• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

LiveWire

CB3 said:
Donovan just went old school.

Brooks is a king. You all are suckers for passing on him. Busted in 2 TD's today

Pfft, whatever, you needed a lucky punt return TD and 68-year-old McNabb scrambling for 100 yards to win. Enjoy it while it lasts! Can't wait till you're stuck with Kolb in Madden 11! :lol

Somnia

GG FMT...crazy game but GG none the less! My defense caused 5 FF thank god. Though the fact Brooking caused one and then you made him fumble again right away was just :lol

That last fumble though I will admit you clearly jumped on the ball with no one around..AND you were beating me on the damn mini-game...so no fucking idea!

Glad my offense showed up finally this game and my defense held its ground, unlike my special teams.

DMczaf

Another season of this, FMT?

Hang it up

Emmitt%20Smith%20Cardinals-thumb-195x262.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
God damnit FMT you lost. Why are you so worthless. Your the LT of the madden league right now. go sit your ass on the bench

Somnia said:
GG FMT...crazy game but GG none the less! My defense caused 5 FF thank god. Though the fact Brooking caused one and then you made him fumble again right away was just :lol

That last fumble though I will admit you clearly jumped on the ball with no one around..AND you were beating me on the damn mini-game...so no fucking idea!

Glad my offense showed up finally this game and my defense held its ground, unlike my special teams.

yeah gg.

just fucking ridiculous. my guys dropping easy passes (why does crabtree have a 99 catch if he's going to drop balls), my defense not making plays in their zone (come on your fucking 3rd string TE, i have 3 guys there and no one can look at the ball?), and of course the "pittsburgh steeler" defense (free fumbles everyone!).

also, on that last fumble, not only did i clearly recover with NO ONE near me, not only did i win the minigame, but after the recovery collinsworth says "it's not often that a WR or RB can beat a lb for that loose ball but he did there!" and i was the wr :(

i think there's some kind of glitch in the game in that regard, i dont know.

that game was just frustrating to me. not really because i didn't make many stops on defense but the fumbles are just ridiculous. and then of course i crush your guys and what happens? no fumbling!

Nightz

GG Striker. Our games always end up as low-scoring defensive struggles (my defense was definitely struggling when you had the ball for 9:57 in the 3rd :lol ). It was frustrating not being able to stop you on 3rd down. Thankfully I was able to hold you to a FG on that drive.

Michael Johnson is really coming on this season. For a DE, he always seems to be in the right position to pick off short passes. I think him being 6'7" helps too!

Striker

The Browns kryptonite has to be Donald Brown and Michael Johnson's 9'5" inch frame. Ugh.

GG Nightz. I probably should have ran with Mack and Davis more, but after Mack's early fumble, I was getting over-cautious.

That game was weird. I felt like I was in it and bit by bit I'd grind something, have to punt, and then get a fucking big ass play. I was like no way am I going to let McFadden beat me...and I made Pat White look like an actual nfl quarterback. I felt like I had a decent running game but I had to shut that down early :(

fuck my life

DCX

DCX
ph33nix said:
That game was weird. I felt like I was in it and bit by bit I'd grind something, have to punt, and then get a fucking big ass play. I was like no way am I going to let McFadden beat me...and I made Pat White look like an actual nfl quarterback. I felt like I had a decent running game but I had to shut that down early :(

fuck my life
one game closer to a top 5 pick ;)

DCX

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wow, a 7 point loss is a blow out now? o_O i've been blown out twice this season then!

and yes, i did say that i fumble constantly against you. but i don't chalk this up to the game pre-determining that i'm going to lose. i chalk it up to polamalu and clark being ridiculous in this hit power department.

i also lost to the rams last year AT HOME in a game which it seemed like i was getting all the breaks early, but didn't put the game away because i got greedy.

and if that's not your point, then what is? you originally said the games get more predictable each season, and i said that isn't true.

:lol

Christ man, did we not scrimmage 2-3 times aside from our league game?

I'm done talking to you, it's really pointless.

Madden is perfection on disc form, Jesus himself delivered it to us.

Smokey

ph33nix said:

fuck my life

you fail

this was a career defining game pheeniks

ps- the heat lost by 40+ to the bobcats lolol

Striker

Nightz said:
I've matched my win total from last season! :lol

With that said, I'm probably gonna lose the next 10 games.
That Michael Johnson pick was my fault, ugh. I saw my WR cut in where he was suppose to, but I then saw your CB follow in his zone. I double tapped the trigger out of hesitation and that ended up a bad result. :(

I also matched my wins from last season. :lol :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dm, I'm around if you want to rape my secondary.

LJ11

DenogginizerOS said:
GG, LJ.

no words. *smh*

Good game dude, you had me on the ropes early with the run game, you kind of went away from it and I crawled back in on that long Lynch run.

I miss Maybin off the edge, but it's good to have a LT. O'Hara is major boost too, and thank god I didn't trade that RT to DCX, or rather DCX couldn't wait until after my first game to make the trade so I had no one to trade him to. Surprisingly solid so far.

daw840

Lonestar said:
I know..

That's a deal worth Brady for sure.

Then from the PMs:

daw840 said:
Lonestar said:
daw840 said:
Lonestar said:
daw840 said:
Thoughts on that trade?
No and NO

Er....alright then

That was coming off a shitty game with LJ.

Seriously, I'm not that interested in a 35 year old LG. He'd have to go to RG, and while that's good, not sure him and some picks are quite worth Brady.

That enough explanation?

Could probably give you Kyle Orton for a 3rd Rounder. Not much power on the arm, but it's at least accurate.

I'm really not that interested in another mediocre QB that is going to piss me off just as much as JRuss.

I don't quite understand why you would post that this sounded like a good trade for Brady if you had no intention of actually following through and instead just responding with that snarky bullshit. Him being 35 years old should not matter. Do you really think this league is going to get 2-3 more seasons in?

You know, I usually try to be very nice to the people in this league and I generally like everyone who participates. It's shit like this that fucking pisses me off though. Lonestar posts that the trade I proposed to BigAT (granted I pretty much knew he wasn't going to move ARog) saying that it's worth a Brady trade. Then when I inquire further about the move all I get is a one word (repeated, capitalized, and underlined) response. It's not like I asked you to trade Brady for JRuss straight up or some shit. I was fucking responding to a post YOU MADE. No one forced you to reply to a post that was NOT DIRECTED AT YOU, you fucking initiated the conversation NOT ME. So, thanks for being an asshole.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Five games done already, any chance we advance TOMORROW!?!?

It will take a few things:

Bob not being a dick
Smokey not doing his nails
Crow getting set up at school

We can do this!

Ramirez said:

Christ man, did we not scrimmage 2-3 times aside from our league game?

I'm done talking to you, it's really pointless.

Madden is perfection on disc form, Jesus himself delivered it to us.

relax broham, felt like i was playing the steelers with all the fumbles is all! for all i know the cowpies have high hit stick rating!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Oh Daws....

How many times have I thrown out the Brady Bait???? At least 58 times, it should be on the running joke level by now. Like I said in the 2nd PM (I think the P means something), the reply was literally the 1st thing I did after the LJ game. Plus about 8 hours passed since the original conversation, and thinking back on it. This is more or less the Bob and DCX Moss/Landry argument again.

Man, I'm glad I didn't PM you my Social Security number, I don't know what Bob would have done with it!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
if only this was bob's bye week. i already know how this is gonna go

"hey daw i can play friday night between 10-11 and saturday night between 8-10!"

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:

relax broham, felt like i was playing the steelers with all the fumbles is all! for all i know the cowpies have high hit stick rating!

Well I have caused 10 FF so far this season so that might be part of it...

Somnia said:
Well I have caused 10 FF so far this season so that might be part of it...

it must be cause coffee has been good with ball protection but he had 3 fumbles on 3 touches in this game.

also english with a forced fumble. what a man!

Rorschach

Joke's on you Monopoly dudes. I had to be out the door max at 8:25. You guys left right when I was typing "sorry, bros gotta go in a min" :lol :D

ph33nix said:

fuck my life
GG. That was a magnificent user pick by you. I thought I had you beat. :\

daw840 said:
I'm pretty much done with this game. Twice now I have had a fucking QB dangled in front of my face only to have it yanked away with no real explanation. Fuck this.
What was the other time? And if it makes you feel any better, the same thing has happened to me with WRs 6 times in two seasons. A couple were "ok nm I changed my mind" and then there were a couple that some other cock blockers interfered trying to say that I shouldn't get good WRs.

People are allowed to change their minds. If it was on the table and pending commish review, then that would be sealed (no backsies!). But by the looks of it, you guys never really went into talks other than Lone saying it would be worth it. I've had a guy tell me it's a done deal, go offline, then comeback a while later and tell me he changed his mind. And that's cool. No hard feelings, it's up to him and I would feel bad if I took him to task for it and he regretted the trade.

DCX

DCX
gg BigAt, i'm playing better, but it's still not enough...first int was weird..., second was trying to make a play. Tank contained!!! garbage yards here and there, i love how i break one free for like 70 and i get a holding. It just seemed like it was going to be a weird game. He made adjustments after the first drive or two, i didn't do anything to stop him. Got burnt on the same RB screen pass. Tipped pass for a first down...ugh.

GG anyways.

DCX

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Reposting for the new page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BLUUUEEEEEEMAX

Flying back on the redeye tonight. I can play tomorrow, get home at 6 am est gonna be chillllllin all day for the first time in like two months.

BigAT

DCX said:
gg BigAt, i'm playing better, but it's still not enough...first int was weird..., second was trying to make a play. Tank contained!!! garbage yards here and there, i love how i break one free for like 70 and i get a holding. It just seemed like it was going to be a weird game. He made adjustments after the first drive or two, i didn't do anything to stop him. Got burnt on the same RB screen pass. Tipped pass for a first down...ugh.

GG anyways.

DCX

GG. I'm really glad I was able to get up relatively early so that you had to move slightly away from pounding Tank all the time. He really is a tackle breaking machine. I don't know that 102 yards and 5.4 YPC is "contained", but I'll certainly take it considering the damage he could have done. I suppose it looks a lot better if you take out that 44 yarder on the first drive of the game (3.2 YPC).

AstroLad said:
BLUUUEEEEEEMAX

Flying back on the redeye tonight. I can play tomorrow, get home at 6 am est gonna be chillllllin all day for the first time in like two months.

You should rent out a hotel room in your home town and play your game there. It only seems fitting.

Rorschach

Does anyone have any idea why DHB still drops everything when he's rated 90 catch? :\ Even wobbly little floaters... it's not like I'm throwing rockets at him. :(

Playing Madden NFL 10
Online Franchise; 4th qtr.; 17 - 14

:O Matrix winning!

Top Bottom