• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2014 |OT2| We need to be more like Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Republican Governor candidates now up in Colorado, Kansas, Illinois, Michigan, MARYLAND, Connecticut, not to mention Rick Scott's win. Them plus Walker were all supposed to be getting their asses handed to them like two weeks ago.
I'm moving to Indiana if Rauner wins Illinois.

The worst thing about tonight is that nearly a million people will continue not getting healthcare in Florida. I assumed Scott was fucked, everything seemed to be leading towards it too. Even tonight, Crist out performed Obama in multiple areas whereas Scott performed worse than he did in 2010.

Scott embarrassed himself in the debates and still won. Wow.

benjipwns

Banned
jwSWVXw.png

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The worst thing about tonight is that nearly a million people will continue not getting healthcare in Florida. I assumed Scott was fucked, everything seemed to be leading towards it too. Even tonight, Crist out performed Obama in multiple areas whereas Scott performed worse than he did in 2010.

I honestly have no idea what the fuck happened there. Everything seemed to be going Crist's way.

Off year, Florida, the old people capital of America. It's recipe for Republican dream election.

Today was not the right day to have to wear a heart monitor all day.

Doctor: I see that your heart rate was a bit high from around 7-8 at night and your journal says you were cursing out the US electorate. But you aren't in the US.

Me: Thank fuck.

Jooney

My hypothesis: people don't like politicians who change parties. I can imagine a bunch of people voting for Scott just out of spite.

Averon

Quinn is defeated...NO WORDS

Yeah.

Illinois, despite it's blue tint in Presidential election years, isn't shy about electing GOP governors, and Quinn wasn't liked at all.

Quinn actually did better than expected when you consider how apparently blood red tonight's electorate is.

Averon

The electorate this year seemed to be blood red. Something the pollsters didn't pick up at all. Even PPP was caught off guard.

Also, Lol at my state (Illinois) voting in a guying wanting to abolish the minimum wage yet also voted to raise the minimum wage to $10 in the same night.

WTF?!?

The only way I can explain that people actually don't believe what the GOP candidate say they will do.

I'm mad as hell that I didn't vote for the Green candidate now

Voted for Kasich since I voted party line. Feels good to finally be able to spread my conservative wings here on GAF and not be hounded by a bunch of liberals. Now if we can just finish getting abortion banned, open drilling up in state parks, and actually get Senate Bill 5 passed, things would be great.

... Shit, I can't say any that with a straight face. I voted for the Green Party candidate and the Republicans' abortion restriction bill from earlier this year is horrible. They pretty much have one party control at the state level. It's not fun and I'm hoping to leave the state soon.

Cat

I find it depressing all around. I'm in Texas, was starting to feel pessimistic about the senate, and somehow the results are still worse than expected.

dabig2

Senate means nothing. The real depressing thing is the governor races. Walker, Scott, and Brownback...

Same. I expected a Senate loss (was hoping at least Hagan/Udall could pull it out) but those governor races...dear lord. How.

The post-election data is going to be chilling.

Tamanon

Banned
Surprised by the Kagan loss. We'll see if it holds up tomorrow.

Guess all that money on negative ads worked after all.

Senate going to the GOP isn't that big a deal. Not much is going to change in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom