• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

GG

I didn't put Billups in the 4 spot, so I don't know what that's all about... Anyways, very close and intense game. It was back and forth from the mid-3rd all the way to the end.

Smokey

ChrisJames said:
GG

I didn't put Billups in the 4 spot, so I don't know what that's all about... Anyways, very close and intense game. It was back and forth from the mid-3rd all the way to the end.

Yeah I didn't think you did, but for whatever reason he was there. I dealt with it pretty good, I just couldn't run man because howard would attempt to guard billups and that was a no no.

Very fun game and believe I'll get ya when it counts:D

that shit is a bug. you have to either play a zone the whole game or change defensive assignments before every possession. it's annoying, but i know they're patching it.

when i played konex he had 4 lamar odoms. WTF?

Jube3

pheeniks said:
that shit is a bug. you have to either play a zone the whole game or change defensive assignments before every possession. it's annoying, but i know they're patching it.

Wow duping players konex? GG cheater! :lol

Smokey

pheeniks said:

It's the first time I ran into it, but it was a huge inconvenience and forced me to run zone the entire game and I was gettin' lit up from behind the arc.

So is the league still advancing tonight?

Malley and I got our game in earlier today, so we're down to 4 matchups (3 if you exclude Zep's game, 2 if you exclude AKA/Jobber). I know Jube and Shawn are shooting for tonight at ~10 EST. Don't know about True.

Anyways, if we advance tonight do you want to play our wk. 3 game Matrix? Otherwise, this weekend is going to be pretty busy, but I could also play Sunday night.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I was hoping a poll was conducted to determine a winner between me and the AKA fellow, but mission failed. The vote could set a new rule in case this happens in other people's games (it happened twice). I will accept the win since it was 10 seconds left, was up by 6 or 7, and had possession. If AKA feels different, then he can have the win. I don't care.

I play the Hawks next and that's what I'm focused on. Remember, I'm not going to be home Sunday- Wednesday.

BTW, what happened to not shaking the camera while shooting free throws?

AkaBalla

jobber said:
If AKA feels different, then he can have the win. I don't care.

I dont want an undeserved win.. I offered for you to take it and i was not going to post a poll for that reason. You should have posted your own poll :lol

As for the camera shaking, it doesnt bother me and i dont even shake it. I think i may have when i was trying to come back at the end but i was home.

I dont know.. What does veryone think about the camera shaking? IMO it doesnt bother me. Were all gonna miss it anyhow..

AkaBalla

Shawn and Jube should be playing tonight..

Smokey can you please hop onto XBL tonight and play your game vs him.. And if anyone goes on XBL and see's Truelize lets give him a hand and leave Smokey on the forums his availability for tonight..

DEADLINE IS @ 11pm EST...

jobber

AkaBalla said:
I dont want an undeserved win.. I offered for you to take it and i was not going to post a poll for that reason. You should have posted your own poll :lol

As for the camera shaking, it doesnt bother me and i dont even shake it. I think i may have when i was trying to come back at the end but i was home.

I dont know.. What does veryone think about the camera shaking? IMO it doesnt bother me. Were all gonna miss it anyhow..

It doesn't bug me if someone does it, but I don't do it since we put that rule in back in 2k5.

I went 3 out 4 shooting FTs at the end of our game when I went 0 for my previous game. Oh the lawl.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Hey my "red ringed" 360 is currently working again. I played a full game of NBA2k8 last night offline and some Eragon and only had 7 lockups. lol. Smokey if you want to try and play our game let me know. I'll have my 360 on all night trying to get it to red ring for life. If thing is going back I can NOT having it work when I get to the store.

Smokey

Wait I'm confused:lol

I played my week 2 game already and that was against dm, and my week 3 game is against wsv771, in fact I'm not supposed to play True until around the middle of the season...unless I'm missing something here?

Or maybe you're talking about running a scrimmage game against me? Need clarification:lol

AkaBalla

Smokey Bones said:
Wait I'm confused:lol

I played my week 2 game already and that was against dm, and my week 3 game is against wsv771, in fact I'm not supposed to play True until around the middle of the season...unless I'm missing something here?

Or maybe you're talking about running a scrimmage game against me? Need clarification:lol

Oh Jeez.. I got you and WSV mixed up due to the GT's..

Ok GCQuinton where u at?

GCQuinton

I'm still here. Last I heard on Truelize he couldn't get his game in because his system died. If that's fixed, we can go tonight.

Fifty

You're probably going to have to find a replacement for Big Zep soon if he doesn't show up. We did that in Madden. I have no idea where he is. He said he had no internet and was borrowing from a friend, so it's likely that just stopped, but it's still odd nonetheless.

GCQuinton

Lost connection with Truelize in the third quarter, so we couldn't finish our game. We're gonna try and get it in this weekend if he gets another system.

Hey Matrix do you want to play our week 3 game tonight or does that not work very well for you?

I'm probably going to watch the end of Game 2 unless the Red Sox run away with it or if you can only play now.

Fifty

Ugh, that was one ugly game, Cold. I mean my team's D is rated 59 so my offense has to carry the load, yet I only scored 58 points! 58! I didn't have much fun at all, and I'm used to losing in sports games (madden) and still having a good time. I really wish I could have lost 101-100. Those types of lockdown games never end up in my favor.

Argh I guess I just don't have a feel for the game yet, and I get too impatient to run offensive sets. Unlike you I can't run the playclock down without my ADD kicking in.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
:lol :lol I winged it in the first 2k season with the wolves. I quickly learned that works for a while but it will kill you. I was doing that in the 3rd, just trying to create a shot and i went dead cold.

They Nerfed Jason Kidd's shooting soooo much this year. I mean rightfully so but shit, atleast hit a few open shots. Fuck

Oh and Fuck Kapono's "your right on my ass and ill still hit a 3 bitch' game

AkaBalla

Sorry guys fell asleep last night.. I'm apologizing since i had 10 different IM"s from all these active people in the league... There are more admins and i think we have 6 total to advance the leagues, accept trades and reset games..

It sucks for Shawn that he is unable to connect with 2 opponets in a row.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Chris,I plan on trying to play my last madden league game with Konex hopefully at 11 pm eastern or sometime around then aslong as my net is working.

If you can play later after that game I can play tonight.

I might be able to play earlier im just not sure yet.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
WHoever I play.. I am going to be home after work around 5 est... and JUBE we got a madden game that we can get in too

Jube3

Malleymal said:
WHoever I play.. I am going to be home after work around 5 est... and JUBE we got a madden game that we can get in too

Wait what we do? I only have 2 games left vs Daws and Demon DJ.

Fifty

Everyone knows what this league was missing before it could finally begin. Fifty making a big dumb trade.

DCX and I made a trade. I'm giving up two of my favorite players.

Toronto gives: Bargnani, Calderon and Dixon

New York gives: Lee, Crawford and Robinson

I was looking for rebounding (not just size), D, a new scorer and a PG that can shoot 3's. I got all of them, but I gave away a ton. We'll see how it turns out..

Someone needs to approve the trade. Aka, it'd be great if you could give me the deceased Big Zep's admin abilities so I can do these kind of things. Thanks.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
Everyone knows what this league was missing before it could finally begin. Fifty making a big dumb trade.

DCX and I made a trade. I'm giving up two of my favorite players.

Toronto gives: Bargnani, Calderon and Dixon

New York gives: Lee, Crawford and Robinson

I was looking for rebounding (not just size), D, a new scorer and a PG that can shoot 3's. I got all of them, but I gave away a ton. We'll see how it turns out..

Someone needs to approve the trade. Aka, it'd be great if you could give me the deceased Big Zep's admin abilities so I can do these kind of things. Thanks.
It would be also nice to give DCX admin rights so i can do some of these things also, k thanks... By the way, as a Knick fan...trading away fan favs like Nate and David are killers, but i'm in this thing to win it, and i need depth on both units to make this happen. Zach, Marbury and Curry can't do it all.

DCX

jobber

new people fuckin suck.

i'm not getting into it

but that shit i just played was ugh.

tell your boy some people don't play on auto-subs.

i'm close to quitting.

.. that close.

edit: no, this isn't from a sore loser either.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
who did you play Jobs? And what type of style did they play? what happened?... why talk shit about someone without explaining anything :\

:lol Hawks 3-0,first time ive ever seen that in league play

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
LOL... i think i know what Job is talking about.... I didnt really get into it because it was preseason and the first time I popped the game in... but yea... hahhahaha... its ok job...

who wants to play tonight,,,, i am Actually home so lets take advantage...

Matrix

Malley,since Jobs wont say anything,spill it dude :D

AkaBalla

AkaBalla said:
There are more admins and i think we have 6 total to advance the leagues, accept trades and reset games..

DCX we dont have to wait for me! There are other admins..

DCX

Trade approved!

Fifty

AkaBalla said:
DCX we dont have to wait for me! There are other admins..

DCX

Trade approved!

The only other admin who's around is Chris James, and he wasn't there. Truelize has no computer and Big Zep is dead.

Matrix

Poor Zep,being dead must suck.

Fifty you played the Hawks,whats up with this dude?

AkaBalla

Fifty said:
The only other admin who's around is Chris James, and he wasn't there. Truelize has no computer and Big Zep is dead.

Konex! (he is always is around), CB 33.... As well..

Oh and i forgot to mention the new admin member FIFTY!

Fifty

I dunno..he played kinda legit against me. I didn't notice his subs, but he did do a hop step with Horford a lot. He stopped after a while, maybe it was because of his lead but he didn't do it so much that it drove me insane. I can't remember anything else he did that seemed questionable.

Top Bottom