• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
well at least my opponant this week is Big Zep so I'm not making anyone wait for me.

Future Shop better not give me a hard time tomorrow when I take this thing back. I went into a store this week just to talk about paying the difference between the Premium and Elite sku's and they tried to tell me my warranty doesn't cover the three red lights and that I would have to send it to Microsoft. Complete morons. What do they figure my extended warranty would cover if it doesn't cover the biggest problem. I'm a little nervous to say the least.

GCQuinton

Truelize said:
well at least my opponant this week is Big Zep so I'm not making anyone wait for me.

Future Shop better not give me a hard time tomorrow when I take this thing back. I went into a store this week just to talk about paying the difference between the Premium and Elite sku's and they tried to tell me my warranty doesn't cover the three red lights and that I would have to send it to Microsoft. Complete morons. What do they figure my extended warranty would cover if it doesn't cover the biggest problem. I'm a little nervous to say the least.

Don't forget our rematch. The Bobcats were getting ready to pull off an upset :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
GCQuinton said:
Don't forget our rematch. The Bobcats were getting ready to pull off an upset :D

dude considering my record in online sports leagues you beating me is not an upset. My team is only rated like 3 points higher than yours. :)

Too bad Gerald Wallace couldn't shoot like that in real life. You made him look amazing.

This game has one of the worst sports game animations I have ever seen. Have any of you gone up for a layup, make contact in the air and then get blocked by the guy you bumped into? I hate that animation. And it doesn't matter who the player is you bump into the block is a guarantee. I had JJ Reddick block Bron twice in one game.

Matrix can you still play tonight?

-just saw your playing Konex right now in Madden. After you're done kicking his ass do you want to play?

--Jobber, I don't understand how you can bitch about someone with the handle "Sniffindrawz". I mean come on... It's funny, it's cool; Who doesn't sniffdrawz, right? [/sarcasm]

Smokey

Truelize said:
dude considering my record in online sports leagues you beating me is not an upset. My team is only rated like 3 points higher than yours. :)

Too bad Gerald Wallace couldn't shoot like that in real life. You made him look amazing.

This game has one of the worst sports game animations I have ever seen. Have any of you gone up for a layup, make contact in the air and then get blocked by the guy you bumped into? I hate that animation. And it doesn't matter who the player is you bump into the block is a guarantee. I had JJ Reddick block Bron twice in one game.

I worked hard w/ JJ in the offseason. Don't be talkin down on my players.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Man these sliders suck,wtf.

That was so disgusting Chris.It wouldnt let either of us make an outside shot.

T-wack 5/22.

GG man.

Yeah, I couldn't hit anything from outside. That's why Sheed had 26 points :lol

The only reason I was able to pull out the W is because I was somehow able to shut down McGrady (or maybe the sliders did...). Very close game; I thought you had me.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG.

You had a hand in shutting down Twack.I'd say it was 50/50,maybe a little more towards the sliders part because I missed a ton of wide open shots.Dude couldnt buy 1 shot in the first half inside or out :\

I could have scored many more points with Yao since you didnt double him,but I would have felt like I was cheesing you and the pts in the paint limit is 50.Yao down low cant be guarded and I had plenty of stamina near the end with him,I just wanted to try to win it by actually making some outside shots....

that backfired and Sheed caught fire inside.

Matrix

No problem,I would have hated if someone had done that to me to win.

Yao is not a dunk machine,yet 2k made him like Shaq in his prime.

AkaBalla

I edited FMT and DM's schedules... Who else needs away or home games?

BTW the sliders should be at a good level for shooting. Its up to 55... Do you guys know what those cell phone bars are about? If they are baby blue i suggest you wait until you get a layup/dunk before you start jacking up 3's or mid shots becuase that means your ice cold.

I could raise the mid sot slider but it wouldn't be fair to the guys who know how to shoot.. its a ll about the animations..

Tip from my perspective.. I use the shot stick with some shooters and the shoot button with others.. i guess it's time to practice with your shooters..

Matrix

Aka I know how to shoot.Chris and I both know how to shoot,players that were hot were missing too.

It was just a bizzare game from the start.Everyone was missing shots on both sides from tipoff and we both had to dunk all game just to get the score semi decent.

Smokey

Matrix said:
Aka I know how to shoot.Chris and I both know how to shoot,players that were hot were missing too.

It was just a bizzare game from the start.Everyone was missing shots on both sides from tipoff and we both had to dunk all game just to get the score semi decent.

I feel ya.

Could it be b/c the league is running on Hall of Fame?

When I played Chris, we played the same 7 min qts but I believe the game was on Superstar and it was fun. People were actually knocking down jumpshots.

Matrix

I'm sure its cause of HOF.

I enjoy the game far more on Superstar aswell,atleast online.

Smokey

Matrix said:
I'm sure its cause of HOF.

I enjoy the game far more on Superstar aswell,atleast online.

But can you change a setting like that once the league is already started??

I'm curious..has anybody else noticed this? Superstar plays like it's supposed to(maybe the 3pt slider could be turned down a notch), while Hall of Fame is frustrating(in other 2Ks it was fine..but seems..different this year).

matrix watup on that trade

Matrix

doh I forgot about the trade,I tried Nelson offline and I liked his shot better.

I accepted the trade.

I dont think you can change the league diff. setting.

Smokey

Matrix said:
doh I forgot about the trade,I tried Nelson offline and I liked his shot better.

I accepted the trade.

I dont think you can change the league diff. setting.

Alright what I'm gonna do then is re-sumbit the trade b/c I think I revoked it and then you just accept and off we go.

EDIT: NVM i guess I left it open and forgot.

Trade worked out nicely. I got a PF so now I have 2 instead of 1, and you got a Center now for a backup to Yao.

Nice doin business w/ ya:D

Matrix

Nice trade :)

wtf at losing connection to Fifty again.I hate 2k!

Nelson was lighting him up :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
My 360 update

I got screwed :(. I bought an extended warranty but because Microsoft has a fix for the 3 red rings the store I bought it from took that as an opportunity to create a loophole and they have told me that because MS can fix it, it is not a system that they deem replaceable. So I'm $80 poorer for buying the warranty and I still get to send my system back to MS.

I might be able to borrow a system from a friend to help me with withdrawal but I'm not counting on it. This is gonna be a really really long month for me. I mean I spend more time chatting on my 360 then I do on AIM or GAF.

Please wait for me. I'll be back soon and ready to play all the games i've missed. If someone is willing to give me another big man in exchange for my excessive amount of guards let me know.

Smokey

Truelize said:
My 360 update

I got screwed :(. I bought an extended warranty but because Microsoft has a fix for the 3 red rings the store I bought it from took that as an opportunity to create a loophole and they have told me that because MS can fix it, it is not a system that they deem replaceable. So I'm $80 poorer for buying the warranty and I still get to send my system back to MS.

I might be able to borrow a system from a friend to help me with withdrawal but I'm not counting on it. This is gonna be a really really long month for me. I mean I spend more time chatting on my 360 then I do on AIM or GAF.

Please wait for me. I'll be back soon and ready to play all the games i've missed. If someone is willing to give me another big man in exchange for my excessive amount of guards let me know.

God that sucks man.

Good game Quinton. The newest additions to the Magic made a very nice impression on me especially Mr. Franchize going for 17 pts and 5 dimes.

AKA did you change any settings? Both me and GC were knocking down shots and at first I thought it was set on superstar but at the end of the game I went and looked and it was HoF. You can look at the box score on the website and look at the shooting % for both teams. It was nice actually having people knock down shots on both sides instead of having to pound the ball inside constantly because your star player can't hit a wide open J.

If you didn't change any settings then wtf this game is so random online:lol

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
Well its definitly the game i didnt touch any settings..

With that said i might just leave the settings as is..:D

wow. so i guess whenever you play you better hope that 2k8 is feeling generous:lol .

i thought for sure you adjusted something.

Matrix

Smokey Bones said:
If you didn't change any settings then wtf this game is so random online:lol

Yea I think this sums it up.

Cloudy

Banned
This FT situation is garbage. I changed the league from HOF to Superstar and tweaked other settings to make up for it. Lemme know your thoughts...

Smokey

Cloudy said:
This FT situation is garbage. I changed the league from HOF to Superstar and tweaked other settings to make up for it. Lemme know your thoughts...

o rly

what did you change..

Smokey

Matrix(Rockets) and Shawn(Suns) I got a trade proposed to both of you. I need a SG and I'm offering Turkoglu who is nice. 6'10 and can shoot the 3, I just need a SG.

Cloudy

Banned
I didn't change anything major, guys. Since the FTs on HOF are so fukked up and there's no FT slider in leagues, I switched it to Superstar. But I bumped down 3s and mid-range shots by 5 pts to compensate. Geez...

If it was a "ghost" tweak, why would I say anything? Anyone want a scrimmage?

Smokey

Cloudy said:
I didn't change anything major, guys. Since the FTs on HOF are so fukked up and there's no FT slider in leagues, I switched it to Superstar. But I bumped down 3s and mid-range shots by 5 pts to compensate. Geez...

If it was a "ghost" tweak, why would I say anything? Anyone want a scrimmage?

:lol sound a bit defensive

Top Bottom