• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Babies are well known liberals, they basically live on welfare handouts, never working for a living.

doesn't it ever tire you out to make posts like this. i am just from reading them
SAVTv7B.gif

to be completely clear because no one ever understands, the butt of the jibes is not my problem, it is the fact that you've only made the same joke at least a hundred times

count how many times a benji post mentions hillary and doesn't have something about her going to jail in it. and y'all know I don't like hillary!

I suspect the black turnout for Hillary to be a little lower than you think. The Clintons talked some serious trash about Obama in 2008, and people don't forget. There are also younger people from or allied with the BLM crew who are not enthusiastic about any of the candidates, or who might be Killer Mike style Bernie stans.
Her numbers among black people are extremely high. This is all very anecdotal on your part.

benjipwns

Banned
doesn't it ever tire you out to make posts like this. i am just from reading them
SAVTv7B.gif

to be completely clear because no one ever understands, the butt of the jibes is not my problem, it is the fact that you've only made the same joke at least a hundred times

count how many times a benji post mentions hillary and doesn't have something about her going to jail in it. and y'all know I don't like hillary!
it's anti-humor

Holmes

If Trump motivated the Latino vote to where 89% of Latinos voted for Hillary and there was 70% turnout (and everything else is unchanged), the Dems would win Texas, lmao.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-swing-the-election/

Will it happen? Probably not, but it's kind of interesting to think about.
Wow, so if Trump is the nominee, Democrats need to focus on turning out the latino and asian vote, and making sure black turnout is steady, and if Hillary can improve even slightly among white voters, it'll be a blow out. Don't think she would win Texas but it wouldn't be pretty.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
SAVTv7B.gif

Godlike

Ah, another day, another poorly written article from 538 about how polls don't count and Trump can't win.

How long before the backpedaling officially starts?

ivysaur12

Banned
Ah, another day, another poorly written article from 538 about how polls don't count and Trump can't win.

How long before the backpedaling officially starts?

Josh Barro has a good point about why Nate hasn't done that yet.

@jbarro
Probabilistically, you better defend your rep by insisting Trump is still illusory & hoping he loses than by admitting you missed the story.

@jbarro
Because we only ever see the final outcome, not the underlying probabilities of the outcomes.

@jbarro
And if he loses the nomination (which is still entirely likely!) nobody can prove the underlying odds of him getting it were 40% and not 5%.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Pretty much, but imagine if he does win it. Everyone will have egg on their faces, but Nate would look even worse due to the regard he's held in when it comes to elections. Either way whoever is right is going to be right due to luck. If Trump had the endorsements Bush or Rubio have then this wouldn't be a conversation, same with Rubio or Bush putting up Trump's numbers and having his ground game. There's just something freaky with this primary is all.

Makai

Pretty much, but imagine if he does win it. Everyone will have egg on their faces, but Nate would look even worse due to the regard he's held in when it comes to elections. Either way whoever is right is going to be right due to luck. If Trump had the endorsements Bush or Rubio have then this wouldn't be a conversation, same with Rubio or Bush putting up Trump's numbers and having his ground game. There's just something freaky with this primary is all.
I need to see some hard numbers on Trump's ground game vs other candidates. We just had that one article about Iowa a couple of months ago.

HylianTom

Banned
What a lot of "what about endorsements and party support?" people make pains to ignore is the idea that the GOP's voters, to put it extremely lightly, don't like their party's leaders and elected officials. Trump is wielding this dynamic as a weapon - almost as an anti-endorsement - and many refuse to believe their lying eyes.

In most other cycles, when the voters actually regard these officials with some degree of esteem, I'd take this kind of argument much more seriously. But we've had how many months now of polling showing that the voters simply are not warming-up to the party's preferred pick(s), no matter how many dire warnings of doom are issued, no matter what avenue or approach is taken?

Time is growing short for a turnaround in GOP voter sentiment. I wonder what folks'll be saying when we get past Christmas and the status of the race doesn't look much different.

rjinaz

I actually like that CNN debate ad for some reason. Human element or something I don 't know. Still can't believe they have 10 people in the debate and that one of them is Huckabee still.

This is just bizarre at this point. I get not wanting to go into full backpedal mode just yet, but doubling down on the idiocy is questionable.

The last anti trump article was poor, and this one isn't much better. Logical holes big enough to stuff Chris Christie in with room to spare.

2008 Christie.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I need to see some hard numbers on Trump's ground game vs other candidates. We just had that one article about Iowa a couple of months ago.

I don't think anyone has hard numbers on anyone's ground game, but there was one recently about NH where they mention him in passing. Basically he's putting Rubio to shame. The issue is no one's really reporting on it, I imagine we'll start seeing some more articles in January on how each of the candidates is fielding their ground games.

There's a market watch article from November 23rd that mentions his south Carolina organization. He apparently has heavy hitters there. Can't link it, on mobile at the moment.

SAVTv7B.gif

I try to skip benji posts and generally regret when I don't.

I don't think anyone has hard numbers on anyone's ground game, but there was one recently about NH where they mention him in passing. Basically he's putting Rubio to shame. The issue is no one's really reporting on it, I imagine we'll start seeing some more articles in January on how each of the candidates is fielding their ground games.

Jim Gilmore's organization probably puts Rubio to shame, let's be honest.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I remember reading Cruz had a better ground game than Trump

EDIT: I read this as Rubio.

This is what I found on Cruz

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/10/07/ted-cruz-amasses-ground-game-that-covers-every-county-in-four-states/?_r=0

No idea if it's better than Trump's or not, but I doubt it's better than Trump's Iowa game considering who is running it for him.

EDIT2: This is the most recent I could find on Trump

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-donald-trumps-ground-game-looks-in-early-states-2015-11-23

AndyD

aka andydumi
Huh, you know, we should have laws making bombs illegal!

Oh wait, they can be considered arms, and covered by the second amendment.

Wait a minute.....

I'm confused, is he saying you can go out to Walmart and buy a pipebomb?

Holmes

Mike Murphy, the Los Angeles-based ad man running Bush’s Right to Rise super PAC, isn’t about to leave the $75 million left in the group’s bank account unspent and is readying a 15-minute biographical film about Bush.

According to another source close to Right to Rise, Murphy has been floating another tactical shift to potential supporters, suggesting that he might spend the bulk of the $75 million to carpet bomb Rubio, Cruz, Carson, Christie—everyone but Trump. The thinking: making the race into a binary choice between Bush and Trump might be the only way a majority of primary voters go with Bush.
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/jeb-bush-donors-polls-216436#ixzz3tO43vznR[/

lol, Bush SuperPAC wants to attack everyone except Trump. I'm living.

This Murphy guy running Jeb's campaign sounds like another Clinton plant to me, seeded to destroy the campaign from within. Clintons will go to whatever lengths to destroy their enemies.

Makai

This Murphy guy running Jeb's campaign sounds like another Clinton plant to me, seeded to destroy the campaign from within. Clintons will go to whatever lengths to destroy their enemies.
Nah, Mike Murphy is famous. He's my favorite strategist because he always has a funny quip.

Bush's PAC is full of people that are trash at their jobs so I can't imagine these ads will have any effect unless they show Bush and Rubio promoting amnesty.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
LOL at Bloomberg "saving" the republican party. It's WAY too gone at this point. As we've seen in the last two elections, the moment a moderate statement is brought up the speaker gets booed into oblivion and ripped by conservative media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom