• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoXChaos

Aww I was hoping to claim that thread as it's going to be held at my alma mater. :(

really? then you can do it. kingkitty can just take the next one. I put my name for that extra March D debate.

Update

Thread Assignment

Iowa Caucuses- b-dubs
New Hampshire Primary- A Human Becoming
Nevada Caucuses, South Carolina Primary- Wilsongt, NeoXChaos,
Super Tuesday-b-dubs
Super Tuesday Part 2- TBD

*After Super Tuesday PoliGAF handles the rest of the primaries.

*Veepstakes is going to be in PoliGAF

2016 Republican National Convention-b-dubs
2016 Democratic National Convention- NeoXChaos

1st Presidential Debate-b-dubs
Vice Presidential Debate-Ebay Huckster
2nd Presidential Debate-
3rd Presidential Debate-

General Election 2016-Aaron Strife

Republican Debates

7 - Jan 28 Fox News - Makai
8 - Feb 6 ABC News - B-Dubs
9 - Feb 13 CBS News - Makai
10 - Feb 26 CNN - Makai
10 - March 10 CNN - Makai
11 - March TBD Fox News - Makai

Democratic Debates
February 4 MSNBC A Human Becoming
February 11 PBS-kingkitty
March 9 Univision/Washington Post kingkitty
March ?- NeoXChaos
April ?
May ?

HylianTom

Banned
Someone should forward him the enthusiasm numbers in these recent polls
If Hillary is indeed the nominee, it's going to be really really weird seeing the disconnect between the loud folks online who didn't pick her and the political reality on the ground, in the voting booths.

In an odd way, it reminds me of the "I don't know how Nixon won. I don't know anyone who voted for him" phenomenon.

Newsom apparently is filthier than the floor at a brothel.

I know he was (is?) a cokehead, but other than that I don't know of anything that would really bite him in the ass. Matt Gonzalez is a friend of an elderly artist neighbor in my building that we both have been helping and I've always wanted to ask him about Gavin.

Four more Democratic debates really feels like overkill when it's a two horse race (Sorry, Marty). I wonder if they'll proceed even when O'Malley drops out within the next week or so and if the delegate count gets insurmountable.

When did Trump become a conservative?

Why are people like Hannity who call themselves conservatives all of a sudden decided that Trump is a conservative when he has demonstrated he's the opposite? Because he promises stuff that he can never deliver?

Measley

When did Trump become a conservative?

Why are people like Hannity who call themselves conservatives all of a sudden decided that Trump is a conservative when he has demonstrated he's the opposite? Because he promises stuff that he can never deliver?

Right Wing radio support the GOP front runner/nominee no matter what.

Its like clockwork.

Right Wing radio support the GOP front runner/nominee no matter what.

Its like clockwork.
They never supported Romney like that and he was a RINO, Trump was straight-up registered democrat, it's crazy, he says a bunch of irresponsible crazy shit and nobody would call him out on it.

I take back anything bad I've ever said about Bernie Sanders, BernBros, #FeelintheBern, Reddit politics.....

We're all in this together, brahs and brahlettes.

So not thirsty at the moment.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
They never supported Romney like that and he was a RINO, Trump was straight-up registered democrat, it's crazy, he says a bunch of irresponsible crazy shit and nobody would call him out on it.

They did, actually. Limbaugh bragged for months about how he wouldn't carry the GOPs water because they were going to choose Romney, then when theyndid he went right back to supporting him.

HylianTom

Banned
I take back anything bad I've ever said about Bernie Sanders, BernBros, #FeelintheBern, Reddit politics.....

We're all in this together, brahs and brahlettes.

So not thirsty at the moment.

tumblr_inline_mo3b78gaIT1qz4rgp.gif

=}

To relax, I'm watching an old SNL VHS tape: Sigourney Weaver in 1986 - back when the cast changed over to Phil Hartman, Jan Hooks, Dana Carvey, etc. The 12th season was the start of something amazing.

Somewhat appropriate for the night before Iowa caucuses: Church Chat was the first sketch after the monologue.
episode-1-pictured-sigourney-weaver-as-zuul-dana-carvey-as-chuch-lady-picture-id141166817

(Weaver reprises her role as Zuul to visit the Church Lady)

Was this posted?

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...his-field-organizer-roots-for-final-iowa-push

77k doors knocked this weekend for Sanders, 125k for Clinton. Enthusiasm gap.

Yes, but only the doors that don't belong to the corporate oligarchs actually count. So, she probably had people knock on like...5 or 6 doors tops.

tumblr_inline_mo3b78gaIT1qz4rgp.gif

=}

To relax, I'm watching an old SNL VHS tape: Sigourney Weaver in 1986 - back when the cast changed over to Phil Hartman, Jan Hooks, Dana Carvey, etc. The 12th season was the start of something amazing.

Somewhat appropriate for the night before Iowa caucuses: Church Chat was the first sketch after the monologue.

There was no hay involved..... :p

Ya'll got some dirty ass minds assuming I compromised my Christianity. All I said was that I wasn't thirsty no more. Had me one of them Big Gulps.

I also got me a drink at the 7-11.

tumblr_n1xb8repb81qcluu2o2_250.gif

I wonder if some of Bernie's internals aren't living up to his campaign's expectations. They were really pushing the momentum narrative hard going into this last week. It's an obvious strategy, regardless of what the numbers happen to be. The double edge sword, though, is that if he doesn't win it makes Hillary's win look better and his loss look worse.

Also Haim Saban and his wife donated $3 million to Hillary's SuperPAC

tumblr_mkc7umdbof1s1popdo1_400.gif

Sippy Cupp never has anything intelligent to say anyway.
i still like seeing her on bill maher though
Those glasses and impressive jawline though. I would love to show her some compassionate Christian conservatism.

Someone needs to tell Politico "Why Bernie Sanders is obsessed with 17 year olds" is not a good title.

Iolo

Jeff Weaver, the Sanders campaign manager, is spreading serious FUD about Clinton bringing people out of state to be precinct captains. This is something every campaign does.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/sanders-campaign-cites-alarming-signs-clinton-020552922.html

Weaver’s concern is based on what he described as an “alarming” letter received by a voter named Dennis Clifford in Hawarden, Iowa. Although Clifford is a Sanders supporter, the letter, from a Clinton campaign office in Sioux City, urged him to caucus for Clinton and identified a non-resident as his local precinct captain. That would not actually be prohibited, but Weaver, who admitted he wasn’t familiar with the rules, claimed it indicated the Clinton campaign is “infiltrating the caucuses with out-of-state paid staffers.”

It does not bode well for your campaign manager to be unfamiliar with the rules.

It does not bode well for your campaign manager to be unfamiliar with the rules.

Scary and sad. I still weep over how poorly trained Hillary's 08 caucus people were.

Bernie's Campaign has been trying to float as many things as possible to excuse away a possible Bernie loss. It's not a good look.

Has anyone with a legit polling company come up with predictions for delegate allocations? I would love to see that.

Hexa

When we elected a black man

Nah. He was actually pretty positive about Obama well into 2010. It was in 2011 that he jumped on the birther train.

In 2009:

Trump added, “the fact that he accomplished what he has—in one year and against great odds—is truly phenomenal.”
Trump also wrote he thought Obama “has the mark of a strong leader” and said Obama’s comments on the economy “have led me to believe that he understands how the economy works on a comprehensive level.”

He also stated he thought Obama has “a wonderful personality” and was “somebody that people trust.”
“I think that he’s really doing a nice job in terms of representation of this country,” said Trump. “And he represents such a large part of the country.”
“I think he’s doing a really good job,” he concluded.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczy...hink-hes-doing-a-really-good-jobhe#.qxjxrDzZM

Nah. He was actually pretty positive about Obama well into 2010. It was in 2011 that he jumped on the birther train.

In 2009:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczy...hink-hes-doing-a-really-good-jobhe#.qxjxrDzZM

How has no one hit him with this yet? Seriously, it writes itself. I'm sure there has to be video out there somewhere. I mean, it probably wouldn't hurt him....no one can. Why hasn't anyone tried, though? Does no one's campaign (other than Bernie's, I assume) know what Buzzfeed is?

danm999

How has no one hit him with this yet? Seriously, it writes itself. I'm sure there has to be video out there somewhere. I mean, it probably wouldn't hurt him....no one can. Why hasn't anyone tried, though? Does no one's campaign (other than Bernie's, I assume) know what Buzzfeed is?

My guess is that this was amongst Megyn Kelly's clips.

Hexa

He was very strongly associated with being a birther. Any attacks along those lines would fail hard. I don't think its that unreasonable to think that may have been one of the main reasons he jumped on that considering he started publicly mulling being president around the same time.

HylianTom

Banned
Scary and sad. I still weep over how poorly trained Hillary's 08 caucus people were.

Bernie's Campaign has been trying to float as many things as possible to excuse away a possible Bernie loss. It's not a good look.

Has anyone with a legit polling company come up with predictions for delegate allocations? I would love to see that.

I haven't seen anything of the sort, but if Selzer's estimate of 27% of Bernie's voters being concentrated in three college towns is accurate, he has quite a hill to climb.

I was talking about this tonight. We were wondering what Trump's motivation was to get into this race. I think it's ego, definitely. However, when you hear him "speak" (Because that's not really a speech, it's just a circle jerk of ideological insanity) he really seems to think that he's making a difference. Half of me believes he really does want to make this country great again. I mean, he's so fucking wrong it's disgusting, but I don't think this is 100% ego driven.

Isn't Trump's main excuse that he was doing business in NYC, so he said liberal shit he didn't really believe in order to be on good terms with people? By saying the whole game is rigged, and he knows because he's played it, he's basically ensured that nothing contradictory he's ever said or done can REALLY be used against him, because he can just play it off as "the game" or whatever.

I wonder if some of Bernie's internals aren't living up to his campaign's expectations. They were really pushing the momentum narrative hard going into this last week. It's an obvious strategy, regardless of what the numbers happen to be. The double edge sword, though, is that if he doesn't win it makes Hillary's win look better and his loss look worse.

Also Haim Saban and his wife donated $3 million to Hillary's SuperPAC

tumblr_mkc7umdbof1s1popdo1_400.gif

Regardless of how awesome the person is, I thought most of us are against superpacs even if they are used for "good."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom