• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Fifty

I might piss a few people off, but it's always better to care too much than to not care enough.

It is just a game. Airbrian and others can be as busy as they need to be, but I just wish that as well as informing a commish (which usually means only that person knows and I'm left getting angry in the dark) we had fill ins for TEN. I recall in S1 saying that we didn't want to have people playing the CPU. If you're busy, for the sake of realistic stats and to give yourself a better chance at a W, please get someone to fill in. We have no shortage of volunteers.

Nightz

LiveWire said:
Way too much eeyoring going on in this thread.
2u4798p.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Raiders L
Dolphins W
Redskinds W
Eagles L
Bills L
Broncos: It's going to be a L
Ravens: Another L, payback from last season
Cowboys: Look, another L!
Colts: Jesus fucking Christ, another L!
Giants: Come on, Madden WTF! L!
Jets: I've probably had 1/2 of my starters knocked out of the year by this point, so I'll Lose by 3 points here.
Chiefs: I don't know, maybe a win, depends on how Chris Simms performs.
Bills: I'm going to Lose this, even if I play the CPU
Dolphins: Going to lose this. He's got Moss now. Moss.
Jets: Chris Simms is injured, I'll lose this by 4 points.
Chargers: I win this shit. WIN

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
BigAT said:
I think people care more about winning the draft than winning the Super Bowl.

Easy for you to say. You, Sable, and Astro are just about the only Playoff winnars from last year that I'm not facing this season.

daw840

BigAT said:

I can definitely say that I had infinitely more fun in the first season when I had a decent QB and I was able to actually win games...

Mrbob

BigAT said:

Only one person wins the super bowl. Multiple people can win by tanking their season and getting in for a top 10 draft pick! :D

You can end up 15-1 and ultimately have a meaningless year. I think that just happened????

Rorschach

daw840 said:
The other time isn't important, it was handled over PM and was done in a civil manner and that's fine. This one just pissed me off because of the way it was handled. "no...NO" and then "Is that enough explanation for you?" was very condescending and assholish. If a simple PM was sent that just said "no, I thought about it some more and I just can't trade Brady" and this would be a non-issue.

The reason I am just frustrated with this game is that I just played a scrim VS peterboy and realized what I am missing out on with JRuss. Farve made the throws I asked him to, only threw one pick and that was because of my dumb ass decision. JRuss on the other hand will throw picks that should NEVER be thrown and are of no fault of my own. The only recievers that I can hit have to be WIDE open. I have to make sure there isn't a defender within 10 yards of the receiver and even then sometimes the WR will drop the pass. There has to be some stat for the QB that makes the receiver drop passes. JRuss probably has a 99 in that category. SMH.
Favre wasn't that much better than JRuss is now at short and intermediate throws. JRuss' only problem is deep throws really. And you did well with Favre in that first season. You have to keep in mind that the online rosters are not the same as the franchise rosters and Favre is on a whole different level after the upgrade. Plus, you were playing the chefs and you have way better WRs with the online rosters. -_-

I'm not a QB expert, but I do know how to get something out of JRuss. If you ever want to scrim and get a few pointers, I'd be glad to help. There's no online equivalent to JRuss, though. We'd have to use some other QB that's relatively close. Maybe Joe Flacco?

[edit]
FrenchMovieTheme said:
you need some english in your life!
Hasn't helped you win much! HEYO!

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am not tanking. Even if I am 1-14 going into my final game, I will fight hard. I just hate that I seem to have a knack for shooting myself in the foot this season. I have been soundly beaten a couple of times, but I have also made some really boneheaded mistakes and also have been hit with some very odd TOs and bad calls. But that is football. Especially Jets football. I think their success in real life juxtaposed to my retared play is just making me feel worse.

daw840

Rorschach said:
Favre wasn't that much better than JRuss is now at short and intermediate throws. JRuss' only problem is deep throws really. And you did well with Favre in that first season. You have to keep in mind that the online rosters are not the same as the franchise rosters and Favre is on a whole different level after the upgrade. Plus, you were playing the chefs and you have way better WRs with the online rosters. -_-

I'm not a QB expert, but I do know how to get something out of JRuss. If you ever want to scrim and get a few pointers, I'd be glad to help. There's no online equivalent to JRuss, though. We'd have to use some other QB that's relatively close. Maybe Joe Flacco?

[edit]
Hasn't helped you win much! HEYO!

JRuss' overall accuracy rating is a 64 I think. The short-mid-long ratings are a secondary rating that is affected by the overall accuracy I think. Farve's was much better than 64 if I remember right.

I don't lead and bitch and whine committe so you can stop there denog. And I only troll one bitch in this thread is bob anyways. Ask LJ, the two nights when I went apeshit on bob and bob actually finished his game before pats/bills and I asked him if they wee playing that night, and he said 'no me and lonestar are too tired" and I was like alright cool. So before you guys put some bullshit accusation think about the situation first

DenogginizerOS

ph33nix said:
I don't lead and bitch and whine committe so you can stop there denog. And I only troll one bitch in this thread is bob anyways. Ask LJ, the two nights when I went apeshit on bob and bob actually finished his game before pats/bills and I asked him if they wee playing that night, and he said 'no me and lonestar are too tired" and I was like alright cool. So before you guys put some bullshit accusation think about the situation first
Your trolling of Bob has gotten old. You don't need to branch out and troll others to make it annoying; it already is.

AirBrian

Fifty said:
I might piss a few people off, but it's always better to care too much than to not care enough.

It is just a game. Airbrian and others can be as busy as they need to be, but I just wish that as well as informing a commish (which usually means only that person knows and I'm left getting angry in the dark) we had fill ins for TEN. I recall in S1 saying that we didn't want to have people playing the CPU. If you're busy, for the sake of realistic stats and to give yourself a better chance at a W, please get someone to fill in. We have no shortage of volunteers.
Well if there's not communication between commishes, that's on you guys. I let FMT (and even you, I believe) that I was going to need a sub until January 4th. FMT should've chimed in or whatever. If you guys are co-commishes, act like it and talk to each other. We shouldn't have to let 6 different people know what's going on. I sent FMT a PM on November 28th letting him know what was going on.

And since I've been back, I have not missed a single game yet until this week against Ramirez, which I would've played last night but when he responded it was too late.

If the issue here is just finding a sub rather than playing the CPU, than that's easy. I would love if someone wanted to fill in for the Titans this week! I'd love to come back on Monday to a W than a L! I just told him to play the CPU because I didn't want to hold up the league if/when everyone starts the "let's advance the league tonight 3 days ahead of the deadline" bullshit.

So, if anyone wants to sub for me this week, please do!

AirBrian

Nightz said:
Yeah I picked him up after week 3, when FMT said that unsigned free agents were available. Since AirBrian had some unusual circumstances, I'll let the Titans have him. I think the other Titans free agent pickup was Mike Goff.
So my FAs are Al Harris and Mike Goff? Thanks for letting me know, Nightz!

I'll sign them when I get back on Monday.

LiveWire

I'm happy to sub for any team that needs a replacement, and if I'm ever out and unable to play I'd rather have someone sub for me as well.

bluemax

Banned
LiveWire said:
Speaking of QBs, I noticed that the Jason Campbell experiment is over in Seattle. What happened bluemax?

Ace Garrison fell into my lap. I was honestly planning on going with J Camp this season and I really wanted to draft Kenton Keith the top CB to shore up my pass defense but I couldn't move up higher and I couldn't trade down so I just stuck it out. When you have a chance to draft a guy like Garrison you have to take it.

Astro: don't sweat it if tonight doesn't work out, I've played 2 games straight after getting off a plane and didn't really enjoy it. I really would've preferred to have time to get reacclimated to being home so I know how it goes.

Striker

Lots of teams, such as the Steelers, Eagles, and the Cowboys have some good depth. Not sure what you're looking for though, or if they're truly an upgrade over Russell.

daw840

Striker said:
Lots of teams, such as the Steelers, Eagles, and the Cowboys have some good depth. Not sure what you're looking for though, or if they're truly an upgrade over Russell.

No backup QB is going to be any kind of an upgrade compared to JRuss. It will just frustrate me more I fear.

Fifty

Well J Russ's pass ACC rating has to be lower than that of some other backups out there. His overall rating is 80 mainly because of his throw power. Ramirez's backup, Matt Hasselbeck, has 91 pass acc (Jamarcus' is 69)..even Jason Campbell is +8 in that crucial pass ACC rating.

Smokey

Lonestar said:
Chargers: I win this shit. WIN

lol

For sake you better hope I'm still in this mode I'm in now. I go back to my season 1 play and I will not lose a game the rest of the season, but other things in life take priority over Madden right now !

BigAT said:

For some maybe. To me nothing feels better in Sports-GAF than winning a ship. Meltdowns from others comes close, but not quite.

bluemax

Banned
daw840 said:
No backup QB is going to be any kind of an upgrade compared to JRuss. It will just frustrate me more I fear.

Hasslebeck:
83 THP (Throw Power)
91 THA (Throw Accuracy)
88 TAS (Throw Accuracy Short)
85 TAM (Throw Accuracy Medium)
73 TAD (Throw Accuracy Deep)
69 TOR (Throw on the Run)
88 PAC (Play Action

JBust
98 THP (Throw Power)
69 THA (Throw Accuracy)
82 TAS (Throw Accuracy Short)
75 TAM (Throw Accuracy Medium)
66 TAD (Throw Accuracy Deep)
87 TOR (Throw on the Run)
88 PAC (Play Action

So right there you could've picked up Hasslebeck as a FA before the season and got a guy with far better accuracy. Yeah you would've lost rocket arm powers but it sounds like your issue is accuracy.

Edit: Dammit beaten by Fifty!

C'mon Daw I'll trade you JCamp! He was a 60+% passer last season!

DenogginizerOS

Fifty said:
Chad Pennington has 93 accuracy. Trade for him! Dallas ain't using him. It's the best move you can make.
Yes, but his accuracy doesn't account for the week it takes to get the ball from his hand to the receiver.

LiveWire

Colt Brennan's agent just called me and told me his client wants to be traded and given an opportunity to start for a team. Daw, let's make something happen.

LiveWire

Man, just think of what would have happened had the Chiefs-Vikings trade gone through. Chiefs would have Matt Cassell and AP, Vikings would have Scooter, Ace and even more depth on defense.

Oh well.

daw840

LiveWire said:
Man, just think of what would have happened had the Chiefs-Vikings trade gone through. Chiefs would have Matt Cassell and AP, Vikings would have Scooter, Ace and even more depth on defense.

Oh well.

Yeah, yeah, rub it in.

p.s. I will entertain any and all trades for a QB with higher ACC when I get home this evening and can look at the Madden site.

daw840 said:
Yeah, yeah, rub it in.

p.s. I will entertain any and all trades for a QB with higher ACC when I get home this evening and can look at the Madden site.

shaun hill had ridiculous accuracy in the short game. infact, i think he is still the highest rated passer in league history (percentage wise). but he might be 2nd or 3rd.

i had games with him where i would go 22/25.... but the 3 incompletions were interceptions :lol

LiveWire

ESPN RADIO SPORTSCENTER UPDATE

"Hello and welcome to this ESPN Radio update, I'm Dan Davis. Breaking news from Washington as the GAF Madden League nears the regular season trading deadline. It appears the Redskins have begun negotiations with the Minnesota Vikings and are looking to close a deal by the end of the week, if not sooner. Representatives for both organizations were unavailable to comment on the potential deal."

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
BLUEMAX:

I can play when you get back provided it's by 10:30. Just drop me a PM when you get in and I'll hop right on.

daw840

BigAT said:
Please don't give Daw a decent quarterback. That's the last thing I want to deal with...

Oh c'mon. That first season was great. Both our games were decided by a total of 5 points (if I remember correctly), since I lost Farve you have just been crushing me!

LukeSmith

LiveWire said:
ESPN RADIO SPORTSCENTER UPDATE

"Hello and welcome to this ESPN Radio update, I'm Dan Davis. Breaking news from Washington as the GAF Madden League nears the regular season trading deadline. It appears the Redskins have begun negotiations with the Minnesota Vikings and are looking to close a deal by the end of the week, if not sooner. Representatives for both organizations were unavailable to comment on the potential deal."

Yesssssssssssssssssss

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
You know what I don't understand, Daw, is that looking at your stats from S1, I am pretty sure that your success was based off just getting the ball to AP and Percy Harvin. JRuss should be able to do handoff and hit both guys short without a problem. Have you moved away from that strategy? I'd be getting AP 30 touches a game if I were you. I get cranky when Jacobs doesn't get 20 and I have a guy just as good as him as a backup eating into his touches.

LiveWire

Speaking of touches, Portis got his 20+ last night against the Eagles (23 to be exact), and I lost. So much for balance. Whatever works, works (even if it's cheesing with McNabb scrambling from 4 and 5 wide sets). If you need to win with 35 passes and 10 runs, do it.

BigAT

daw840 said:
Oh c'mon. That first season was great. Both our games were decided by a total of 5 points (if I remember correctly), since I lost Farve you have just been crushing me!

I don't have a problem with the crushings though! :D

Plus, I think you were without Harvin for most of both of those games. Dealing with him and AP is quite a handful for my defense.

Top Bottom