• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT2| So free, it's only 8000 USD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
dawg there is an item that counters suppress completely
Yes, and that's standard against Malzahar. The problem is when there are 2, 3, or more suppressions on the same team. If warwick flash ults and you use QSS to escape, malzahar can still lock you in place so you get hit either way.

Cleanse or banshee's veil + QSS could escape, but that's a ton of farm and item selection just to counter that particular thing. In theory in teamfights the tanks should protect the carry, but in practice with someone like skarner, it takes so long to kill him that he can ult and kill squishy champions while the rest of the team ignores skarner.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yes, and that's standard against Malzahar. The problem is when there are 2, 3, or more suppressions on the same team. If warwick flash ults and you use QSS to escape, malzahar can still lock you in place so you get hit either way.

Cleanse or banshee's veil + QSS could escape, but that's a ton of farm and item selection just to counter that particular thing. In theory in teamfights the tanks should protect the carry, but in practice with someone like skarner, it takes so long to kill him that he can ult and kill squishy champions while the rest of the team ignores skarner.
Enemy team picks Olaf, gg.

Blizzard

Banned
Rayven, there's a kind of serious bug if you try to trade with someone and someone queue dodges. The trade window stays there forever in all future lobbies if you forget to restart the client, and it prevents picking champions if they're in the top left side of the screen.

Enemy team picks Olaf, gg.
I've never seen someone go Olaf against that combination, and even if you did, can he really tank the entire enemy team enough to kill both skarner and malzahar? Otherwise it'll be 3v5 or 4v5 with olaf trying to do damage. *shrug*

Rayven, there's a kind of serious bug if you try to trade with someone and someone queue dodges. The trade window stays there forever in all future lobbies if you forget to restart the client, and it prevents picking champions if they're in the top left side of the screen.

I've never seen someone go Olaf against that combination, and even if you did, can he really tank the entire enemy team enough to kill both skarner and malzahar? Otherwise it'll be 3v5 or 4v5 with olaf trying to do damage. *shrug*

In general if you see those types of teams with two suppresses (WW and Malz, I don't think there are any others), the best way to go about it is pick Ali, Olaf, Blitz, or Rammus to counter them. Olaf can easily do damage and they will have to run the hell away thus protecting your carry. The others can tank damage and have multiple disables that will interrupt the suppress. QSS works for the rest of what you need.

Blizzard

Banned
In general if you see those types of teams with two suppresses (WW and Malz, I don't think there are any others), the best way to go about it is pick Ali, Olaf, Blitz, or Rammus to counter them. Olaf can easily do damage and they will have to run the hell away thus protecting your carry. The others can tank damage and have multiple disables that will interrupt the suppress. QSS works for the rest of what you need.
Skarner is the other one, and tanky skarner and warwick (especially skarner) take a long time to kill. But yes, ideally counters and teamwork will solve it...which isn't going to be there in low elo ranked. :p

Trying to decide which support to get next...

Lux, Sona, or Soraka.

Or save my IP for Lulu.

Enjoying Janna now... saving people's asses with a tornado into the other team is god.

Played a pre-made 5v5 in normal last night. I went as Skarner. It's like the enemy doesn't want me to jungle at ALL.

5 man gank at the start which was half-expected and we managed to go 4-2 from it. Minions spawned afterwards. I went back to blue and wow another 5 man gank? Managed to get away but I burned my Flash.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Trying to decide which support to get next...

Lux, Sona, or Soraka.

Or save my IP for Lulu.

Enjoying Janna now... saving people's asses with a tornado into the other team is god.

Sona is my favorite support to play, she has so much utility and her ult is fun too. But she doesn't really have any "OMFG GET OFF MY CARRY" spells like Janna does. Soraka is my least favorite support to play, I just don't feel like I'm having fun when I play her.

I'm currently saving up for Lulu myself so I have to reserve judgement on her.

FYI: Don't ever play Lux or Morgana support, it just doesn't work.

Crazy, I thought Lux was a support!

Maybe I'll check into Sona, she "looks" boring, but I'm almost to 3100 points, so maybe I'll just grab her. Rune buying isn't for me yet.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Crazy, I thought Lux was a support!

Maybe I'll check into Sona, she "looks" boring, but I'm almost to 3100 points, so maybe I'll just grab her. Rune buying isn't for me yet.

She's easy to learn but hard to master. You can just faceroll your keyboard the whole game and get by fine. But Sona's level 1 pokes hurt like hell if you can manage your power chords correctly.

Margalis

Banned
Alistar is amazing against anyone with a suppress and stuff like Galio. He has 2 forms of CC that will knock people out of channeled ults, and his ult will break him out of CC, so it's basically impossible to stop Ali from disrupting those ults.

Blizzard

Banned
I think Sona is fun to play, but I know different people have different things they enjoy.

I tried using help pix on a friendly ward with Lulu, and it doesn't work. So if it did, they apparently patched it already.

Another note, the bug where you can't see turret HP and can't attack it STILL shows up.

bjaelke

Her armor buff is broken.
Alistar is amazing against anyone with a suppress and stuff like Galio. He has 2 forms of CC that will knock people out of channeled ults, and his ult will break him out of CC, so it's basically impossible to stop Ali from disrupting those ults.

This. Those channeled ultimates are easy to interrupt if you have the cc. TSM vs NaVi last night showed that. Reginald picked Galio and NaVi picked Udyr, Nautilus and Alistar. Their cc completely shut down Galio during team fights.

Shouta

So I saw Vladimir on rotation and I just had to try the vamp out and he's hilariously fun. The Blood Pool is pretty damn amusing and the Transfusion is super short with a bit of cooldown reduction. I kind of wish the Ultimate had a bit more punch for being able to only use it once a minute but it's pretty nice anyway for the time delay.

Blizzard

Banned
my elo is sub 800
elo hell at its finest
At my lowest, I think I got down to 690. Then I started learning kat and got up just over 1100 (mostly with her, I think?), then I started sucking and now I'm like 1050. I did manage to get ranked wins and losses even, and that was probably pretty out of reach a while back.

dimb

So I saw Vladimir on rotation and I just had to try the vamp out and he's hilariously fun. The Blood Pool is pretty damn amusing and the Transfusion is super short with a bit of cooldown reduction. I kind of wish the Ultimate had a bit more punch for being able to only use it once a minute but it's pretty nice anyway for the time delay.
His ultimate can do a ton of damage as long as you're hitting multiple people with it. In heavy AOE comps it's pretty vicious.

Alex

I think I'm around 1200, I play in a pair with my wife and while we play pretty well for casual types you're just so at the mercy of the matchmaker. I'm not a serious player, so I don't care if someone isn't that good, but the mediocre players always tend to be the biggest loudmouths in our matches, always looking for someone to blame or something to bitch at.

For IP, I'd save for Lulu, she is awesome and by far the most entertaining support character, IMO.

brian!

dawg if they blew two single target ults on one dude, you win

dimb

I did the dumbest thing on Morgana today. Built a Catalyst first to try and survive better against Hec. Missed like ten thousand last hits with my pool because it didn't tick for enough damage. Seriously one of the worst games I've ever played as her.

Ferrio

Banned
I did the dumbest thing on Morgana today. Built a Catalyst first to try and survive better against Hec. Missed like ten thousand last hits with my pool because it didn't tick for enough damage. Seriously one of the worst games I've ever played as her.

My game was way worse, ugh. Rene snowballed quickly... wasn't anything i could do. Couldn't kite any of their asses either... rene would dash, ez teleport, hec charge.

dimb

My game was way worse, ugh. Rene snowballed quickly... wasn't anything i could do. Couldn't kite any of their asses either... rene would dash, ez teleport, hec charge.
Too cocky of us to put you top even. I should have taken it.

Q8D3vil

690 now
im beginning to question if im that bad or im getting shitty team mate all games.

i usually don't die in the first 10 minute in any lane but when the other lanes are failing i die a lot.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Sona gets too much hate. :(

Eh Soroka might be the better of the two main healz, but I still end up playing Sona most of the time. Her nerf a few character release patches back though definitely brought her down to the middle of the back though. I go with her mainly because I feel like a well timed and placed Ulty in a late game team fight usually ends up doing more for my team than the global heal Soraka has.

I'll get flamed for this, but I tend to do better with Soraka if I deviate a little bit from the Support Items Meta and grab some extra AP. Really helps her main heal but more importantly her ult late game.

For example early game against a Karth I can save people if my global is up. Late game I can't if I go straight support because Karth AP stacks, and I end up with to many support items. He does like twice as much dps as my global ulty heals. IDK I just end up having my better Soraka games with I do this for me personally where as Sona I do better if I just stick to the item meta hardcore.

It's the first part of the ult that's important. In fact, I think with the update, you don't even really need the second or third ranks in it because it stays at 12%.

Boken

Banned
Um, triple GP5 is pretty rare.

Q8D3vil aren't you freshly at level 30? Generally going to ranked immediately is a bad idea.

CLGeu owning up the TSM tourney with a sub. Scary.

Vanillalite

Um, triple GP5 is pretty rare.

Q8D3vil aren't you freshly at level 30? Generally going to ranked immediately is a bad idea.

CLGeu owning up the TSM tourney with a sub. Scary.

Yeah triple GP5 is like never done. It doesn't built into enough things you'd actually need and hinder you from building what you need even if you'll make more gold over the long haul.

