• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makai

Ben Carson just retweeted this for some reason

CaLMEVRWkAApnTh.jpg:large

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I know now isn't the time for pragmatism but if you actually care about the place you live, then Rubio's surge means we're less likely to get a Cruz or Trump as a nominee. That's promising.

The amount of people who actually voted from Trump is pretty good really... I think he just terrified the anti-Trump Republicans to come out and vote against him. That's where the Rubio surge came from. A bunch of people going "anyone but Trump!" and Rubio was the the guy they knew about from the media.

GnawtyDog

Banned
I know now isn't the time for pragmatism but if you actually care about the place you live, then Rubio's surge means we're less likely to get a Cruz or Trump as a nominee. That's promising.

No it's not. Those two clowns will lose in the general. Rubio, now that's a legit threat.

PBY

Banned
But it likely means we'll have a neocon hawk as a president.
Which to me is worse considering how Congress looks.

Someone talk me out of my depression

I can't see any other way tonight isn't apocalyptic.

You're freaking out over 3rd place. There's almost 0 chance an Establishment candidate wasn't going to get at least 3rd. So you're freaking out over something that was going to inevitably happen.

This is how it fucking starts.

He's a tea party hawk

Tonight fucking sucks.

Actually is starts with normalizing far right ideas while shutting out the left from the national discuasion but since that's a fault that falls partially on the Democratic party no one wants to say it.

50% more people voted in the caucus tonight than the previous highest record ever. I can't see that as Trump being bad at turning out his voters. That seems more like Trump stirred up too much fear from the voters that disliked him.

Chichikov

Not only are ya'll losing your shit over the Iowa fucking caucus, you're losing your shit over Marco fucking Rubio.
Get a grip dammit.

LOL at the establishment gloating

You have NYT op ed peoples tweeting in all caps
Ross Douthat ‏@DouthatNYT 43m43 minutes ago
TRUMP HAD A CEILING HE ALWAYS HAD A CEILING I TOLD YOU HE HAD A CEILING I TOLD YOU I TOLD YOU I TOLD YOU YOU LAUGHED BUT I TOLD YOU

Reading this thread, one does wonder how you all reacted when santorum took it. Yall diablosing too hard.

Also yaaaas bern! Hills once again screwed up so grotesquely that she managed to let a grumpy ancient soviet jew running a campaign with the help of a bunch of mentally challenged twats nearly tie with her while she had every freaking advantage possible. Good going there, kween.

Now gimme my horse race narrative, lieberal media!

Drakeon

Reading this thread, one does wonder how you all reacted when santorum took it. Yall diablosing too hard.

Also yaaaas bern! Hills once again screwed up so grotesquely that she managed to let a grumpy ancient soviet jew running a campaign with the help of a bunch of mentally challenged twats nearly tie with her while she had every freaking advantage possible in the freaking book. Good goinh there, kween.

Romney was called as the winner on the night of Iowa. Not Santorum. It wasn't until like two weeks later that they changed that, but it didn't matter then.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Not only are ya'll losing your shit over the Iowa fucking caucus, you're losing your shit over Marco fucking Rubio.
Get a grip dammit.

Vs. Bernie in general? I'll probably emigrate to Europe in anticipation for defeat. A Rep. in the presidency with both the Senate and the House. It's the ultimate liberal betrayal for America.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Also yaaaas bern! Hills once again screwed up so grotesquely that she managed to let a grumpy ancient soviet jew running a campaign with the help of a bunch of mentally challenged twats nearly tie with her while she had every freaking advantage possible. Good going there, kween.

THE KWEEN floppedT HARD OMG

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. lol at people legit freaking out about Rubio instead of recognizing it means we're one minute further back from midnight on the doomsday clock. Calm yourselves.

2. Does MSNBC turn up the saturation to make Trump look as red as possible?

3. Holy shit he was seething.

PBY

Banned
You're freaking out over 3rd place. There's almost 0 chance an Establishment candidate wasn't going to get at least 3rd. So you're freaking out over something that was going to inevitably happen.

Actually is starts with normalizing far right ideas while shutting out the left from the national discuasion but since that's a fault that falls partially on the Democratic party no one wants to say it.
Naw the Establishment wasn't supposed to have this kind of night. And maybe the Dems have some blame in this, Trump and Cruz have shifted the narrative to a point where fucking MARCO RUBIO is a centrist candidate.

Teggy

Andrea Mitchell saying maybe Clinton campaign meant that with super delegates they can't lose total delegate count?

tmarg

I don't get all the Trump's finished talk. We all knew Iowa was filled with evangelicals who would lean Cruz, and Trump is going to do better in southern states.

Also, Bernie has done just well enough to keep him in the race, but not well enough to actually gain a shot at winning. The best possible outcome for progressives.

PBY

Banned
I don't get all the Trump's finished talk. We all knew Iowa was filled with evangelicals who would lean Cruz, and Trump is going to do better in southern states.

Also, Bernie has done just well enough to keep him in the race, but not well enough to actually gain a shot at winning. The best possible outcome for progressives.
It's the Trump loss combined with the Rubio surge and Jen no show.

Clinton is still the favorite but this a win for Sanders. It makes South Carolina crucial for both campaigns, which would have been the case even if he won. Next month is going to be crazy all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom