• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

On Wednesday, the San Bernardino shooting added to an already tragic lineup of gun violence this year that includes Charleston, South Carolina and Colorado Springs, Colorado, where just this week, a gunman killed three people at a Planned Parenthood Clinic.

As details of the latest tragedy continued to unfold, the market sell-off on Wednesday steepened amidst uncertainty about the motive in the San Bernardino shooting.

But one stock that continued to rise through much of Thursday and throughout gun-related violence headlines this year? Gunmaker Smith & Wesson (SWHC)—which clocked in over $500 million in sales last year—up 93% since January.

The company, which is a leading manufacturer of pistols, revolvers, tactical rifles, and black powder firearms, as well as hunting rifles, said in its latest conference call that strong sales are the result of increasing demand.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gunmaker-smith---wesson-up-almost-100--in-2015-202338996.html#

Latest Ipsos/Reuters Internet poll:

Circus:

Donald Trump 36%
Ben Carson 17%
Jeb Bush 11%
Ted Cruz 10%

Actual Candidates:

Hillary Clinton 51%
Bernie Sanders 36%
Martin O'Malley 4%

Wouldn't a better estimate include independent voters? In which case the numbers would be:

Donald Trump 30%
Ben Carson 14%
Jeb Bush 8%
Ted Cruz 7%

Hillary Clinton 43%
Bernie Sanders 30%
Martin O'Malley 4%

Diablos

Okay, the "Rubio is just a dumbass" theory is picking up steam:

CVZ3l1xUkAAE3-1.png

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rubio-ba...-dont-hear-anyone-talking-about-bomb-control/
How profound. Perhaps he should advocate for Chris Rock to be in a Rubio cabinet so he can push for what would really help: Bullet control! (NSFW)

$5,000 per bullet!

edit: I love the comments section; people actually think Chris Rock is seriously advocating for this. We are doomed

I suspect the black turnout for Hillary to be a little lower than you think. The Clintons talked some serious trash about Obama in 2008, and people don't forget. There are also younger people from or allied with the BLM crew who are not enthusiastic about any of the candidates, or who might be Killer Mike style Bernie stans.
BLM doesn't matter to a whole lot of black people who actually vote.

Do I expect black people to stand in line for 3 hours like they did for Obama in certain areas? Probably not. But turnout should be stable due to demographic shifts. And it's not like Hillary is a low energy candidate who doesn't inspire emotions from voters. She'll be fine.

In terms of the disrespect she showed Obama 8 years ago...given that Obama will be campaigning for her in 2016 I doubt that will matter.

Diablos

BLM doesn't matter to a whole lot of black people who actually vote.

Do I expect black people to stand in line for 3 hours like they did for Obama in certain areas? Probably not. But turnout should be stable due to demographic shifts. And it's not like Hillary is a low energy candidate who doesn't inspire emotions from voters. She'll be fine.

In terms of the disrespect she showed Obama 8 years ago...given that Obama will be campaigning for her in 2016 I doubt that will matter.
The Clintons and Obamas getting along on camera is all for show I think. They had such an extremely bitter and personal primary battle that it's hard to believe they'd be able to fully move on from that.

How many plants did the Clintons set up? Trump, Bush's whole ad team, Bernie's entire campaign staff, where does it end?
They've been planning this for (thirty) eight long humbling years. You think they were going to leave anything to chance after a first term senator fucked up their initial plans?

I'm waiting for election night when Trump reveals all in his concession speech and Hillary shouts "blue dress and impeach this motherfuckers", drops the mic and strolls into the White House.

that sounds like bad Ed Klein fanfic

ivysaur12

Banned
The Clintons and Obamas getting along on camera is all for show I think. They had such an extremely bitter and personal primary battle that it's hard to believe they'd be able to fully move on from that.

I think there are many people on Washington who are like that, but some are better than others at acting.

Maybe between Bill and Michelle, but I think there are some genuine feelings between Obama and Hillary. Obama sees her as similar to himself in terms of political drive, and Hillary surely must wish someone loved her like Obama loves Michelle.

pigeon

Banned
Maybe between Bill and Michelle, but I think there are some genuine feelings between Obama and Hillary. Obama sees her as similar to himself in terms of political drive, and Hillary surely must wish someone loved her like Obama loves Michelle.

Are you in reruns, or is this like a clip show?

It's a shame Rep. Gwen Graham, the only competent Dem in the entire state of Florida, was pushed out to a strongly Republican district because of the new congressional maps. Hopefully she stays relevant enough to run in 2018 and kill Rubio's career for good when he inevitably runs for governor.

Wilsongt

I eagerly await the next chapter of your Obama x Hillary ship fiction.

Maybe I'm not classy enough a person. But those look like wine glasses filled with water. Why?

It's just a stemmed glass, not a wine glass. Catered work events I go to always have them instead of normal glasses. It makes a boring work thing feel fancy.

What’s striking here is that it comes even as Obama’s approval on terrorism is down to 40 percent. As Post polling guru Scott Clement notes, the poll shows a sizable bloc of voters who disapprove of Obama on terrorism but nonetheless say they trust Clinton over her GOP rivals on the issue.

Americans are neocons at heart.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/12/clinton-trusted-on-terrorism-more-than-gopers.html

I guess this helps lower the possible risk of a GOP victory next year though.

Have y'all seen The Daily Show 2 part segment on Ted Cruz? He gets destroyed. Nobody likes that douchebag. I don't think his own family likes him. They had clips of him manufacturing shit with his fam for his campaign. Dude is a scumbag.

teiresias

It's just a stemmed glass, not a wine glass. Catered work events I go to always have them instead of normal glasses. It makes a boring work thing feel fancy.

That, and the bottom of a stemmed glass won't sweat while holding a cold beverage so you don't need coasters for everyone.

There's this NeoNazi+Trump supporter+#GamerGater on Twitter who has somehow not been suspended from Twitter despite sending threats and harassment to journalists for like 6 months now, Twitter is trash sometimes.

'Bomb the hell out of ISIS' pins being sold on way in to Trump rally- 1 for 5 dollars, 3 for 10 dollars

Make some money, Donald.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

Huh, you know, we should have laws making bombs illegal!

Oh wait, they can be considered arms, and covered by the second amendment.

Wait a minute.....

I'm confused, is he saying you can go out to Walmart and buy a pipebomb?

Hmm, pretty sure he's implying that since we can't prevent people from making homemade bombs, then there's no point in restricting guns either.

User1608

Banned
I need to read more HillBama from you.

OuterLimits

Kind of amazing that Trump has a 20 point lead according to the CNN poll. Reuters poll looks fairly similar except Cruz does better in CNN poll by quite a bit.

The CNN poll happened during all the back and forth between the media and Trump last weekend and early this week. Yet, he gained 9 points in the poll. Also this poll was right before the attacks 2 days ago, so honestly I wouldn't be surprised if his numbers would be a bit higher today.

I think the biggest thing about these polls are the results for individual issues. Trump destroys every Republican candidate on economy and immigration. He also leads on foreign policy but by a much smaller margin.

Some articles point out that Trump doesn't do as well with college degree voters. While that is true, he was still in 4th and within the margin of error of the leader Cruz. Trump is way ahead with those without a college degree.

As long as Trump continues to dominate on individual issues in these polls, he will be hard to beat in the primaries.

Also Christie is ahead of Jeb in the CNN poll. Jeb would be stuck in the kiddie debate if only this poll was used. Lol.

Kind of amazing that Trump has a 20 point lead according to the CNN poll. Reuters poll looks fairly similar except Cruz does better in CNN poll by quite a bit.

The CNN poll happened during all the back and forth between the media and Trump last weekend and early this week. Yet, he gained 9 points in the poll. Also this poll was right before the attacks 2 days ago, so honestly I wouldn't be surprised if his numbers would be a bit higher today.

I think the biggest thing about these polls are the results for individual issues. Trump destroys every Republican candidate on economy and immigration. He also leads on foreign policy but by a much smaller margin.

Some articles point out that Trump doesn't do as well with college degree voters. While that is true, he was still in 4th and within the margin of error of the leader Cruz. Trump is way ahead with those without a college degree.

As long as Trump continues to dominate on individual issues in these polls, he will be hard to beat in the primaries.

Also Christie is ahead of Jeb in the CNN poll. Jeb would be stuck in the kiddie debate if only this poll was used. Lol.

What will you do if he is the nominee?

OuterLimits

What will you do if he is the nominee?

Not sure. I would have to see how the general.election campaign plays out. Who Clinton and Trump pick as running mates and other things. I disagree with Clinton on many issues, so perhaps I would vote for some meaningless 3rd party candidate.

Makai

Not sure. I would have to see how the general.election campaign plays out. Who Clinton and Trump pick as running mates and other things. I disagree with Clinton on many issues, so perhaps I would vote for some meaningless 3rd party candidate.
Michael Bloomberg!

If Trump wins, nobody bears more responsibility for it than Jeb!

His arrogance is astounding. Dude should be out of the race, but instead he's going scorched earth.

Because yes, he's that fucking entitled.

Polls in December don't mean anything. The party decides. It's pretty amusing to hear all of that from Jeb's campaign.

Makai

If Trump wins, nobody bears more responsibility for it than Jeb!

His arrogance is astounding. Dude should be out of the race, but instead he's going scorched earth.

Because yes, he's that fucking entitled.
Hey, he's got the most endorsements. Maybe Rubio should drop out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom