before the industry attacks them for CP2077. CDPR didn't hire her for consulting. And wouldn't you know it, the media began a massive campaign against CP2077 for being "transphobic" for its in-game advertisements.
Or when Polygon ran the single largest piece in the history of their publication: a 10 year history of Anita Sarkeesian... only for it to help reveal that her organisation was basically out of money.

I usually sit this stuff out, but, I gotta be honest: it's hard to look at this stuff and not see a good-old-fashioned shakedown here.

Last edited:

ahtlas7

What has happened to IGN over the years?
Firstly it was purchased by Rupert Murdoch. He had no idea how to run it so lost a lot of $$$ value then sold it at a huge loss to Ziff Davis. Ziff is run by some clown named Vivek Shah. He purchased and closed a lot of your favorite mags/sites. Now he uses his sites to extort money from devs using purple haired goons evidently. He bought IGN for less than a million so how much of a journalist site could it be now.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I don’t know how if this story is real but I do know in other industries (like YA) you have to pay a diversity screener as basically cancel insurance. And I also know that IGN ran interference for Sweet Baby when the Steam group came out. And I do know that IGN lobbed these accusations at DontNod.

So they're mafia basically. "You wouldn't want to accidentally get cancelled, would you?"

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
The funny thing is, the main market for Wukong is mainland China and they don't give two shots for the likes of IGN because Sweet Baby is not a thing in CPC-land.

IGN is in pure delulu mode if they think they can influence a developer with a healthy and huge home market, lol.

peish

ign dont know chinese colloquialism

if they did as much work into researching china internet lingos, as they had with searching for DEI hit pieces...smh

Fess

The fact that i can't tell if john dark is photoshopped or not is pretty damning.
This is from the trailer. People are just being stupid like with Aloy.
vD9HF1a.jpeg

Regarding Black Myth, IGN just put up their preview, everything was great, very positive impressions.
Then they had to put in some huge Reee like disclamer thing at the end talking about sexism…

Haint

This is from the trailer. People are just being stupid like with Aloy.
vD9HF1a.jpeg

Regarding Black Myth, IGN just put up their preview, everything was great, very positive impressions.
Then they had to put in some huge Reee like disclamer thing at the end talking about sexism…

The wokes really like the prominently square jawlines on "women" that give strong transtrender vibes. It's so blatantly over the top I'm not entirely convinced they're just not trolling the meme at this point.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

At first, I was like maybe it's just a one-off article by IGN being IGN, but now with PC Gamer jumping in deciding to defend IGNs claims, it definitely does seem like an attempted smear campaign for rejecting DEI, especially when the news of them rejecting DEI came to light.

PCGamer has been on this train since Day 1, just look at how they framed the SBI Steam group story:

ManaByte

Gold Member
PCGamer has been on this train since Day 1, just look at how they framed the SBI Steam group story:

I'm pretty sure the people who run Sweet Baby have "dirt" on the writers of every major website and are threatening them with the cancellation mob unless they act as their PR firm.

Goalus

"unbelievably pretty characters"?
Wait, does that include female ones? If so, that would be a tragedy - I've already given my opinion on this worrying trend elsewhere:

Ah, here in my innocence, thought they paid devs to push their money killing junk.
No, they’re making you pay them to poison your game. It’s a double F-U. If you refuse, the “videogame press” will say mean things about you.

It’s no different than a Mafia protection/shakedown racket.

Last edited:
Not a fan of IGN or this tweet from them but community notes are one of the most petty, pointless and authoritarian concepts to ever exist on the internet. What gives the people who write those notes the authority to be the ultimate arbiters of objective truth? I thought they would become a thing of the past after COVID but it looks like they're here to stay unfortunately.

Last edited:

Unknown?

Not a fan of IGN or this tweet from them but community notes are one of the most petty, pointless and authoritarian concepts to ever exist on the internet. What gives the people who write those notes the authority to be the ultimate arbiters of objective truth? I thought they would become a thing of the past after COVID but it looks like they're here to stay unfortunately.
It gives the people power to correct information rather than "fact checkers" who are perpetual liars.

Sonik

Goddamnit guys it's so fucking hot here today, I might go for a quick walk and then turn on the air condition and sit on my house all day. However I, Sonik, still haven't responded to reports of sexism. This has sparked criticism from a number of Chinese gamers IGN found randomly on the internet, especially women and their allies. You can't even imagine what these women and their allies say about me, neither can IGN because they're talking out of their ass but I digress, the point is that I haven't addressed the allegations and IGN is really sad

AmuroChan

At first, I was like maybe it's just a one-off article by IGN being IGN, but now with PC Gamer jumping in deciding to defend IGNs claims, it definitely does seem like an attempted smear campaign for rejecting DEI, especially when the news of them rejecting DEI came to light.

It's a hive mind.

I really want some group of white hat hackers to hack IGN and all the shitard sites like them, as well as ass-sultant groups like SBI, and wipe out all their internal HDD data---killing their business.

Fuck these outlets and the cunts that run them. They're ruining gaming.

Jaybe

Seems like a Hogwarts and Stellar Blade thing all over again. Game “journalists” clutching at they/their pearls while the game sells huge. Wukong is already the #1 wish listed and followed upcoming game on Steam by a massive margin and growing.

oLFmVVL.jpeg

The wokes really like the prominently square jawlines on "women" that give strong transtrender vibes. It's so blatantly over the top I'm not entirely convinced they're just not trolling the meme at this point.
I'm actually starting to think some people are just so warped from anime that they think anything outside of that exaggerated feminine feature looks masculine.

Top Bottom