• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

mint

Banned
haha.jpg

white sony psp bundle for less than black core? ok! lol

CAVE343

Flipside said:
What exactly is the Assassins Creed box? Wondering since it seems PAL but my local game shop doesn't offer any kind of pre-order kit / special edition yet.

Yeah it's PAL. Nothing very special in the box, a crappy dvd with interviews which are on Gametrailers, the comicbook and some certificate. But the box looks great.

Decided to finally grab a 60gb PS3 while they are still around and the amazon deal was still going on. Though im sure they would have been around for a bit longer yet. It will stay packed up for a while being as the roomate has a PS3. I wanted to make sure and get hardware emulation being as i missed most of last gen... dont want to run into any problems.

ps3.jpg

expensive month so far :( and there is still the 2for1 TRU deal soon!

Scott

Infernodash said:
Is that a new trigun boxset? Region 1? It looks newer than the boxset I have. I'm ready to re-buy. HAHAHA.... No wonder I stay broke.
Well, latest copyright is "2005," so it's definitely more recent than the original boxset. It's 2 seperate sets (Eps 1-14 in "I," 15-26 in "II"), by the way, each with it's own tin, slim-cases, and trinket (one has a keychain, another a necklace). It's not updated like the Remix releases, to note, though it does have added Dolby Digital 5.1 for both the English & Japanese audio tracks, so that's a nice plus. :)

And yeah, it's Region 1, bought at my local FYE here in Bemidji, MN. Ran me roughly 90$ altogether, and that's with both being on sale for half price. :|

CTLance

(not pictured is the X360 required to play the games, and the packaging of Rune Factory [the DS game] - oh, and sorry about the placement of the games, but the Poster came in a tube and would roll up again everytime I tried taking a pic otherwise)

5x1k6q.jpg

Can't wait to play Krazy Ivan. It was one of the few games I never got around to buying back then despite enjoying the demo (and in spite of the reviews the final game got). FWIW, here are the minimum (recommended) specs on the back of the game box:
Pentium 60 (120)
Windows 95
8 (16) MB RAM
Double speed CDROM
Graphics: 1 (2) MB SVGA

I think my PC may barely be meaty enough to run it. ;) I wonder if I'd be able to install Windows 95 on my new USB stick... probably not.

Oh, and the poster is awesome. Thanks again to my new best friend yilmazz who told me about this germany-only dealio.

Obligatory strange fact: my 360 bill amounted to 444.47 Euro. And no, they couldn't take three cents off just to make it look better, I asked.

Oh yeah, my gamertag is the same as my forum nick.

mint said:
haha.jpg

white sony psp bundle for less than black core? ok! lol
Details. STAT.

Even though i just dropped $500 for a PS3. I'm a star wars freak and psp is finally getting good games, i'd pick it up for that price :O

Scott said:
Well, latest copyright is "2005," so it's definitely more recent than the original boxset. It's 2 seperate sets (Eps 1-14 in "I," 15-26 in "II"), by the way, each with it's own tin, slim-cases, and trinket (one has a keychain, another a necklace). It's not updated like the Remix releases, to note, though it does have added Dolby Digital 5.1 for both the English & Japanese audio tracks, so that's a nice plus. :)

And yeah, it's Region 1, bought at my local FYE here in Bemidji, MN. Ran me roughly 90$ altogether, and that's with both being on sale for half price. :|

Thanks for the info i'm going to check amazon then deepdiscount... maybe i'll wait for the deepdiscount 20% off sale.

Omikaru

DSC00258.JPG

DSC00259.JPG

DSC00260.JPG

As the invoice said, here's what was in the package:

1 x Antec TriCool 120mm DBB Case Fan
1 x Leadtek PX8800GTS 320MB DVI PCI-E Graphics Card
1 x Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping (2.4GHz 1066MHz) Socket 775 L2 8MB Cache (2x4MB (4MB per core pair)) Retail Boxed Processor
1 x Akasa AK-956SF Socket 775 heatsink with fan Cooler
1 x Samsung SM206BW 20" TFT Monitor Widescreen 1680x1050 3000:1 300cd/m2 2ms RGB/DVI 3 Years Warranty
1 x LiteOn DH-20A3P-12C 20X DVD±RW/DL/RAM Black Bare Drive - OEM
1 x DFI BLOOD IRON P35-T2RL SKT 775 8 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard
1 x Antec P182 Gunmetal Grey Super Mid Tower Case - No PSU
1 x Antec TruePower Trio 650W PSU - With 3x 12v Rails and 120mm Fan
1 x Corsair 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 XMS2 Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL5(5-5-5-12) Heat Spreader Lifetime Warranty
1 x Seagate ST3500630AS 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 16MB Cache 7200RPM - OEM

Variable

Citizenship said:
STEAM PURCHASES:
Peggle Extreme
Geometry Wars
Titan Quest
The Orange Box
Codename Gordon (Free)

steamdownloaded-games.gif

Why does it look like you dont have Half Life 2 and Episodes 1 and two installed?

marwan

Banned
Blablurn said:

worst purchase of the year! ...unless you got it for free!

anyways, here is my October purchase:

my older GBA SP with backlit screen got lost, so i bought a new one since i plan on visiting my old collection of GBA games :)
GBASP.jpg

and

i know not a real pic, but it's in the mail and should be here in a few days.
boxart.jpg

compressedjpg.JPG

The Orange Box. Screenshots are exciting.

Oooh, 1 gift? Where did that come from?
What are Orange Box gifts?

Orange Box gifts are allocated to users who own either 'Half-Life 2' and 'Half-Life 2: Episode One' and then go on to purchase The Orange Box, which includes these two games. An Orange Box gift allows users to give either or both 'Half-Life 2' and 'Half-Life 2: Episode One' to a friend who does not already own the game. An Orange Box gift is an easy way to let your friends enjoy 'Half-Life 2' and 'Half-Life 2: Episode One' for free.
Ah, ok then. Anyone who doesn't own HL2 yet? Yeah, thought so.

connectiontour07017.jpg

OFJGJFJIJOJDOJIJ MASTER SYSTEM FOR $15 IN AMAZING CONDITION. <3 The three games were a buck each. Oh man I'm so glad I decided to stop in at the pawn shop on the way home today.

connectiontour07018.jpg

Also these. The dog is not a recent purchase though. =o
That blob up front that my camera decided to flash to death is a BBA note pad, to go with the BBA drink bottle that I got at the Nintendo Connection Tour today.

Omikaru said:
[

As the invoice said, here's what was in the package:

1 x Antec TriCool 120mm DBB Case Fan
1 x Leadtek PX8800GTS 320MB DVI PCI-E Graphics Card
1 x Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping (2.4GHz 1066MHz) Socket 775 L2 8MB Cache (2x4MB (4MB per core pair)) Retail Boxed Processor
1 x Akasa AK-956SF Socket 775 heatsink with fan Cooler
1 x Samsung SM206BW 20" TFT Monitor Widescreen 1680x1050 3000:1 300cd/m2 2ms RGB/DVI 3 Years Warranty
1 x LiteOn DH-20A3P-12C 20X DVD±RW/DL/RAM Black Bare Drive - OEM
1 x DFI BLOOD IRON P35-T2RL SKT 775 8 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard
1 x Antec P182 Gunmetal Grey Super Mid Tower Case - No PSU
1 x Antec TruePower Trio 650W PSU - With 3x 12v Rails and 120mm Fan
1 x Corsair 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 XMS2 Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL5(5-5-5-12) Heat Spreader Lifetime Warranty
1 x Seagate ST3500630AS 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 16MB Cache 7200RPM - OEM

Cool, that's almost exactly the same PC I built last week.

Rlan

You mother fucker Infernal Monkey :(

I got these in the mail today from Play-Asia:

lan.jpg

Shell Mario, Bomberman Icons, and the Mega CD. I got the 3 worst possible toys from those collections :lol :(

FoeHammer

Hammer24 said:
What is this Serenity thing? A book?

It's actually the Collector's Edition. I had no clue it was even out until I read the OT thread about a possible Serenity sequel. If you are a fan, pick it up and support our losing cause.

marwan

Banned
i ot a new mobile phone, the Sony Ericsson K850:

5 Megapixel camera with auto focus, macro mode, ISO level, EDGE, 3G, HSDPA(3.5G), 320x240 video recording at 30fps....and tons of other features....including and accelerometer like the iPhone, you twist the phone sideways and it rotates the images/video into landscape mode, including the the Media menu, which looks like the PSP/PS3 XMB interface.

K850-1.jpg

K850-2.jpg

Media menu:

k850_media_ui_img_1542_605.jpg

Google

marwan said:
i ot a new mobile phone, the Sony Ericsson K850:

5 Megapixel camera with auto focus, macro mode, ISO level, EDGE, 3G, HSDPA(3.5G), 320x240 video recording at 30fps....and tons of other features....including and accelerometer like the iPhone, you twist the phone sideways and it rotates the images/video into landscape mode, including the the Media menu, which looks like the PSP/PS3 XMB interface.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/mplayer74/K850-1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/mplayer74/K850-2.jpg[IMG]

Media menu:

[img]http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/summer_2007/img_4659/k850-media/k850_media_ui_img_1542_605.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

What are those symbols underneath the #'s?

Kanji?

marwan

Banned
Farore said:
How are the keys? I don't like the look at all...

the keys are manageable, but the new direction pad needs getting used to since it surrounds the 2 and 5 keys.

google, those are arabic letters.

marwan

Banned
Opus Angelorum said:
How is the screen?

the screen is excellent, vivid and very sharp. It's QVGA resolution(320x240) 2.2 inch size.

here is a quick picture i snapped of the 360 controller, without flash and the light in the room was a bit dim.

(pic taken at 5mp setting)

Top Bottom