• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '10 Xbox 360 Online Franchise: A World Without Favre

DMczaf

It really doesn't matter what I say, you'll ignore me like the others and do it again to someone else later and come up with excuses after the game when the other person has a right to be pissed off.

You already have a 20+ pt victory, does it grow hair on your chest to rub it in with another TD with less than a minute left instead of just kneeling the game out?

Mrbob

I think Batman has been destroyed. :eek:

Bane-breaks-Batman.png

batman_bane_12.jpg

LukeSmith

DMczaf said:
It really doesn't matter what I say, you'll ignore me like the others and do it again to someone else later and come up with excuses after the game when the other person has a right to be pissed off.

You already have a 20+ pt victory, does it grow hair on your chest to rub it in with another TD with less than a minute left instead of just kneeling the game out?

I am not ignoring you. I am not making excuses. You have a right to be pissed off.

Whether it was 44-21 or 51-21 - the ball didn't bounce your way in the game.

You called timeouts, I called Power O flipped it at the line, snapped it at 39 seconds with the clock running fully expecting it to be the final play of the game and you missed a hit stick.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Rules:

2. Be courteous to your opponent. We're all best friends here, so there is no reason to rub someones nose in shit after you've beaten them, there's no reason to run up the score on people, there's no reason for any of that shit. Just be cool dudes.

Although with FMT, these are more like "Guidelines I hope you will follow, but I can't actually back these up because my power has about as much respect as a high school vice principle"

Smokey

DMczaf said:
Although with FMT, these are more like "Guidelines I hope you will follow, but I can't actually back these up because my power has about as much respect as a high school vice principle"

I dunno how FMT got dragged into this, but this is some major SHOTS FIRED material right here:lol

daw840

storybook77 said:
Daw was a no show tonight so I guess we'll be trying again tomorrow.

Very very sorry about that. I messed up my back on Tuesday afternoon and the doc has me on some killer pain pills and muscle relaxers. Im good to go today though. I can start a game up until about 8:00pm CST, the wife gets home about then from her 12-hr work day, so after that is a no go.

daw840 said:
Very very sorry about that. I messed up my back on Tuesday afternoon and the doc has me on some killer pain pills and muscle relaxers. Im good to go today though. I can start a game up until about 8:00pm CST, the wife gets home about then from her 12-hr work day, so after that is a no go.

We'll see what time I get home and if I can play. My wife has something else to do tonight so I'll be entertaining our daughter but if she allows me the chance, I'll get our game in.

DMczaf said:

To be fair, when I was in high school, we respected the vice principal more than the principal. :lol

my vice principal was a douche. he would just stand around screaming "WALK AND TALK GUYS WALK AND TALK"

and then when one of our organizations went on a trip a few of the fucking dumbass students decided to bust in another student's hotel room and drop bags of flour everywhere to piss him off....the maids came later that day and thought it was some major cocaineage going down....real bad idea :lol

LiveWire

sableholic said:
I assume the missed tackled = you were trying to strip the ball?

The first one was a hit stick, the rest were just trying to push him out of bounds, and I think he was trying to go out too after the first one, by the 3rd broken tackle I think he was like, fuck it, I got a chance to return it. Had I not won the Madden player-selection-algorithm lottery and gotten Ben Hamilton way upfield of McGee, it would have been a pick six.

LukeSmith

LiveWire said:
The first one was a hit stick, the rest were just trying to push him out of bounds, and I think he was trying to go out too after the first one, by the 3rd broken tackle I think he was like, fuck it, I got a chance to return it. Had I not won the Madden player-selection-algorithm lottery and gotten Ben Hamilton way upfield of McGee, it would have been a pick six.

Yes Ben Hamilton! Ex Colt! Second life in Washington!

LiveWire

LukeSmith said:
Yes Ben Hamilton! Ex Colt! Second life in Washington!

I was worried about his injury/stamina ratings when I picked him up in FA, but so far he's been a beast. Better than Kareem McKenzie. :(

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
:lol :lol

I guess when FMT said "i'm here to resolve THIS situation!" he meant "I won't actually resolve this situation, but I'll go away and hope this goes away"
It's not going away

Take some notes, Goodell!

Smokey

turner_michael.jpg

Returns after 8 weeks of sitting on the sideline with a broken collarbone and a bit of soul searching. He knows what his critics have said about him. He knows this has been a down year for him. He hears it all.

He is angry and is eager to prove to the league once again that he.is.a. BEAST

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
CB3 said:
I actually have video footage of FMT entering this thread last night

6ejf3d.gif

Aquasadface.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Birdman, I can play tonight from 8:30 est on.

Just let me know.

Matrix

Birdman02 said:
A little closer to 9 would work better for me.

Lets do 9 pm est.

DMczaf said:

lolz

and exactly what power does anyone have? i can't overturn games, i can't throw games out. i could feasibly boot a player, but i'm not going to boot a good player because he ran up the score a couple times.

look, running up the score is shitty, and if it was luke going 4 wide up 20 with under a minute left ok that is complete bullshit. but he runs a basic run play, you miss a hit stick, and he scores a TD on a breakaway. SHOULD he have just run out of bounds and taken a knee, or taken a knee in the first place? sure. is it OMFG DEPLORABLE that he scored in the fashion he did? no, i dont think so. i neglected to score again fifty in the same situation and he told me he wish i had just scored.

so to everyone again i stress please dont get involved in this shit. if you are losing by 30 points in the 4th, don't use your timeouts. just let the clock run down. if you throw a pick and you're down by 30 your opponent has every right to run back that pick for a TD.

if you are up by 30 with under a minute left and your opponent has no timeouts, just take a couple knees and be done with it. this is drama that didn't need to happen.

personally i couldn't care less if someone runs the score up on me. i invite any of you to do it when you play me. but keep in mind that not everyone is like that and when someone has just had a frustrating game the last thing they want to deal with is you scoring a TD when you could have just taken a knee (whether they took their last TO or not).

luke as punishment i need you to bench girley and/or manning for one game at any point in the season. thanks bro

Matrix

OMG

If I were Birdman I'd break a controller.... worst luck ever for you. Seriously though gg and so much different than last game... well besides another OT. I can't take our games, they emotionally drain me :lol

Also praise the Madden gods, Bjoern gets hurt with a dis. located shoulder and taken out on a cart. Thankfully it was only for the rest of the game and not my season.

Dude was having a monster game too.

Birdman02

GG Matrix. Madden continues to hate me. First, your RB becomes untackleable in the 3rd qtr (before getting hurt in the 4th), then DeAngelo Williams decides to fumble on the 2 yd line while I'm trying to kill clock for the GW FG. And to finish it up, on your last play I switch to William Gay in good position to make a play on the ball, and the games decided not to recognize my button press, and AJ proceeds to take it to the house.

My draft pick looks better every week!!

If I were Birdman I'd break a controller....

I somehow managed to hit my controller with my thumb when I swung my fist after fumbling the ball. My thumb was throbbing the entire OT.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Birdman02 said:
GG Matrix. Madden continues to hate me. First, your RB becomes untackleable in the 3rd qtr (before getting hurt in the 4th), then DeAngelo Williams decides to fumble on the 2 yd line while I'm trying to kill clock for the GW FG. And to finish it up, on your last play I switch to William Gay in good position to make a play on the ball, and the games decided not to recognize my button press, and AJ proceeds to take it to the house.

I somehow managed to hit my controller with my thumb when I swung my fist after fumbling the ball. My thumb was throbbing the entire OT.
Don't worry bro I broke an extra one last night, you can have it. :D

Matrix

Birdman02 said:

That insane run Bjoern had in the 3rd was a WTF OMG BS td, I should have saved it. You user picked me with Gay when I tried to throw to AJ in the first. Two other times AJ flat out drops passes he would make it real life. I was honestly shocked you didn't pick me off in OT. I can't seem to pass and catch in this years Madden compared to past ones.

Your thumb was throbbing and my heart was going to explode :( I still get so into my games even when I know I'm going no where this season and hurting my draft.

"luke as punishment i need you to bench girley and/or manning for one game at any point in the season. thanks bro"

:lol

only 2 games remaining!

broncos/chiefs
bears/lions

bob back with a vengeance to claim his title! anyone know when broncos/chiefs is happening? haven't seen peter around :/

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
only 2 games remaining!

broncos/chiefs
bears/lions

bob back with a vengeance to claim his title! anyone know when broncos/chiefs is happening? haven't seen peter around :/

I think tomorrow, Peter posted yesterday in here I believe.

Nightz

Yeah Crow said earliest he could play was Friday. peterb0y has no class but is going out at night so he says the earlier the better. He'll try to work around Crow's schedule though.

TheCrow

I don't want to hold up the league. Peterboy said he could play Friday so if someone could sub for me that would be fine. But I'll be able to play next week's game against the Packers(Rors). There goes my plan to play a couple of games. :(

Rorschach

Speaking of bad plays on balls... check out Al Harris' half-hearted attempt:

esvrsz.gif

He was getting beat on everything all day. Man, zone, whatever. Check out that play. He has a couple steps on the WR. WR outruns him to the ball. Decides to just spin and stick his arm out without jumping. :lol

That's me in the blue circle trying to clean up his mess.

Matrix

AJ leads the league in drops with 11 :\ He could catch everything when BJ had control of him and when I have him he's not even close to being his dominate self.

:lol @ the gif

That's what my secondary does all the time.

i dont think lions/bears is being played until tomorrow night anyways but i have a fill-in for the broncos tonight if peterboy is down.

be sure to log out if thats the case crow ;)

TheCrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i dont think lions/bears is being played until tomorrow night anyways but i have a fill-in for the broncos tonight if peterboy is down.

be sure to log out if thats the case crow ;)

I don't think anyone wants to wait till Saturday. I just signed out. Try to do better than Pheeniks. :D

Matrix

I see Peter is online, is someone playing him soon?

Matrix

Rorschach said:
No need to rush the broncos game since the bears game is still left.

Oh I know. Bob was trying to get his game in, we can't blame him this time. He's been online in madden practicing.

Dskillz is missing it seems. I'm not sure if they had planned to meet now.

Top Bottom