• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a soft no on Tatum. He's not on my list. (Top of my list is Stephen Amell, Tom Ellis and Robert Gant.) When it comes to Track...I have a think for rednecks. It comes from growing up in central Florida. Gimme a guy in jeans and a truck, and I'm good.

Or cargos and a Volvo. Boardshorts and a bicycle.....

Alive. Basically alive.

What about khakis? Cause I know someone who is decent looking and having sleepovers and loves khakis?

Is there a chance this could hurt Trump?

These are my in laws, who also live in Virginia:

Mother in law: Extremely conservative, says she will NEVER vote for Trump. If Trump is the nominee she will likely stay home. Says Palin's endorsement does nothing to change that

Father in law: Independent with liberal leanings. Voted for Obama twice, but doesn't really like Hillary. Has been intrigued by Trump, wanted to see him live. Thinks Palin is the dumbest person on the planet and makes him less likely to vote Trump.

Remember, you can't pick your in laws...

You are disgusting to even suggest it. I am appalled.

So you do have standards.. :)

I was honestly shocked you didn't guess who I was talking about.

But.. Someone said Palin is not going to be the VP. And with the recaps I read.. I wish they were wrong.. There is no way that he picks her.. I mean. Is there?

lool my husband is a big Niners fan and is a Harbaugh stan.

Fuck Jed York.. Fuck him. He made Michigan happy again. They don't deserve it.

HylianTom

Banned
Lol

the man of your dreams Adam. :)

I found one man that you wouldn't even entertain. See Adam, you do have standards :)

Okay, I'm laughing at that one.

I purposely watch his games just so that I can see him "dance" on the sidelines.
4JCINXy.gif

===

And here's one reaction thread from FreeRepublic. Pretty divided. Some people want to see Sarah as the Secretary of Energy in Trump's administration.
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3385831/posts

So you do have standards.. :)

I was honestly shocked you didn't guess who I was talking about.

But.. Someone said Palin is not going to be the VP. And with the recaps I read.. I wish they were wrong.. There is no way that he picks her.. I mean. Is there?

He has no chance in the general, so it doesn't matter who he picks for VP. There's 100% chance he knows this, so why not pick her? She makes him look sane and rational by contrast.

Trump does not believe that he has no chance. I do think he knows that Palin is less than useless. He's going to run his campaign like a business. He gets the nod, he takes this seriously.

Okay, I'm laughing at that one.

I purposely watch his games just so that I can see him "dance" on the sidelines.
4JCINXy.gif

===

And here's one reaction thread from FreeRepublic. Pretty divided. Some people want to see Sarah as the Secretary of Energy in Trump's administration.
http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3385831/posts

I swear.. If someone were to come out when he's dead and say the man was on the Autism Spectrum like they do Jefferson and other examples. I would not be shocked.

He.. Is really unorthodox.

He has no chance in the general, so it doesn't matter who he picks for VP. There's 100% chance he knows this, so why not pick her? She makes him look sane and rational by contrast.

That's true.

I never thought it would be possible that someone could make him look like the most stable person.

Trump does not believe that he has no chance. I do think he knows that Palin is less than useless. He's going to run his campaign like a business. He gets the nod, he takes this seriously.

If he's going to pick a woman for a VP it's going to be that wretched Nikki Haley.

NeoXChaos

Not surprising.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/sanders-iowa-2016-strategy-hole-217997

The reason is related to worries that, despite strong top-line polling numbers, the Vermont senator’s support is disproportionately concentrated in a few college-oriented counties. Thanks to the mechanics of the complicated Democratic delegate selection process – which limits the number of delegates awarded in each precinct, regardless of turnout – that’s not an insignificant problem.

According to an analysis provided to the Des Moines Register by Iowa pollster Ann Selzer, 27 percent of Sanders’ backers are located in just three central and eastern Iowa counties (Black Hawk, Johnson, and Story) though those places make up just 21 percent of likely Democratic caucus participants.
“There are only so many delegates that are going to come out of Johnson County, so if he wins by a little or by a lot, he could end up with the same number of delegates,” explained Selzer on Tuesday, referring to the home of the University of Iowa. “My speculation, upon hearing he’s in Fort Dodge heading to Underwood, is that there are a lot of delegates out in Western Iowa, so he needs to convince some Democrats who aren’t used to caucusing to get out."

In some respects, the Sanders forces have been playing a game of catch-up for months. Clinton’s team had 28 organizing staffers in Iowa on the day she launched her campaign in April, and it had identified backers in each of the state’s 1,600-plus districts by June.

There is no point in making a proeminent figure your VP when you've already got their support in such a public manner. What political capital they could transfer is already yours. This is even more relevant when the potential VP isn't a minority.

If he was gon' make her VP, that was going to happen today. It hasn't, so he won't.

PBY

Banned
There is no point in making a proeminent figure your VP when you've already got their support in such a public manner. What political capital they could transfer is already yours. This is even more relevant when the potential VP isn't a minority.

If he was gon' make her VP, that was going to happen today. It hasn't, so he won't.

I wonder if Trump is just gonna pick a latino woman.

I don't think he picks anyone with political ambition. I also don't think anyone who wants to be a viable candidate for anything in the future will tie themselves to Trump. It's going to be another outsider, or someone who has been out of politics a while. If they've been out a while, they're going to have foreign policy experience. Maybe.

Then again, it's Trump. Honestly, he'll probably just pick someone that made him laugh one time.

PBY

Banned
I don't think he picks anyone with political ambition. I also don't think anyone who wants to be a viable candidate for anything in the future will tie themselves to Trump. It's going to be another outsider, or someone who has been out of politics a while. If they've been out a while, they're going to have foreign policy experience. Maybe.

Then again, it's Trump. Honestly, he'll probably just pick someone that made him laugh one time.
Trump isn't not savvy. I think he'll pick strategically. Or somewhat so.

Like I think he looks at how he polls w Latinos and thinks- yo I gotta get a Latino.

I still believe he is the least worst option on the GOP side. I mean, that's like saying I'd rather get hit by a semi than a tank. I'm not signing up for either. At least he wears his racism on his sleeve. He doesn't hide it.

How very dare you. He brought out a BIBLE. He said that The Bible is even better than "The Art of the Deal." DO you not understand how good that book was?

Yeah, especially that Two Corinthians.

Why not Susana Martinez?

Why not Mia Love?

If he's going to pick a woman for a VP it's going to be that wretched Nikki Haley.

Haley's response to the SOTU is almost an antithesis to what Trump believes in. I can't see him picking her for the VP seat. Haley will be, at best, the 2020 version of Rubio. At worse, 2020 version of Jindal.

NeoXChaos

So in essence, it's potentially kind of like the electoral college where its better to shoot for broad, shallow support rather than deep, narrower support in places where getting more of the vote doesn't actually translate into any advantage?

Democratic caucuses are quite undemocratic. Each precinct is apportioned a number of delegates based on Democratic turnout in the past two elections. It’s like an electoral college at a micro level.

This means turnout doesn’t matter. If a precinct is supposed to have five delegates to the county convention, it doesn’t matter if eight people show up to the Democratic caucus or 800. The precinct is still only getting five delegates. (Precincts elect people to the county convention, which elects people to the district convention, which elects people to the state convention.)

After attendees show up to a Democratic caucus, they are divided into preference groups based on candidates whom they support. Bernie Sanders supporters will stand in one area, Hillary Clinton supporters in another. Once everyone is separated, there is a first count of how many supporters each candidate has.

To be viable in each precinct, a candidate usually needs to receive the support of 15% of those who attend, although in some small rural precincts, the threshold is higher.

If a candidate’s support is under that threshold, his or her supporters need to induce others to join their group in order to reach 15%. If they are unsuccessful in doing so, their candidate is not considered viable and they can either go home or support a candidate who is viable instead. There is then a second count of supporters for each candidate and, from those totals, delegates are assigned.

This means that if Democratic candidates are polling under 15% statewide on caucus night, they could significantly underperform compared to their polling

noshten

Maryland(Gonzales Research):

Clinton 40,
Sanders 27,
O'Malley 5,

New Hampshire(ARG):

Sanders 49,
Clinton 43,
O'Malley 3,

(CNN/WMUR):

Sanders 60,
Clinton 33,