• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

DiddyBop

MarkMan said:
I got this the last day of September.... But I've been having a blast playing around with it as of late...

1486352834_25a0be8fca.jpg
Nice. I can realyl see Apple making the touch into a portable gaming device with touchscreen like the Ds in the next 5 years when the tech price drops and allows them to compete in the same price range as normal handhelds. If they happens, Apple will really have a John Woo-esque stranglehold on the portable entermainment market.

Drewsy

Banned
I finally got my replacement 360 yesterday and I'm so excited. Both of these will stay in their wrapper until I return to my place monday from visiting home. I'm withholding my PGR4 purchase until I know it'll run fullscreen on an SDTV.
IMGP0025.jpg

h3ro

robertsan21 said:
I got it on the PRESS disc of Heavenly sword

Would you mind uploading the 1080p version? I'm sure everyone would be grateful to get that pic, looks great!

Thanks in advance...

It was a bitch trying to figure out how to transfer the photos from my PS3 to my computer.
now I need a place to upload the damn files as photobucket RESIZES the damn images!

I got these 4.

dont know if you guys have seen them before.

Hpage02-09.jpg

Hpage02-18.jpg

Hpage02-03c.jpg

Hpage01-09.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Rlan! Great pickup!

King's Quest VI and Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacists are some of my fondest gaming memories ever....

pubba

Wow Rlan - those old PC games look like new.. Where did you find them? Cashies? Or private seller?

Oh and thanks Robertsan - new PSP background GET!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
1495840800_cc77bb091e.jpg

Picked up the Persona 3 guide... been holding off on getting it until I found a copy in good condition... and finally found a book I've been wanting to read for quite some time...

Rlan

pubba said:
Wow Rlan - those old PC games look like new.. Where did you find them? Cashies? Or private seller?

At a Garage Sale :)

Admittedly though I can't even think of playing them - they're all Macintosh versions for the most part. Is there such a thing as a Mac Emulator? I do listen to the Retronauts podcast a bit and remember them talking about these games, and how rediculous Freddy Pharkist sounds! The Soundtracks for Riven and Myst looked nice so I picked them up too.

The guy had a bunch of other games, namely Zork, Zork Returns and Gabriel Knight 3 but I don't think they were boxed Still, if he's got a GS tomorrow I might check back there.

Most of them are complete - Space Quest comes with the hint book and the red thing. They're all in fantastic condition, right down to the reciepts from '92!

Geoff9920

Well since my 360 red ringed...

Halo 360 - only version of the august batch I could find otherwise I'd have gotten an elite
Orange Box

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
PSP.jpg

I saw Gitaroo man Lives randomly in a store so I just had to pick up a slim PSP and the other 2 games :D

decon

MarkMan said:
1495840800_cc77bb091e.jpg

Picked up the Persona 3 guide... been holding off on getting it until I found a copy in good condition... and finally found a book I've been wanting to read for quite some time...
Please PM when you're done with that book! Really want to know if it's worth a read or not. I've gotten interested in samurais as of late, mostly because I've just started training Ninjutsu (Ninjas aka. samurai killers) after 10 years of Judo.

Darkman M

decon said:
Please PM when you're done with that book! Really want to know if it's worth a read or not. I've gotten interested in samurais as of late, mostly because I've just started training Ninjutsu (Ninjas aka. samurai killers) after 10 years of Judo.

I just got my persona 3 book in the mail, bought it from the double jump website.

Leshita said:
I don't have photos of the box yet, but here's a screen of it running off of my PS3 (finally found a copy a couple of days ago at EB :)),

ggxxac-ps3.jpg
Wow, that looks great. I'm thinking that the Wii version won't even look as good as Accent Core PS2 running on the PS3. I did want to get the Wii version though...

CAVE343

Halo 3 are leftovers from Sept.
Finally picked up Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops (cheap). Got Zelda (rebought), Blue Dragon and Warhawk. The wireless headset for 360 is pretty good, good sound and no interference.
Pre-ordered Ratchet & Clank and Assassins Creed. Also renewed Xbox Live for a year :D

Oktber.jpg

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
blame space said:
Is that two Mighty Mice I see? The scroll ball on mine just crapped out. :(
Yea it is. I hardly use it though. it's just sitting there collecting dust. I have too much garbage laying around my desk.

the-iek

just preordered the silver ds lite package, ordered chibi robo park patrol us and zack & wiki us, as well as dragon quest monsters joker. i'll take some pics when i receive the stuff.

"Halo 3 are leftovers from Sept.
Finally picked up Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops (cheap). Got Zelda (rebought), Blue Dragon and Warhawk. The wireless headset for 360 is pretty good, good sound and no interference.
Pre-ordered Ratchet & Clank and Assassins Creed. Also renewed Xbox Live for a year"

Who's giving out that assassin's creed tin when you preorder?

Artie

blame space said:
Is that two Mighty Mice I see? The scroll ball on mine just crapped out. :(

Sorry to derail, but did you try the paper trick? Mine was fucked over, and after that it works fine (for now...).

Manp

nothing really exciting here but after months of search yesterday i was finally able to find a PS2 to PS3 memory card adapter:

img.jpg

while i was at it i also bought a USB adapter for my PS2 pad. it looks quite simple but it seems to work great with both my PC and PS3 (it lacks the PS button but after one of the latest FW updates it is no longer needed, am i right?), so now i'm finally able to properly finish GOW2 on my PS3 :D

as always sorry for the crappy cameraphone pic

:)

Rlan

To add to the classic PC games:

monkey.jpg

But apparently the game might be 4 disks, so I'm missing disc 4? Can anyone confirm for the Amiga version?

Rlan said:
To add to the classic PC games:

monkey.jpg

But apparently the game might be 4 disks, so I'm missing disc 4? Can anyone confirm for the Amiga version?

Yep, Unfotunately for you the Amiga version comes on 4 discs :(

CAVE343

oo Kosma oo said:
Guys I reallt need to know, do the Platinum FFX and FFX2 need to go from my FF collection or not...

You could replace them but hey, it's just a cover. You do own the game that should be enough. Unless your a real perfectionist/collector and want all the non platinum original stuff.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
First pickups of the month, only Pro Evo 2008 to go. Ratchet will be here in early November as I have to wait for it to ship from the US to UK.

Heavenly Sword, Sega Rally and the Maximum Tune 3 OST.

2ibc1ew.jpg

Flock

oo Kosma oo said:
Guys I reallt need to know, do the Platinum FFX and FFX2 need to go from my FF collection or not...

You could just get the original covers professionally printed and use them.

Top Bottom