• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

daripad

ymOKMRV.jpg

Decribe the box please, any manuals? How is the disc, etc?

just got back with my copy of Killzone. Now I just need a console to play it on.

RV6R0Cml.jpg

and the back of the case for those interested.

28opVj5l.jpg

and the inside case. not much to see here.

T7rFATll.jpg

rataven

Finally!!

DjWAiZjl.jpg

ACIV books

CTbzAwFl.jpg

And ACIV. Actually forgot I preordered this! Might send it back in favor of the PS4 version. Not sure yet.

UJMn7jkl.jpg

New sound bar. I really don't know all that much about audio, but my plasma's speakers are lame, so I figured this was better than nothing.

GnXVlZUl.jpg

isual

oh shit. It comes with a 7 day plus trial code ? nice.

Looking inside that case....it looks so cheap for something that's worth 60 plus tax.

I feel like you can get that for 40...30...20 later on...

Yes Boss!

Late October indian blu care package. One Hindi and one Tamil. Was hoping to get Chennai Express and make it a DP love-fest but that got delayed till next week, sigh.

null_zpsdac4dab5.jpg

Birdy the Mighty: Decode. Recommended in one of the off-topic threads about the final fight in Man of Steal and where Zach Synder got/
stole
his ideas.

PC Stuff. An external Dock, and 126GB Patriot Rage flash drive for putting all my music in my rap car. The 64GB to use at work.

Books: The Art of God of War: Ascension, Blue is the Warmest Color, and Star Wars: Frames

Some random pick-ups...

Ran the Warrior Dash this past Saturday so hey, free stuff! Which consists of: a fuzzy Viking hat, a t-shirt & of course a Finisher's medal - which actually doubles as a bottle opener:
5BA373F7-9854-4BB4-8722-D398C675EFB8-2530-000002E865BD8002_zpsf94523d6.jpg

Bought these as a possible last-minute/half-assed costume for Halloween:
F4B781D5-CD00-4019-BDD0-8144B9F63DB9-2530-000002E86F023713_zpsfc6c0903.jpg

Amagon

Got a bracelet from The_Monk's wife, who makes all kinds of stuff.

Crappy webcam photo:
L2NxSG6.png

This is the pic she took before sending it to me, much more accurate. Those are wood and jasper beads, as per request. The elephant is a reference to a section of the dhammapada.

Also got a custom mala from a place online. Another shitty webcam pic:

TE9waRF.png

Agarwood, sandalwood markers, jade guru bead, silver buddha, slide knot. Good work and smells lovely. I had already ordered this before The_Monk's wife offered me a mala at a better rate. Oh well, this is rather specialty in its components.
She really does a good job, just received another bracelet from her today. Excuse the bad cell phone photos from me as well.

KiDdYoNe

Damn those PS4 boxes look awesome.

b48e8300413111e3814022000aa80033_8.jpg

Latest additions to my current gen collection, which is almost done. Few orders on a way and few tites to order, but it's almost finished!

Will show the full collection, when ready :3

Batman Arkham Origins Collectors edition. Weird though, game came separately.

2013-10-30162456.jpg

And just finished setting up my 150" cinema screen, 3D 1080p DLP projector. That's it playing Skyrim from my PC upstairs through my shield.... A bit light in there, need to get some black out curtains for the french doors. Amazing for gaming when the lights go down. That's my youngest for scale.

2013-10-19115013HDR.jpg

cynostic

And just finished setting up my 150" cinema screen, 3D 1080p DLP projector. That's it playing Skyrim from my PC upstairs through my shield.... A bit light in there, need to get some black out curtains for the french doors. Amazing for gaming when the lights go down. That's my youngest for scale.

Damn man, that's cool. How is the Shield for streaming games? (I guess your network must also be quite good) Been meaning to get one for myself.

The_Monk

She really does a good job, just received another bracelet from her today. Excuse the bad cell phone photos from me as well.

I'm very glad you also liked that one fellow GAFfer! Good to see it arrived well after a long trip. Thank you, anything else just let me know, as usual :)

glaurung

Looking at guys who already have Killzone and DS4 controllers is driving me insane.

I remember when I was saving up to buy a PS2 for the first time. I had already bought GT3, ZOE and DMC. Those boxes were so utterly pristine and flawless.

Also, the Killzone box is translucent blue? Nice, I was expecting solid blue like the Vita boxes.

Damn man, that's cool. How is the Shield for streaming games? (I guess your network must also be quite good) Been meaning to get one for myself.

When I first got it, it was terrible over 2.4ghz, but bought a (cheapish) dual band router with just the Shield on 5ghz and it's close to flawless, hardly any noticable lag. They've just released an update to make the streaming better and output in 1080p via the shields HDMI. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm testing it out tomorrow night to see what it looks like on the cinema screen.

My Retro game collection is growing at a steady pace I'd like to think! Here's what I managed to acquire this month (All Complete and purchased for below market markups :):

photo1_zps77e406dc.jpg

Tomb Raider and Metal Slug X (1$ each couldn't pass these thrift store random finds lol, just need new cases)

photo_zpsc93ea13c.jpg

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow & Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance

photo2_zpsb456fb95.jpg

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin 20th Anniversary Edition

photo_zpsea3c147a.jpg

Metroid Fusion & Metroid: Zero Mission

And arguably my best find/pickup this month...

photo2_zps9f1fe7a3.jpg

Super Metroid
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 2013 Haul

photo_zpsaa94b68d.jpg

A Metroidvania month to be remembered!

Also Beyond: Two Souls lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
More RE to the collection!

o9VqymU.jpg

Naite

dyhHvc9.jpg

If it wasn't for 1 other bidder, I could've gotten this for $1 on ebay. Still pretty good for $10 however.

A lot of stuff is here is outdated since it uses arcade version 1.01 and the current version for arcade and consoles is 1.10, but most of the changes don't apply to me.

Ecto311

Nintendo 2DS - Sold my ambassador 3ds for this and came out about $80. My daughter plays this one and loves it. It lasts longer than the 3ds we had and the lack of 3d is a huge seller to me because she don't need no crooked eyes at 4yr old.
V1KTJWGl.jpg

6vwN3Hil.jpg

Y1rZ39ql.jpg

This is dads 3ds XL - didnt even consider it till my wife got the pokemon XL for her birthday then I had to get this one. Goddamn this thing is so much better than the original 3ds. I am getting older and staring at a small screen fucks up my eyes so this thing is a god send considering there are a ton of games for the 3ds that I wanted to get into but never even tried. Wish there was no 3d in this one too since to me its a waste. I run it for like 2 min in every game but never find a huge benefit.
B7aJvxwl.jpg

eHYdzyCl.jpg

My new Green iPhone 5c. I was listening to the new JRE.
Again my wife got the pink one and I found it to be really nice for the price and what it offered. I was on a galaxy s3. I really liked it for a bit but android needs some work. Again I want to like android but compared to apple and when you have a kid the iPhone is still the winner to me.
HmdjVpKl.jpg

FYJXRQal.jpg

Top Bottom