• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Custom shields for my headphones:

XSD5me6.jpg

hWh6lJk.jpg

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 - Swapped out my trusty GTX 680. Be warned, this card is loooooong... it just made it into my thankfully large tank of a case.

icwQSzN12fSEF.jpg

gmfer

Neo Member
My first post with some stuff I have bought on the past couple of months:

3DS XL - Yoshie Edition

I bought it for my constant trips and WOW, I love this thing! it's been a while since I owned a Nintendo console and it is perfect for what I need. Also bought a few games:

Luigi's mansion, Zelda a link between worlds, New Super Mario Bros 2, Kid Icarus and Chrono Trigger. Amazing library, also have in digital original mario trilogy, kirby adventure, metroid and Resident Evil: Revelations.

A new Chromecast:

Network Lan Cable Crimper Pliers Tools for the Ethernet in the new apartment (Now Steam In-Home Streaming works amazing, seriously go GigaLan if you are having issues)

Sharp's Bluetooth Wireless Speaker:

To be honest i was looking for a Bose one but turns out I needed a speaker that plays well with Android and found this thing, looks OK, good sound, NFC and both iOS & Android compatible and way cheaper than Bose. Recommend it.

last but not least, a brand new Maersk Line Triple E Lego set bought at Maersk Line's HQ in Copenhagen:

Also have the E Vessel which I bought a couple of years ago. Amazing set.

Soon... all the X Box One stuff I have bought... Cheers!

Aubergine

Neo Member
I got mine at toys r us

Has anyone found the wario figure yet
Same, Toys R Us for me and I'm still on the look out for the posable Wario figure, shit's tough in the TRU man.

Has anyone else spotted the giant 20'' Mario figures yet? There was one at a TRU I visited around a friend's house, but I haven't been back to that city in a month or so and can't find it elsewhere.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone else spotted the giant 20'' Mario figures yet? There was one at a TRU I visited around a friend's house, but I haven't been back to that city in a month or so and can't find it elsewhere.

I saw one at my local Gamestop, but looks like kids have been playing with it :/ So there's another location to look (and hopefully you can find one not played with).

pariah164

Went to Barnes and Noble to poke at the Galaxy Tab Nook and check out some new releases.

Was not expecting to find this:

So, I've never had a Figuarts figure before; I may just keep it in the box for now since I don't have a display case for it...

bigmac996

My September Haul. Buying back all old GC games I had back in the day. Also picked up shadows of mordor today, and not pictured is smash 3ds on the jp eshop.

Shadows of Mordor is amazing by the way! GET IIIT

RSFdQDn.jpg

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Loving the 980, having upgraded from a 780 I was dubious as to whether I would notice much of a performance jump but a definite improvement, Crysis 3 runs beautifully now.

Grabbed this lot second-hand for £180!, although it's at Nintendo now being repaired lol!, it's being done free of charge so not too bothered, can't wait to get it back and get stuck into Mario 3D World.

Went to Barnes and Noble to poke at the Galaxy Tab Nook and check out some new releases.

So, I've never had a Figuarts figure before; I may just keep it in the box for now since I don't have a display case for it...
Welp. I'm off to Barnes & Noble.

ref

Got my new PC parts to replace my current setup.

20140926_183656jeefue.jpg

Not pictured: G.SKILL Trident X 2400 ram, 1TB WD HDD.

Coming from:

i5-750
GTX 670
8GB Ram

In a month or so, I'm going to build a watercooling loop for all this as well!

Coming from:

i5-750
GTX 670
8GB Ram

could you give us a list of all the parts here in the picture? i can see most of the model's, etc but not all.

Galdius

Long time lurker, first time posting. Sorry for the phone camera quality...
5UcIMwFl.jpg

Welcome on this thread.
It's really good to see someone picking up Ninja Gaiden for the SMS. I thought it was very good, I had a great time with it. It's way easier than the NES games but it's worth checking it out.

Finally got Pokemon Black, completing my collection upto X/Y.

sfwpkmnblack01_zps7c6d0579.jpg

Little did I know, the seller was based from the UK. Are the cases supposed to thicker and clear? I really like it though!

sfwpkmnblack02_zps0d8cda7d.jpg

I picked up a Dell Dimension XPS T-450. The system was fucking filthy when I got it both inside and outside but it's cleaned up OK.

I put my two Voodoo 2 cards in there for some 3DFX goodness.
lpymO1C.jpg

Man, makes me feel bad I threw all that stuff out back in the day. Awesome post, thanks!

Picked up 2 toys recently. One gaming related, the other not so much. :D

Congrats again man, hope you're enjoying the bike!

hugoboss78

Neo Member
Picked up 2 toys recently. One gaming related, the other not so much. :D

Nice bike! I've always like the look of the Speed (Street) Triple. Almost pulled the trigger on that same exact color scheme awhile ago. Indecisiveness between that and a Ducati Monster killed it...

Hey everyone, first time poster (and like all first time posters… sorry about the image quality - I’m sure I’ll improve as time goes on!).

Just a quick thing about me, and why I’ll be posting here regularly. This forum and my wonderful fiancée have inspired me to get back into collecting games. I had a large collection but sold it all at the start of the last generation, in what can only be described as a quarter life crisis.

Now I’m embracing my love of games and collecting by getting back on the bandwagon. Being a Sega fan from back when the console wars was life or death in the school yard, I’ve reacquired most of my old Master System and Saturn favourites. However my fiancée got me a boxed NES for my birthday in August so that’s kicked me into a bit of a Nintendo phase.

Anyway, here’s my pickups for the month: Mario 1 and 3 to finish of the trilogy having got 2 in August. Pretty chuffed to get Pop’n Twinbee! And of course the obligatory September pickup of Destiny.

50t35ce.jpg

TL;DR: NeoGAF and fiancée revived my love for gaming and collecting. I’ll be back here posting often!

Zero: Nuregarasu no Miko (Wii U) If the New 3DS hadn't have come out of nowhere, I'd actually have a Japanese Wii U to play this on by now.. Ah well, I'll get one ordered soon enough.

ibt47bnYKxcLNe.jpg

ibbQBiDwkB4J66.jpg

Ludono

Zero: Nuregarasu no Miko (Wii U) If the New 3DS hadn't have come out of nowhere, I'd actually have a Japanese Wii U to play this on by now.. Ah well, I'll get one ordered soon enough.

Beat me to it! Wanted to go pick up a copy from the store today but ended up not going due to the CRAZY protests and riots going on today, I'll get around to it soon haha

lem0n

Hey everyone, first time poster (and like all first time posters… sorry about the image quality - I’m sure I’ll improve as time goes on!).

Just a quick thing about me, and why I’ll be posting here regularly. This forum and my wonderful fiancée have inspired me to get back into collecting games. I had a large collection but sold it all at the start of the last generation, in what can only be described as a quarter life crisis.

Now I’m embracing my love of games and collecting by getting back on the bandwagon. Being a Sega fan from back when the console wars was life or death in the school yard, I’ve reacquired most of my old Master System and Saturn favourites. However my fiancée got me a boxed NES for my birthday in August so that’s kicked me into a bit of a Nintendo phase.

Anyway, here’s my pickups for the month: Mario 1 and 3 to finish of the trilogy having got 2 in August. Pretty chuffed to get Pop’n Twinbee! And of course the obligatory September pickup of Destiny.

50t35ce.jpg

TL;DR: NeoGAF and fiancée revived my love for gaming and collecting. I’ll be back here posting often!
Welcome! Thanks for sharing. Real awesome of your fiancee to help kickstart the "fire" for you. I went through something similar and am now super happy to be back in it.

MrBenchmark

Picked this up today $75 total excited the Saturn was the only Sega console I didn't have and never played. It completes my Sega system collection.

a856aa6b-0931-4f8b-a6c6-29c5002d91e8.jpg

Qasiel

Long time lurker, first time posting. Sorry for the phone camera quality...
5UcIMwFl.jpg

I loved Ninja Gaiden on the SMS! I'm pretty sure I've still got it around somewhere.

Here's my pick-ups for the month:

First up, a shiny new TV for the living room, and Destiny (shameless plug for those wanting to add me for some raids/missions/general havoc)

Also at the start of the month I got the Sony Gold headset. Wonderful piece of kit, and I have GAF to thank for letting me know of its existence.

Next up are some new Magic: The Gathering cards, sleeves and Deck Box. I got challenged by a friend to make a Sliver deck and got a little bit enthusiastic.

Lastly is a Blu-Ray of my favourite band's recent show (was released today)

Not pictured is some more tattoo work I had done, as it's still healing and still looking flaky!

Aubergine

Neo Member

That's fuckin' swank, makes me want to run check the Barnes and Noble here. Were there any others, Sailor Moon or otherwise?

LostAnkh

Nice! If you want the others, you can find them on the B & N site or Amazon.

pro tip: be careful when swapping hands, as the peg on the ball joint is really small.

eXistor

Vanishing of Ethan Carter physical copy and early Smash Bros pre-order bonus (don't have the game yet). If you're wondering: there's a dogtag in the box.

nEMnkFI.jpg

Hey a fighting game...

78D30436-1439-47FA-A5C8-887EDAA12653_zpshbgw5t65.jpg

...And another will be arriving this week too. You can probably guess what it is.

Not shown: Pumpkin Spice Oreos (been eating them, they're shockingly good)

Coming from:

i5-750
GTX 670
8GB Ram

ALL THE FANS. Congrats on the new PC. Looks awesome and good luck on the watercooling loop. You are braver than I.

Top Bottom