Also am I the only one that builds the parts, but doesn't build straight into shurelya's? I tend to build my boots next and keep getting my GP5 then I build out shurelya's. Then I start in on my aura items.

UncleBiz

690 now
im beginning to question if im that bad or im getting shitty team mate all games.

i usually don't die in the first 10 minute in any lane but when the other lanes are failing i die a lot.

Just because you have bad teammates doesn't mean the other team doesn't have terrible people, too. There is a reason you gain or lose rating. You don't see top players drop below 1200 because of bad teammates. Watch your own replays, realize your own mistakes. It helps a lot

FoxSpirit

Yeah triple GP5 is like never done. It doesn't built into enough things you'd actually need and hinder you from building what you need even if you'll make more gold over the long haul.

Also am I the only one that builds the parts, but doesn't build straight into shurelya's? I tend to build my boots next and keep getting my GP5 then I build out shurelya's. Then I start in on my aura items.
Sure thing, maximising gold gain.

Also, I don't get the "no triple GP5 rule". At least when i go Soraka. If we are really not need an Aegis right now the money for a Kage is a good investment, a few AP extra on Soraka don't hurt. Different as Taric though.

Boken

Banned
*you win if the rest of your team can do damage and isn't terrible. ;)

Also, warwick gank flash ult + malz (flash) ult is a turret diving lane kill, not a teamfight kill.
Summons, can you carry q3devil pls
Just because you have bad teammates doesn't mean the other team doesn't have terrible people, too. There is a reason you gain or lose rating. You don't see top players drop below 1200 because of bad teammates. Watch your own replays, realize your own mistakes. It helps a lot
What UncleBiz is trying to say is that, if youre not owning and carrying your game at that elo... it might be your fault too.
Sure thing, maximising gold gain.

Also, I don't get the "no triple GP5 rule". At least when i go Soraka. If we are really not need an Aegis right now the money for a Kage is a good investment, a few AP extra on Soraka don't hurt. Different as Taric though.
It's not a hard rule - but in general, a kage's lucky pick is extremely inefficient. Slows down your shurelias, slows down your oracles, slows down aegis, slows down Zekes. it basically slows down everything. You can't even build anything with it.

Vanillalite

Summons, can you carry q3devil pls

What UncleBiz is trying to say is that, if youre not owning and carrying your game at that elo... it might be your fault too.

It's not a hard rule - but in general, a kage's lucky pick is extremely inefficient. Slows down your shurelias, slows down your oracles, slows down aegis, slows down Zekes. it basically slows down everything. You can't even build anything with it.

You can build a Morello's with it now post patch change, but that would put you over the CDR max with Shur's + Boots anyways so you'd be wasting part of the CDR passive. :p

I'm probably going to be called lame or crazy, but I'd love to see another AP slanted GP5 item enter the game that either gave you more AP or CDR + GP5. That won't ever happen though.

PS: Any word on if/when we are ever going to get that new supposed AD Caster item(s)?

Q8D3vil

it doesn't matter how much i carry my team because one of them will ultra feed the other team.

my last 3 games i had positive ration with tons of assets and we lost because one of my fuckhead teammate decided to suicide by going solo in their jungle and my teammate were rushing to help him ( he was dead anyway)

maybe the fact that im playing in euw and most of the player refuse to communicate is a big factor too.

i want to switch to EUE so bad but i need riot to delete my account there first ( same name ) .

Boken

Banned
My games from 1200, I smashed my lane opponent and carried the game.

I'm sure at 690 elo I could smash my opponent and carry the game too. In solo queue, it's not about winning your lane, you need to affect the other solo lanes and help them.

It's never correct to say "no matter how much I carry, it's impossible".

brian!

*you win if the rest of your team can do damage and isn't terrible. ;)

Also, warwick gank flash ult + malz (flash) ult is a turret diving lane kill, not a teamfight kill.

oh most def, its a hellish dive combo. ideally you'd want some backup if it looks like its going to happen, but u know what its like

Blizzard

Banned
It's never correct to say "no matter how much I carry, it's impossible".
This is just silly when you're in ranked games where literally 2 of your teammates are afk/disconnected. Winning a 3v5 is very unlikely. Most games perhaps you can carry, but there are some where players are literally griefing (diving enemy turrets) or you have 1-2 afk.

Also, I tried gunblade deathfire kat for a few games. I'm not sure how GOOD it is, but it is FUNNY, as in level 18 farmed double bloodthirster corki came running at me out of base with full health, and I think deathfire gunblade shunpo ult killed him on the spot.

Boken

Banned
Yes summons, its a general statement.

its aimed at people who complain about the people in the elo AS A GENERAL STATEMENT - "no matter what I do, I can't carry these games"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom