• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015-2016 |OT3| If someone named PhoenixDark leaves your party, call the cops

Status
Not open for further replies.
The final boss in Metal Gear Rising literally says "Make America Great Again"
I thought this was relevant.
Also his diabolical monologues aren't far from Republican/Libertarian talking points.
Apparently Kojima and Platinum could see the future.

Designed by Platinum, and probably written by them too.

Source: when he spoke, he didn't make you want to strangle the writer.

benjipwns

Banned
lol i take it you dont think Carly will make a comeback
Well, no, her boost was from beating up on the JV team and being a woman.

I'm just more absolutely disgusted* by her telling that story constantly. And I'm the most cynical, politicans are all shitbags out to do horrible things to us, person on here.

I literally cannot think of anything that has offended me rhetorically more in recent politics.

And the worst part is that all these fucking fact-checkers and media dopes won't even touch it. The Washington Post even wrote a sympathetic piece about it and her. But they were all over her secretary story which is only slightly embellished like anyone does with their job history.

Why can't that fascist Trump use of his lack of tact to annihilate her on this one subject? He ripped her to shreds over HP.

rargh! it almost makes me want to crush the state!

*okay, not really, i don't really care but i'm telling as many people as i can about that bullshit, so i credit myself for her poll collapse

benjipwns

Banned
Designed by Platinum, and probably written by them too.

Source: when he spoke, he didn't make you want to strangle the writer.
Script Writer Etsu Tamari

Script Supervisor Sean Eyestone

Radio / In‑game Script Etsu Tamari, Satoshi Hirano

Kojima's credit is Supervising Director which I assume means he looked at it every so often and went "yeah, sure, whatever."

Well, no, her boost was from beating up on the JV team and being a woman.

I

i have a feeling there woulda been an slight gop outrage at cnn if they didnt include her. lose lose situation i guess.

its funny though, the GOP have lots of talented female politicians even if i dont agree with all their views, and Fiorina being the only one that stepped up was kinda dissapointing

benjipwns

Banned
i have a feeling there woulda been an slight gop outrage at cnn if they didnt include her. lose lose situation i guess.

its funny though, the GOP have lots of talented female politicians even if i dont agree with all their views, and Fiorina being the only one that stepped up was kinda dissapointing
Many of the top tier GOP females (Nikki Haley as one example) are young enough they can punt until 2024.

Kelly Ayotte is 47, Haley is 43, Joni Ernst is 45, Mia Love is 40, Kristi Noem is 44, Martha Roby is 39, Elise Stefanik is 31. Hell, even Palin is only 51. Not saying these are good candidates, but they're reasonably popular in GOP circles and have plenty of time to bulk up the political resume more.

A lot of their "Presidential age" women aren't really good national Presidential level candidates, Mary Fallin, Susana Martinez, Jan Brewer, Lisa Murkowski, Shelley Moore Capito, Deb Fischer, etc.

Of course Debbie Wasserman Schultz is only 49. So her 2024 campaign will be a major threat.

John Edwards and his dead son were up there and very similar.
One I wasn't fond of was Edwards seemingly randomly bringing up Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter in their debate. After reviewing it not too long ago it wasn't as bad as I remember, but just the design of the tactic is somewhat crass.

Of course, Edwards turned out to be a real scumbag. And creeped out John Kerry of all people enough that he told campaign staff to keep him away.

That said, I wouldn't mind if we reverted to our old not-lying-to-ourselves ways of campaigning, which Trump is closer to, so I probably shouldn't complain about what's really minor things historically. And really, pretty tame.

Many of the top tier GOP females (Nikki Haley as one example) are young enough they can punt until 2024.

Kelly Ayotte is 47, Haley is 43, Joni Ernst is 45, Mia Love is 40, Kristi Noem is 44, Martha Roby is 39, Elise Stefanik is 31. Hell, even Palin is only 51. Not saying these are good candidates, but they're reasonably popular in GOP circles and have plenty of time to bulk up the political resume more.

A lot of their "Presidential age" women aren't really good national Presidential level candidates, Mary Fallin, Susana Martinez, Jan Brewer, Lisa Murkowski, Shelley Moore Capito, Deb Fischer, etc.

Of course Debbie Wasserman Schultz is only 49. So her 2024 campaign will be a major threat.

One I wasn't fond of was Edwards seemingly randomly bringing up Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter in their debate. After reviewing it not too long ago it wasn't as bad as I remember, but just the design of the tactic is somewhat crass.

Of course, Edwards turned out to be a real scumbag. And creeped out John Kerry of all people enough that he told campaign staff to keep him away.

That said, I wouldn't mind if we reverted to our old not-lying-to-ourselves ways of campaigning, which Trump is closer to, so I probably shouldn't complain about what's really minor things historically. And really, pretty tame.

if Debbie W runs for prez, Dems would not vote period

benjipwns

Banned
Biden endorsed!
455713418.jpg

With a book!

benjipwns

Banned
5.0 out of 5 starsHighly Recommended Reading
By Mindy Chmon October 16, 2013
Format: Kindle Edition
Insightful and thought-provoking, this book was a pleasure to read. Debbie's understanding of the political system in conjunction with her sincere desire to do what's best for the future of this country and our children emerge as the key to her success and provide what should be a strong foundation for all the leaders of our country. For The Next Generation will be a holiday gift to many of my family and friends this season.
Wow, Mindy really hates her family and friends.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wow, Sanders campaign BOMBSHELL. They are truly the untrustworthy and slimey ones. I would expect Hillary to hammer this home at the next debate, and perhaps she will even raise dagger-sharp points about encryption and web protocols that will be sure to captivate the lively audience at democratic debates. PRAISE HILLARY.

User 406

Banned

Thanks a lot assholes.

Now we're going to have even more unnecessary acrimony in the party. Not looking forward to all the screaming about how Sanders is corrupt and it was all a setup by Hillary and god please make everyone die democracy is stupid we're all idiot monkeys anyway pls save us benevolent AI zookeeper overlords

You think the establishment punishing an anti-establishment candidate would break a lot of anti-establishment supporters?

o_ô

It's one thing to be upset that the establishment is punishing your guy. It's another to completely ignore the fact that the Sanders campaign has taken responsibility for this and instead dive straight into conspiracy theory mode. It's kinda embarrassing.

The "goals justify the means to stopping Hillary" comment made me laugh though.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's one thing to be upset that the establishment is punishing your guy. It's another to completely ignore the fact that the Sanders campaign has taken responsibility for this and instead dive straight into conspiracy theory mode. It's kinda embarrassing.

From the beginning, I've said that Bernie supporters are following the exact same pattern as Ron Paul supporters. The similarities continue.

Cheebo

Banned
It's going to be conspiracy theory city when he loses. Will be lots of claims that he actually won the most votes but DNC stole the election and all that.

NeoXChaos

Maggie Haberman ‏@maggieNYT 1h1 hour ago
Sanders camp faults DNC. Sanders team fired its data director; four usernames associated w Sanders team ran searches while data was exposed

Oh really?

It's going to be conspiracy theory city when he loses. Will be lots of claims that he actually won the most votes but DNC stole the election and all that.

We knew Hillary was going to be the nominee years ago. Bernie stans should have always had their expectations in check but:

These are the ONLY posts in this thread that say this was a conspiracy, and they happened within the first 13 posts. Yet this thread is packed with dog piling at rabid Bernie fans for being out of control with their tinfoil hats. Way to shit up a thread guys.

I can't wait until the primaries are over. PoliGaf threads are so fucking embarrassing.

We get blamed for attacking Bernie stans for telling the honest assessment for the race.

In their view, Sanders camp did the right thing by contacting the appropriate parties and promptly firing the employee. They'll consider that that should've been enough. They'll see the additional punishment as unfair.

In the same way that idiots in the other camp will see the most vocal sanders supporters shouting conspiracy theories as cray cray and try to paint all sanders supporters as such.

Isn't exactly a stretch either way. Depends firmly on which flavor of confirmation bias your favor.

We get blamed for attacking Bernie stans for telling the honest assessment for the race.
Persecution complex from the favourite is never a good look, m8

Diablos

I wonder if Bernie will end up going third party. He gives the impression that he won't, but who knows?

His conversation with Killer Mike was pretty cool.

In their view, Sanders camp did the right thing by contacting the appropriate parties and promptly firing the employee. They'll consider that that should've been enough. They'll see the additional punishment as unfair.

In the same way that idiots in the other camp will see the most vocal sanders supporters shouting conspiracy theories as cray cray and try to paint all sanders supporters as such.

Isn't exactly a stretch either way. Depends firmly on which flavor of confirmation bias your favor.

I just don't see how firing a staffer could be seen as a punishment. I figure that's just something the campaign would want to do because that person is clearly untrustworthy and unfit for the job. No one forced the campaign to fire that staffer. As far as I'm concerned there was no additional punishment, just the punishment we're seeing reported today.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I just don't see how firing a staffer could be seen as a punishment. I figure that's just something the campaign would want to do because that person is clearly untrustworthy and unfit for the job. No one forced the campaign to fire that staffer. As far as I'm concerned there was no additional punishment, just the punishment we're seeing reported today.

Cutting off database access to the entire campaign going forward would be pretty damn harsh to me

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

They should be firing every staffer that accessed the data, not just that one guy. Jesus Christ, why does Bernie have such morons running his campaign? They just keep doing dumb shit.

Cutting off database access to the entire campaign going forward would be pretty damn harsh to me

Is it for the entire campaign? Reports made it seem like it was more of a temporary measure.

They should be firing every staffer that accessed the data, not just that one guy. Jesus Christ, why does Bernie have such morons running his campaign? They just keep doing dumb shit.

Agreed. It's unfortunate because Sanders himself is a great guy. There seems to be some disconnect between Sanders and his campaign staff.

And why did their initial statement label the fired staffer as low-level when he was their National Data Director? And why was someone that senior doing data searches in the first place? I can't tell if they're shady or just terrifyingly amateur.

That being said campaigns are basically fucked without VAN access. The DNC needs to reinstate it ASAP.

The moment in the debate where Wolf Blitzer asked Ben Carson about whose position he would take on NSA: Rubio or Cruz', and Ben responds with "well you gotta ask them. I'm out" is the nail on his coffin. Shit looked weak, pathetic and amateur. Other candidates would make any statement on surveillance and spying but this dude was asleep. Despite earlier complaining that he wasn't being asked questions. What a schlub.

Pack it up ben. Before 2016 you were a highly respected, genius American neurosurgeon. Now you're a flat footed nincompoop who accidentally separated conjoined twins.

The moment in the debate where Wolf Blitzer asked Ben Carson about whose position he would take on NSA: Rubio or Cruz', and Ben responds with "well you gotta ask them. I'm out" is the nail on his coffin. Shit looked weak, pathetic and amateur. Other candidates would make any statement on surveillance and spying but this dude was asleep. Despite earlier complaining that he wasn't being asked questions. What a schlub.

Pack it up ben. Before 2016 you were a highly respected, genius American neurosurgeon. Now you're a flat footed nincompoop who accidentally separated conjoined twins.

It still amazes me that he even made it that far. Trump I understand, but I never saw the appeal in Carson. Was it because he was "one of the good ones"? Carson has been asleep behind the wheel for the past couple of months.

PPP has a new GOP primary poll out:

Trump 34%
Cruz 18%
Rubio 13%
Jeb! 7%
Carson: 6%

I think Cruz has now officially passed Rubio by as the favorite here.

more importantly, this was immediately after he complained to Wolf about not being called on enough. So Wolf obviously threw him a bone to placate him, and he still punted. what a gigantic clown.

PPP has a new GOP primary poll out:

Trump 34%
Cruz 18%
Rubio 13%
Jeb! 7%
Carson: 6%

I think Cruz has now officially passed Rubio by as the favorite here.
Is this pre or post debate?

The top 3 has pretty much stabilized. I think Jeb will cling to the 4th place, dislodging Carson who will announce campaign suspension any day now.

gaugebozo

Ted Cruz is slimey lying cunt. What him try and fail to weasel out of Brett Baier's questions.
Cruz rekt beginning at 1:18
Why Politifact didn't check Cruz's statement from the debate is beyond me. I want a flaming gauge dammit.

Love Brett Baier. He takes no bullshit.

Sorry for the late response, but this video is great. Baier basically sets Cruz up, saying polling after the debate showed people saw him as truthful, and asking Cruz if he sees himself that way. Cruz immediately sees what's coming (I'm a lying shit, I can't go down that path), and starts into the script on campaign momentum.

It's beyond belief to me that people see Ted Cruz as truthful.

Is this pre or post debate?

The top 3 has pretty much stabilized. I think Jeb will cling to the 4th place, dislodging Carson who will announce campaign suspension any day now.

December 16th-17th, so post debate.

This question is amazing:

Would you support or oppose bombing Agrabah?
Support bombing Agrabah 30%
Oppose bombing Agrabah 13%
Not sure 57%

Tarkus

Sorry for the late response, but this video is great. Baier basically sets Cruz up, saying polling after the debate showed people saw him as truthful, and asking Cruz if he sees himself that way. Cruz immediately sees what's coming (I'm a lying shit, I can't go down that path), and starts into the script on campaign momentum.

It's beyond belief to me that people see Ted Cruz as truthful.
It seems to me that Fox News has turned against Cruz. Almost every prime time show has been critical of him post debate. Baier had a panel last night discussing the video and all but one were highly critical. Even ubercon Krauthammer was negative about Cruz. I have no problem with this.

Holmes

lol @ Jeb!'s dead cat bounce.

I know a Bernie Stan who's freaking out over this database breach. Says it's the final straw for how the DNC is treating him and he needs to run third party. He's convinced that Hillary's campaign accessed the Sanders' campaign data months ago.

benjipwns

Banned
From PPP's Iowa poll:
Code:
Q44 Who do you have a higher opinion of: the author Stephen King or the Congressman Steve King?
Higher opinion of the author Stephen King ..... 50%
Higher opinion of the Congressman Steve King ..... 26%
Not sure ..... 24%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom