• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Smokey Bones said:
Matrix(Rockets) and Shawn(Suns) I got a trade proposed to both of you. I need a SG and I'm offering Turkoglu who is nice. 6'10 and can shoot the 3, I just need a SG.

Accepted :D

OrlandRockets taking shape!

I <3 JJ and Turko's shooting in the game.

I wont miss Alston.I will miss Wells rebounds and size for the SG position,but T-mac will just move into that slot.

AkaBalla

Cloudy said:
This FT situation is garbage. I changed the league from HOF to Superstar and tweaked other settings to make up for it. Lemme know your thoughts...

WTF? Who are you? *Takes admin rights from kotex*

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX said:
* patiently wait for admin's rights....as i am the only vet without it *

DCX

I dont have rights either.

Smokey

Matrix said:
Accepted :D

OrlandRockets taking shape!

I <3 JJ and Turko's shooting in the game.

I wont miss Alston.I will miss Wells rebounds and size for the SG position,but T-mac will just move to into that slot.

Well that was quick!

I'll miss Turk and J.J but I'll be ok I needed a bigger SG.

:lol @ OrlandRockets

I know you won't miss Alston, it said you hadn't even used him so I figured you'd let him go. He's a nice upgrade at backup PG though and can shoot the 3.

I need to make 1 or two more deals and I should be set. I'll probably be lookin to move Arroyo and somebody else in a few.

All I know is the week 5 game between the Rockets and Magic will be interesting!:D

But first I got to take care of this sniffindrawz character. Both 3-0. One shall lose..and it ain't gonna be me.

EDIT: Matrix did you accept the trade through the game or were you just lettin me know you'll accept it? That's weird. It says you accepted yet the game hasn't actually swapped players..

Matrix

I accepted the trade on the website.

An admin. has to approve the trade for it to officially go through.

AkaBalla

Trade approved.. What were you thinking getting rid of both your sharp shooters for Skip to my Lou and Bonzi child? Good luck

Matrix

Accepted,man my team is morphing quickly.

I've become Fifty.

Smokey

AkaBalla said:
Trade approved.. What were you thinking getting rid of both your sharp shooters for Skip to my Lou and Bonzi child? Good luck

I'm not to concerned about JJ, but Turk is a nice player. I've transformed the Magic from having low 70's and high 60's starters besides Lewis and Howard, to having pretty much my entire starting lineup rated in the 80's which is an upgrade.

I've managed to get an explosive PG in Francis, a solid backup in rafer, I've gained a PF who isn't great but is one more than I've had in the beginning of the season when I had to constantly shuffle players around because of it. Wells is solid at the 2 and I believe is also a pretty good defender in the game.

I've still players who can knock down the 3: Francis, Alston, Bogans, Lewis, Garrity and even then if you look at my stats my game isn't really about chuckin' 3s up.

I got this and so far my moves haven't failed me.

EDIT: Anyone want to run a scrimmage tonite?? I want to test my players out.

DCX

DCX
Smokey Bones said:
I'm not to concerned about JJ, but Turk is a nice player. I've transformed the Magic from having low 70's and high 60's starters besides Lewis and Howard, to having pretty much my entire starting lineup rated in the 80's which is an upgrade.

I've managed to get an explosive PG in Francis, a solid backup in rafer, I've gained a PF who isn't great but is one more than I've had in the beginning of the season when I had to constantly shuffle players around because of it. Wells is solid at the 2 and I believe is also a pretty good defender in the game.

I've still players who can knock down the 3: Francis, Alston, Bogans, Lewis, Garrity and even then if you look at my stats my game isn't really about chuckin' 3s up.

I got this and so far my moves haven't failed me.

EDIT: Anyone want to run a scrimmage tonite?? I want to test my players out.
I'll run. Let me know when.

DCX

AkaBalla

Cloudy said:
Whatever...

195370~Valley-Girl-Posters.jpg

AkaBalla

FMT and Widgetraf whats the deal fellas?

Were waiting on you! If you gusy arent going to play tonight i will advance the week and put it back tomorrow..

