• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hilarious seeing Cruz's fellow GOPers hate him. He gets what he deserves.

Also, I totally get it.

Cruz is not just an asshole, he's an unrelenting asshole. He is impossible to bargain with. He makes no deals. It's his way or no way.

trump, on the other hand, has spent his entire life bargaining and making deals. Trump does not argue or demand he get everything he wants every time. Trump isn't a real conservative but you can work with him. Cuz is completely impossible to deal with.

Remember is school there was always that one person who was really bright and had to make sure that everyone knew they were bright. And on group projects you had to do it their way no matter what? That's Cruz.

Everyone who knows him hates him. Even people who agree with him! And they don't just hate who is he, they hate how he operates. You can't get around that.

Honestly, I could see the GOP trying to primary him in the not too distant future.

LOL
And Hillary has about half of them, ergo half the total delegates she needs.

I think this will be wrapped up by Super Tuesday, on both sides.
whether Hillary wraps up the nomination by then is going to be independent of her superdelegate total, because if Sanders actually puts up more of a fight than expected (especially if he's actually ahead somehow) it's not like she's going to maintain that lead

Um.

CZRMp1fW0AA0uxb.jpg:large

he was born under Single Payer Health Care in Canada but done goofed renouncing his Canadian Citizenship

It's too late for that. At this point the only opportunity left to stop Trump is the convention. If he sweeps the states through South Carolina then it's over.

I don't even see how that is possible unless Cruz collapses. With Trump and Cruz as the top two delegate earners the party has no chance in hell of brokering a convention in a way they'd like.

Bernie up in Iowa 51-43 according to latest CNN-ORC poll.

Hillary's whole case is negative attacks which aren't even true. Her entire campaign should be fired. Very weak strategy. We are in the information age.

How can two polls be so completely opposite with regards to Democratic polling, between Emerson and CNN?

Black Mamba, Pigeon, please unskew the polls for me?

Edit: Emerson poll looks horrible from cursory look: telephone, 5.9% moe, 271 LV sample size

How can two polls be so completely opposite with regards to Democratic polling, between Emerson and CNN?

Edit: Emerson poll looks horrible from cursory look: telephone, 5.9% moe, 271 LV sample size

There's no real reason to even bother because the Iowa Cacus won't be determined by overall vote.

thefro

CNN poll is the same yuuuge margin of error

CNN/ORC surveyed 2,002 Iowa adults by telephone Jan. 15 to Jan. 20, including 266 likely Republican presidential caucus-goers and 280 likely Democratic presidential caucus-goers. Both party samples have a margin of error of plus or minus six percentage points.

Also to CNN poll according to Silver:

Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538 7m7 minutes ago
A lot of differences in these polls are based on how tightly polls are screening voters. Looser screens help Bernie & Trump.

For instance, the CNN poll implies a turnout of about 320K in the Iowa GOP caucus, versus ~120K in 2012.

NeoXChaos

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 10m10 minutes ago Washington, DC
CNN has a net-49 point gender gap on the Democratic side, appears to show men as half of electorate, or slightly more (won't happen)

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 9m9 minutes ago Washington, DC
(In 2008, exit polls had women as 57% of the Iowa caucus electorate)

Harry Enten ‏@ForecasterEnten 6m6 minutes ago
Playing off @nate_cohn, the CNN poll suggests males make up 53% of the IA Dem caucus electorate. They were *43%* in 2008.

Iolo

Also to CNN poll according to Silver:

320K estimated GOP turnout?! The previous record was 250K --- for Obama. WTF?

What are their estimates for Dem turnout then?

... seriously, if Hillary leads 55-38% among 2008 caucusgoers, they must be predicting another 100,000 people to turnout over 2008. That seems like madness.

daveweigelVerified account
‏@daveweigel
Jeb! reminds crowd that his dad and brother have been president. "I've seen how it's done the right way and how it's done the wrong way."

still the worst campaigner I've ever seen...

NeoXChaos

Ariel Edwards-Levy ‏@aedwardslevy 30m30 minutes ago
Live-caller IA Dem polling since 1/1:
CNN Sanders +8
Qpac Sanders +5
ARG Sanders +3
Selzer Clinton +2
Marist Clinton +3

Greg Sargent ‏@ThePlumLineGS 33m33 minutes ago
Area neutral reporters unleash tweetstorm about poll showing Bernie up, ignore poll showing Hillary up

The clintonsplaining about the CNN poll is amazing.

Maybe the same level of scrutiny should be held with the Monmouth/KBUR one?

I am delightfully enjoying the establishment dems melting down.

teiresias

Good Bernie numbers. Hopefully he pulls it off and can start dismantling Planned Parenthood and the HRC, those absolutely horrible organizations that have done nothing but pander to the status quo.

I love the pro Bernie crowd around campus. They think I am an easy target because of my Make America Great Again hat but they come to realize that their participation ribbon upbringing has left those unsatisfied, they just want to have victories.

Kyosaiga

Banned
Don't Bernie supporters remember what happened with Obama when he tried to pass moderate legislation?

Like why would Beenie be different? It'll just be a repeat of 2010 in 2018 where Bernie supporters will feel "betrayed" because they have shit knowledge of how politics in the U.S. Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom