• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2014 |OT2| We need to be more like Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jooney

Senate map was always tough but the governors races showed that the Dems gave their constituents nothing to vote for. Playing defence and distancing yourself from the leader of your party is never a winning move.

Also, I wonder how much of a toll Ebola took. October surprise etc.

Amir0x

Banned
Told you guys it was set to be an apocalyptic night and the Dems would do worse than even expected.

Dark clouds were swirling for some time now. Dark days ahead.

Chumly

Senate map was always tough but the governors races showed that the Dems gave their constituents nothing to vote for. Playing defence and distancing yourself from the leader of your party is never a winning move.

Also, I wonder how much of a toll Ebola took. October surprise etc.

I agree. When you campaign on distancing yourself from when things actually got done........ you don't have much to campaign on. Dems have only made the message worse by trying to ignore it instead of pointing out the good.

Averon

I agree. When you campaign on distancing yourself from when things actually got done........ you don't have much to campaign on. Dems have only made the message worse by trying to ignore it instead of pointing out the good.

Dems did this same shit in 2010 and it didn't work. I cannot imagine why they thought it would work again.

benjipwns

Banned
lol at these two LA House Districts:
Louisiana District 5
99% reporting
CANDIDATE PARTY VOTES PCT.
Jamie Mayo Dem. 66,253 28.1%
Ralph Abraham Rep. 54,767 23.2
Zach Dasher Rep. 53,191 22.5
Others Other 61,970 26.2

Louisiana District 6
96% reporting
CANDIDATE PARTY VOTES PCT.
Edwin Edwards Dem. 72,454 29.6%
Garret Graves Rep. 67,398 27.6
Paul Dietzel Rep. 33,224 13.6
Others Other 71,535 29.2
Edwin Edwards still kickin around.

Jooney

If Obama only invaded Syria, committed ground troops against ISIS and physically manhandled Putin, this never would have happened.

KingK

I just got back from work. Can anyone give me a quick summary of the what results we have so far? Judging from browsing a few comments on this last page, it's not good.

benjipwns

Banned
I just got back from work. Can anyone give me a quick summary of the what results we have so far? Judging from browsing a few comments on this last page, it's not good.
Do you like the color red?

jwSWVXw.png

dabig2

If Obama hadn't been a fuck head and did executive immigration action before mid terms that is what would have helped Dems.

I don't think that would have helped turnout that much. Probably would have pissed off more racist white people to be honest.

Still should've done it though because at this point who gives a fuck.

Averon

The most disastrous aspect of tonight is the governorships. They were suppose be where the Dems was going to make some gains.

Now expect all sorts of crazy voter suppression bullshit laws leading up to 2016.

Diablos

This is a wave election.

Hillary is going to have an uphill battle in 2016. The Democratic brand is soiled. Partly due to right-wing lunacy but also because of Democrats completely losing the plot and losing all the campaigning prowess they had since 2006.

pigeon

Banned
I literally said "wait, Jerry Brown was up for reelection?" today.

This was the least noticeable California election day ever.

Diablos

so when do Dems learn not to run away from the successes of your president?
Never. Democrats played right back into the stereotype that made them so loathed pre-Obama and 2006 wave: They have no spine. They can't project confidence. Their message is disjointed.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more

This image about sums it up:

qs45ylX.gif

EDIT:

Hoorah! I feel like him and Metamorphine together could lead to pages and pages and pages of really fun conversation.

Wouldn't be the first time, Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom