• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
I wasn't sure if I was the only one thinking that. I loathe Ted Cruz though... I thought it was just my own bias.

I think it's because we usually only see a narrow range of emotion from Trump's typical performances and appearances. So when he goes outside of that range, it's a little bit more impactful.

Kinda like how a comedy changing tone to deliver a big, dramatic moment can be many times more impactful than a drama delivering a dramatic moment. It's a great device, so long as it isn't over-used.

Trump's 9/11 response was good in spirit but in delivery it was just blathering in classic Trump fashion. I can't think of any portion that could be used as an excerpt or highlight, can you?

Yeah, I was waiting for him to wrap up that 9/11 answer with something like "If what I saw from the people of Manhattan after 9/11 is New York values, then I'm proud to have New York values." It never quite coalesced into something that makes a good soundbite, even though that was the spirit of his answer.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Trump's 9/11 response was good in spirit but in specifics it was just blathering in classic Trump fashion. I can't think of any portion that could be used as an excerpt or highlight, can you?

No, the wording could definitely have been done better but the tone was absolutely perfect. Cruz will never hit him with that attack again for fear of Trump getting that response 100% right. Even at 75% it's a killer.

Trump's 9/11 response was good in spirit but in delivery it was just blathering in classic Trump fashion. I can't think of any portion that could be used as an excerpt or highlight, can you?

No, anything else would have been too heavy handed. It was a measured response, and it actually made a few people I'm watching with say he was right. That was a beautiful exchange. It really was.

I agree on Donald's tone, I just mean, it never really went anywhere. He never summed it up with a more all-encompassing "we're all Americans" kind of thing, he just kept talking about 9/11 related visual imagery.

I agree on Donald's tone, I just mean, it never really went anywhere. He never summed it up with a more all-encompassing "we're all Americans" kind of thing, he just kept talking about 9/11 related visual imagery.

In terms of a GOP primary, that works. Rural GOP voters don't want to be told they're the same as those godless liberals. It was good strategy to just hit him with 9/11, tell him it was a disgusting statement, and let it burn. Anything else is just too much.

Also, Jeb! is done. Completely. For now and in the future.

About half of the 200 or so people at the Bernie organizing meeting in St Paul tonight had never caucused before. Bernie is generating a lot of new people into the fray. Average age was probably around 40-45. Some young, some old....lots of middle age people. Lady next to me, 65 said she caucused for Kerry in 04...didnt say anything about 08.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Trump actually gave a better version of the NY values response to MSNBC yesterday. I'm shocked cruz's team didn't get the tape of that so they could prepare.

Makai

Trump actually gave a better version of the NY values response to MSNBC yesterday. I'm shocked cruz's team didn't get the tape of that so they could prepare.
I'm also surprised Trump didn't improve his answer by saying that Fox News is from Manhattan.

About half of the 200 or so people at the Bernie organizing meeting in St Paul tonight had never caucused before. Bernie is generating a lot of new people into the fray. Average age was probably around 40-45. Some young, some old....lots of middle age people. Lady next to me, 65 said she caucused for Kerry in 04...didnt say anything about 08.
Why wasn't I invited

Is Bernie still mad that I unsubscribed from his mailing list. Because I did that for everyone

ivysaur12

Banned
Trump and Cruz came out really well. Rubio got killed at some key moments and could not explain the VAT tax well at all. Christie did okay for what he's doing, but I don't think he'll make enough of a dent.

I...... really think it'll be Trump and Cruz in the end.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Rubio and Cruz tearing each other apart as trump sits back and laughs.

Let me guess, DWS got the coveted airtime against the NFL playoffs? ;)

As opposed to all the people who would have watched an MSNBC debate on a Thursday night with NBA and NHL games on? The Dem debates have been performing like garbage whether it was the weeknight debate on CNN or the weekend debates on national TV.

HylianTom

Banned
Rubio and Cruz tearing each other apart as trump sits back and laughs.

That's what I'm guessing.

If the race goes from Trump-vs-Rubio-vs-Cruz to Trump-vs-NonTrump, the bitterness between the two NonTrumps doesn't help in unifying to prevent Trump.

So.. let them fight. This is a perfect storm for Trump.

Excellent, excellent (assuming that met or exceeded the expected numbers).

And more concrete evidence that Bernie's support is ageless (reminds of that young lass that donated her [post=190499564]birthday money[/post] to Bernie's campaign) :).

Rubio got the shit kicked out of him tonight and "our rights don't come from government, they come from God" made me retroactively enjoy him getting his head slammed in a toilet repeatedly.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So QQ: What are the odds the shameful nonsense going down in Flint, Michigan gets the Governor booted out?

With a republican-controlled state Congress?

LOL zero.

Daniel B·;192246638 said:
Excellent, excellent (assuming that met or exceeded the expected numbers).

And more concrete evidence that Bernie's support is ageless (reminds of that young lass that donated her [post=190499564]birthday money[/post] to Bernie's campaign) :).

Think 300 RSVPed. Tough to get a count. Room was packed. Many extra chairs brought in. People standing. Dont think the room could hold the RSVP limit of 400.

That lady said she wanted Warren for VP. She was unsure if she would caucus though...which was the entire focus of the event...that and getting people to phonebank-door knock.

I mentioned Jerry Brown as an intriguing VP choice, Bernie will look younger I said. She said her husband supported him back in the day.

A lot of people...30-40 signed up to host phonebanks at their house.

There's 4 Bernie offices in MN. Another 2-3 to come soon. St Paul, Bloomington, St Cloud, and Rochester! Minneapolis is coming. Think Duluth as well.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You claimed it. Then KK claimed it. KK said you let him take it.

You also claimed Iowa on the 28th.

Right, Kitty's got it. It slipped my mind. No, he had claimed it, we all forgot, then I said I wanted it and he reminded us it's his.

Think 300 RSVPed. Tough to get a count. Room was packed. Many extra chairs brought in. People standing. Dont think the room could hold the RSVP limit of 400.

That lady said she wanted Warren for VP. She was unsure if she would caucus though...which was the entire focus of the event...that and getting people to phonebank-door knock.

I mentioned Jerry Brown as an intriguing VP choice, Bernie will look younger I said. She said her husband supported him back in the day.

A lot of people...30-40 signed up to host phonebanks at their house.

There's 4 Bernie offices in MN. Another 2-3 to come soon. St Paul, Bloomington, St Cloud, and somewhere else...Edina I think. Minneapolis is coming. Think Duluth as well.

You can't run 75 and 78 year olds

I can't believe that Chris Christie has survived Bridgegate and the liberal things he's done in the past to become the Establishment candidate. With Rubio getting smashed atomically, the GOP has to now rely on Chris Christie... They have to rely on Chris Christie!

I can't believe that Chris Christie has survived Bridgegate and the liberal things he's done in the past to become the Establishment candidate. With Rubio getting smashed atomically, the GOP has to now rely on Chris Christie... They have to rely on Chris Christie!

Can he really be the establishment candidate when he's dead outside of one state? Rubio (and even Bush) at least have some semblance of a national presence.

Like I keep saying in the debate thread, Neil Cavuto totally carried the water for Christie the entire debate, like even giving him the answers in the question itself. I found that very strange. Didn't happen in previous debates at all. I think the establishment is fed up with Rubio's failure to take off and they're setting their sights on Christie. I wouldn't be surprised if the donors start flocking towards him.

Rubenov

He isn't, no way. They may reduce money flows and some may not vote, but Christie clearly has no chance.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Like I keep saying in the debate thread, Neil Cavuto totally carried the water for Christie the entire debate, like even giving him the answers in the question itself. I found that very strange. Didn't happen in previous debates at all. I think the establishment is fed up with Rubio's failure to take off and they're setting their sights on Christie. I wouldn't be surprised if the donors start flocking towards him.

I think that's exactly what's happened, but combine that with them hoping Cruz and Trump would take each other out (they did seem to want the two to fight until after the NY values answer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom