• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Yes Boss!

You got the Rhythm Heaven cab too, right? Or was that someone else? Where are you buying these from and roughly how much? I'd love a cab like this.

I actually imported from a few places...did the single/individual and expensive route. The Tengoku was from Japan. This was from France. I dunno, Blasts are usually about $1000 now (I think). I probably paid about $1300 for this one since I tacked it on with some other cabs to split the customs fees. Better to buy from somebody who already has it here (in the states, I'm assuming). You could probably get it for a bit cheaper. But I enjoy the importing process and was curious how it worked on the east coast.

Also, I got a free CRT that was in the trash! Sadly, the speakers are kinda blown but I can get around that. Something for backup or the gameroom!

null_zps2ddc421f.jpg

So I've just now started heavily PS1 collecting. In the past month this is what ive managed to procure. All via craigslisting/ebaying adventures i've manged to collect all of them at fair prices (usually 30% off price-charting) or severely discounted price (like 5x less in some uniformed craigslisters cases...sorry guy!). Also I refused to pay ebay markups (did some snipe bidding when resorting to ebay however). I feel like this is a good start for my collection. Tell me what you think! (and maybe suggest titles I should seek out to further flesh out my collection too?)

P.S: Sorry for my shitty picture quality!
--------------------------------------------------------
Lets start out with the "lesser" finds and work our way to what I believe are the real gems/must haves.

photo_zps0fe782df.jpg

For 5$ i got these from a garage sale. Tekken was the real reason i bought the lot, Parasite Eve only came with disc 2 so im a little disappointed for my first Craigslisting venture...but later into the month...
photo11_zps2f97a474.jpg

Got these for 3$ off a guy from CL....dont regret it one bit ( though I hate loose discs most of the time $3 for Brave Fencer cannot be passed up!)(Also willing to do trades by the way :)
photo3_zps3605474a.jpg

Yep, all CIB (except for those that are loose or are in crappy CD containers lol, got those for really cheap at a garage sale)
photo4_zps2741a933.jpg

Haven't played Chrono Cross nor Vagrant Story before now and goddamn are they looking good just from my initial 20 min startups. Also SOTN is by far the gem of this pic IMO, easily in my top 10 games, just behind MGS :).
photo5_zps00386572.jpg

Arguably my best purchases/finds this month. Currently playing thru FF7 (30 hrs in) and I understand its legacy/hype, which I actually do think it deserves. Xenogears is by far the gem of my entire collection however cant wait to dive headfirst into it!
photo21_zps278e2fcd.jpg

And for my random pickup. Yeah, I got two gamecube gameboy bases/players....I'll explain. For quite awhile I had been looking for this bad body on CL (for a price below the ridiculously ballooned $40-$60 bones online) and, funnily enough, someone was selling the base separately. I jumped on the chance thinking I could eventually find the disc or cave in to ebay....two nights later, too my dismay/disbelief, another CL listing goes up for a player/disc so I attempt to haggle with him. In the end he refused to sell the disc separately for a cheaper price so i ended up buying for the set for $20. So yeah now i have two bases and a disc. (If anyone wants to trade or buy the extra base for cheap, PM me lol)
photo31_zps8f02e8eb.jpg

Oh I also got KH 1.5 HD ReMIX :)
photo1_zpsaecbad12.jpg

Full September bounty.

All in all my first month of serious collecting was not only relatively inexpensive due to my obsessive bargain hunting but so too incredibly fun! Cant say I'll be able to have another month with this many high quality pickups but I'll keep collecting and posting here when I come across something worthwhile! Let me know what PS1 titles I should seek next (particularly JRPG's!) Thanks for reading!

Danielsan

Just picked up my first car (Ford Ka 1.3I from 2000). I got my driver's license over 3 years ago, and since then barely ever drove a car. So on the one hand I'm scared shitless, on the other I'm excited.

VR3rKwF.jpg

6pWEw12.jpg

It isn't much, but it's a perfect little car to start out with. Drives great and for €1200 I couldn't say no.

Gamble

Not a bad month :)

9979912723_6dbdc45b7b_c.jpg

9979846076_f4bbd4b9d2_c.jpg

9979843646_ec68f93551_c.jpg

my gf and i adopted this adorable little ball of fur she's 4 months she's a chihuahua that we think might be mixed with something else we suspect because compared to the others she's huge for her age

9979771565_277160c7f2_c.jpg

Forsete

New monitor.

EIZO FS2333
9980571384_88782a733e_b.jpg

So now I have two widescreen monitors, this is my old EIZO S2231W
9980537845_1852e6d338_b.jpg

Some new tools

Stahlwille wrenches size 6-22 mm
9980552395_6b0bab551e_b.jpg

Flaig pressure gauge (for tires), and thread depth measuring tool
9980565614_9df21c8321_b.jpg

Zajora

I got a new camera!

ibuwgs82aOwlVP.jpg

(Sony Nex-F3. My hands aren't normally in that position - I was trying to show all of the front of the camera. :p)

Yes Boss!

My two other cabs are now up and running. Got them wired for complete 360 playback for two players. Also went with Seimitsu stick and Sanwa buttons, my favorite combo:

null_zpsc270b732.jpg

Vertical for the shooters:

null_zps3755ba84.jpg

Horizontal for the fighters (and occasional horizontal shooter):

null_zpsf361def3.jpg

Not the best picture but pretty happy with this pickup! (no scratches or shit on it, just bad pic)

j4sapRr.jpg

That's quite beautiful. My husband has the same style but his is platinum and white gold (I think). His is about twenty years old. He's been dying to get one with a blue face. I can see why now, that's a beauty you got!

Yes Boss!

Holy shit, dude. Those look incredible. What cab is that anyway?

Vewlix L but the Chinese built version (lot of debate online if they legit, license, sub-licensed, etc). So a lot of little quirks like a cheaper build, 220 that needs to be stepped down (I've got a lot of euro stuff so no biggie). On the plus side they have a Sharp brand 1080p screen and have both VGA and HDMI/DVI input (the previous model had a Samsung 720p and no DVI). Screens seem very awesome so far and I've not even started to adjust them.

I did a ton a research and after not being able to locate a single Japanese Vewlix F I found these for fairly cheap. Basically two for the price of one F and they are going to be perfect for my 360 playback. I'm totally stoked with them. I do intend to get a Diamond in a couple years when those drop in price to sub-3K used. Also, Neo Legend in Paris did an incredible job wiring it with PS360s.

Just picked up my first car (Ford Ka 1.3I from 2000). I got my driver's license over 3 years ago, and since then barely ever drove a car. So on the one hand I'm scared shitless, on the other I'm excited.

VR3rKwF.jpg

6pWEw12.jpg

It isn't much, but it's a perfect little car to start out with. Drives great and for €1200 I couldn't say no.

That's awesome. I got my driver's license a year ago, and I'm about to get myself a car too. I'm also feeling scared shitless because I haven't drove ever since I pass the test. Enjoy your time with the car and be safe.

alejo0121

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/jFr48ax.jpg[/IMG]
Got these two for around $70 :) and very surprised that the latinamerican version included the Atomic Blimp

kasane

My two other cabs are now up and running. Got them wired for complete 360 playback for two players. Also went with Seimitsu stick and Sanwa buttons, my favorite combo:

null_zpsc270b732.jpg

null_zps3755ba84.jpg

null_zpsf361def3.jpg

Nice! If you don't mind me asking how much? my initial d cabinet is back home i miss it :(

Hanzou

I got a new camera!

ibuwgs82aOwlVP.jpg

(Sony Nex-F3. My hands aren't normally in that position - I was trying to show all of the front of the camera. :p)

New or used? Got mine for about $400 last November and love it. Curious how much they are going for now.

Ecto311

New or used? Got mine for about $400 last November and love it. Curious how much they are going for now.

I just got a NEX-5R on amazon for $400 and there are a few on there now for that price through the amazon warehouse. Was considering the F3 but the 5R doing the flip screen and wifi to smart phone remote and viewing is too good to pass up.

VR3rKwF.jpg

6pWEw12.jpg

Welcome to the land of true freedom.

And don't be afraid, driving is incredibly easy. All you have to do is stay alert, and assume everyone around you is about to do something stupid. Defensive driving isn't just a term, it's a way of life. Literally.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Been a while since I posted in one of these, but I'm still finding stuff these days. Been considering doing videos on weekly pickups.

This was my week for finding alternate edition consoles I guess. Earlier this week I found a SNES JR. I had always wanted one of those and it came with power supply, controller and AV cables.

This morning I didn't visit too many places because the weather was extra bad around the Seattle area, but I did find a Halo edition Xbox for only $10 and a couple games for $4 each.

I looked and looked and couldn't find any matching controller.

Well, I now have 2 Xbox's and 5 Super Nintendo's (3 of them working) along with 7 Sega Genesis's, 5 Game gears, 2 TG-16's, 4 NES's, 4 Sega Saturns and 5 Playstation 1's. I'm going to need to start selling/trading away some of these one of these days.

Zajora

Well, I'm in Canada which means cameras are normally more expensive. It's on Amazon.ca for $700, but I managed to find it at a local store for $300. It was listed as open box and non-returnable, but I talked to the employee and apparently it hasn't been opened and I can still return it. :p

[IMGhttp://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv358/gbuczek/null_zpsc270b732.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv358/gbuczek/null_zps3755ba84.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv358/gbuczek/null_zpsf361def3.jpg[/IMG]

How cool!

Yes Boss!

Nice! If you don't mind me asking how much? my initial d cabinet is back home i miss it :(

When all was said and done about $3500 for each one. But that includes the boating ($400 for each cab), all the customs fees and my rental truck to pick up in Baltimore ($350 each cab), and full awesome PS360 wiring and audio amp ($250 each cab). Actual cab by themselves were $2300 each.

Actually not too badly priced and they should keep me going for a couple of years since I've got a fantastic collection of 360 shmups and fighters. I usually buy a lot of Arcade sticks and I really curtailed that this year so I could pick up some more arcade machines. But I'm spent! That is it till at least 2015-2016. I really do want a driver...an F-Zero or Outrun stand-up but that will have to wait.

dubq

How come? The 3DS versions are always missing the coolest feature (the object editor stuff).
I had credit on the 3DS ship from getting Project X Zone and SMTIV, so that was one reason.. but mainly because I wanted to play it and could not connect (and still can't) to the Wii U eShop. I may double-dip in the end. ;)

andylsun

New laptop bag!

Crumpler - The Pinnacle of Horror bag.

My old marware bag died and I'm traveling to China for two weeks at the end of October so need something to keep all my crap safe.

Have three crumpler camera bags that are awesome and while expensive, this is worth every penny.

nHwoXjll.jpg

MbWFiYMl.jpg

MrMooMoo

I have not done one of these in a while so...
Some new buds imported from Japan. Sound AMAZING
My first figure.
My second figure.. (I feel like this is gonna be an expensive hobby)
Bought black cables and new Corsair fans as well as a 7850.
Got an IPS monitor for cheap, using the old one in portrait mode is awesome.
And last but not least..
My first car. I say its a pretty damn good first car.
Oh yeah I got games too..

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
My first figure.
My second figure.. (I feel like this is gonna be an expensive hobby)
Bought black cables and new Corsair fans as well as a 7850.
Got an IPS monitor for cheap, using the old one in portrait mode is awesome.
And last but not least..
My first car. I say its a pretty damn good first car.
Oh yeah I got games too..

September has been a good month to you mate. Great pick up post. That Kurisu figure is the best I've seen too. Do you mind if I ask where you got it from?

Top Bottom