• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
nothing sexual. don't worry.
Dude, a mexican DJ named Wellie and you are far from my thoughts at all, let alone the sexual spectrum of my sub conscious.

I do find it weird you had to defend yourself though :/

DCX

daw840

Wellington said:
Soooo yeah did we advance yet!? :|

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, the Vikings and Chargers main event has been postponed until this evening. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and present this picture as a thank you for your continued patience.

nasty_tooth_fairy.png

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Soooo yeah did we advance yet!? :|
It's going to be a long week :( I'm excited to see what week 2 brings as i have an important matchup against the Saints. I have made some moves that should help me with the WRs.

Tank's second game, lets see how he fares against this Saint's defense. How will White and Moss fare against this pass D? Only time can tell. If the Falcons win it makes us 2-0 and 2-0 in division which is huge especially with DM losing week 1 and obviously the Panthers losing 0-1 divsion.

Saints VS Cards is a tough game, i think the teams mirror each other except for one player, Wells. Should be a good one.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
It's going to be a long week :( I'm excited to see what week 2 brings as i have an important matchup against the Saints. I have mad some moves that should help me with the WRs.

Tank's second game, lets see how he fares against this Saint's defense. How will White and Moss fare against this pass D? Only time can tell. If the Falcons win it makes us 2-0 and 2-0 in division which is huge especially with DM losing week 1 and obviously the Panthers losing 0-1 divsion.

Saints VS Cards is a tough game, i think the teams mirror each other except for one player, Wells. Should be a good one.

DCX
Cards have a much better secondary. We'll see!

LJ11

Nightz said:
Do you guys know how the game determines who to put in at special teams?

Your gunners are nickel and dime backs I think.

Edit: I also think your back up MLB/OLB/FS are on KR, as well as your 4th/5th WR.

Nightz

Yeah my issue is that it decides to put in a couple of my defensive starters in kickoff coverage (usually a safety and a linebacker), so when they go out on defense the next play, they're already a bit tired. =\

AirBrian

Fifty said:
I'm just curious what could keep Airbrian from at least notifying someone that he's going to be away, and asking for a fill-in. Astrolad did his draft on a plane, yet AB can't log on with any computer and write a one line message? Unless he's in the hospital or prison, it's annoying.
Not all of us fly first class and have the option to buy the Internets!

LJ11

Yeah, I think my starting SS is always in on KR, and so is my OLB but that may be because he's second on the depth chart at the LOLB position, or maybe starting SS/ROLB are on KR by default.

Nightz

LJ11 said:
Yeah, I think my starting SS is always in on KR, and so is my OLB but that may be because he's second on the depth chart at the LOLB position, or maybe starting SS/ROLB are on KR by default.
That may be it. Those are the exact two positions that are put in for me as well.

AirBrian said:
I'm not dead.
Welcome back!

bluemax

Banned
Dm has two of the top receiving performances for week 1! Both over 100 yards and neither is a TE or FB! My world is shattered.

bluemax

Banned
LJ11 said:
Yeah Leroy Hill is always in on my Kick off team. Annoys the hell out of me.

AirBrian

Thanks, guys. And for the record, FMT knew I was going to be out until Jan 4th. So technically I was only MIA for like 3 days. Anyhow, sorry about that!

I think it just threw everyone off because I played the Week 17 game during the 2 days I was in town before leaving again.

Also, FMT, LA is awesome! Well, I was in Laguna Hills, but still, spent some time in LA. Went to Vanguard in Hollywood for New Year's Eve. F'n awesome good time.

LiveWire

OK this idea of broadcasting games in HD has piqued my interest. I recall smokey or maybe bluemax or birdman mentioning that they had bought an HD capture card recently (I think it was for other purposes). Can they or anyone advise on a good card to get, and how you use it to broadcast (I'm guessing Ustream and other similar sites don't support capture cards, but I could be wrong)?

Thanks in advance.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
LiveWire said:
OK this idea of broadcasting games in HD has piqued my interest. I recall smokey or maybe bluemax or birdman mentioning that they had bought an HD capture card recently (I think it was for other purposes). Can they or anyone advise on a good card to get, and how you use it to broadcast (I'm guessing Ustream and other similar sites don't support capture cards, but I could be wrong)?

Thanks in advance.

This is a good tutorial - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTWcDMjwlmQ

You can use the stream from the capture device to broadcast to Ustream or another site.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yay, Airbrian lives!

Ror, I'm hoping to be able to play sometime after 6 pm CST, even though the idiotic fan in me is saying "be at the airport to welcome the team home" but...it's cold, and that feels a little bit too much.

Smokey

LiveWire said:

Thanks in advance.

I don't have it yet, but the Hauppauge HD PVR is what I'm looking to get.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html

There are quite a few tutorials on youtube to get it working as well. I'm just waiting on some funds!

Fifty

Airbrian and I are playing on Sunday. Monday at the latest. FMT said the deadline was an extended one (wednesday), so stay calm. Anyway, our game is just one of 7 still unplayed.

LiveWire

Awesome, thanks dskillz. Would I need to get that exact box or would the Hauppage PCI HDTV Tuner Card do the same thing?

Yea, the HD PVR out of stock from a couple places including Dell which I was going to use my account to buy it.

Smokey

LiveWire said:
Awesome, thanks dskillz. Would I need to get that exact box or would the Hauppage PCI HDTV Tuner Card do the same thing?

Yea, the HD PVR out of stock from a couple places including Dell which I was going to use my account to buy it.

You don't need a tuner, the box does everything. It connects to your PC via USB.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
LiveWire said:

I don't think the Tuner Card would get it done. I could be wrong, but it seems the HD PVR is the only thing that would work.

Top Bottom