• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

Defuser

anddo0 said:
i1214480_Octpurch1.jpg
wtf,Logan's shadow is out alread?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
cordonbleu said:
Shouldnt these threads be past-tense? As in the October pick up thread should begin at the beginning of November?

Just askin is all.

Well the way I always envisioned it, this is a pick up post for October... there's nothing wrong with updating what you purchase throughout the course of the month...

No need to wait until the next month to post your October purchases.. ;)

bryehn said:
How many hours did you spend winning your haul? I've heard of people doing it, but never seen it pay off.

I won the TV on my second day entering. I would say about 2 hours or so. I'm not sure about the game because I would just enter randomly when ever I was bored.

New stuff:

My friends at Gamestop gave me the Zelda cel (even though I didn't but a DS). Oh, and of course, the Konami TGS 2007 pamphlet.
IMG_0468.jpg

Close-Up of MGS: Mobile phone strap from TGS 2007:
IMG_0469.jpg

I don't have photos of the box yet, but here's a screen of it running off of my PS3 (finally found a copy a couple of days ago at EB :)),

ggxxac-ps3.jpg

Chromax

Leshita said:
I don't have photos of the box yet, but here's a screen of it running off of my PS3 (finally found a copy a couple of days ago at EB :)),

ggxxac-ps3.jpg

Whoa o_O the sprites are almost SF2HD level....I need to get this and run it on my PS3!

Leshita said:

ggxxac-ps3.jpg

Fat ABA oand Order Sol don't appreciate you stretching them. Play GGXXAC in 4:3 mode.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Leshita said:

ggxxac-ps3.jpg

Whoa, maybe I should open my game and play it on my ps3.

h3ro

_dementia said:
Fat ABA oand Order Sol don't appreciate you stretching them. Play GGXXAC in 4:3 mode.

No 16:9 option?

I don't have a copy of Accent Core, but GGXX looks great in 1080p!

larvi

Took advantage of the EB Games $49.99 sale on used Xbox's. Got a clean 2005 model with a Samsung drive. Also picked up a 3rd party wireless controller for it for another $13. Haven't decided for sure yet but I'm probably going to use it as a HTPC/media extender.

DSCN7248e.JPG

_Angelus_

Banned
Well it hasn't been purchased yet but it looks like I'm in line for a new PSP. My pet dog Appolo jumped on me while I was having a serious OutRun2 session and knocked the handheld from my hand,the sound it made when it hit the kitchen floor was nasty. The Funny thing is it doesn't have a single scratch from the fall but the PSP is ruined none the less. When I power it on over half the screen doesn't display graphics anymore,just a mess of rainbowish gargled colors with around 1/3 of the left side of the screen still working properly.

I really didn't feel like creating a topic on my troubles so I figured I post it here. Is there anyway to fix this,or am I screwed? So yeah I'm probably picking up another PSP,preferably used at GameStop,weren't they selling them for $99.00 a few weeks back,or was I just dreaming this?

monkeycrap [IMG said:
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc269/burningtoys/IMG_0284.jpg[/IMG]

-Won NHL08 in the same Pepsi contest and picked up the other two on the cheap. At the bottom is my Wiimote rape whistle key chain.

I desperately need a Wiimote rape whistle key chain... Where can I get one? And no, this is not sarcasm.... I do need one!!!

_dementia said:

I actually prefer the look of the stretched image for this game, for some reason when I set it to 4:3 upscaled it just looks squished when I play it on my HDTV (perhaps my eyes are playing tricks on me :p). The animated intro looks a bit stretched, but during fights I prefer the stretched widescreen look (looks right to me).
Yeah, Accent Core looks as good as XX when upscaled (or perhaps a bit better due to more vibrant colour schemes).

Kingpen

Picking up this month....

PGR4
Half-Life 2
Virtua Fighter 5
Guitar Hero 3
Final Fantasy Tactics PSP
Ace Combat 6

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I got this the last day of September.... But I've been having a blast playing around with it as of late...

1486352834_25a0be8fca.jpg

I prefer Euro FF boxart. It's so clean with just the logo. I hate what they did for FFIII and the GBA titles with the art in the background. So much classier with just the logo on white.

JavaMava

I'm pretty fucking disappointed at the lack of images found on google.

Theres always a few in these threads and I like to laugh.

While usually I really love our PAL Final Fantasy boxes as simple white and the logo (compared to crap like FFX's American cover) I must say, I MUCH prefer the American box art for PSP FFT, its very cool!

I think FFXI and its expansions have had my fav FF boxart though, always great stuff.

MoxManiac

SuperJ said:
Won this on eBay last night:

ChronoBox.JPG

ChronoLayout.JPG

I have my SNES and standard definition CRT hooked up and waiting. :D

Nice condition! Must not have been cheap.

It's awesome to see a complete boxed CT again.

Top Bottom