• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '08 The Show NOG GAF League Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mig has vanished off the face of the earth,looks like my series is finished before it could even start

Mrbob

Matrix said:
Mig has vanished off the face of the earth,looks like my series is finished before it could even start

Heck no.

Knee, you want to fill in for MIG. You have been promoted to playoff status right away if you can play!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mig destroys another Show baseball season for me :(

Mrbob

Wellington you can fill in for DM or Ramirez if you want. I haven't really got a response from either one.

Knee you are the Phillies now. Do you have AIM? It is the best way to make time for games, but of course Matrix hardly uses aim anyway so perhaps you can use this thread!

Big E we need to finish out our series! :D

Matrix

What are the setting for the playoffs and does knee know the league rules?

Also whats your PSN name Knee?

Big-E

Mrbob said:
Wellington you can fill in for DM or Ramirez if you want. I haven't really got a response from either one.

Knee you are the Phillies now. Do you have AIM? It is the best way to make time for games, but of course Matrix hardly uses aim anyway so perhaps you can use this thread!

Big E we need to finish out our series! :D

Im on aim any time really just send me a message. Its a holiday tomorrow here in Canada so I will probably be out most of the day.

knee

Matrix said:

When did you want to play? What settings do you guys play on? Guess Pitch? Hot Zones?

Mrbob

Matrix said:

Same setting as the regular season.

All Star

guess pitch off

Strike zone and hit zone on

fast play on

Matrix

I'm free to play a couple of games now,if you want?It's a best out of 7 series.

I'm home cause my record was better than Mig's and I'm using the Astros.

Its also a 2-2-1-1-1 format,with the first two games in Houston.

You also have to use your starters in a rotation and not pitch the same guy every game.Also you cant use starters out of the pen unless you run out of arms.

Im sending you a friend invite knee,my PSN is matrixadw

Matrix

I don't think Knee is still around *weeps*

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:
As soon as the playoffs are done, which will probably be september at the rate we are going. :D

just in time for us to recreate the inevitable reversal of last season, in which Yost is somehow unable to ruin the team down the stretch...I can see the future

Matrix

You around knee?

Matrix

Ok im going online,I'll send you a show game invite

Matrix

Matrix

GG

I won the first game by a run in a awful shitty lag filled game and where the catcher couldn't make tag outs at home.

knee

5-4 Matrix wins, Series is 1-0. It was a really close game though.

Edit: I usually use the Rays. I was surprised to see so many bats in a line up and a pitcher that had more than 3 arrows of break to his pitches :lol

Matrix

Yea,you give me a much better challenge by far than if I were playing Mig,who sucked at the game.

:lol Your lineup is going to abuse the rest of my shitty starters.

knee

Matrix said:
Yea,you give me a much better challenge by far than if I were playing Mig,who sucked at the game.

:lol Your lineup is going to abuse the rest of my shitty starters.

Let's hope so!

Is there a 4-man or 5-man rotation?

Matrix

Knee,you free to play a game or two tonight? And if so,what time is good for you?

Matrix

No problem.

You free tonight,say around 9 pm eastern?

Matrix

zzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Matrix

This sucks ass,you failed Bob....

your commish skillz are da suck,for one reason,you let Mig destroy another league.

Mrbob

So Matrix isn't around to play?

Automatic losses for him!

Big E I might be home later tonight to play. I don't want to let this die off, even though it doesn't seem like many people care anymore! :x

Since the NL players are all in this still perhaps we'll have the NL series decided it all for 08! :D

Big-E

Mrbob said:
So Matrix isn't around to play?

Automatic losses for him!

Big E I might be home later tonight to play. I don't want to let this die off, even though it doesn't seem like many people care anymore! :x

Since the NL players are all in this still perhaps we'll have the NL series decided it all for 08! :D

I was supposed to go to a party but don't feel like going out today. I kind of don't want to win so you and Matrix can battle it out.

Matrix

Bob,when you want to roll!?

Matrix

Well I won it all,Bob cant play even though I go on aim for him,so I'm declaring myself the winner cause he has to play shitty Battlefield.

Season is over and what a joke it ended up turning out to be.

I'll be running next season and I'm making it a super small league with only die hard baseball fans.

Matrix

Bad Company does suck and I'm champ,season OVAR!

We could go back and forth day and night with words,but we know I would have won it all anyway....you cant handle the truth Boobster.

Matrix

And you want to play my team when it's weaker cause watch Roy go on the DL!

And you suck @ss with Big Z anyway :lol

knee

Aw man? it's over? I was coming on to say I could play tonight >_<

it's all good. I'll probably be better off playing a whole season next time around :D

Top Bottom