• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So basically the Jed Bartlet strategy. At least this confirms that Rubio watches more than just football!

Except that Bartlet won NH since he was the governor there, he didn't need to campaign there so he could spend the money someplace else. Rubio doesn't have that advantage.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
"Right-winging, bitter-clinging, PROUD clingers of our guns, our God, and our religions, and our Constitution"... I think we may have an early contender for the next OT title.

"Right-winging, bitter clinging, PROUD clingers of our waifus, our Gainax and our VNs and our Akira"

Fuchsdh

It'd be a body blow. Winning NH would be game over.

Do you really think Sanders will give up that easily, though? Ron Paul didn't throw in the towel until June '08, and I can't see Sanders or Sanders supporters conceding with the early primaries, even if they are his best shots.

I told myself I was going to stop posting in OT political threads until the election (or at least the primaries) are over with. I'm not doing well here.

Do you really think Sanders will give up that easily, though? Ron Paul didn't throw in the towel until June '08, and I can't see Sanders or Sanders supporters conceding with the early primaries, even if they are his best shots.

He will stay in until it is mathematically impossible for him to win. Then probably a bit after that too.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

New Hampshire is basically his best bet at a victory before Vermont. Demographically, regionally, the fact it allows independents to vote, everything lines up for him there. If he can't win with every advantage then it's over. He may not drop out at that time, but there's no spinning a New Hampshire loss.

Bowdz

I really can't wait to wake up to the announcement that the FBI cleared Clinton on everything.

I am definitely eager to see the FBI's findings. If they come down hard on her, I will certainly factor that into my view of Hillary. That being said, if nothing is found, that really is the end of it.

I just hope that all of the Republicans that have argued that we need to pay attention to the ongoing FBI investigation acknowledge Hilldawg's innocence if they rule that she did nothing wrong. I know they won't, but I certainly hope the Clinton campaign sings their FBI found innocence from the rooftops if that is the case.

It'd be a body blow. Winning NH would be game over.

A few weeks ago, no. However, with the polls being a bit tighter, and Bernie actually trumpeting how close he's gotten in Iowa...ya, I think so. The narrative is now she won a competitive race as opposed to walking through Iowa on her way to the coronation. NH is going to mean nothing to the narrative when Bernie wins because we all know that's coming. Unless, of course, he managed to win it by like 20 points or something, which I don't think is going to happen. If she manages to string wins in NV and SC, on top of Iowa, it's definitely over. Super Tuesday is going to be gross for him. Really, really bad.

I think it would be effectively over if she wins Iowa. If she loses Iowa, it may be worse than a lot of people are willing to admit. For all the talk of a national ground game, nearly all her resources are deployed in the first 4 states, and a prolonged primary fight would be extremely costly and eventually get bloody. But, I think she wins in the end no matter what.

Big blow to Bernie. If she comes back with a surprise win in NH then its over no matter how his campaign spins it.

I see.. Thank you all. If somehow he wins NH.. What other states can he currently hope to win(besides Vermont of course)? As far as I recall it's Iowa and NH and then the electorate becomes more diverse and he's still not improved them by and large and these comments he made now certainly can't win him over more diverse support.

I told myself I was going to stop posting in OT political threads until the election (or at least the primaries) are over with. I'm not doing well here.

Just take a deep breath.. Let it go. I enjoy reading them though. It boggles the mind sometimes.

NeoXChaos

I am definitely eager to see the FBI's findings. If they come down hard on her, I will certainly factor that into my view of Hillary. That being said, if nothing is found, that really is the end of it.

I just hope that all of the Republicans that have argued that we need to pay attention to the ongoing FBI investigation acknowledge Hilldawg's innocence if they rule that she did nothing wrong. I know they won't, but I certainly hope the Clinton campaign sings their FBI found innocence from the rooftops if that is the case.

you know they would spin it as an Obama conspiracy.

Except that Bartlet won NH since he was the governor there, he didn't need to campaign there so he could spend the money someplace else. Rubio doesn't have that advantage.

I thought he lost NH? Hrmm....Yeah, they thought he was going to lose, but he did win. Nevermind then! Rubio's strategy is all around bad.

I see.. Thank you all. If somehow he wins NH.. What other states can he currently hope to win? As far as I recall it's Iowa and NH and then the electorate becomes more diverse and he's still not improved them by and large and these comments he made now certainly can't win him over more diverse support.

Just take a deep breath.. Let it go. I enjoy reading them though. It boggles the mind sometimes.

On Super Tuesday, Vermont is a given. Oklahoma is pretty white, so maybe there, Colorado or Minnesota.

I wouldn't give him good chances in any of these outside Vermont, but, demographically, they aren't going to be the devastation he's going to get in the rest of the SEC Primary.

Iolo

There's not really any reason for him to get out with millions of $ in the bank, since traditionally people drop out when they run out of money; even less so given the campaign's recent 'party is suppressing us' rhetoric. After all, delegates are proportionately allocated so a close loss may result in a nearly tied delegate count, at least until Super Tuesday. After March 15 is when he would check out if he's too far behind (if he cares about party unity); otherwise he could stay in until the convention, if his donors keep donating.

Of course you could argue the opposite, a loss for Hillary in Iowa may only put her back a small amount of delegates, so mathematically it's not immediately concerning. It's more about optics and the "gale force winds of punditry" that even a small loss there would unleash for Hillary.

See the Party does Decide, they just settled on Trump!

party don't care

PBY

Banned
I actually kinda agree sideways w/ Palin here.

People do come back FUCKED UP from war.

So hey GOP - lets try to not do that as much k.

NeoXChaos

I see.. Thank you all. If somehow he wins NH.. What other states can he currently hope to win? As far as I recall it's Iowa and NH and then the electorate becomes more diverse and he's still not improved them by and large and these comments he made now certainly can't win him over more diverse support.

If he loses IA and NH?

Vermont and that's probably it as far as "winning" goes. He would still do well and get delegates though.

Loses IA and win NH?

idk. any idea guys?

Nevada
South Carolina
Alabama
American Samoa
Arkansas
Colorado
Georgia
Massachusetts
Minnesota
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Texas
Vermont
Virginia
Louisiana
Nebraska
Kansas
Maine
Mississippi
Michigan
Florida
Illinois
Missouri
North Carolina
Ohio
Arizona
Idaho
Utah
Alaska
Hawaii
Washington
North Dakota
Wisconsin
Wyoming
New York
Maryland
Connecticut
Delaware
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
Indiana
Guam
West Virginia
Kentucky
Oregon
Virgin Islands
Puerto Rico
California
Montana
New Jersey
New Mexico
South Dakota
DC
Marianas

On Super Tuesday, Vermont is a given. Oklahoma is pretty white, so maybe there, Colorado or Minnesota.

I wouldn't give him good chances in any of these outside Vermont, but, demographically, they aren't going to be the devastation he's going to get in the rest of the SEC Primary.

SEC SEC SEC.. *pukes*

Gotta hear those dumb acronyms until next fall.. Damn Clempson.

If he loses IA and NH?

Vermont and that's probably it as far as "winning" goes. He would still do well and get delegates though.

Loses IA and win NH?

idk. any idea guys?

Nevada
South Carolina
Alabama
American Samoa
Arkansas
Colorado
Georgia
Massachusetts
Minnesota
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Texas
Vermont
Virginia
Louisiana
Nebraska
Kansas
Maine
Mississippi
Michigan
Florida
Illinois
Missouri
North Carolina
Ohio
Arizona
Idaho
Utah
Alaska
Hawaii
Washington
North Dakota
Wisconsin
Wyoming
New York
Maryland
Connecticut
Delaware
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
Indiana
Guam
West Virginia
Kentucky
Oregon
Virgin Islands
Puerto Rico
California
Montana
New Jersey
New Mexico
South Dakota
DC
Marianas

He can win them all.. The Revolution is real and that murderous $hillary will not stop it because she will be in prison.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Dibs on the Town Hall. I've already got the thread stuff saved up, I can just use the crap I didn't get to use the last time.

dramatis

For Palin's sake Neox make it nice.
Code:
Hillary		Obama		Hillary 16	???		Bernie
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*		Alaska		*		Alaska		*
Arizona		*		*		Arizona		*
Arkansas	*		*		Arkansas	*
California	*		*		California	*
*		Colorado	*		Colorado	*
*		Connecticut	*		Connecticut	*
*		DC		*		DC		*
*		Delaware	*		Delaware	*
Florida		*		*		Florida		*
*		Georgia		*		Georgia		*
*		Hawaii		*		Hawaii		*
*		Idaho		*		Idaho		*
*		Illinois	*		Illinois	*
Indiana		*		*		Indiana		*
*		Iowa		*		Iowa		*
*		Kansas		*		Kansas		*
Kentucky	*		*		Kentucky	*
*		Louisiana	*		Louisiana	*
*		Maine		*		Maine		*
*		Maryland	*		Maryland	*
Massachusetts	*		*		Massachusetts	*
Michigan	*		*		Michigan	*
*		Minnesota	*		Minnesota	*
*		Mississippi	*		Mississippi	*
*		Missouri	*		Missouri	*
*		Montana		*		Montana		*
*		Nebraska	*		Nebraska	*
Nevada		*		*		Nevada		*
New Hampshire	*		*		New Hampshire	*
New Jersey	*		*		New Jersey	*
New Mexico	*		*		New Mexico	*
New York	*		*		New York	*
*		North Carolina	*		North Carolina	*
*		North Dakota	*		North Dakota	*
Ohio		*		*		Ohio		*
Oklahoma	*		*		Oklahoma	*
*		Oregon		*		Oregon		*
Pennsylvania	*		*		Pennsylvania	*
Rhode Island	*		*		Rhode Island	*
*		South Carolina	*		South Carolina	*
South Dakota	*		*		South Dakota	*
Tennessee	*		*		Tennessee	*
Texas		*		*		Texas		*
*		Utah		*		Utah		*
*		Vermont		*		Vermont		*
*		Virginia	*		Virginia	*
*		Washington	*		Washington	*
West Virginia	*		*		West Viriginia	*
*		Wisconsin	*		Wisconsin	*
*		Wyoming		*		Wyoming		*
Use plain Windows Notepad to help make your sort

Bowdz

you know they would spin it as an Obama conspiracy.

Of course, but it would be an enormous opportunity for the Democrats to hammer the GOP with because the right wing is absolutely CONVINCED that the evidence shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that Hillary outright broke the law. Having the FBI as evidence contrary to that will go a long way to blunting the right's argument towards independents.

Teggy

"I think it's a tough situation. I think it's really sad," Trump said on "Fox and Friends" when asked about the lack of black nominees.

He then mentioned Fox News contributor Stacey Dash's earlier comments on the show, where she said, "If we don’t want segregation then we need to get rid of channels like BET and the BET Awards and the [NAACP] Image Awards, where you are only awarded if you are black."

"I saw someone on your show today saying, ‘Well, what do we do with BET, Black Entertainment?’ Right?" Trump asked on "Fox and Friends." "The whites don’t get any nominations."

"And I thought it was an amazing interview actually. I never even thought of it from that standpoint," Trump continued.

Not sure if Dash or Trump sound worse here. Both are clueless. (BTW, that pun/whatever was not intended when I wrote that)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Not sure if Dash or Trump sound worse here. Both are clueless. (BTW, that pun/whatever was not intended when I wrote that)

cher-driving-test-clueless.gif

If he loses IA and NH?

Loses IA and win NH?

idk. any idea guys?

Nevada
South Carolina
Alabama
American Samoa
Arkansas
Colorado
Georgia
Massachusetts
Minnesota
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Texas
Vermont
Virginia
Louisiana
Nebraska
Kansas
Maine
Mississippi
Michigan
Florida
Illinois
Missouri
North Carolina
Ohio
Arizona
Idaho
Utah
Alaska
Hawaii
Washington
North Dakota
Wisconsin
Wyoming
New York
Maryland
Connecticut
Delaware
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
Indiana
Guam
West Virginia
Kentucky
Oregon
Virgin Islands
Puerto Rico
California
Montana
New Jersey
New Mexico
South Dakota
DC
Marianas

Bold = Bernie
Not bold = Hillary

That would be my guess.

sangreal

Seems like the Hillary email that was flagged was about drones.

so same as the last one

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-exclusive-top-secret-clinton-emails-drone-talk-071308584--election.html

August 14, 2015

The drone exchange, the officials said, begins with a copy of a news article about the CIA drone program that targets terrorists in Pakistan and elsewhere. While that program is technically top secret, it is well-known and often reported on. Former CIA director Leon Panetta and Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, have openly discussed it.

The copy makes reference to classified information, and a Clinton adviser follows up by dancing around a top secret in a way that could possibly be inferred as confirmation, the officials said. Several people, however, described this claim as tenuous.

and that was just discussion of a public article. wonder what bs gossip note they dredged up this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom