• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JAN. 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Goods + Your BEST of 2013!

jayvo

Bayonetta 1/7 Scale figurine by Phat Company.

Initial assembly of the putting her on the base and put the red piece on her head.

Completed with the wings attached. They come unattached, so they it doesn't break in shipping.

I must have this!! You have a link to where you got it from?

Quake1028

HIMRbS5.jpg

A few things I had picked up at the end of December...

Pacific Rim 3D, World War Z 3D, Nikita Season 3, and some PS+ cards...

I also got around to framing some posters for my office...

Oh and those magazines just arrived too... Drift Tengoku (December, and January), GTR Magazine, and Subaru Impreza Hyper Rev Mook...

googly

My first gaf post! Some pickups from Christmas that I haven't had a chance to post until now.

q43Z4Xi.jpg

AgozG4U.jpg

LstBYZl.jpg

Super Mario 3D World is pretty amazing so far, I'm at the beginning of world 5.

Happy to have made it in the new year banner, proud of it : )

Here's my last pickups of 2013:

2014-01-06%2020.43.02.jpg

2013 Macbook Pro retina

2014-01-06%2020.44.10.jpg

Gold 32gb Iphone 5s, cause, why not (even if i already have a note 3, lol)

-Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 (PlayStation 2)
-Silent Hill 3 (PlayStation 2)

Got them for 75% off at GameStop. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 came in the original case, but the disc is the Greatest Hits version, which means I get the extra costumes and Japanese voice option. Silent Hill 3 came complete with the soundtrack CD.

Bunch of Turbografx games came today. Can't wait to try these out! Had a great first weekend with the PC Engine Duo R. Loving it!

Blu-ray's: Michiko & Hatchin (Part 1), Michiko & Hatchin (Part 2), High School DxD: The Series (Limited Edition), Haganai: I Don't Have Many Friends, Black Lagoon: Complete Set (Season 1 & 2), Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail, Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine, Shakugan No Shana: Season I, Shakugan No Shana: Season II (Part 1) (Limited Edition), Shakugan No Shana: Season II (Part 2), Shakugan No Shana: Season III (Part 1) (Limited Edition), Shakugan No Shana: Season III (Part 2), Steins; Gate (Part 1), Steins; Gate (Part 2), and Don Jon.

One of those is not like the others.

Qwell

So the past 30 days have been a little expensive for me and the wife. Folks might remember from the December thread we bought a new house, our first as a married couple. Now for a bit of the new haul since moving in. And yes we are still unpacking and have lots of cleanup to do.

New Bedroom furniture, first time anyone in my family has had like a proper bedroom set with matching nightstands, dresser, etc.
New front loading washer and dryer
And now something a little game related, my wife wanted me to pickup an Xbox One so she could use the fitness stuff, and my new recliner since our old Row House couldn't really fit one. So happy to have the space again for a recliner. Just need to pick-up some Xbox One games, but since I have a PS4 there isn't too much I can think of, probably just Dead Rising and Killer Instinct.

lordimmortal

Neo Member
First off a massive happy New Year to all on The Gaf

Now some of my recent pick ups since mid December including my awesome coffee machine and accessories I got from my family for Christmas the latte glasses are brilliant

Finally my best pick up of 2013 my new block of land backing on to the 11th hole now to build on it but we only just become the owners on 20/12/13

Bond007

And now something a little game related, my wife wanted me to pickup an Xbox One so she could use the fitness stuff, and my new recliner since our old Row House couldn't really fit one. So happy to have the space again for a recliner. Just need to pick-up some Xbox One games, but since I have a PS4 there isn't too much I can think of, probably just Dead Rising and Killer Instinct.

I'm in the market for a recliner myself. Who makes this one? Thanks!

monome

NEW HOTNESS:
b34386dc223ab856ed303f2053ee8d53.jpg

not going away from the projector goodness (playing FPS on >100" screen is superior to image definition IMO, but I have to admit a sexy 65" TV to play Bayo 2 on is a drool inducing idea).

Toyota 86? in blue?! ;-)
definitely a good starting point for 2014.

It's my birthday on February 1st. It's usual for me to ask relatives to chip in for something big.. like this:

So I won't be using it until Feb 1st but I can't wait. I've been playing KI everyday for the past month pretty much. Fantastic game!

Where is that Walkman available! In the states?

I believe so - I'm in the UK, but I think it received a global release last month (Japan got it earlier, of course)

That's hot. Does it take expandable memory?

Sadly not, which I know will be a turn-off for a lot of people. It's 32GB... there is a 64GB model, but only in Japan. I realise that isn't a huge amount of space, but I bought it for it's sound quality, the ability to play lossless audio (e.g. FLAC - what I use for most of my music collection) right out of the box, and it's no nonsense approach to file management (drag and drop, no bloatware). It's running on Android, so you can use apps should you wish. No phone functionality, however laughably when you do a system update the completed message pops up saying 'your phone is now ready to use' :D

Seriously though, the sound is beautiful, even through the stock supplied earphones - which I have run in (left it sat looping a playlist for about 100 hours). I was going to upgrade them, but for now they sound immense. No hiss, crystal clear. It's a dagger to the heart for anyone who 'puts up' with the audio quality from their phone. I have an HTC One and even I'll admit, it sounds garbage compared to this dedicated beast. Best purchase of 2013 (bought on New Year's Eve!)

I believe so - I'm in the UK, but I think it received a global release last month (Japan got it earlier, of course)

Sadly not, which I know will be a turn-off for a lot of people. It's 32GB... there is a 64GB model, but only in Japan. I realise that isn't a huge amount of space, but I bought it for it's sound quality, the ability to play lossless audio (e.g. FLAC - what I use for most of my music collection) right out of the box, and it's no nonsense approach to file management (drag and drop, no bloatware). It's running on Android, so you can use apps should you wish. No phone functionality, however laughably when you do a system update the completed message pops up saying 'your phone is now ready to use' :D

Seriously though, the sound is beautiful, even through the stock supplied earphones - which I have run in (left it sat looping a playlist for about 100 hours). I was going to upgrade them, but for now they sound immense. No hiss, crystal clear. It's a dagger to the heart for anyone who 'puts up' with the audio quality from their phone. I have an HTC One and even I'll admit, it sounds garbage compared to this dedicated beast. Best purchase of 2013 (bought on New Year's Eve!)

That case is cool too... love the design.

Coconut

Banned
Recommendation on a USB mic to go with this ELGato, that would be able to mic a full room would be great. My friends and I are trying to go for a MST3000 or How Did This Get Made kind of video game thing.

q7F95Wxt.jpg

OyKKjz1t.jpg

Sylet8lt.jpg

HgLmRbQt.jpg

DHgdCJtt.jpg

9Nz2ESTt.jpg

wiRqCVYt.jpg

Azusa takeover!

Girls' Generation/SNSD - Love & Peace CD + Blu Ray set

ibfFoyZam9SL87.jpg

Dragon's Crown (PS3) (before it disappears from retail) and Super
The Year of