• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

0587100c2afec0b8571f5019d.jpg

- SEGA Rally for 360
- Oblivion GOTY for 360
- 2 GB Ram for my MacBook

:D

Artie said:
Sorry to derail, but did you try the paper trick? Mine was fucked over, and after that it works fine (for now...).

I used the paper trick many times, but it's really broken for good this time. Thanks, though, I hope yours doesn't take the route mine did.

Jme

Picked this up at the thrift store. It's for the NES, it's programmable via the LCD screen, it takes 4 AAA batteries, and it's huge (if you couldn't tell).

s1uuer.jpg

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
Just picked up a couple of Jrpg gems @ Gamestop, namely Radiata Stories and Valkyrie Profile 2 : Silmeria.

The guy at the counter told me about a combo (with a coupon out of a pamphlet of theirs) where I would end up paying only $5 more than the used games alone for

A) Members Card (10% off used games, I'll save more than $5 for sure)
B) 1 Year subscription to GameInformer

I decided the $5 was worth it. :)

cjdunn

october-pickup1.jpg

Skate was part of my COD4 preorder from BB that added a free $10 gift card. They screwed up the shipping of said card and offered an additional $10 online discount. :D

I shaved $10 off the other three with a BB coupon. :D :D

Wallet still am cry for the rest of the month*, just a tiny bit less.

* Folklore, Duck Amuck, FIFA, [snip], Castlevania (PSP), Stranglehold, Ratchet & Clank, Simpsons... dear God!

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Sony Vaio SZ61XN/C....it's for work so I didn't pay for it but still :D

Now to spend the next 2 hours uninstall all the unnecessary crap it came with =(

vaiosz.jpg

Keen said:

Now to spend the next 2 hours uninstall all the unnecessary crap it came with =(

vaiosz.jpg

I was just going to ask you how long it took to reformat and get rid of all the bloatware sony installs.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Infernodash said:
I was just going to ask you how long it took to reformat and get rid of all the bloatware sony installs.

Problem is that Sony includes no installation cds =( Just some sort of hidden backup partition. So you can't reformat, which I would've preferred. Unless I download another "copy" of Vista and use my existing License. Going to try to uninstall most of the crap and disabling stuff thru msconfig first. Deleting Norton Internet Security (should be called Norton System Hog) now.

And my god the amount of Vaio crap that's on there :mad:

Sexy machine though :p

Keen said:
Problem is that Sony includes no installation cds =( Just some sort of hidden backup partition. So you can't reformat, which I would've preferred. Unless I download another "copy" of Vista and use my existing License. Going to try to uninstall most of the crap and disabling stuff thru msconfig first. Deleting Norton Internet Security (should be called Norton System Hog) now.

And my god the amount of Vaio crap that's on there :mad:

Sexy machine though :p

Definitely is a sexy machine. I was recently in the market for a new laptop, but I've decided to hold out for mid 2008. Sony was high on my list but after much research I've found that their bloatware, lack of driver support for XP, etc, I had to write them off. I'll reassess them Summer 2008.

decon

Keen said:

vaiosz.jpg
How come it's still running vista then :p?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
1516977301_036cc11b68.jpg

Even though I got the Touch on the 15th and Halo on the 25th, I'm just now getting around to uploading, so I'll put them here.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
More and more seeing those itouches is making me want to buy one. How can any of you use 8G or 16G? I have a 20G 3Gen and i am strapped for space.

decon

D3, a Danish gaming expo. Nothing big really, just want to try out games like Rock Band and stuff like that. Hopefully it will be there :D Also a few of my friends from Copenhangen will be going too so it'll be cool to see them again :)

Normally I hate iPods, but I won this one in a workplace lottery. Can't remember if I've posted it already.

DSC13100007.jpg

cjdunn

neojubei said:
More and more seeing those itouches is making me want to buy one. How can any of you use 8G or 16G? I have a 20G 3Gen and i am strapped for space.

I've got a 16GB myself. (3 weeks ago so it won't count as an October pickup). It's a matter of mind power -- no wait, Mind Power (tm). If you must have all your music on your hip, don't get one. Get an iPod classic.

I have a playlist of songs that I've listened to only once (or less) plus a bunch of TV shows... plus "Grosse Pointe Blank". Hm, that's still a great deal of content.

...forget what I said: Get one. :D

Kosma

Banned
bad-joey said:
You could replace them but hey, it's just a cover. You do own the game that should be enough. Unless your a real perfectionist/collector and want all the non platinum original stuff.

Guess you're right.

Desiderus said:
Aren't the game disc themselves corrupted by the Greatest hit/platinum stamp?

Yes they are. Plus the boxes are silverish/grey instead of blue.

decon said:
Last, a book on ninjutsu which I've just started training. It's an awesome material art so way and I'll probably be training it for years to come :)

The first rule of the Secret Art is to not tell people you are using a widely available book.

marwan

Banned
Keen said:

vaiosz.jpg

that's exactly what i do with every Vaio laptop i buy.....my bro buys a Vaio like every 6 months and begs me to uninstall the crap it comes with since he doesn't want to uninstall something important accidentally(he's not very techy when it comes to computers)

and btw, my laptop is the exact same one as yours, only mine is a Centrino Duo 1.8Ghz...bought it about a year and a half ago. it's great laptop nonetheless.

EDIT: when i installed Vista on mine, i got the drivers from the Vaio site, but i still can't find the hotkeys drivers that's used to adjust the volume, brightness...and all the other hotkey commands.

any idea what the file is called?

Black_Ice said:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2074/1516977301_036cc11b68.jpg[IMG]

Even though I got the Touch on the 15th and Halo on the 25th, I'm just now getting around to uploading, so I'll put them here.[/QUOTE]

Bill Gates would cry to see that you didn't go for the Halo 3 Zune

Flipside

bad-joey said:
Halo 3 are leftovers from Sept.
Finally picked up Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops (cheap). Got Zelda (rebought), Blue Dragon and Warhawk. The wireless headset for 360 is pretty good, good sound and no interference.
Pre-ordered Ratchet & Clank and Assassins Creed. Also renewed Xbox Live for a year :D

Oktber.jpg

What exactly is the Assassins Creed box? Wondering since it seems PAL but my local game shop doesn't offer any kind of pre-order kit / special edition yet.

Big month:

360 Zephyr
Halo 3
God Hand
Digital Devil Saga I/II
SMT Devil Summoner
Metal Gear Solid 1 (PS1)
Yakuza
Etrian Odyssey
FF7

I will post up pics soon.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
cjdunn said:
01/30/2006!? You fail, Time Traveler!!!!

;)

>_>

Valkyr Junkie said:
Bill Gates would cry to see that you didn't go for the Halo 3 Zune

Fuck that, the iPod Touch owns. I won a Zune in the mail and sold it for funds for an iPod Touch.

Like, litrerally 30 people from my school have come up to me and said this exact quote: "Is that an iPhone?"

Sad, actually.

Black_Ice said:
Fuck that, the iPod Touch owns. I won a Zune in the mail and sold it for funds for an iPod Touch.

Preaching to the choir. I'm planning on picking up a Touch soon. Although I was disappointed to read that the DAC in the Touch isn't as good as the in the Classic/Nano. Also I'm hoping to see more of the iPhone apps (like email) added to the Touch. Also, the past month since my last 'pick-up post' has been on the pricey side. I've been trying to exercise some restraint (sorry Eye of Judgment).

mhg7eg.jpg

decon

a Master Ninja said:
The first rule of the Secret Art is to not tell people you are using a widely available book.
I'm really just reading it to get some background on the history of Ninjutsu.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
marwan said:
that's exactly what i do with every Vaio laptop i buy.....my bro buys a Vaio like every 6 months and begs me to uninstall the crap it comes with since he doesn't want to uninstall something important accidentally(he's not very techy when it comes to computers)

and btw, my laptop is the exact same one as yours, only mine is a Centrino Duo 1.8Ghz...bought it about a year and a half ago. it's great laptop nonetheless.

EDIT: when i installed Vista on mine, i got the drivers from the Vaio site, but i still can't find the hotkeys drivers that's used to adjust the volume, brightness...and all the other hotkey commands.

any idea what the file is called?

Seems to be common actually. Files are called hkserv.exe or hkcmd.exe or some hk-variation.
Found a couple of links about the problem.

link 1
link to drivers
link 3

Scott

Couple things finally showed up today...

Final Fantasy XI: Online "Vana'diel Clock" by Hori:
25k0phk.jpg

Again by Hori, 4 (of the 5) Eternal Sonata faceplates:
2weyv4y.jpg

The clock is a neat little collectable (which makes it a shame that my box is kind of mushed...), but outside of that? It's kind of useless -- the display is way, way too dim to be a practical alarm replacement, and the sound quality is quite awful -- which is about what I expected after hearing people talk about it. Definitely not anywhere near being worth the original MSRP, which is ok, as it was on clearance so I got it all nice and cheap.

The faceplates, on the other hand, are amazingly well done. Very, very nice in person, and worth every penny (weren't too much, as I waited until the Ebay prices bottomed out). I essentially have the whole collection of 'em now, as well, as I'll be getting the last one (Allegretto) courtesy of kiryogi. :)

Valkyr Junkie said:
Preaching to the choir. I'm planning on picking up a Touch soon. Although I was disappointed to read that the DAC in the Touch isn't as good as the in the Classic/Nano. Also I'm hoping to see more of the iPhone apps (like email) added to the Touch. Also, the past month since my last 'pick-up post' has been on the pricey side. I've been trying to exercise some restraint (sorry Eye of Judgment).

mhg7eg.jpg

the ffvii ac book is in chinese? and how much did it cost you for 2 ffvii cc psp?
man you are rich

bryehn

I had rented this earlier, but didn't get around to beating it. Bought it because the achievements take two playthroughs, and it's nice to have co-op in there for playing along side the wife.

oct9-eternal.jpg

And this...well this just rocks, game or not

oct9-metal.jpg

bryehn said:
I was hoping that 28 days/weeks would be out on Blu-Ray, never mentioned in the adverts.

I just picked up 28 Weeks Later on Blu-Ray. I almost bought "Days" also until I remembered that 90% of the movie was shot on PAL video and would look like warmed-over ass in HD. The 35mm sequences apparently aren't too great either apparently.

handofg0d said:
Picked this up at the thrift store. It's for the NES, it's programmable via the LCD screen, it takes 4 AAA batteries, and it's huge (if you couldn't tell).

s1uuer.jpg

That's not huge, it's MEGA.

Top Bottom