Hey AKA, if you do decide to move on to the next week tonight I can probably play after the World Series game.

Also, if anyone is looking for a big man (Mohammed (C), McDyess (PF), or Johnson (PF)) and/or a strong SG (Rodney Stuckey or Flip Murray), I would be willing to trade for a good 3 pt. shooting SG.

I've had enough!!! I'm out this league now guys!

This is my 3rd game where I've had connection issues of out four games. Out of all my other online games, this is the only one where the issues persist if I'm on a router or a direct modem scenario. I tried to give it a chance to straighten out but I'm tired of spending my valuable gaming time trying to get this shit to work.

Fuck you 2K Sports, this is the last time I'm buying one of your bug ridden, unoptimized, incomplete games!

Peace...

I've had maybe one connection issue with 2k8. Perhaps you should look at yourself (connection-wise) before pointing the finger at 2k. Yes, their games tend to be buggy, but I'll be damned if NBA 2k8 isn't one of the best sports games (possibly) ever. I know the majority of you will probably disagree, but that's my belief...

widgetraf

AkaBalla said:
FMT and Widgetraf whats the deal fellas?

Were waiting on you! If you gusy arent going to play tonight i will advance the week and put it back tomorrow..

Sorry, been really busy the past few days. I'm still working right now (10:44PM) and will probably be done by 11:30. I'm down to play if FMT is okay with it tonight.

Smokey

Shawnwhann said:
I've had enough!!! I'm out this league now guys!

This is my 3rd game where I've had connection issues of out four games. Out of all my other online games, this is the only one where the issues persist if I'm on a router or a direct modem scenario. I tried to give it a chance to straighten out but I'm tired of spending my valuable gaming time trying to get this shit to work.

Fuck you 2K Sports, this is the last time I'm buying one of your bug ridden, unoptimized, incomplete games!

I've had zero connection problems since I got this game at launch.

ChrisJames said:
Peace...

I've had maybe one connection issues with 2k8. Perhaps you should look at yourself (connection-wise) before pointing the finger at 2k. Yes, their games tend to be buggy, but I'll be damned if NBA 2k8 isn't one of the best sports games (possibly) ever. I know the majority of you will probably disagree, but that's my belief...

Here comes the 2K defense force.... if it were just the network issues I could potentially deal. But I've already detailed why I feel this game is a step back for the series for several reasons.

There is nothing wrong with my high speed connection. Jube and Malley can attest to the things I've tried to see if things would work. I was able to get in a game vs Pheeniks, and Fifty and I got through a quarter befor the dreaded network error message came up. Also like I said, I play a wide variety of other online games and I've never had this level of connectivity issues before.

Fact of the matter is that I have two losses on my record from games I could not play. Instead of blindly defending 2K, try and look at it from my side. How would you feel if you couldn't play your games, and you got a loss because the season had to move along. This happened twice to me, and it would have potentially happened again with 50. And I dont like seeing losses on my name that are bullshit. Despite the flaws with the game, I've become really good at it and I was looking forward to doing something in this league. So yeah this isn't some pissed off post game rant, it is simply realizing I cant go through a whole season wondering if I can play.....

haven't seen wide on since the week advanced, not sure what i can do about that.

i'll be home at 11:30 pm (im home now!)

ill probably be online for about another hour, so hit me up on AIM if you get home.

my AIM = whossorrynow015

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
haven't seen wide on since the week advanced, not sure what i can do about that.

i'll be home at 11:30 pm (im home now!)

ill probably be online for about another hour, so hit me up on AIM if you get home.

my AIM = whossorrynow015

slackers!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i advanced the week since the dude FMT was suppose to play has disappeared and thats our only game left.

Proceed to play your games!

POWER STRUGGLE!

I moved it back to week 3 because I think Widget and FMT are still going to play tonight...

-and Konex, you're not 3-0. You've only played 2 games.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ChrisJames said:
POWER STRUGGLE!

I moved it back to week 3 because I think Widget and FMT are still going to play tonight...

-and Konex, you're not 3-0. You've only played 2 games.

Fuck that he never showed up and fmt is waiting to play me.

Top Bottom