• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:
How about using this time that you're posting to play the game? Unless you're at work, which in that case, work.

:lol :lol

One day someone is going to get fired cause of this league drama.

DCX

DCX
Lonestar said:
Nahh, I think I know of a couple others feeling the same.

Let me go ask Bog, see how he feels.
I had a winning season year one and even a playoff win, second year i went 8-8 with a team in transition, this year i feel i'm comfortable with my team. My point is i never felt like playing madden in this league is a job, if you guys do then maybe it's time for YOU guys to retire and allow the new blood to fill in.

I rather that didn't happen as new blood would probably equal more "rulez" BS, but hey, it's your choice to play or not in this league.

DCX

Mrbob

Haha Smokey and Kado I kid because I love!

My job allows me to pop in from time to time.

I need to hit the talked about average of people spending over 50 percent of their work time online. That is my goal. Right now its hovering around 10 percent, but I'm working on it.

Or heck, office space where you do 15 minutes of actual work the entire day. I think I might take out my old xbox office space style.

LukeSmith

Everyone should just calm down. Bob isn't getting booted, Pheenix isn't getting booted. Everyone is busy with real life, kids, jobs, school (some of you, all of those things probably apply) - and the league is still moving on at a solid clip.

Mrbob

Well, at least FMT doesn't have to make that post now!

Lonestar, I hear ya too on the starting to get burned out issue. I'm not at that point yet, but I'm getting there with the constant movement. Perhaps we can address the issue Brett Favre style in the offseason whether or not some teams want to continue.

Mrbob

What is with all the 500 errors lately? I thought NPD was last week?

I will also use this post as a PSA to tell you to pick up Bayonetta. I think the PS3 version sucks, so get it on 360 but I don't think this will be a problem since we are in a 360 madden league. If you enjoy action games like Ninja Gaiden, God of War, Devil May Cry you'll love this game. The combat is exceptional and the storyline is so absurd it actually turns out great. Plus the main character is voiced with a sexy british female accent. This alone makes the game worth buying!

AirBrian

Minor setback in the Titans-Panthers game. Connection issues that couldn't get resolved. We're going to try again tomorrow at the same time.

I blame bob!

Birdman02

Matrix said:
I'm tired of losing, that's about it.

And I expect to lose tonight *sigh*

You won't lose. Nothing is going my way this season, so I expect you to take this game by at least 14 points. I should be good to go in about 30 minutes.

LukeSmith

Birdman02 said:
You won't lose. Nothing is going my way this season, so I expect you to take this game by at least 14 points. I should be good to go in about 30 minutes.

Will Coach Birdman continue with the Chad Henne experiment? Or pull a Titans 2009 and put Garrard in the helm VY-style?

Stay tuned!

Mrbob

Checking out steam, 4 pack is now out for Bioshock 2. Also get four copies of the original Bioshock as well that can be gifted. All for 134.97 or 33.75 a copy. I know Denog will want to be in for a copy, who else wants in? Need two more.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8859/

Enjoy paying 60 bucks a copy on 360 suckers! :D

BigAT

It's already $44 (essentially) on Amazon for the 360 edition and I don't have to worry about my incredibly mediocre computer not running it well.

Hey guys,
Just wanted to make sure everyone was squared away here. We figured out the issue on Friday and needed 36 hours for the fix to be fully put into place. Seems like things are good, but just want to put up a note and see if anyone was having this issue.

This won't be an issue for 360 because we got it fixed quite quickly.

Ronnie2k

patch drops in the next 72 hours for 360. i need my damn 2k fix dammit. let's make league happen. :(

let me know if you're down.

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
Will Coach Birdman continue with the Chad Henne experiment? Or pull a Titans 2009 and put Garrard in the helm VY-style?

Stay tuned!

Henne's actually been pretty good, but maybe I just need some Garrard magic to turn this thing around. We'll see what happens against Matrix!

Matrix, let's do this!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Birdman02 said:

lol you will beat me

I'm ready when you are

I love how you guys are talking shit about my game even though I have as many wins (2) as half the fucking league and I've only had one really bad loss. so fuck you DCX and your "top 3" pick that you think you're getting from the moss trade cause it won't happen

lucky ass eagles. mcnabbs scrambling + cb's slot cheese = loss :(

oh and alex smith fucking sucks dick in this game (not in real life). motherfucker overthrows everything or underthrows it. shaun hill isn't much better. come back to me english!

Matrix

GG Birdman... I should have gone for it on 4th and 4 in OT on my 48 with the way my D was playing, I just wasn't sure if that would have pissed you off.

Seriously wtf is wrong with my pass defense. These fuckers can't tackle for fucking shit or cover anyone.

Now I have lost Okoye for 4 weeks and my D-line play takes a hit as well.

Against fifty I pick him off 5 times and still give up 40 plus points and this game I can't get one turnover and give up 51 points :lol

oh and Rors, Henne is a god against the Texans, tore me up for 5 tds. Hell I sacked him and Okoye got hurt and is out.

Birdman02

GG Matrix. That's the absolute worst defensive performance from both teams that I've seen in a long time.

He had something like 350 yards rushing and 5 TDs, and I was pushing 350 passing with 5 TDs. I don't remember any turnovers either. What a ridiculous game. Jags get their 1st win of the season 51-45.

matrix said:
GG Birdman... I should have gone for it on 4th and 4 in OT on my 48 with the way my D was playing, I just wasn't sure if that would have pissed you off.

Seriously wtf is wrong with my pass defense. These fuckers can't tackle for fucking shit or cover anyone.

Now I have lost Okoye for 4 weeks and my D-line play takes a hit as well.

I was honestly expecting you to go for it on that 4th down, so it would have been fine. Sorry that you had to worry about causing drama. I like how Okoye got hurt by sacking Henne.

Rorschach said:
Bird: if Henne doesn't work out, gimme a holler!

Henne is the new hotness. ~700 yds, 8 TDs and 0 INTs in my last 2 games.

Birdman02 said:
I was honestly expecting you to go for it on that 4th down, so it would have been fine. Sorry that you had to worry about causing drama. I like how Okoye got hurt by sacking Henne.

Henne is the new hotness. ~700 yds, 8 TDs and 0 INTs in my last 2 games.

who do you have to thank for this

Matrix

Yea well the teams with already shitty secondary's are being exposed even more all the sudden. I can't remember the last time I gave up back to back games of over 40 pts and also scored over 40 points myself.

Mrbob

I hope EA switches the slide button to a non pass button next season. :lol

I'm in scoring position during the game, I roll out. I'm past the line so I hit x to slide and cutler LOBS the ball in the middle of the field for an INT. To add insult to injury, the game gives me a flag for an illegal forward pass. WELL NO SHIT I tried to slide. :lol Cost me points too.

Rorschach said:
Pheeniks, you can still play. You're just gonna get your ass handed to you.

FMT said it was ok if I put up 100 on you.

ya

I dare you to try bitch

and you 3 don't be mad about monopoly. getting straight up bitched by me isn't bad

Rorschach

ph33nix said:
I dare you to try bitch

and you 3 don't be mad about monopoly. getting straight up bitched by me isn't bad
I can't do it because everyone would be pissed, but tell you what. I'll put up 45-50 at half time and we'll call it even.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
... I really can't understand the people getting tired of the game, what is boring you about it? I swear I learn a new trick everyday either by experimenting or talking to other league members. I really like the team that I have built through the F/A draft and rookie draft, it's geared to do exactly what I want. I couldn't do the things I do now with the standard Giants roster.

Further, trying out new systems on O and D - trying out new personnel combinations... it's amazing some of the things you can do with a little creativity.

Yeah the game isn't perfect but it's miles ahead of last year's disaster and the team building functionality through the OF is really addicting. Like I've said before I wish I had taken a worse team to build up.

I could definitely play this game for another 3 seasons if not more.

Rorschach said:
Pat White out to prove himself over Henne. Look what you've done!!

i gave you the better madden player! i'm already losing sleep trying to deal with the speed of pat white!

i should trade for ike taylor's thuggery

DMczaf

When Madden gets full Online Franchise features, Wellie will become

SouthParkWoWLoser.jpg

Ramirez

Wellington said:
... I really can't understand the people getting tired of the game, what is boring you about it? I swear I learn a new trick everyday either by experimenting or talking to other league members. I really like the team that I have built through the F/A draft and rookie draft, it's geared to do exactly what I want. I couldn't do the things I do now with the standard Giants roster.

Further, trying out new systems on O and D - trying out new personnel combinations... it's amazing some of the things you can do with a little creativity.

Yeah the game isn't perfect but it's miles ahead of last year's disaster and the team building functionality through the OF is really addicting. Like I've said before I wish I had taken a worse team to build up.

I could definitely play this game for another 3 seasons if not more.

The games get more and more predictable each season, that's my main beef with it. I still can't help but feel that most of the games are predetermined, or at the very least skewed towards one of the teams getting all of the lucky breaks. Just makes no sense that in most games, there is one team that can't be tackled, or one team that can't catch and INT to save their lives.

Top Bottom