• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

Rorschach said:
Does anyone have any idea why DHB still drops everything when he's rated 90 catch? :\ Even wobbly little floaters... it's not like I'm throwing rockets at him. :(

Playing Madden NFL 10
Online Franchise; 4th qtr.; 17 - 14

:O Matrix winning!

crabtree rated a 99 catch and has dropped a couple key balls in all of my losses.

speaking of all of my losses.... all by 7 points :(

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Rorschach said:
Does anyone have any idea why DHB still drops everything when he's rated 90 catch? :\ Even wobbly little floaters... it's not like I'm throwing rockets at him. :(

Playing Madden NFL 10
Online Franchise; 4th qtr.; 17 - 14

:O Matrix winning!

My theory is that it is tied to your QB's rating as well. Calvin drops some passes that I know he should catch.

Rorschach

dskillzhtown said:
My theory is that it is tied to your QB's rating as well. Calvin drops some passes that I know he should catch.
Oh duh. You're probably right. Still, even Higgins catches everything that's thrown right. :\

Oh well, I just have to bench him in favor of Murphy if it keeps up.

Fifty

Thanks for playing tonight, Storybook.

The good: You held Astrolad to 10 points last week

The bad: You hit rock bottom this week

-Joey Keller had a ton of huge runs, just like last year. He performs well against weaker D's, so I'm not excited yet

-Tony Gonzalez continues to be my MVP

Nothing like a game against the Rams' passing D to get your QB self-esteem back up (Flacco 17-21 with 4 TDs/0 INT), but since I know next week is my yearly loss to Ramirez (unless I get so fortunate that he screams and screams and threatens to quit, writing "fuck this game" about 10 times) I'm not getting too cocky.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fuck Tank and Scooter... it's all about Bjoern!

Fifty said:
Thanks for playing tonight, Storybook.

The good: You held Astrolad to 10 points last week

The bad: You hit rock bottom this week

-Joey Keller had a ton of huge runs, just like last year. He performs well against weaker D's, so I'm not excited yet

-Tony Gonzalez continues to be my MVP

Nothing like a game against the Rams' passing D to get your QB self-esteem back up (Flacco 17-21 with 4 TDs/0 INT), but since I know next week is my yearly loss to Ramirez (unless I get so fortunate that he screams and screams and threatens to quit, writing "fuck this game" about 10 times) I'm not getting too cocky.

This is one of those games for me that seemed no matter what I did, I was getting fucked by Madden's AI. That INT was thrown like he was leading the receiver up the field even though he was already coming back towards the qb, I wasn't even pushing forward on the stick. I also consistently watched my d run away from the ball carrier and take shitty angles all game. They seemed to like letting Gonzo run wherever the fuck he pleased too.

6 dropped passes in that game too. :( Ugh. #1 pick here I come!

Rorschach

AFC North is the new and improved AFC West. I'm glad the Browns and Bengals are coming up. Good job, fellas. Hope it's not premature, but I'm anxious to see how that division plays out.

bluemax

Banned
AstroLad said:
BLUUUEEEEEEMAX

Flying back on the redeye tonight. I can play tomorrow, get home at 6 am est gonna be chillllllin all day for the first time in like two months.

I work until 10pm EST but any time after about 10:30 EST works for me.

Rorschach said:
AFC North is the new and improved AFC West. I'm glad the Browns and Bengals are coming up. Good job, fellas. Hope it's not premature, but I'm anxious to see how that division plays out.

Pft Stealers and Bengals should each have one more loss than they do!

Striker

Rorschach said:
I always falter against the division teams. Now swept by CIN and one loss should've been a win, as I gave one away. :(

The schedule doesn't seem to be as tough, so I am hoping to get 6-7 wins, at least.

Nightz

Rorschach said:
I think I've been moving in the right direction building the Bengals, but I probably won't be able to keep it up much longer. The second half of the season is going to be brutal...4 beatdowns coming from division rivals guaranteed. I was just hoping to win more games than I did last season and I'm one win away from achieving that goal. I'll be extremely happy if I make .500 for the season. I gotta admit though, taking a weaker team and re-building is pretty fun!

Fifty

Play the computer and we debate whether or not we should get a real replacement for someone who is away so much and unable to play his games. It's not like you would have lost to him had he played you.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Or you could play someone who is equal to Airbrians play skill....

I could fill in.

Fifty

No. You're much better than he is. The Titans aren't a bad team. But if Ramirez would rather someone fill in, I'd personally be cool with anyone doing it.

Btw, they still don't have either of the FA pickups I made for them in the offseason. Al Harris and someone else. Sigh..it's such a wasted year for them. Between Airbrian's career as an escaped convict getting in the way, and my stint as interim general manager of TEN meaning absolutely jack shit, I'm sad.

Matrix

" Airbrian's career as an escaped convict, and my stint as interim general manager of TEN meaning absolutely jack shit, I'm sad."

:lol

Oh man I play the Titans next week, hope this issue is resolved by next week.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
I see I play Matrix.

This one's for MAC

I just noticed this :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
BigAT said:
You should rent out a hotel room in your home town and play your game there. It only seems fitting.
:lol NO MORE HOTELS

bluemax cool let's play it by ear might go out for dinner with the wife since it's been three weeks but i can probably play after

daw840

Rorschach said:
What was the other time? And if it makes you feel any better, the same thing has happened to me with WRs 6 times in two seasons. A couple were "ok nm I changed my mind" and then there were a couple that some other cock blockers interfered trying to say that I shouldn't get good WRs.

People are allowed to change their minds. If it was on the table and pending commish review, then that would be sealed (no backsies!). But by the looks of it, you guys never really went into talks other than Lone saying it would be worth it. I've had a guy tell me it's a done deal, go offline, then comeback a while later and tell me he changed his mind. And that's cool. No hard feelings, it's up to him and I would feel bad if I took him to task for it and he regretted the trade.

The other time isn't important, it was handled over PM and was done in a civil manner and that's fine. This one just pissed me off because of the way it was handled. "no...NO" and then "Is that enough explanation for you?" was very condescending and assholish. If a simple PM was sent that just said "no, I thought about it some more and I just can't trade Brady" and this would be a non-issue.

The reason I am just frustrated with this game is that I just played a scrim VS peterboy and realized what I am missing out on with JRuss. Farve made the throws I asked him to, only threw one pick and that was because of my dumb ass decision. JRuss on the other hand will throw picks that should NEVER be thrown and are of no fault of my own. The only recievers that I can hit have to be WIDE open. I have to make sure there isn't a defender within 10 yards of the receiver and even then sometimes the WR will drop the pass. There has to be some stat for the QB that makes the receiver drop passes. JRuss probably has a 99 in that category. SMH.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Draft a qb with your first rounder next rookie draft. It was thin there this past draft but I am sure there will be more there this time. Ace Garrison, Kelly James, Dane Morrow, and Jack English seem to be doing well with their respective teams.

Also, you really should have known better with JRuss. If Rors chose to dump him, and he turns shit bricks into gold bricks in this game, then you should have steered clear.

I'll trade you Rex Grossman. :D

Holy crap JRuss is actually not that bad. Just don't throw deep, ever. I'm spoiled by Eli. The other night Live and I played a game in which we switched teams, I didn't throw any picks with Campbell but I did miss some wide open throws. If I ever lose Eli for an extended period I am just going to run all game. No TEs or WRs, just a straight up 8 lineman at the LOS rushing attack.

daw840

Wellington said:
Draft a qb with your first rounder next rookie draft. It was thin there this past draft but I am sure there will be more there this time. Ace Garrison, Kelly James, Dane Morrow, and Jack English seem to be doing well with their respective teams.

Also, you really should have known better with JRuss. If Rors chose to dump him, and he turns shit bricks into gold bricks in this game, then you should have steered clear.

I'll trade you Rex Grossman. :D

See, the problem with that strategy is that this league is most definitely only going to be around for one, maybe two, more seasons. That is not even close to enough time for a rookie QB to progress enough to be usable. I am doomed to continue losing every season and throwing picks left and right.

edit: Plus, ANYTHING was better than TJack that season. LOL.

Wellington said:

Pat White: 12/20 262 yards 3 TD 1 INT

FML

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
daw840 said:
See, the problem with that strategy is that this league is most definitely only going to be around for one, maybe two, more seasons. That is not even close to enough time for a rookie QB to progress enough to be usable. I am doomed to continue losing every season and throwing picks left and right.

edit: Plus, ANYTHING was better than TJack that season. LOL.
You had the 6th pick and Ace Garrison went to the Seahawks at 7. Ace is already better than Jruss in some categories. I don't know your team needs or who you picked but that should have been your pick if it's such a problem.

I'm interested in continuing this franchise. The beauty of this thing is we can lose players and just have AI participants, so the thing can go on.

Lastly, I hope everyone is developing their young talent. In our league some of the current stars are going to start declining. My OLine is already shot and my Dline is starting to go to. :(

daw840

Wellington said:
You had the 6th pick and Ace Garrison went to the Seahawks at 7. Ace is already better than Jruss in some categories. I don't know your team needs or who you picked but that should have been your pick if it's such a problem.

I'm interested in continuing this franchise. The beauty of this thing is we can lose players and just have AI participants, so the thing can go on.

Lastly, I hope everyone is developing their young talent. In our league some of the current stars are going to start declining. My OLine is already shot and my Dline is starting to go to. :(

You know what. I thought that JRuss was young enough when I got him that he would progress in the areas of accuracy, but I was wrong.

Regarding the league, just look at how long each season is taking. 2 more seasons and Madden 11 will be out.

AirBrian

Wow, the knifes in the back are flowing today!

:mad:

Yeah, I was gone for a month...couldn't help that. I had to go to Singapore for work for 2 weeks and I let the commishes know ahead of time. Then it was the f'n holidays. Sorry for traveling to see my family. The last two weekends I've had to be out of town to help my gf in CA get prepared to move back to TX. I'm flying out today and driving back with her this weekend. So yeah, sometimes life gets in the way of playing Madden games, but I've let everyone know what was going on. After this weekend, things will be much calmer for me. But hey, thanks for being dicks about it!

daw840

AirBrian said:

Yeah, I was gone for a month...couldn't help that. I had to go to Singapore for work for 2 weeks and I let the commishes know ahead of time. Then it was the f'n holidays. Sorry for traveling to see my family. The last two weekends I've had to be out of town to help my gf in CA get prepared to move back to TX. I'm flying out today and driving back with her this weekend. So yeah, sometimes life gets in the way of playing Madden games, but I've let everyone know what was going on. After this weekend, things will be much calmer for me. But hey, thanks for being dicks about it!

It's ok AB, I lost my sex cannon too. :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
AirBrian said:

Yeah, I wonder what'll happen next!

Daws: The answer is still YES NO

AirBrian

Fifty said:
Yeah, I don't know who Brock was going to, but I'm pretty sure that Airbrian just missed the posts (that thread did move fast and he was out of town for about 50 pages). There's no way he doesn't want the two FAs I signed for him.

AirBrian said:
GQ, just a reminder I'm out of town until Monday in case you missed my post earlier in the thread. I'll be able to play after 6pm Monday evening.

EDIT: And thanks for assigning the FAs. Yeah, I missed all that when I was out of town. Let me know if there's anything else I need to do and I'll take care of it on Monday.

I never got a PM telling me what FAs you picked up. So who do I need to sign? It's not in the first post and searching is disabled. What page range was the draft and I can go search?

Smokey

AirBrian said:

I agree.

Some of you need to calm the hell down. Life happens. I for one, just started this college semester again and won't be too concerned over somebody's poo-putt feelings because I couldn't get my Madden game played in 2 days.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I think the bitching about games not getting played needs to stop. If someone misses the commisioner-set deadline, then the bitch and whine committee chaired by the good pirate Pheenix can have at it, but until that happens, stick to trash- talking and whatnot and leave the tired comments about Bob and others out of this thread.

daw840

DenogginizerOS said:
I think the bitching about games not getting played needs to stop. If someone misses the commisioner-set deadline, then the bitch and whine committee chaired by the good pirate Pheenix can have at it, but until that happens, stick to trash- talking and whatnot and leave the tired comments about Bob and others out of this thread.

But if we did that this thread would only be 1000 posts!

DenogginizerOS said:

Agreed. It's not like everyone in the league can play everyday like some of you or want to spend the hour or so that they do get to spend gaming playing Madden every time.

Nightz

AirBrian said:
I never got a PM telling me what FAs you picked up. So who do I need to sign? It's not in the first post and searching is disabled. What page range was the draft and I can go search?

LiveWire said:
Um according to the website, Al Harris is playing for the Cincinnati Bengals now.
Yeah I picked him up after week 3, when FMT said that unsigned free agents were available. Since AirBrian had some unusual circumstances, I'll let the Titans have him. I think the other Titans free agent pickup was Mike Goff.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Crap you are right. This season will take us into March, the next one will take us to probably the middle of may if not later. I suggest we take a break from may until Madden 11 so we dont kill each other. :lol

Also, commishes, the draft looks like it can fall in the second or third week of March. I am going away March 18th to the 22nd.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't let me miss this draft!! I am sure we can get it in St. Patties day night or before if Bob doesn't make the playoffs!!

Mrbob

I'm 1-4 right now, having the unluckiest season of my life so far....don't worry I'm finishing this bad boy out 1-15 to get a top draft pick. I'm starting 3 rookies right now to (rookie LT, rookie LG, rookie FB) so I'm building for next year when I can pick up an elite WR at the top of the draft.

daw840

Mrbob said:
I'm 1-4 right now, having the unluckiest season of my life so far....don't worry I'm finishing this bad boy out 1-15 to get a top draft pick. I'm starting 3 rookies right now to (rookie LT, rookie LG, rookie FB) so I'm building for next year when I can pick up an elite WR at the top of the draft.

If you can play tonight you will be 2-4

Top Bottom