• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 360 NBA 2k8 league Season 3: Mission Season Four!

DCX

DCX
oldschoolpinball said:
that game was beyond the most bizzare one I have ever played in...my team was red hot then ice cold:lol
It was indeed weird. I mean, it was a battle of 15 pt runs. And we took turns...at one point you had 40 pts in the paint, and you had 50 overall points!! All layups! You tired my team out like i couldn't believe. Zach and Curry were dying out there! :lol :lol

DCX

Zep

Banned
Okay...I had some prior arrangements and now im good to play some games!

Right Now/Tonight anytime.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
widgetraf said:
Hey Jobber, can you play Tuesday afternoon around 5 Pacific?

you going to man up?

i'll be in the lobby til 8:15....

then if you don't show I'll call your bluff then proceed to watch Spurs/Missiles

Fifty

I'm going to the Raptors game tomorrow..so probably any time starting at 11:15 pm all the way till 1 eastern

If you change your mind and can play tonight send me a PM. It's always easier to play current week games, but I understand you need to play Zep

jobber

Smokey Bones said:
Week 6 yet 4 games weren't played in week 5??

What's going on, I was told this league was pretty solid..

241p5c9.gif

AkaBalla

Smokey Bones said:
Week 6 yet 4 games weren't played in week 5??

What's going on, I was told this league was pretty solid..

It is but when you get clowns like Jobber who refuse to play new guys it will ruin everything.... I dont wait for people, sim wins awarded to the people who tried there best to get games in.. I cannot hold off on deadlines when others arent even trying or refusing to get games in...

GCQuinton

AkaBalla said:
It is but when you get clowns like Jobber who refuse to play new guys it will ruin everything.... I dont wait for people, sim wins awarded to the people who tried there best to get games in.. I cannot hold off on deadlines when others arent even trying or refusing to get games in...

So how does that work with my game against Truelize that got disconnected? I was winning the game before that and still got the loss, not to mention not being able to find him for a rematch.

AkaBalla

GCQuinton said:
So how does that work with my game against Truelize that got disconnected? I was winning the game before that and still got the loss, not to mention not being able to find him for a rematch.

Coin flips awarded for games that i have no clue about.. But if someone is trying to get a game in on the forums and no one responds = no coin flip..

Damn... this league is not doing as well as I had hoped, but I still have faith that it will return to form. It's just really shitty that there are so many simmed games. Maybe we can go back and have these games played sometime before the end of the regular season. I know you're against it AKA, but it might be a good idea in order to have the best/most deserving teams in the playoffs.

Pheeniks, I can play tonight if you'll be around.

Smokey

AkaBalla said:

does jobber feel as if he's too good to play new players or something??

i understand we all have lives, but this is one thing i was worried about when i signed up for it.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
GCQuinton said:

I reset our game moments after that happened man. I don't know how you are still seeing a loss. We will rematch regardless as soon as i have a working xbox. Don't you worry.

Fifty

GG GCQuinton. I'm glad you hit those 2 FTs at the end. With how hard FTs are in this game, intentionally fouling someone and watching them brick everything isn't realistic.

I have one thing to point out. You might have noticed it. I'm not sure if it was a glitch or something you did, but your SF and PG were matched up against my bigs for a good portion of the game. I didn't notice it much in the 4th, but it made man D in the middle of the game very weird to play. I would press up on the D pad to change loose/tight coverage and see Carroll on Rasho. Pretty weird indeed.

GCQuinton

Fifty said:
GG GCQuinton. I'm glad you hit those 2 FTs at the end. With how hard FTs are in this game, intentionally fouling someone and watching them brick everything isn't realistic.

I have one thing to point out. You might have noticed it. I'm not sure if it was a glitch or something you did, but your SF and PG were matched up against my bigs for a good portion of the game. I didn't notice it much in the 4th, but it made man D in the middle of the game very weird to play. I would press up on the D pad to change loose/tight coverage and see Carroll on Rasho. Pretty weird indeed.

GG Fifty. For the most part, I try to keep all of my players at their positions so if that did happen it was unintentional.

Kinda crazy how I thought I was going over the 50 points in the paint limit, only to check it post-game and see I had 28. Definitely could have took more chances knowing that :lol

Smokey

I have figured out the art to shooting FT's in this game. I went 13/14 in my game against Matrix and I didn't miss any at all when I played online Sunday.

I would like to share but I keep thinking maybe I shouldn't:lol

Fifty said:

It is a glitch. It happened when I scrimmaged against the Pistons. It's a bitch, and you're forced to constantly switch to zone otherwise your big will attempt to guard a guard.

