• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

This shall not last, though. :(

Pfft, do I seem like a dude who'd kill a homie? Give em a mat and let them meditate their hostilities away. <3

I'll never trust somebody that won't smoke a joint with me. Sorry.

Nah just kidding. In some ways it's inspiring for somebody to find their innerpeace without the supplement of drugs.

Fuchsdh

Didn't see it posted, but the This American Life episode is mostly about Trump: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/578/i-thought-i-knew-you

Probably the biggest takeaway is yeah, there are a bunch of Trump supporters who are only for Trump, and don't really care about splitting the party because they never liked it much anyhow.

Also makes you feel really bad for the conservative talk show host, feeling like his fellow evangelicals are abandoning Jesus' teaching for Muslim-hating anger.

Iolo

I bring the ruckus to the caucus

That should be Hilary's tag line.

It was a dark night, pitch black. October 26, 19xx
Approximately 11:30 p.m., a GAF queen was born
Upon her arrival and rapid yaaaaas
Being exposed to the many dollars of the Wall streets
She has now realized what must be done
She must bring the caucus to all you mothafuckas

Foffy

Banned
I'll never trust somebody that won't smoke a joint with me. Sorry.

Nah just kidding. In some ways it's inspiring for somebody to find their innerpeace without the supplement of drugs.

Drugs are a way, too. We should be mindful of "no way as way," as Bruce Lee once said. Meditation merely avoids the potential valleys one call fall into with some drugs. It's like linking oneself to a rocket: you're launching somewhere.

Twerk it out, friend. Whatever helps you hit it.

NeoXChaos

CaJVYcOWIAAsQ1e.png

rjinaz

Drugs are a way, too. We should be mindful of "no way as way," as Bruce Lee once said. Meditation merely avoids the potential valleys one call fall into with some drugs. It's like linking oneself to a rocket: you're launching somewhere.

Twerk it out, friend. Whatever helps you hit it.

Good philosophy! I actually don't smoke lol, it's not legal in AZ. I was just joshin'. But I will drink and maybe some other stuff.

I agree. It's all about balance I always thought. What's important is not falling out of balance.

The importance of two states where presence of African Americans and Latinos is so low compared to rest of the country in the nomination process is ridiculous.

The calendar should change to have the first 4 states as:
Virginia
Florida
Nevada
Ohio

That would be something.

ivysaur12

Banned
The importance of two states where presence of African Americans and Latinos is so low compared to rest of the country in the nomination process is ridiculous.

The calendar should change to have the first 4 states as:
Virginia
Florida
Nevada
Ohio

That would be something.

My only problem with this is that, outside of Nevada, those are EXPENSIVE media markets. I'd rather Nevada go first, but I'd also rather we do away with caucuses entirely.

I'd have it go Nevada, Ohio, Illinois, Virginia.

Do you agree his campaign is dead if Hillary wins? He needed to win both since Hillary is way ahead in virtually every post-NH state.

Even if he wins Iowa his campaign remains not so viable due to his poor numbers with minorities. Sanders winning Iowa would be a good way of pressuring Clinton into compromises, but thats pretty much it.

Anyway...

Sen. Bernie Sanders is dominating the conversation among Iowans on Facebook in the hours leading up to the caucuses, according to data shared by the social networking site.
Sanders has captured 42.4 percent of the conversation among Iowans on Facebook from midnight CST to noon on Tuesday, Facebook reports. That's more than Donald Trump, who has a 21.7 percent share of the conversation. Next comes Hillary Clinton at 13.1 percent, followed by Ted Cruz, who has 10.7 percent of the conversation.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/iowa-...ie-sanders-facebook-iowa-218540#ixzz3ywroJPQR

Voting through facebook should be a thing tbh

HylianTom

Banned
For all we know Bernie will win tonight. Its close enough in all honesty. As long as Trump wins NOTHING about the Dem race will bring me down.
Now, here's a question: if you could guarantee one outcome tonight, would you rather:
A) Trump wins
B) Hillary wins

As far as the effect of a loss goes, it'll take some air out of the claims of "revolution." Tonight is proof of concept time. If Bernie can pull it off, I'll be very very impressed.

And oh goody.. Joe and Mika are back on. Ugh.

Cheebo

Banned
Now, here's a question: if you could guarantee one outcome tonight, would you rather:
A) Trump wins
B) Hillary wins

As far as the effect of a loss goes, it'll take some air out of the claims of "revolution." Tonight is proof of concept time. If Bernie can pull it off, I'll be very very impressed.

And oh goody.. Joe and Mika are back on. Ugh.

I just want to avoid Rubio sneaking in. That's #1. I need Trump to steamroll to make sure of it.

Wilsongt

Oh boy. Just read about Phil Robinson's gay marriage tirade at s Cruz event this weekend.

Jesus christ, man. He essentially suggested "getting rid of" gay marriage supporters.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Yeah stopping Rubio is priority #1 unless he's going to give me a tax break. If he will, then it's stopping grandpa Bernie

HylianTom

Banned
I just want to avoid Rubio sneaking in. That's #1. I need Trump to steamroll to make sure of it.
Agree 100%.

And Trump just warned his crowd live on MSNBC (paraphrasing here):
"I hear there may be some people with tomatoes out there. If you see anyone getting ready to doooo anything, knock the crap out of 'em for me. I'll take care of the legal bills - I PROMISE."

I predict Trump will win by even larger margins than anticipated. I expect his caucus goers will win out by a war of attrition and blind stubbornness that frustrates everyone else into submission or simply walking out.

I think Bernie will just barely end up on top but expect it to be so close, that regardless of who ends up winning (and despite that candidates spin machine) the media optics will be: "the race is on". Coverage will begin to focus more on the Dem side of things after the initial GOP drop-out coverage (which will be gleefully apocalyptic).

Bernie supporter who fully expects him to get slaughtered on Super Tuesday.

I think Bernie will just barely end up on top but expect it to be so close, that regardless of who ends up winning (and despite that candidates spin machine) the media optics will be: "the race is on". Coverage will begin to focus more on the Dem side of things after the initial GOP drop-out coverage (which will be gleefully apocalyptic).

Bernie supporter who fully expects him to get slaughtered on Super Tuesday.

If bernie loses, the narrative will be that the race is on.
If bernie wins by a single freaking delegate, they'll run with the narrative that hills got crushed by the soviet underdog grandpa.

My predictions:

Hillary wins tonight by a comfortable margin with turnout numbers down significantly from 2008

Trump wins a close one over Cruz. Rubio is a distant third.

Both outcomes will have some big ramifications for the viability of Bernie's and POS Cruz's campaigns.

Do you agree his campaign is dead if Hillary wins? He needed to win both since Hillary is way ahead in virtually every post-NH state.

Dunno about dead but as I said in the caucus thread, a loss kills his entire political argument, which is that his "political revolution" can not only upset the establishment but also win the general election. It doesn't look like there will be a political revolution today, based on registration. And if he can't pull this off in a state with rules and demographics that benefit him, how can he do it elsewhere?

Yea he can win NH, but he needs two wins going into South Carolina...not one.

ACR0019

So among those who lean left, are you afraid of a Rubio/Haley ticket? Basically, you want a Trump victory so he'll get crushed in the general by Billary and Castro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom