• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen Xbox - Release Date Rumor, Specs, And Everything Else We Know

Fess

Wouldn't they have side or instead, like with the GPU?

GPU: Co-design w/ AMD or license AMD IP (Navi 5)

The vs. could just be a case of intensive tasks (Zen6) vs. less intensive tasks (ARM64). A setup similar to Intel's P & E Cores.
I took it as a concept design evaluation slide. Who would build a combined ARM and AMD CPU? Or are you thinking they’ll do a dual socket thing?

Loxus

Yeah a x86 and ARM combo, how would that even work, and who would make it?

And I can’t see ARM as a good choice here if they want it to be a PC. I’m no coder but as far as I know they would need to use x86 emulation on everything, standard Steam versions are compiled for Windows and x86. Would just be a mess to get optimization done well and patches synched up with the main version. I assume they want to use ARM for energy efficiency, and for a handheld it would make sense, but why do it if they essentially want to make a PC for the living room running normal Steam, Epic, Ubi games and Windows? Just seems like extra problems with little gains. Just go with one of the upcoming AMD CPUs. If they plan to let it go up a notch in price there should be some headroom for a regular CPU and sufficient cooling.
Games wouldn't run on ARM though.
ARM would probably run parts of the OS, like background tasks, less intensive tasks etc. to save on power.

It would be a case like Intel's P & E cores.

Microsoft already supports ARM with Windows. A hybrid Zen and ARM chip should be possible.
Windows on Arm
Windows has traditionally run on machines that are powered by x86 / x64 processors, but more recently, also runs on devices powered by Arm processors.

Arm-powered devices are particularly interesting because the power-frugal nature of the Arm architecture enables these devices to offer longer battery life while delivering great performance. Arm Systems on Chip (SoC) often include other key features such as a powerful CPU, GPU, Wi-Fi & mobile data networks, as well as Neural Processor Units (NPUs) for accelerating AI workloads.

Build Windows apps that run on Arm

Windows 10 enables existing unmodified x86 apps to run on Arm devices. Windows 11 adds the ability to run unmodified x64 Windows apps on Arm devices! This ability to run x86 & x64 apps on Arm devices gives end-users confidence that the majority of their existing apps & tools will run well even on new Arm-powered devices.

For the best performance, responsiveness, and battery life, users will want and need Arm-native Windows apps, which means that developers will need to build or port Arm-native Windows apps.

Loxus

I took it as a concept design evaluation slide. Who would build a combined ARM and AMD CPU? Or are you thinking they’ll do a dual socket thing?
Not a ARM/AMD CPU but ARM+AMD SOC.

I posted this already but take a look at Apple's M4 Max SOC die shot.
IxqVO6o.jpeg

You can see here, the E-Cores are separate from the P-Cores similarly to the NPU.

Windows already supports ARM.
This could work great for a handheld.
OS can run on ARM and games would run on AMD. This is done to help save on battery life.

bbw_lover87

IxqVO6o.jpeg

You can see here, the E-Cores are separate from the P-Cores similarly to the NPU.

OS can run on ARM and games would run on AMD. This is done to help save on battery life.
Interesting that could work with the handheld

Fess

It'll also be priced closer to the cost of an Xbox Series X and a PS5 combined if not considerably more... So not sure that is the "win" you think it is, just to play "PlayStation" games at a later date, all of which assumes Sony doesn't push forward their own PC launcher and assumes this launcher would work on said device.

Microsoft going pure software/subs makes sense. They've struggled with hardware sales for over a decade now. Netflix doesn't make hardware. Spotify made Car Thing and they quickly discontinued it. There isn't a ton of money in hardware unless you're a market leader and Microsoft is clearly preparing for a post-hardware marketplace and since it is already struggling with hardware, it makes sense to get out.

Enter this hybrid console-PC, which is just a PC with the Xbox ecosystem on it. Their goal is now to challenge Steam more so than PlayStation. They're in a race to become a platform and Sony is in the same race too, but they have an easier method of competing because of their position in the console market. They've already established themselves as a leading platform. Sony will be entering the PC market too, but they're less likely to put out a console-PC hybrid, because it doesn't make sense for them to do so.
Just replied to the troll post, don’t write a novel about it. PS6 is apparently the next Xbox because Xbox games might be played on Playstation. But then what is the next Xbox if it might play Playstation games? A PS6?

To be serious, Steam access is both an incredible boost but also a sneaky trojan horse for Valve to properly enter the living room. Microsoft is playing with fire, as usual. The only thing Valve don’t do well on Steam Deck is power and playing nice with Gamepass and other launchers. This would be solved here and they would enter the living room and likely dominate it fast through this new Xbox. But I’m not complaining! I have at least 10x more games on Steam than the current consoles.

Last edited:

Fess

IxqVO6o.jpeg

That pictures doesn’t help me to be honest, this goes over my head so no use talking in detail about it.
But I’m thinking that ARM must do the ARM part and AMD must do the AMD part and Apple does their own silicon so they have more freedom to combine different cores.

And from what I’ve read Windows for ARM emulates x86 instructions, in some ways superbly but performance is lacking for something that people think they can use as a regular PC.

For the best performance, responsiveness, and battery life, users will want and need Arm-native Windows apps, which means that developers will need to build or port Arm-native Windows apps.”

That will be a problem.

I understand if Microsoft want to use ARM for a handheld, just not for the PC console hybrid, I think that would be a bad choice.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
That pictures doesn’t help me to be honest, this goes over my head so no use talking in detail about it.
But I’m thinking that ARM must do the ARM part and AMD must do the AMD part and Apple does their own silicon so they have more freedom to combine different cores.
And from what I’ve read Windows for ARM emulates x86 instructions, in some ways superbly but performance is lacking for something that people think they can use as a regular PC. I understand if Microsoft want to use ARM for a handheld, but not for the PC console hybrid, I think that would be a bad choice.

ARM's role in any of this will be the same as what it is with regard to Apple. They just license the architecture. AMD would be making the chip just as Apple does.

Fess

ARM's role in any of this will be the same as what it is with regard to Apple. They just license the architecture. AMD would be making the chip just as Apple does.
Ah okay, makes more sense. But I added a part later, this:

”For the best performance, responsiveness, and battery life, users will want and need Arm-native Windows apps, which means that developers will need to build or port Arm-native Windows apps.”

I can’t see this ending well at all.
Means developers would need to make special versions of games to run well on that Xbox. Means we won’t have the complete Steam library but they’ll drip feed us with special versions that may have new problems. Or they’ll just ignore the device because of a small userbase.
They need to go with ordinary parts. No added friction. Or it will fail.

Unknown?

We're likely to see two distinct hardware releases: an ultra-spec console that sits well outside of the usual console price range (think USD$799+) and then a lower-spec handheld that falls more in line with typical console pricing (USD$499-549). I suspect the handheld will be dockable in some fashion. The goal would be to release a console now that's so far ahead that it can compete with the PS6 when it eventually arrives, but has a two year head-start. The other machine offers buy-in at a lower price by catering to the Switch and PC handheld market. Given Microsoft's focus on AI, I suspect we'll see bespoke AI hardware in both machines that allows them to punch way above their on-paper specs.
Ah, going the 3DO route...

Loxus

And from what I’ve read Windows for ARM emulates x86 instructions, in some ways superbly but performance is lacking for something that people think they can use as a regular PC.

For the best performance, responsiveness, and battery life, users will want and need Arm-native Windows apps, which means that developers will need to build or port Arm-native Windows apps.”

That will be a problem.

I understand if Microsoft want to use ARM for a handheld, just not for the PC console hybrid, I think that would be a bad choice.
Samsung uses ARM + AMD SOC in their mobile phones. I don't see why Microsoft can't do the same.
Q9Aq2eX.jpeg

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
i dont care which way xbox goes as long as they support my purchases and subscriptions. if they shut down support for millions of customers and their purchases then they truly have fucked up as a company. either make xbox purchased titles work on pc or an xbox os that natively runs on many devices. something along those lines.

Topher

Gold Member
Samsung uses ARM + AMD SOC in their mobile phones. I don't see why Microsoft can't do the same.
Q9Aq2eX.jpeg

I guess what I don't understand is why change to ARM based chips at all? What does ARM bring to the table for a dedicated AAA gaming device to leave x86 behind?

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I guess what I don't understand is why change to ARM based chips at all? What does ARM bring to the table for a dedicated AAA gaming device to leave x86 behind?
I'm not a PC rocket scientist, but my guess is that they were already showcasing what they're going to do. They showcased Baldur's Gate 3 running at 30 fps and were acting like it's a big accomplishment.

This tells me that they'll have a handheld that's roughly equivalent to Series S. And probably a prebuilt PC running something more traditional, both with a new Windows Lite OS. Their "next gen" system isn't going to be limited to Series S strength of course. But I don't know. I think the main advantage for ARM is going to be lower power consumption or something? More useful for a handheld or really slim laptop.

Last edited:

Fess

i dont care which way xbox goes as long as they support my purchases and subscriptions. if they shut down support for millions of customers and their purchases then they truly have fucked up as a company. either make xbox purchased titles work on pc or an xbox os that natively runs on many devices. something along those lines.
Watch this video, it’s from a super fan so this is a positive take of the current rumour. With this we would still have access to our old Xbox purchases while also having access to our Steam library through the same UI.

Last edited:

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Just replied to the troll post, don’t write a novel about it. PS6 is apparently the next Xbox because Xbox games might be played on Playstation. But then what is the next Xbox if it might play Playstation games? A PS6?

To be serious, Steam access is both an incredible boost but also a sneaky trojan horse for Valve to properly enter the living room. Microsoft is playing with fire, as usual. The only thing Valve don’t do well on Steam Deck is power and playing nice with Gamepass and other launchers. This would be solved here and they would enter the living room and likely dominate it fast through this new Xbox. But I’m not complaining! I have at least 10x more games on Steam than the current consoles.

My response to you was a single paragraph. The rest of what I wrote having nothing to do with what you wrote should have been a tell.

You're not going to enter the living room successfully at $1,000+ USD

Across the internet I see people misunderstand the difference between console and PC gaming. A hybrid can certainly bridge many of those differences, but not successfully if the price isn't in line.

The Switch was a successful handheld console hybrid, but handhelds were already rising in price. The 3DS which wasn't nearly as successful as the DS launched for 250. The Switch launching for 300 but having console features made it an appealing product.

Where is the audience that wants to pay for a prebuilt gaming PC that MAY be more locked down than other gaming PCs and almost certainly more difficult to upgrade. There is a Microsoft store on PC now and no one wants to use it, so the only people who buy this thing will be xbox fans who are desperate to stay within an Xbox ecosystem.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Watch this video, it’s from a super fan so this is a positive take of the current rumour. With this we would still have access to our old Xbox purchases while also having access to our Steam library through the same UI.

Should have realized anyone citing Colt Eastwood is not worth talking to.

Jaybe

Curious if they will have any issues with third parties for backwards compatibility if they move to a new PC based platform. With 360 BC, they required publisher approval for the games to be a part of the program. I would think the same applies for whatever this PC transition will be.

reinking

Gold Member
IMO, the handheld will be the big win here because cost will stay in that console price range and people are much more accepting of handheld/hybrid these days. I said years ago I would like to see MS partner with someone and bring an Xbox branded PC so they could target optimization for their Xbox games. My thought was to have that alongside the console, not to become the console. Unfortunately, I think for most of the console crowd the PC/Console route will price them out. On the other hand, I said I was out on the next Xbox console because of PC but if they bring a compelling PC/Hybrid to the market, and it is not awfully overpriced, I might be back in.

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Damn I referenced this video as well though admittedly I didn't watch it as I just cant watch him but was told his take is super close and very likely this info was selectively given to him

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

I mean nothing he is referring to is news. We've known the general format at least allegedly for some time now.

• Premium product sold at a premium price
    • Largest generational leap (at a time when leaps are minimal)
  • Access to multiple storefronts
  • Potentially built by multiple manufacturers

From these things we can sus out a general look and feel.

Microsoft allowing sales to go to other storefronts means that they'll have significantly reduced revenues, so they're not going to sell this premium product at cost or for a loss. Which means high margin, which also means niche. Licensing out to other manufacturers means their goal is to sell more hardware with their storefront, again meaning they aren't expecting high hardware sales volume.

We also know that they plan to allow you to play previous xbox games and maintain your library likely through virtualization (though I wouldn't bank on this promise being kept 100%).

You're looking at a product that is probably closer to 1,200 USD if not more. They'll bleed xbox fans just like they're doing with console gamepass vs PC gamepass, and their influencers like Colt will push for people to eat that up.

Sanepar

First thing he says is PC gaming. That's pretty much what its rumored to be. Surface team.

As for GP monetization, there's already been rumors of a potential cheaper ad-tier for cloud, or other cheaper tiers that are just cloud only for Firestick. Who knows.
So it will be steam machines?

Punished Miku

So it will be steam machines?
I never used a Steam Machine, but essentially yeah. But honestly probably slightly better than that. Series X is dead silent, relatively slim form factor, quick resume, automatically syncs saves to any device you log in to. I'm thinking it'll have all that and handle streamlined updates, but also let you access other stores somehow.

That's the problem with MS for me. They want to enforce subscription service at any cost.
ALL GAME COMPANIES are trying to do this. Gamepass, Xbox Live, Playstation Network, Playstation Now, Switch Online, Switch Expansion Pack, and so on. Not to mention all the other games that have Microtransactions, Seasons, and so on. This is just business as usual and definitely what shareholders want. Microsoft is not the only one that's doing this.

Last edited:

Fess

One thing I don’t understand. Microsoft won’t get a cent from people buying third party games and MTX on Steam or Epic or Ubi on this Xbox. Their own games will also give them less money if purchased on Steam since Valve takes a cut there. I don’t think they can keep the online paywall either if it’s a PC.

So how won’t their economy on the gaming side plummet down?

And if the rumours are true and this thing arrives in 2026 or 2027. What are they going to do until then? That’s 2-3 years away.

Loxus

Most likely a handheld then.
AMD CPUs are probably too overkill for handheld gaming.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
And if the rumours are true and this thing arrives in 2026 or 2027. What are they going to do until then? That’s 2-3 years away.
Remake the Series X in white :)

Honestly thats the rub unless they shock us and bring out maybe the handheld earlier? I don't know the timing on that thing

I think 2026 at the very latest I dont see it slipping into '27

I know I am in the thats laughable not happening camp but I still wouldn't rule out late next year especially if they let other companies build this Xbox/PC hybrid with a certain set of specs.

Loxus

They don't have to do anything really.
Before the PS4 Pro and XB1X, generations used to last upto 8 years.

z5fRQFB.jpeg

The hardware of those consoles were weak but still didn't need a Pro model. Microsoft might see a Pro console being a waste of R&D along with poor sales and focusing on the next generation a better bet.

2026 (6 years) is typically in line with when we see the start of a new generation anyway.

Last edited:

Sanepar

ALL GAME COMPANIES are trying to do this. Gamepass, Xbox Live, Playstation Network, Playstation Now, Switch Online, Switch Expansion Pack, and so on. Not to mention all the other games that have Microtransactions, Seasons, and so on. This is just business as usual and definitely what shareholders want. Microsoft is not the only one that's doing this.
Not at all, Most companies besides MS are focused to sell games. Mainly Sony, Nintendo and Steam, so no.

Fess

Remake the Series X in white :)

Honestly thats the rub unless they shock us and bring out maybe the handheld earlier? I don't know the timing on that thing

I think 2026 at the very latest I dont see it slipping into '27

I know I am in the thats laughable not happening camp but I still wouldn't rule out late next year especially if they let other companies build this Xbox/PC hybrid with a certain set of specs.
Don’t forget new controllers! ;0)

It’s badly planned. I think customers will scatter and go elsewhere even with a 2026 launch. The least they could do is show some ”Project Scorpio” like hype trailer so people have a better idea of what’s coming. It’s like a terrible joke to try hyping a white Series X at $500 when it’s widely known that PS5 Pro will arrive soon.

Fess

They don't have to do anything really.
Before the PS4 Pro and XB1X, generations used to last upto 8 years.

z5fRQFB.jpeg

The hardware of those consoles were weak but still didn't need a Pro model. Microsoft might see a Pro console being a waste of R&D along with poor sales and focusing on the next generation a better bet.

2026 (6 years) is typically in line with when we see the start of a new generation anyway.
Difference is that the sales on Series are now down to the levels when a platform is regarded as dead. In 2 years their customers will have moved elsewhere. And how easy is it to get them back again?

bbw_lover87

One thing I don’t understand. Microsoft won’t get a cent from people buying third party games and MTX on Steam or Epic or Ubi on this Xbox. Their own games will also give them less money if purchased on Steam since Valve takes a cut there. I don’t think they can keep the online paywall either if it’s a PC.

I agree too at the same time its not like the series consoles has a price dop/cut either and there the rumour of the ps5 pro and switch 2 coming.....damn somebody fuck up

Punished Miku

Difference is that the sales on Series are now down to the levels when a platform is regarded as dead. In 2 years their customers will have moved elsewhere. And how easy is it to get them back again?
Personally I don't think it's that hard as long as they launch this handheld in the next 2 years. "Play most of your Series library portable now" oh and you can tab over and look at all this stuff on Steam you didn't have before. That will create some major waves.

Couple months later, oh yeah console coming soon that does the same thing. And it's high spec.

Darsxx82

It is the big doubt that I have in all this about the possibility of a PC-console hybrid. The only idea I can think of is that MS could charge some type of fee to the Stores that want to be on their hardware (I highly doubt this). Or my other idea is that MS would try to use the loyalty of fans who would continue to trust their store (acquired catalog, BC and Gamepass) and attract new ones by making it the best place or the best optimized versions on said hardware.

Screenshot-2024-07-31-at-11-43-52.png

This image and the data that emerge from it are essential for me to try to predict the question in this thread.

The first thing that emerges is that the income that comes from Xbox consoles is still extraordinarily high to abandon them. Giving up income/royalties for 30% of 3rd party games sold on consoles would be destroying the annual income figures in the gaming division and that is not what they want to show shareholders.

But more importantly, console users continue to be the overwhelming majority of those who support Gamepass revenue. Without them Gamepass has no future at the levels that MS is looking for.

In short, MS needs a product to maintain revenue from loyal users. The total abandonment of hardware is an option that is inconceivable today.

If the plan is to advance the release of new hardware and separate itself from traditional generations and Sony times..... 2026 would be the most "understandable" date in my opinion.

But it is not yet known what the plan, the strategy or the business idea that MS intends with the future hardware. We have only small tips like "offering the greatest technical leap in a generation" or that "the development of the next hardware has been accelerated" and "a team to work and ensure the BC and survival of the past catalog."

A Handlead could be the first step and could give clues.

Topher

Gold Member
Didnt someone from Xbox say the next console theyre making is going to be the most powerful ever. Which most likely is not a portable device.

No, that's not what they said.

“What we’re really focused on there is delivering the largest technical leap you will have ever seen in a hardware generation, which makes it better for players and better for creators and the visions that they’re building.”
-Sarah Bond

Fess

Personally I don't think it's that hard as long as they launch this handheld in the next 2 years. "Play most of your Series library portable now" oh and you can tab over and look at all this stuff on Steam you didn't have before. That will create some major waves.

Couple months later, oh yeah console coming soon that does the same thing. And it's high spec.
2 years is too far away. They need that handheld now for that to work, and even then it would be difficult. Switch 2 will steamroll everything on the handheld side, I guess that’s early 2025. And I wouldn’t rule out another Steam Deck within 2 years either, plus new other PC handhelds. It’s a crowded space. And for consoles PS5 Pro is soon out and will play everything better, including their own games, for 2 years, think about that one.

Won't click even at gunpoint.

Xbox has had a troubled console
generation twice in a row and now they
have to fully change their strategy on
how they'll reach Gamers across multiple
devices but Xbox is promising to launch
Next Generation consolle soon with the
most advanced and unconventional console
ever made and the best part it might
have more games than any other console
in history
[Music]
[Music]
this is Colt Eastwood welcome back to
the channel today we're going to talk
about the new Next Generation console
and how it's going to change everything
if you end up enjoying this video let me
know by liking and subscribing to the
channel hit the Bell to be notified of
new content and let's talk about Xbox in
2026 the past two Xbox console
Generations have been played with
passable power in performance and the
long wait for games this has lowered the
ability for Xbox to push sales enough in
the console market so it's surprising to
hear that Microsoft is allowing Xbox to
start another console generation and it
could start as early as 2026 or
2027 rumors of a twood device approach a
handheld in a traditional console box
have surfaced amongst insiders and games
media journalists who have been talking
to Hardware sources even with Xbox's own
Phil Spencer basically telling IGN that
Xbox will have their own handheld soon
there is something so shockingly
unexpected and Industry gamechanging
with the new Xbox console plan that will
show why this new Xbox console is so
unique Xbox is secretly working on a
universal Xbox dashboard that will unify
the interface and the whole Xbox
experience across any device that is
supported by the Xbox kernel and windows
platforms this means that anyone with a
gaming PC rig now or into the future
could download and install the entire
Xbox dashboard on their desktop PC
laptop or even new handhelds and this is
integral to what Xbox is doing with
their next console but why would Xbox
want their experience their dashboard
and their ecosystem with their games
available on any device that is not just
an Xbox console this would cannibalize
the opportunity for people to buy a new
Xbox and all of this would make it
possible for gaining new Xbox customers
but the new console wouldn't just be a
traditional Xbox console rumors have
been circulating that the Microsoft
service team has partnered with the Xbox
Hardware team to build a console Windows
hybrid setop device a set toop Xbox
console that shares the latest windows
but also has the entire Xbox dashboard
experience which of course brings
forward all of the games that are
available on the Xbox series right now
which includes Backward Compatible Xbox
original games Xbox 360 60 and Xbox One
titles and since this new Xbox console
hybrid is fully based on the current
version of Windows it will also be able
to natively install Steam epic Gog
Ubisoft EA and much more to give you
access to any and all of the games you
want to own or play on PC but those
games will be fully playable on the Xbox
console and its new hardware this would
be the first console in history to offer
more games than have ever been offered
before with some 6,000 Xbox titles that
are now available on the current Xbox
and the millions of games that are
across all of the PC platforms as long
as you are logged into those accounts
right now thanks to the popularity and
success of PC gaming handhelds like the
rag Ali Lenovo go and steam deck PC
versions of games are already able to
detect the customized Hardware in these
handhelds and set the games to run
accordingly with the software and their
Hardware Ware this means that with just
a few adjustments the Xbox console
hybrid could play native PC games on
Steam through their interface and their
storefront utilizing whatever power is
built into the next Xbox console all of
your Xbox console titles plus PC games
using the hardware and the performance
you would get the full new Universal
Xbox dashboard set to run across Xbox
supported devices on this new Xbox
hybrid console with Windows built under
underneath which means you also get a
conventional gaming PC of course native
Xbox console versions of games would be
developed utilizing new features for the
performance which for the first time
ever will have a silicon based Ai
upscaling and frame rate Boost Set for
performance as for the hardware and
capabilities the new NextGen Xbox may
not specifically prioritize raw power
and instead be the first video game
console built with key AI integration in
mind Microsoft has invested tremendous
amounts of money into Ai and its
co-pilot Tech is helping revolutionize
productivity and oems are teasing AI
based PCS and AI chips are in high
demand right now you can get games that
will produce extra frames and upscale
resolution in games to make them look
and feel better even as games get more
demanding the possibility of having
onboard AI accelerators potentially the
npu or neural Processing Unit Co
processors that work alongside the
highly customized chipset leaks from
Microsoft suggests that they could
utilize the arm 64 CPU instead of x64
CPU the reason for this Choice may be
made with AI in mind meaning that Xbox
could go with arm architecture over the
regular AMD that they've been using for
their consoles over the past several
decades another big reason why Microsoft
would select this kind of chip is
because of cloud compute arm is better
suited for this kind of integration for
boosting performance and getting games
looking sharper Microsoft could leverage
Ai and cloudtech to streamline various
processes most importantly the frame
rate interpolation that modern TVs
already do but those introduce so much
latency behind the controls it isn't
really viable for gaming but frame rate
interpolation in the silicon and with
Hardware support AI powered frame rate
prediction would allow lower spec
Hardware like this Xbox hybrid console
compared to big gaming piec
to run highquality games at 60 FPS and
Beyond especially since Advanced Unreal
Engine Tech and realistic Graphics are
so demanding on Modern Hardware right
now the concept of having a new
unconventional Xbox that is also a PC
hybrid with literally millions of games
available the most choice and most value
bringing this experience to all Gamers
is a GameChanger providing Gamers with a
conventional console box for their TV
with the most powerful Hardware that's
also boosted by AI generative
performance all on what will probably
become the new gaming standard being
able to play your games however you want
the next Xbox will likely guide the
games industry with more choice and this
all could start as soon as
2026 this is cold Eastwood thank you so
much for checking out this video if you
got anything from what we discussed it
is that the next Xbox console is also
going to be a PC that's pretty much what
I think is going to happen and unlike
anything else your PC can play millions
and millions of games and one thing it
can't play is a digital library of over
6,000 games you can buy right now or
that you already own and you can play
there are so many games in backward
compatibility that are only available
thanks to Xbox's back compat program so
it makes this incredible Universal
system where you could take that
experience whether it be on just a
regular Xbox console across PC handhelds
the cloud and so much more it's really
going to be interesting and I think
it'll push the industry to open up and
allow their games to be played in more
ways now I think that Nintendo and
Playstation will take a while to get to
that point but this is really what it's
been about with Xbox and PC for over a
decade if you ended up enjoying this
video let me know by liking and
subscribing to the channel and hit the
Bell to be notified of new weekly
content if you want to further support
the C switch channel you can do that by
hitting the join button below and that
will get you early access for videos
some 12 hours before they go up it'll
get you giveaways that we do monthly for
Merch and so much more also you can
check out the patreon the channel
membership and the patreon get a lot of
the same benefits so you can join either
way there if you want to help out but I
want you to also check out the XC
podcast we do a weekly podcast every
Monday 5:00 p.m. Pacific 8:00 p.m.
Eastern and there we'll talk about the
gaming news break down things that we
hear sources and leaks and speculation
and it's a really good show and I'm
there with middle AG game guy and we
bring in guests occasionally that's a
good show that's also available on
Spotify Google and apple podcasts on
demand after the point if you want to
check out that show but I want to know
what you think about the Xbox console
this hybrid this Windows SL Xbox PC box
and I know you can just buy a PC but
think about it Xbox is going to provide
this
pretty performative box for about 600
maybe 700 probably $600 in the US and
you'll get access to millions of games
and I wonder if it will truly get them
to compete in the market and that's what
we really need I want to know what your
opinion is in the comment section and
while you're there as I always say
please be nice
- Generated with https://kome.ai

It’s the combination of having the legacy Xbox library, new MS games, Steam, Playstation, Epic, Ubisoft games plus Gamepass on the same device and UI that makes it an interesting product.

Some fishy things. He talks about GOG too but from my experience that means bad controller support, so ignore that, will need mouse and keyboard and that’s not for the living room. And the 600-700 USD price seems unrealistic. I would go X for doubt on some of the AI talk as well. And we won’t get the full Xbox library with the 360 store closed and I doubt it’ll have a disc player. And as said, going with ARM will complicate things.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

2 years is too far away. They need that handheld now for that to work, and even then it would be difficult. Switch 2 will steamroll everything on the handheld side, I guess that’s early 2025. And I wouldn’t rule out another Steam Deck within 2 years either, plus new other PC handhelds. It’s a crowded space. And for consoles PS5 Pro is soon out and will play everything better, including their own games, for 2 years, think about that one.

Xbox has had a troubled console
generation twice in a row and now they
have to fully change their strategy on
how they'll reach Gamers across multiple
devices but Xbox is promising to launch
Next Generation consolle soon with the
most advanced and unconventional console
ever made and the best part it might
have more games than any other console
in history
[Music]
[Music]
this is Colt Eastwood welcome back to
the channel today we're going to talk
about the new Next Generation console
and how it's going to change everything
if you end up enjoying this video let me
know by liking and subscribing to the
channel hit the Bell to be notified of
new content and let's talk about Xbox in
2026 the past two Xbox console
Generations have been played with
passable power in performance and the
long wait for games this has lowered the
ability for Xbox to push sales enough in
the console market so it's surprising to
hear that Microsoft is allowing Xbox to
start another console generation and it
could start as early as 2026 or
2027 rumors of a twood device approach a
handheld in a traditional console box
have surfaced amongst insiders and games
media journalists who have been talking
to Hardware sources even with Xbox's own
Phil Spencer basically telling IGN that
Xbox will have their own handheld soon
there is something so shockingly
unexpected and Industry gamechanging
with the new Xbox console plan that will
show why this new Xbox console is so
unique Xbox is secretly working on a
universal Xbox dashboard that will unify
the interface and the whole Xbox
experience across any device that is
supported by the Xbox kernel and windows
platforms this means that anyone with a
gaming PC rig now or into the future
could download and install the entire
Xbox dashboard on their desktop PC
laptop or even new handhelds and this is
integral to what Xbox is doing with
their next console but why would Xbox
want their experience their dashboard
and their ecosystem with their games
available on any device that is not just
an Xbox console this would cannibalize
the opportunity for people to buy a new
Xbox and all of this would make it
possible for gaining new Xbox customers
but the new console wouldn't just be a
traditional Xbox console rumors have
been circulating that the Microsoft
service team has partnered with the Xbox
Hardware team to build a console Windows
hybrid setop device a set toop Xbox
console that shares the latest windows
but also has the entire Xbox dashboard
experience which of course brings
forward all of the games that are
available on the Xbox series right now
which includes Backward Compatible Xbox
original games Xbox 360 60 and Xbox One
titles and since this new Xbox console
hybrid is fully based on the current
version of Windows it will also be able
to natively install Steam epic Gog
Ubisoft EA and much more to give you
access to any and all of the games you
want to own or play on PC but those
games will be fully playable on the Xbox
console and its new hardware this would
be the first console in history to offer
more games than have ever been offered
before with some 6,000 Xbox titles that
are now available on the current Xbox
and the millions of games that are
across all of the PC platforms as long
as you are logged into those accounts
right now thanks to the popularity and
success of PC gaming handhelds like the
rag Ali Lenovo go and steam deck PC
versions of games are already able to
detect the customized Hardware in these
handhelds and set the games to run
accordingly with the software and their
Hardware Ware this means that with just
a few adjustments the Xbox console
hybrid could play native PC games on
Steam through their interface and their
storefront utilizing whatever power is
built into the next Xbox console all of
your Xbox console titles plus PC games
using the hardware and the performance
you would get the full new Universal
Xbox dashboard set to run across Xbox
supported devices on this new Xbox
hybrid console with Windows built under
underneath which means you also get a
conventional gaming PC of course native
Xbox console versions of games would be
developed utilizing new features for the
performance which for the first time
ever will have a silicon based Ai
upscaling and frame rate Boost Set for
performance as for the hardware and
capabilities the new NextGen Xbox may
not specifically prioritize raw power
and instead be the first video game
console built with key AI integration in
mind Microsoft has invested tremendous
amounts of money into Ai and its
co-pilot Tech is helping revolutionize
productivity and oems are teasing AI
based PCS and AI chips are in high
demand right now you can get games that
will produce extra frames and upscale
resolution in games to make them look
and feel better even as games get more
demanding the possibility of having
onboard AI accelerators potentially the
npu or neural Processing Unit Co
processors that work alongside the
highly customized chipset leaks from
Microsoft suggests that they could
utilize the arm 64 CPU instead of x64
CPU the reason for this Choice may be
made with AI in mind meaning that Xbox
could go with arm architecture over the
regular AMD that they've been using for
their consoles over the past several
decades another big reason why Microsoft
would select this kind of chip is
because of cloud compute arm is better
suited for this kind of integration for
boosting performance and getting games
looking sharper Microsoft could leverage
Ai and cloudtech to streamline various
processes most importantly the frame
rate interpolation that modern TVs
already do but those introduce so much
latency behind the controls it isn't
really viable for gaming but frame rate
interpolation in the silicon and with
Hardware support AI powered frame rate
prediction would allow lower spec
Hardware like this Xbox hybrid console
compared to big gaming piec
to run highquality games at 60 FPS and
Beyond especially since Advanced Unreal
Engine Tech and realistic Graphics are
so demanding on Modern Hardware right
now the concept of having a new
unconventional Xbox that is also a PC
hybrid with literally millions of games
available the most choice and most value
bringing this experience to all Gamers
is a GameChanger providing Gamers with a
conventional console box for their TV
with the most powerful Hardware that's
also boosted by AI generative
performance all on what will probably
become the new gaming standard being
able to play your games however you want
the next Xbox will likely guide the
games industry with more choice and this
all could start as soon as
2026 this is cold Eastwood thank you so
much for checking out this video if you
got anything from what we discussed it
is that the next Xbox console is also
going to be a PC that's pretty much what
I think is going to happen and unlike
anything else your PC can play millions
and millions of games and one thing it
can't play is a digital library of over
6,000 games you can buy right now or
that you already own and you can play
there are so many games in backward
compatibility that are only available
thanks to Xbox's back compat program so
it makes this incredible Universal
system where you could take that
experience whether it be on just a
regular Xbox console across PC handhelds
the cloud and so much more it's really
going to be interesting and I think
it'll push the industry to open up and
allow their games to be played in more
ways now I think that Nintendo and
Playstation will take a while to get to
that point but this is really what it's
been about with Xbox and PC for over a
decade if you ended up enjoying this
video let me know by liking and
subscribing to the channel and hit the
Bell to be notified of new weekly
content if you want to further support
the C switch channel you can do that by
hitting the join button below and that
will get you early access for videos
some 12 hours before they go up it'll
get you giveaways that we do monthly for
Merch and so much more also you can
check out the patreon the channel
membership and the patreon get a lot of
the same benefits so you can join either
way there if you want to help out but I
want you to also check out the XC
podcast we do a weekly podcast every
Monday 5:00 p.m. Pacific 8:00 p.m.
Eastern and there we'll talk about the
gaming news break down things that we
hear sources and leaks and speculation
and it's a really good show and I'm
there with middle AG game guy and we
bring in guests occasionally that's a
good show that's also available on
Spotify Google and apple podcasts on
demand after the point if you want to
check out that show but I want to know
what you think about the Xbox console
this hybrid this Windows SL Xbox PC box
and I know you can just buy a PC but
think about it Xbox is going to provide
this
pretty performative box for about 600
maybe 700 probably $600 in the US and
you'll get access to millions of games
and I wonder if it will truly get them
to compete in the market and that's what
we really need I want to know what your
opinion is in the comment section and
while you're there as I always say
please be nice
- Generated with https://kome.ai

It’s the combination of having the legacy Xbox library, new MS games, Steam, Playstation, Epic, Ubisoft games plus Gamepass on the same device and UI that makes it an interesting product.

Some fishy things. He talks about GOG too but from my experience that means bad controller support, so ignore that, will need mouse and keyboard and that’s not for the living room. And the 600-700 USD price seems unrealistic. I would go X for doubt on some of the AI talk as well. And we won’t get the full Xbox library with the 360 store closed and I doubt it’ll have a disc player. And as said, going with ARM will complicate things.
Xbox lineup is stacked for the remainder of the year and next year. People that like their Xboxes I think wont be hurting that bad for all of 2025.

reinking

Gold Member
No, that's not what they said.

“What we’re really focused on there is delivering the largest technical leap you will have ever seen in a hardware generation, which makes it better for players and better for creators and the visions that they’re building.”
-Sarah Bond

rockos modern life nicksplat GIF

Top Bottom