• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It feels like a weird comment for the campaign to make. "We have momentum now, so we don't want another debate." generally translates to "We think that debates will probably do more harm than good to our candidate."

The "conditions" feel like they're simply a ploy to avoid the one being discussed right now. The DNC isn't going to agree to them, and O'Malley probably isn't even going to be running by then. And they know this.

They're probably hoping O'Malley will stay in longer and eventually go negative so they won't have to.

In December 2007 the early signs of a wave of new voters coming to the caucuses for Barack Obama were seen when Democrats set their all-time caucus attendance record. Back then, 8 of the 39 counties in Iowa that had at least 3,000 registered Democrats saw voter registration increases from the previous December.

This year, there is a lot of talk of a wave of new voters coming to shatter the all-time Republican caucus attendance record. However, of the 62 counties in Iowa that have at least 3,000 registered Republicans, only 3 of them have more Republicans now than last January. And two of them, Linn and Hamilton, have only increased by a COMBINED 327 total voters.

Translation: Team Trump better have the best GOTV caucus night operation known to man.
https://www.facebook.com/stevedeace/posts/535103176669726

Getting more and more confident with saying Trump is going to lose by 5% or more.

Which they would follow up with; "We have already committed to events all around the country, and backing out of them for a few surprise debates would mean people would miss out on the chance to attend the events already planned."
I'm not really talking about whatever statements from campaigns can get put out. More the easily readable subtexts of these comments and moves.

The flip side is the Clinton campaign's "Happy for more debates now." in the context of the current environment pretty clearly translate into "We're not doing as well as we thought in these early primaries and but we're pretty confident that she'll do well enough in a debate to act as a circuit breaker."

danm999

https://www.facebook.com/stevedeace/posts/535103176669726

Getting more and more confident with saying Trump is going to lose by 5% or more.

It's interesting because I was wondering today exactly what the Trump vote ends up looking like. For instance is he really creating new voters or just throwing a bunch of red meat to the existing base.

There's been a lot of talk about how he "just" needs to increase the white vote by 5%.

I don't buy the theory that more turnout helps Trump. More turnout is usually associated with younger people which would help Bernie and I really really doubt young people are signing up to vote for Trump. If anything, these are all disaffected white suburban and rural people that held their nose while voting for Mittens combined with Santorum freaks and your garden variety casual racists.

Trump simply consolidated everyone's voteshare, is all.

Iolo

I wouldnt discard Martin so easily. O´Malleymentum is actually a thing:

https://twitter.com/DrakeUniversity/status/692531017354252289

This is what you call a silent (and thirsty) majority.

9l4CBMf.jpg

Kyosaiga

Banned
Two wealthy families that have poured millions into super PACs supporting Sen. Ted Cruz's presidential bid sought to increase the pressure on Donald Trump to debate him one-on-one, saying Wednesday night that they would give $1.5 million to veterans' charities if Trump agreed to the showdown.

Hahahaha it just keeps getting better

I don't buy the theory that more turnout helps Trump. More turnout is usually associated with younger people which would help Bernie and I really really doubt young people are signing up to vote for Trump. If anything, these are all disaffected white suburban and rural people that held their nose while voting for Mittens combined with Santorum freaks and your garden variety casual racists.

The other thing GOPers (willfully?) overlook: you can increase the total white turnout but a good deal of it will be centralized in states that are going red regardless. Specifically the south. If they want to use this strategy...good luck, especially with Trump.

Polling usually shows older men as Trump's strongest demographic with youth being less favorable of him.

The other thing GOPers (willfully?) overlook: you can increase the total white turnout but a good deal of it will be centralized in states that are going red regardless. Specifically the south. If they want to use this strategy...good luck, especially with Trump.
He was speaking strictly about the Iowa caucus.

What else would they cover instead? They can't broadcast the debate. I thought it was obvious almost every non-Fox News station would be showing the event.

Yeah, I'd expect all the other cable news networks to show at least part of his event. And you'll get clips of it on every network news channel along side the debate highlights. Did people expect Trump of all people to not draw coverage?

Jim Acosta at Donald Trump rally just now:

"Real visceral reaction in favor of Donald Trump and against Fox News"

"Covering politics for so long, it was really strange to see conservatives cheering against Fox News"

Also report from attendees who say it doesn't change their opinion of him

Kristen Holmes ‏@KristenhCNN 5h5 hours ago

Crowd in Gilbert, SC waiting for Donald Trump. Supporters tell CNN they don't think skipping debate will hurt him.

i've watched a few Trump rallies on MSNBC, Matthews doesn't seem to mind letting putting it on :p

His speech in Burlington, VT was on MSNBC--we watched it at the bar I was at down the street. Their coverage was terrible though, they only played like 15 minutes of him talking then spent the next hour and 15 switching between the protesters outside and a bunch of nobodies at VPB.

I have a fellow gay friend who wants to date me and supports Trump.

Guuuuuuurl...

If someone wanted to date me and was going to caucus for Hitler, I'd let them hit it and quit it. Seriously I have no standards. I'm so damn thirsty, I put Rubio to shame. Hell, I'd wear a Trump wig or whatever would seal the deal. But only if he agrees to fulfill my Al Gore lockbox fantasy....which isn't as kinky as it sounds, unfortunately.

If any of you find my integrity, please send it back to me.

Bowdz

If someone wanted to date me and was going to caucus for Hitler, I'd let them hit it and quit it. Seriously I have no standards. I'm so damn thirsty, I put Rubio to shame. Hell, I'd wear a Trump wig or whatever would seal the deal.

Lmao, Adam you're fucking awesome bro.

If someone wanted to date me and was going to caucus for Hitler, I'd let them hit it and quit it. Seriously I have no standards. I'm so damn thirsty, I put Rubio to shame. Hell, I'd wear a Trump wig or whatever would seal the deal. But only if he agrees to fulfill my Al Gore lockbox fantasy....which isn't as kinky as it sounds, unfortunately.

Now we talked about this.. We have proven that you do have standards Adam.. Unless you have decided to start wearing blue and yellow with khakis and I didn't know it.

Holmes

You really need to hose down that crotch, friend.

Now we talked about this.. We have proven that you do have standards Adam.. Unless you have decided to start wearing blue and yellow with khakis and I didn't know it.

I mean, those aren't standards, really. I refuse to date outside my species.

You really need to hose down that crotch, friend.

I tried, but then I started thinking about firemen...and it all went to hell in a hand basket. Well, maybe not hell....more like Provincetown in a hand basket....or, at the very least, Key West.

Wilsongt

If he's good looking, you can always paper bag it and never speak of it after you get off and leave.

Damn. I am not that thirsty, but he is handsome and a super nice guy. As long as we don't talk politics, we're fine.

Is it just my imagination or does Trump seems to take accusations of being sexist x10,000 worse than being called racist. He gets SOOO pissed at that. But when people call him racist he's just like "eh"

User1608

Banned
I guess I won't be watching Trump's little event. Frankly I'm fine with that, I have too little dignity left to waste my time on something as vile as him.

Damn. I am not that thirsty, but he is handsome and a super nice guy. As long as we don't talk politics, we're fine.

When I was younger, maybe 14 or so, I had a huge crush on my mom's best friend's son. He was, like, 18 and just....amazing. He raced cars, and drove a big ass truck. He invited me to go to a young Republicans meeting. And I went. Five times. Each time, I was dying inside a little bit.

My mom and dad found the whole thing hilarious, because I was never good at hiding how I felt about someone. Of course, my dad sat me down and had a talk. He let me know that he absolutely, unequivocally loved me. That I was his son, and nothing would ever change that. No matter what choices I made in life, he would always love me. But, there were a few things he didn't want being brought into his home. Republicanism was one of them. .

Wilsongt

When I was younger, maybe 14 or so, I had a huge crush on my mom's best friend's son. He was, like, 18 and just....amazing. He raced cars, and drove a big ass truck. He invited me to go to a young Republicans meeting. And I went. Five times. Each time, I was dying inside a little bit.

My mom and dad found the whole thing hilarious, because I was never good at hiding how I felt about someone. Of course, my dad sat me down and had a talk. He let me know that he absolutely, unequivocally loved me. That I was his son, and nothing would ever change that. No matter what choices I made in life, he would always love me. But, there were a few things he didn't want being brought into his home. Republicanism was one of them. .

If he was a redneck, I'd probably be all over it too. Long as he had at least 22+ teeth.

If he was a redneck, I'd probably be all over it too. Long as he had at least 22+ teeth.

EXACTLY. Thank you. Yes, total redneck. He's also now a firefighter after having been a Marine. So....ya. Clearly, I have a very specific type. He's also a Trump supporter, according to his Facebook page.

Not that I randomly like check on his page or anything. I'm not that obsessed...a.lthough he and his wife did go to Olive Garden last night.

Pryce

My god; and here I thought I've been thirsty in the past, lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom