• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm a little worried that Trump will win Iowa and then everyone drops out, making jokes impossible. That's why I'm doing Game of Thrones next since everyone is dead.

Good thinking, that was actually my plan for the Iowa and Super Tuesday threads for the exact same reason. :lol

Trump is Cersei

No Smash? :(

If he wants to use it he can swap with me and take the next debate and I'll take his.

Makai

I'll swap with you so you can do it while you've still got a big cast. Take the next one and I'll grab the one you were going to do after Iowa.
Oh, I would save Smash for one of the later debates. Gotta get the story-driven themes in while there's still a political narrative. Cast size is no problem because I always include the dropouts. Melee and Megaman 1-3 actually have the perfect number of characters to match the two primaries. I'm definitely doing Game of Thrones next, whether I do Iowa or New Hampshire.

Jeb is Samwell Tarly

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh, I would do Smash for one of the later debates. Gotta get the story-driven themes in while there's still a political narrative. Case size is no problem because I always include the dropouts. I'm definitely doing Game of Thrones next, whether I do Iowa or New Hampshire.

Jeb is Samwell Tarly

I just figured you'd want to get smash in early. Guess I'll have to go to plan B for the Iowa primary thread and do Secret Wars.

Too bad, that Trump quote about Ivanka would be perfect.

Makai

8 January 28, 2016- Makai
9 February 13, 2016- b-dubs
10. February 26, 2016- Makai
11. March 2016--Makai
12 Mar. 10, 2016- Makai

This schedule is missing a debate. B-Dubs has the one before New Hampshire.

7 - Jan 28 Fox News - Makai
8 - Feb 6 ABC News - B-Dubs
9 - Feb 13 CBS News - Makai
10 - Feb 26 NBC - Makai
11 - March 10 CNN - Makai
12 - March TBD Fox News - Makai

NeoXChaos

Update

Thread Assignment

Iowa Caucuses- b-dubs
New Hampshire Primary- A Human Becoming
Nevada Caucuses, South Carolina Primary- Wilsongt, NeoXChaos, b-dubs
Super Tuesday-b-dubs
Super Tuesday Part 2- TBD

*After Super Tuesday PoliGAF handles the rest of the primaries.

*Veepstakes is going to be in PoliGAF

2016 Republican National Convention-b-dubs
2016 Democratic National Convention- NeoXChaos

1st Presidential Debate-b-dubs
Vice Presidential Debate-Ebay Huckster
2nd Presidential Debate-
3rd Presidential Debate-

General Election 2016-Aaron Strife

Republican Debates

7 - Jan 28 Fox News - Makai
8 - Feb 6 ABC News - B-Dubs
9 - Feb 13 CBS News - Makai
10 - Feb 26 CNN - Makai
10 - March 10 CNN - Makai
11 - March TBD Fox News - Makai

Democratic Debates
February 4 MSNBC A Human Becoming
February 11 PBS-kingkitty
March 9 Univision/Washington Post kingkitty
March ?- NeoXChaos
April ?
May ?

thefro

Keep in mind for South Carolina/Nevada the schedule goes like this:

Feb 20: Nevada Democratic caucuses AND South Carolina Republican primary
Feb 23: Nevada Republican caucuses
Feb 27: South Carolina Democratic primary

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Keep in mind for South Carolina/Nevada the schedule goes like this:

Feb 20: Nevada Democratic caucuses AND South Carolina Republican primary
Feb 23: Nevada Republican caucuses
Feb 27: South Carolina Democratic primary

We should do a general thread for all of it then. No point in having three different threads for two states.

Wilsongt

sure. b-dubs will help us out.

Trump is Sephiroth?

Hm... I don't know. I'd think of him more as Emperor Palamecia.

Cruz is Kefka because he is demented.

Fiorina is... Ultimecia.

Carson would be chaos. Stuck in a loop.

Rubio would be something to do with water... leviathan or Sin.

Jeb would be a disappointment. So Necron. No introduction, no build up, no fanfare. Just there.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You want to combine the Democratic and Republican primaries into one general thread? I'm not sure that's the best idea.

That's what's going to e happening for Iowa and NH, given the schedule for SC and Nevada it makes sense to do it there as well. We can just update the OP and get a mod to update the title when the time comes.

NeoXChaos

That's what's going to e happening for Iowa and NH, given the schedule for SC and Nevada it makes sense to do it there as well. We can just update the OP and get a mod to update the title when the time comes.

we want the NV Caucuses and SC Primary in one thread?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Trump has a chance to win the general going by both the charisma theory and referendum theory. The only theory where he has no chance to win is the median voter theory, and the median voter theory seemed to do extremely poorly with exceptions ranging from Reagan to the Tea Party.

Maybe there are extremes where there are exceptions, and Trump may be exactly that with how extreme he is, but I don't feel super confident about that.

Personally, I feel referendum theory generally holds strongest, and as of right now I feel pretty good about the voter's referendum on Obama. I just hope that doesn't change over the next year.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
At least split them by party.

If we're gonna split it I would think we should do it by event, no reason to have 2 different threads covering the same night.

For example, I was thinking just one giant Iowa megathread for the whole night. People are going to be talking about both anyway so we may as well do it in one thread.

anything after Super Tuesday?

That I don't know.

NeoXChaos

NV and SC thread in one on that Saturday is fine. Just get mod to change the title on the following Tuesday and Saturday for the respective parties.

Holmes

Hm... I don't know. I'd think of him more as Emperor Palamecia.

Cruz is Kefka because he is demented.

Fiorina is... Ultimecia.

Carson would be chaos. Stuck in a loop.

Rubio would be something to do with water... leviathan or Sin.

Jeb would be a disappointment. So Necron. No introduction, no build up, no fanfare. Just there.
Actually, Trump is Sin because they are both YUGE, ugly, disgusting creatures that are unstoppable. The only one who can stop him is Hillary (Yuna).

Actually, Trump is Sin because they are both YUGE, ugly, disgusting creatures that are unstoppable. The only one who can stop him is Hillary (Yuna).

So you saying that Sanders/Tidus needs to die for the greater good?

(I think that was what happened. I dont remember. Was too damn long ago and my english at the time wasnt exactly stellar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom