• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Republican primary it won't hurt but having a popular ex-governor of Florida endorse HRC would definitely help paint Trump as an extremist in the general election. If even a small % of independent voters are persuaded by that it would lock down Florida, and the election as a whole, for Clinton.

Is Jeb! that popular in Florida? He's currently polling fifth in state polls (which pretty much mirrors his performance nationally); he is WAY behind Trump. I can't imagine his endorsement is going to swing people on the fence to HRC over The Donald.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is Jeb! that popular in Florida? He's currently polling fifth in state polls (which pretty much mirrors his performance nationally); he is WAY behind Trump. I can't imagine his endorsement is going to swing people on the fence to HRC over The Donald.

No, but it'll make Trump look even more insane than he already is and give cover to sane Republicans to crossover.

In the Republican primary it won't hurt but having a popular ex-governor of Florida endorse HRC would definitely help paint Trump as an extremist in the general election. If even a small % of independent voters are persuaded by that it would lock down Florida, and the election as a whole, for Clinton.

He's not going to endorse Hillary lol.

Yeah Bush isn't going to endorse Hillary. If he made a stink about not endorsing Trump it would be in favor of a third party candidate or no one at all (and maybe private scuttlebutt about voting for Hillary but certainly nothing public)

watershed

Banned
Jeb isn't going to endorse Hillary. He would never do that unless he is is angling for a cabinet position. His family has produced 2 republican presidents. His threat is only that he won't endorse Trump, not that he will betray his own party.

oh ffs

Jeb's posture can be perfectly explained if you consider that the twat really, truly believes in his heart of hearts... that the polls are fucking wrong, he ain't polling at nowhere as low as sub 10%, and people will soon remember what the name Bush means in this fucking country.

tears of impotent rage: the candidate.

Wasn't he like the most liberal republican in the house at some point? Dude voted for DISCLOSE and to repeal Don't ask, don't tell if I'm remembering right.

I believe he was the sole republican vote in favor of the ACA in all of congress.

Beaten but yep, he represented New Orleans for a term before he was beaten in a landslide by an actual Democrat. He actually tried to get Obama to campaign for him to save his seat, lol.

Fiorina making shit up again. Doesn't really matter since she's done, but it's still funny how they got Gen. Keane himself to refute it.

STUART VARNEY (HOST): You heard it. Carly Fiorina, last night, mentioned General Jack Keane by name and guess who is here: Gen. Jack Keane. Alive and alert, and with us this morning. Did you in fact, general, give advice to President Obama, which he didn't want to hear and didn't take?

JACK KEANE: No, I have never spoken to the president. That's not accurate, and I never served this administration. I served the previous administration.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/12/16/fox-contributor-calls-out-carly-fiorinas-debate/207541

Fiorina making shit up again. Doesn't really matter since she's done, but it's still funny how they got Gen. Keane himself to refute it.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2015/12/16/fox-contributor-calls-out-carly-fiorinas-debate/207541

She also said that Petraeus and McChrystal were fired for telling the President some uncomfortable truths. Neither is true.

Petreaus resigned in the aftermath of an affair (as the head of the CIA, he recognized that a secret extramarital affair was a security risk).

McChrystal resigned following the publication of a RollingStone article, in which he was quoted badmouthing members of the administration, but not the president himself.

It's really weird listening to Fiorina just make things up.

Holmes

He voted for the original bill, voted against the final bill.

Remember, he was kinda-sorta completely hapharzardly elected to one of the most liberal seats in the country.
He got so much backlash for voting for that bill, he was pretty much bullied by Republican leadership into voting against the final bill.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

You beat me to it, but yes once again, another reason why I truly think Carly is the worst Republican candidate.

edit: Just to drive the point home even further:

Fiorina says she didn't misspeak in saying that Gen. Keane (who retired before Obama) had to retire early for disagreeing with Obama

https://twitter.com/JordynPhelps/status/677219586018820097

She also said that Petraeus and McChrystal were fired for telling the President some uncomfortable truths. Neither is true.

Petreaus resigned in the aftermath of an affair (as the head of the CIA, he recognized that a secret extramarital affair was a security risk).

McChrystal resigned following the publication of a RollingStone article, in which he was quoted badmouthing members of the administration, but not the president himself.

It's really weird listening to Fiorina just make things up.

It's hilarious that Fiorina was so adamant about Hillary allegedly exposing classified information yet apparently has no problem with Petreaus, who actually was convicted of exposing classified information.

kess

I thought the funniest thing about last night's debate was Fiorina's takedown of "freshmen junior senators" without mentioning that was the job she was running for six years ago.

Oblivion

That's awesome. I was gonna say look into Cobra if you were still having trouble, but that can be kinda expensive. Glad to hear it dude.

Thanks, dude. Yeah I was going to look into COBRA as well, but for my current situation, this works out much better.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Thanks, dude. Yeah I was going to look into COBRA as well, but for my current situation, this works out much better.

Yea, Cobra can be a bit pricey depending on what your old insurance was like. I'm going to be doing that starting in the new year as I don't have enough freelance income to qualify for the union with my new steady gig, but I'm lucky since it's just for one medication and the makers are reimbursing me so I only have to pay for a few months until the paperwork goes through and then it's free going forward. Fuck, the more I think about it the less fucking sense our system makes. We really need single payer.

Oh yes, thanks for your help. I signed up for Medicaid (thank GOD Allah I live in California).

I didn't post anything because it seemed to be taken care of, but heads up in Cali and I think in most states, you can apply for medicaid year round. Only the exchanges have an enrollment period.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I didn't post anything because it seemed to be taken care of, but heads up in Cali and I think in most states, you can apply for medicaid year round. Only the exchanges have an enrollment period.

Isn't there a hardship exemption for the exchanges though, like if you lost your job or something you can sign up outside the window.

Isn't there a hardship exemption for the exchanges though, like if you lost your job or something you can sign up outside the window.

Yeah also when you turn 27 or move and lose your coverage. I've been on medicaid in PA since September (thank you wolf!), thankfully I just accepted a new job in DC so that'll be that but it was really a relief to know that I didn't have to worry about paying for illness or injury while job searching. It's almost like having that benefit allowed me to be more productive, exercise and committed to my job search. Crazy how that works...

Oblivion

Yea, Cobra can be a bit pricey depending on what your old insurance was like. I'm going to be doing that starting in the new year as I don't have enough freelance income to qualify for the union with my new steady gig, but I'm lucky since it's just for one medication and the makers are reimbursing me so I only have to pay for a few months until the paperwork goes through and then it's free going forward. Fuck, the more I think about it the less fucking sense our system makes. We really need single payer.

Yeah, the system's better, but still a mess.

Yeah I saw that once I got on the Covered CA site, haha.

Wilsongt

Just read that the SC Legislature drafted up a a bill called The South Carolina Natural Marriage Defense Act.

These motherfuckers. Lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah also when you turn 27 or move and lose your coverage. I've been on medicaid in PA since September (thank you wolf!), thankfully I just accepted a new job in DC so that'll be that but it was really a relief to know that I didn't have to worry about paying for illness or injury while job searching. It's almost like having that benefit allowed me to be more productive, exercise and committed to my job search. Crazy how that works...

Wait, I thought you lost your coverage when you turned 26 and not 27. If it's 27 then that changes everything for me.

Just read that the SC Legislature drafted up a a bill called The South Carolina Natural Marriage Defense Act.

These motherfuckers. Lol
Lol

RhkRndn.jpg

Oblivion

Wait, I thought you lost your coverage when you turned 26 and not 27. If it's 27 then that changes everything for me.

Yeah, I figured (though was never 100% sure) the "up to 26 years of age" stipulation included being 26, not once you become 26.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, I figured (though was never 100% sure) the "up to 26 years of age" stipulation included being 26, not once you become 26.

I've planned everything around needing my own insurance once I turned 26, if I can stay on my folks til I'm 27 then that frees up a lot of options. Thinking about it, I'd still have taken this job but it takes a lot of the stress off if I don't really need it--I can afford rent without it, I just needed the cash for insurance.

The one good thing Kasich did in Ohio was expand Medicaid. Without it, there's a decent chance I could have died last year. Plus, I can get treatment for my chronic migraines, seizures and corneal degeneration. The fact that I feel lucky to get medical care that the rest of the developed world sees as routine is.....it just pisses me off. Had I had Medicaid five years ago, I wouldn't have become legally blind. But, hey, it's okay. I felt free as fuck as I, literally, watched (and felt) my vision go away.

So, last night....3/4 a bottle of vodka, three shots of Peanut Butter Vodka and like three of those "Not Your Dads Rootbeers" and I realized something. As bat shit racist and xenophoibc as he is, I genuinely believe Trump thinks a lot of what he says is a good idea. He's totally wrong, but I think he believes it.

I also commend Cruz for realizing, unlike Shrub! the Lesser that he need not go after Trump. Just make yourself the only not-Trump left and hope that works out for you.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So, last night....3/4 a bottle of vodka, three shots of Peanut Butter Vodka and like three of those "Not Your Dads Rootbeers" and I realized something. As bat shit racist and xenophoibc as he is, I genuinely believe Trump thinks a lot of what he says is a good idea. He's totally wrong, but I think he believes it.

Of course he does. That's his whole appeal to the GOP base. Well, that and the racism.

Of course he does. That's his whole appeal to the GOP base. Well, that and the racism.

But, see, that actually surprises me. Because, and maybe I'm just an idiot, I don't think Trump is completely stupid. He's mostly stupid, yes, but not entirely. This whole primary has played directly into Trump's hand. You couldn't script this. It's fun as hell to watch, even when I get sick to my stomach that any segment of our country is that stupid.

I've planned everything around needing my own insurance once I turned 26, if I can stay on my folks til I'm 27 then that frees up a lot of options. Thinking about it, I'd still have taken this job but it takes a lot of the stress off if I don't really need it--I can afford rent without it, I just needed the cash for insurance.

You lose your parent's insurance once you turn 26. I just turned 26 a couple months ago and had to switch to my work's insurance plan.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You lose your parent's insurance once you turn 26. I just turned 26 a couple months ago and had to switch to my work's insurance plan.

This is what I thought. Way to get my hopes up everyone.

But, see, that actually surprises me. Because, and maybe I'm just an idiot, I don't think Trump is completely stupid. He's mostly stupid, yes, but not entirely. This whole primary has played directly into Trump's hand. You couldn't script this. It's fun as hell to watch, even when I get sick to my stomach that any segment of our country is that stupid.

The one thing Trump is good at is playing the media. Like everyone that's interviewed him has a Trump story that shows this. There was an article just after he announced that was basically warning everyone that no matter what they write about him, Trump will turn it into a net positive somehow.

South Carolina, trying hard to take the crown from Mississippi.

On another note, I am doing something I really though I'd never do again online-- engage in abortion discussion. Ugh.

Oblivion

The one good thing Kasich did in Ohio was expand Medicaid. Without it, there's a decent chance I could have died last year. Plus, I can get treatment for my chronic migraines, seizures and corneal degeneration. The fact that I feel lucky to get medical care that the rest of the developed world sees as routine is.....it just pisses me off. Had I had Medicaid five years ago, I wouldn't have become legally blind. But, hey, it's okay. I felt free as fuck as I, literally, watched (and felt) my vision go away.

Holy fuck man, sorry to hear that. D:

How are you dealing with that?

Oh it is? Ugh, bummer.

ivysaur12

Banned
It's definitely once you turn 26, not once you turn 27. I believe the insurance laps at the end of the months, of if you turn 26 on the 2nd, your insurance goes until the 30/31st of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom