• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

CPS2

MarkMan said:
Got these off someone on another forum...

416403131_62b316c4ca.jpg

Hori Fighting Stick 3 casing...

Will use in conjunction with these...

416402617_4bb92869a4.jpg

Misc Sanwa/Seimitsu parts...

:) :) :)

Hopefully I'll have some nice new pics in a few days...

Are you going with custom art on the faceplate?

You know next month I'll be able to show off my modded HRAP. The stick's gonna have a clear bubble balltop, and the buttons are clear white seimitsu with black rims. It's an easy job, but it's how I want it to look. Can't wait to play HnK in a few weeks...

_Angelus_

Banned
Cdammen said:
Wow! Looks like fun! How does it play? Is it a shooter, RPG or hack'n slash? :)

Infernal Monkey, did you buy your copy of Rez through a site called Tradera? Just wondering because the manual has the same oily dot that my PAL copy had before I auctioned it out.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=646934

Its an all out shooter with rpg elements. You level up and distribute your points across all areas. Armor,weapon damage,accuracy,speed,health,powerchip upgrades inserted in your head no less that allow you to see hidden areas when exploring,etc. Or you can purchase some of these at shops along the way,like I said its a straight forward shooter with a realy nice graphics engine in it.

I played the game at a friends house,after that I ran out and bought my own copy. Its old school,no story to bog it down,just get to point A-B,find a card to access the next area,with a few npc sprinkled here and there to accompany you in the fight. You can the game find at GameStop for 20 bucks new. I have an old ATI Radeon 200 card and it plays sweet on this thing,so pretty much anybody can enjoy the game. I do need to upgrade to a new card soon though.:lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
UC1 said:
Are you going with custom art on the faceplate?

You know next month I'll be able to show off my modded HRAP. The stick's gonna have a clear bubble balltop, and the buttons are clear white seimitsu with black rims. It's an easy job, but it's how I want it to look. Can't wait to play HnK in a few weeks...

Yea, I have way too many HRAP/HRAP2 sticks and I've modded some for friends... the clear balltops/skeleton buttons are very nice... I did this mod a few months ago for a friend of mine:

354303736_fa7ff30703.jpg

mpau25

polg said:
410243843_bb1ad24dee.jpg

spent lots of money on this bookcase... so... no... no games for me :p

still playing hotel dusk... the slowest game ever conceived...

polg, do you mind letting us know where you got your shelf and how much it cost around? I'm looking for bookshelves and yours look perfect! Thanks!

Burai

shitonmychest57
B000LILRK8.09._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V47147195_.jpg

Basically the Japanese version of Coast 2 Coast but with an additional 10 months of tweaking by Sumo digital to remove the slowdown and bugs and tighten up the controls. OutRun fans owe themselves a copy.

Burai said:
Basically the Japanese version of Coast 2 Coast but with an additional 10 months of tweaking by Sumo digital to remove the slowdown and bugs and tighten up the controls. OutRun fans owe themselves a copy.

Shame it's twice the price of the US version.

KGKK

Banned
Just came back home with these!!

This was for $29.99CDN
BE5208.jpg

And got this for $229.99CDN
10078547.jpg

Now I have to wait till after March 21st to get my PS3 and Resistance!!!!!! At least I'm all ready to play my games in HD.

Cdammen

Angelus said:
*impressions*
Thanks man! Sound like my kind of game. I'm downloading the demo right now, If it's what I think it is I'll buy it :)

(EDIT) Played it! Loved it! Buying it! Thanks again!

MarkMan said:
Yea, I have way too many HRAP/HRAP2 sticks and I've modded some for friends... the clear balltops/skeleton buttons are very nice... I did this mod a few months ago for a friend of mine:

354303736_fa7ff30703.jpg
You are an arcade god..

Just picked up a 2nd hand Saturn with;

Command & Conquer
Dark Savior
Die Hard Trilogy
Duke Nukem 3d
Gun Griffon
Hexen
NiGHTS
Panzer Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Quake
SEGA Rally
Shining: The Holy Ark
Virtua Cop 2
WipEout
World Wide Soccer

Boot sales rule.

Captain N

Bootaaay said:
Just picked up a 2nd hand Saturn with;

Command & Conquer
Dark Savior
Die Hard Trilogy
Duke Nukem 3d
Gun Griffon
Hexen
NiGHTS
Panzer Dragoon
Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Quake
SEGA Rally
Shining: The Holy Ark
Virtua Cop 2
WipEout
World Wide Soccer

Boot sales rule.

awesome, how much did all of that set you back? usually Saga is pretty pricey. I was looking at getting some more Saturn games since I only have Nights & Resident Evil right now.

I ended up buying:

Prey (360)
YPbPr Power Switch Box
Joytech XBOX 360 VGA Cable

from Play-Asia.

Prey is being sold for 25 bucks btw, a quick heads up ;)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
fourplayeradapter.jpg

Well my mum found one of these during her weekly round of jumble sales. That's all I've gotten so far during this month. May pick my Phoenix Wright 2 later on.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
March:

281537b.jpg

939380b.jpg

PA.82364.003.jpg

And at the end of the month...
PA.83005.008.jpg

YOU WA SHOCK!

If Vurtua Tennis 3 is the complete hotness, I'll pick that up as well, but I doubt it this month. Bebpo has me dying for Gundam Musou, but I gotta resist for awhile.

so1337

WORLDWIDEWII said:
been looking to pick those up for a while but i cant find a new copies of pikmin anywhere?
I've got myself some copies from a small retailer that can basically get every game you want. The games themselves seem to be rather rare though.

Octagon

Here goes:

0008371720136_215X215.jpg

Got it at a sale. Never really meant to buy it but i sort of have the habit of collecting Suikoden games.

180256b.jpg

I will have a week off next week and this will be my trustworthy companion.
Or so I hope.

tehrafe

pak_donkey_kong_jungle_beat_20050203.jpg

my sister got it for my birthday, I can't play it yet since it's wrapped in giftpaper and I'll get it on my birthday, but I'm not complaining :D

strange that we even found this game, even more strange that it was only 30€

DenogginizerOS said:
Renting it. Should be at the house today from Gamefly. I hear I can beat it in less than six hours. :(

Well, sure, but you can't beat the sound of the 435th person getting headshot by Truffle with a videogun, can you?

:D

Sorry for the s*** pic I need a new camera!
42i94lk.jpg

I am surprised at the quality of the 300 game.
While not mind blowing it is very fun and has great audio.
edit: resized!

Mar

SuperJ said:

I have to say. I HATE the PS3 game packaging. I haven't seen one in real life. But from the photos I've seen, it looks like just a plastic shell with a hole for hanging? They must look horrible in a game shelf.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Martoo said:
I have to say. I HATE the PS3 game packaging. I haven't seen one in real life. But from the photos I've seen, it looks like just a plastic shell with a hole for hanging? They must look horrible in a game shelf.
A hole for hanging? :lol

I think the PS3 cases are pretty nice except for one glaring, earth-shattering, galaxy-imploding, Virtual Boy dominating over Nintendo DS Lite flaw: that little annoying asshole red square thing with P S 3 written on it that looks like it was designed by a Naruto™ action figure w/ Photoshop skills

Yarr

Banned
tehrafe said:
pak_donkey_kong_jungle_beat_20050203.jpg

my sister got it for my birthday, I can't play it yet since it's wrapped in giftpaper and I'll get it on my birthday, but I'm not complaining :D

strange that we even found this game, even more strange that it was only 30€

In Canada one of our main retailers "Future Shop" is selling it for 19.99CND. Thats like what 2€?

marwan

Banned
so1337 said:
After the Miyamoto-Keynote I just had to buy...

B00005Q8LY.03._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B0000C9ZPK.03._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Oh, and Excite Truck too.

PIKMIN 2 is PURE SEX!!!!! ONE OF THE BEST GC GAMES EVER, HANDS DOWN!

you might as well just play part 2 and skip part 1.

anyways, here is what i got:

B000LSKXRQ.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V44949249_.jpg

i got Wario before reading the reviews that it wasn't so great! :(

B000JLIYLC.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
B000IONGWW.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

nny

DC R1D3R said:
Here's a few items i've managed to pick up so far this month.

P3170194.jpg

oh, I hadn't seen this month's Edge's cover yet...so pretty and all kinds of yummy.

oh, latest aquisition:

DSC02152.jpg

ChryZ

03shopping.jpg

Waited too long and had to jump through some hoops to get "we <3 katamari", but now it's mine.
I liked the music from the LBP demo so much that I had to buy the CD.
Headset for HOME/VOIP/etc and my new cell phone (610i).

Angelus said:
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2007/003/reviews/933127_20070104_screen003.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2007/003/reviews/933127_20070104_screen001.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/646934b.jpg
I'm looking at trailers of that game and it looks so awesome. But why such low review scores ;_;

Emotions

So far this month:
Diddy Kong Racing DS
Izuna DS
Rogue Galaxy PS2
Wii Play
Sonic Wii
Wario Master of Disguise DS
Meteos Disney Magic DS
Luna Knights DS
Spectrobes DS
Final Fantasy VI GBA
Mario Gold Advance Tour (The only GBA Mario i was missing now the collection is complete)

Planing to pick up this month as well:
Kororinpa Wii
God of War 2 PS2
Custom Robo Arena DS
Theme Park DS
Lost In Blue 2 DS
The Settlers DS (if it actually comes out this month)
Ar-Tonelico Melody of Elemia (PS2)
Shining Force EXA (PS2)
Cooking Mama Wii (if it comes out this month)

Top Bottom