• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JAN. 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Goods + Your BEST of 2013!

Sora_N

20140108_135620_zpskabgwwxw.jpg

Yuuichi

I visit a thrift store today, and walked out with these purchases:

wEVqF7d.png

I'm glad to add a Virtual Boy to my game collection!

I'm just going to assume this is the universe's way of reminding me I still can't beat the last fight of Starfox 64.

Still, those are some fabulous finds.

wEVqF7d.png

All the thrift stores around me are just full of old clothes and misc other old non-gaming stuff. Great finds, especially Lunar. Hope you bought a bottle of Tylenol with the Virtual Boy.

Since my last post, I went ahead and bought these babies, which came in last night:

redbg2.png

I'm going to need a lot of sleeves. 825, to be exact. I already did the math and it's gonna be painful, especially since some will go to waste because I want different colors for different cards (Mansion, Characters, and Skills) and won't need all of them. But mostly because I'll be spending a pretty penny.

Anyway, I can't wait to play these with a friend.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'm most proud of this...

1499691_10151944727098883_104489145_n.jpg

...and picked these up today...

1525772_10151945414933883_1393371509_n.jpg

Today was one of those days. Needed retail therapy so I went hunting. Found Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS) & the complete set of Dragon Ball Daizenshuu! I love this kind of stuff! This is a first print run from 1995 - 1996!

IrishNinja

aw they finally made a vega one of those little guys, awesome!

Bunch of Turbografx games came today. Can't wait to try these out! Had a great first weekend with the PC Engine Duo R. Loving it!

nice man! i picked up Splatterhouse & a few of those last year but mostly loose, good work with the CIB's

wEVqF7d.png

holy balls man what hell thrift store was this

wEVqF7d.png

crazy insane pickup. I wouldn't believe you if it wasn't on this board.

Sometimes you just get lucky though, i have before. I got gamecube Component cables from craigslist in a lot with 40 gamecube games, broadband adapter, and GB player for $80.

A new independent video game store opened about 10 minutes from my house so I went there the other day and he had REALLY good prices on a lot of stuff. I'll have to go back soon.

YdcysUa.jpg

Shaq-Fu
7jn7baS.gif

6WIEN18.jpg

Comix Zone
fdhsjakdhjakfdhjkaf WOAH
I've never actually seen a copy of this in real life before. I grabbed it as soon as I saw it.

wmSZnIY.jpg

Code Lyoko: Fall of X.A.N.A.
I own all the Code Lyoko games now! :)

Vnfzm3Q.png

Phantom Dust
I actually already own this game (and have probably posted it already) but the other copy I bought didn't work. :/
So I bought another one. Hopefully I can finally play this now.

1dw6Xfo.jpg

Lost Kingdoms
I already own this, but it's a disc-only copy and I wanted a complete one.

Wy0gAD5.png

Ridge Racer V
Same as above, I already own this, but it's a disc-only copy and I wanted a complete one.

crazy insane pickup. I wouldn't believe you if it wasn't on this board.

Sometimes you just get lucky though, i have before. I got gamecube Component cables from craigslist in a lot with 40 gamecube games, broadband adapter, and GB player for $80.

Yeah, it was just dumb luck. I've gone to many a thrift store looking for games, but these treasure hunts usually aren't successful.

Yesterday's finds dwarfed all of my other second-hand store adventures!

All the thrift stores around me are just full of old clothes and misc other old non-gaming stuff. Great finds, especially Lunar. Hope you bought a bottle of Tylenol with the Virtual Boy.

Those are usually my experiences as well.

Oh, and no Virtual Boy-induced headaches as of yet! Mario Tennis is pretty fun.

Swarley

Both Killzone games and Alpha Protocol are pick-ups from late December that I didn't get around to posting in last month's thread. Picked up Skyrim: Legendary Edition last weekend and then got the LEGO LotR, MC:LA, Nier and The Saboteur today with a B1G1 deal at my local game shop.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Power Blade (NES), Faery Tale (Genesis)
powertale_zps93e5607e.jpg

and dont forget to rewind your carts before you return them to the rental shop people
rentalol_zpsf5d821c6.jpg

eXistor

Haven't posted in a while, no big update either. Gotta take it a bit slower with purchases this year, just bought a house and now the long and expensive road of remodelling and redecorating is ahead.

I'm planning on making a bigger and better game-room than the one I have now, so that should be fun.

CMftb8J.jpg

Awesome man! I love that game. I have it as well. Never played II. I shall pick it up one day and hopefully share it here :)

If you love the first one, it will be pretty easy to at least like the second game too, as it has more of everything the first one offered and quite a bit more polish too.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
11883394156_963a5d0fba_b.jpg

Got a good eBay deal earlier in the week. Just showed up today!

You can never have too many Virtua Stick High Grades! :D

Rich!

My greatest pick up of 2013, which I bought for the grand total of £5.

29" 4:3 Sony Trinitron CRT:

I also got a Mega Drive with a 50/60hz mod for £20, boxed with all original instructions and two pads:

and an amazing RGB modded N64 via gaffer Baphomet 666 in exchange for my GBASP 101 and EZ Flash IV. Not going to post the image of the console itself, as you all know what the N64 looks like, but here's how crisp the image is now:

Retro gaming heaven, I tell ya

Top Bottom