I just played a game with Chris that was good and close, but god it was weird.

1) I saw that there was about a 2 second differential so I thought well, I'll try and double team him and force him into a quick shot and hope he misses, but I accidentally hit back and fouled you...so I HAD to send you to the line, which I hate doing, especially online.

2) Wade was 3/3 from three and I thought I was down by 3 points at the end, which is why I took that 3...and somehow it went in, WTF?

GG man, but you should've had it.

jobber

Smokey Bones said:
does jobber feel as if he's too good to play new players or something??

i understand we all have lives, but this is one thing i was worried about when i signed up for it.

sniffinpaint had to ruin my opinion. Skipping timeouts and the breaks between quarters when I'm trying to sub is dumb. In the 3rd, I had to call time 2 timeouts back to back just to sub players in and I had to foul at the end of the game to take some players out. I could understand if it wasn't explained, but it's on the "rule" list.

Also passing the ball every time I switch defenders to play manual D didn't go over well either. He would go up for easy shots in the paint before I could turn that stupid lock on D.

AkaBalla

jobber said:
sniffinpaint had to ruin my opinion. Skipping timeouts and the breaks between quarters when I'm trying to sub is dumb. In the 3rd, I had to call time 2 timeouts back to back just to sub players in and I had to foul at the end of the game to take some players out. I could understand if it wasn't explained, but it's on the "rule" list.

Yes Jobber is correct that is a rule. When someone calls a timeout you need to allow the timeout to end automatically. NO RAPIDLY PRESSING THEBUTTONS TO GET OUT OF THE TIMEOUT ANIMATION.

Also passing the ball every time I switch defenders to play manual D didn't go over well either. He would go up for easy shots in the paint before I could turn that stupid lock on D

Well the PIP would help address that a little bit... I really cant enforce allowing defenses to D lock on Defense before shooting. Thats something we need to learn ourselves on ways to stop that.

Smokey

jobber said:
Also passing the ball every time I switch defenders to play manual D didn't go over well either. He would go up for easy shots in the paint before I could turn that stupid lock on D.

I didn't see the game so I dunno, but it sounds like you wanted him to wait on you to switch players everytime he passed the ball. There were ways to get around that. You could've let the computer stay on him if you felt that he was switching too fast, you could've called a zone and stayed on one guy but at the same time playing his part in the zone.

It sounds like to me you could've at least attempted to make some coaching adjustments, but I'm just going by what you said.

So what if you're guarding Francis, and I pass to Lewis but quickly see howard open and I pass to him for a dunk. Are you going to get mad at me because I didn't wait for you to lock on to my defender(which you don't even have to do, you can just stay in front)??

If so that's lame.

DCX

DCX
What's going on with Zep for real? We was supposed to play yesterday afternoon and last said " give me 7 mins " it's been 1620 minutes and still waiting.

DCX

jobber

Smokey Bones said:
I didn't see the game so I dunno, but it sounds like you wanted him to wait on you to switch players everytime he passed the ball. There were ways to get around that. You could've let the computer stay on him if you felt that he was switching too fast, you could've called a zone and stayed on one guy but at the same time playing his part in the zone.

It sounds like to me you could've at least attempted to make some coaching adjustments, but I'm just going by what you said.

So what if you're guarding Francis, and I pass to Lewis but quickly see howard open and I pass to him for a dunk. Are you going to get mad at me because I didn't wait for you to lock on to my defender(which you don't even have to do, you can just stay in front)??

If so that's lame.

no.

it's not like that

DCX said:
What's going on with Zep for real? We was supposed to play yesterday afternoon and last said " give me 7 mins " it's been 1620 minutes and still waiting.

DCX
7 minutes is slang for 7 weeks

DCX

DCX
I'm going on a little vaction and will be away until Monday. Zep, if you are around, i can play tonight.

DCX

AkaBalla

Status of these games?

Denver @ New York - Zep is MIA again i may replace him once Juan returns

Utah @ Cleveland - Truelize is out of commision due to his 360

Washington @ Chicago

Phoenix @ Atlanta

Houston @ LA Clippers

San Antonio @ Orlando - Jobber you going to play a new jack? If not let me know so i can give you the L :lol

REMINDER DEADLINE IS SATURDAY @ 11PM EST!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm free now if you want to play.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.

Matrix

GG Widge.

Turko went nutty in the 3rd,that was the turning point of the game.

Top Bottom