• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '08 The Show NOG GAF League Thread

LJ11

DM, ready when you are.

Edit: We got 2 of 3 in, last one got disconnected in the 8th. We'll get the 3rd game in tomorrow.

Mrbob

Fight through the pain! :D

League has advanced. FMT I made sure you couldn't duck out on me with our upcoming series. I want to sweep you myself and not get 3 free wins!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Runner,when are you free to play?

Big-E

Denog I think you are my next opponent. When you free? I can't play today or tomorrow. Friday is a maybe but the weekend I am free.

EDIT: Oh and Bob could this week be extended for MGS like GTA was?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Bob is going to lose Soriano since he broke his hand tonight.

Curse of the Cubs goes on in real life and with the next roster update.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Big-E said:
Denog I think you are my next opponent. When you free? I can't play today or tomorrow. Friday is a maybe but the weekend I am free.

EDIT: Oh and Bob could this week be extended for MGS like GTA was?
Perhaps Friday night or this weekend. I am going to be playing MGS4 tomorrow night. :D

Mrbob

I can extend this week if need be. I'm trying to get this league done before NCAA is out tho. This week does go through sunday so all weekend is available to get games in.

Matrix said:
Bob is going to lose Soriano since he broke his hand tonight.

Curse of the Cubs goes on in real life and with the next roster update.

I got home and just found out.

Shit. :x

Matrix

Anyone seen Runner/Core?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hey I got my PS3 and the show, I added all the Madden guys that were listed in this topic... so if anyone wants a game I am down.

Matrix

Anyone seen Core/Runner?

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THIS LEAGUE!?

Mrbob

Gonna have to wait till next year to get a league going Malley. This one has been tough enough to run. Doesn't help MLB 08 the show league setupi is glitchy as hell. I'll still play you or Wellie or whoever online though.

Matrix said:
Anyone seen Core/Runner?

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THIS LEAGUE!?

METAL GEAR?!?!??!

Matrix

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LJ I saw your message but I don't know how to respond or send messages while in game like I can on 360. Pressing the PS button only brings up four options, none of which I want. How do you send messages without quiting out to the PS3 interface?

Mrbob

Wellington said:
LJ I saw your message but I don't know how to respond or send messages while in game like I can on 360. Pressing the PS button only brings up four options, none of which I want. How do you send messages without quiting out to the PS3 interface?

Right now you can't. Need to wait for the upcoming 2.4 firmware update which should be here in like a week or two.

Mrbob

Yup.

Thankfully you only have to wait about a week. I've been waiting over a damn year for this.

If you are both on MLB you can message each other in game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Yup.

Thankfully you only have to wait about a week. I've been waiting over a damn year for this.

If you are both on MLB you can message each other in game.
Is the firmware that came out today the one we were waiting for?

Mrbob

Informal formal poll.

Should I just start the playoffs now with the top two teams from each division outside of this league? I don't know how much interest is left in this league.

Actually, screw two teams. If we are doing this outside the leagues I will make it the top 4
teams.

1 vs 4

2 vs 3

All rounds will be 7 game series.

The main reason I want to take the top 4 is that there have been some free wins going around with games not being played, but overall the top 4 teams in each division are the ones who are playing the best.

Matrix Core is banned. You need to talk to him on AIM. But don't worry about it now I'm ready to move onto the playoffs unless there are major objections.

Matrix

Just move to the playoffs Bob :p

Mrbob

PLAYOFFS ARE BEGINNING.

First round matchups.....

NL:

(4) Miguel/Phillies @ (1) Matrix/Disastros
(3)Big E/Nationals @ (2) MrBob/DACUBS

AL:

(4)DMczaf/Mariners @ (1) Dez/BlueJays
(3)Denogg/Tigers @ (2) Ramirez/Indians

We will be playing a 2-2-1-1-1 format

Good luck to all!

Big E I should be free Sunday night to start! :D

Matrix

Great,now I have to track down mig :(

Mrbob

Big Z has been placed on the 15 day DL. Just as the playoffs start I lose my best pitcher wooo. Well I'll have him through Sunday! :D

Big-E

Mrbob said:
Play your mlb playoff games people! :D

Who you pitching next game? If I don't win the next one with Redding on the mound I am done. The rest of my starters only have like 2 pitches.

Matrix

Migs dead,so just give me the W's :p

Mrbob

Big E I will not tip my hand early for you! :D I need a 2-0 series lead heading back to washington!

Matrix if you don't find Mig I will give you the series loss!

Matrix

Big-E

Bob I got OT today and tomorrow. I just found out. Sorry about that but it looks like I won't be able to play untill the weekend.

Mrbob

When you home for the weekend?

I'm taking a half day at work friday, and then have the weekend off. But I will be gone Saturday during most of the day. We'll figure things out.

Big-E

Mrbob said:
When you home for the weekend?

I'm taking a half day at work friday, and then have the weekend off. But I will be gone Saturday during most of the day. We'll figure things out.

Should be free anytime on the Weekend. Friday I will most likely be out.

Matrix

I sent Mig a message on the PSN,waiting for a reply back.I told him to contact me on the forum.Maybe his roomate will pass the message on :lol

Mig is never around :(

Top Bottom