• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
This stands-out to me..

The poll also tested opinion on another aspect of the Republican Party’s internal struggles, the question of who will succeed Rep. John Boehner (R., Ohio) as House speaker. GOP primary voters in the survey said it was more important to find a successor who would stand up for principles rather than seek compromise, even if that meant less work would get done, by a 56% to 40% split.

Seems like Republican primary voters are still in no mood for moderation. I keep looking for signs that this mood has shifted, especially as we near the first votes.

kingkitty

I hope Biden is running, we need to spice up these debates. And I think both Biden and Hillary are good enough candidates to put up a fight in the general election. Too bad Biden has been biding his time for so long.

For Biden's sake, hopefully the Benghazi committee discovers that Hillary killed a guy and cackled about it in her emails. I give it a 50/50 chance.

So, I'm going to take it that Biden is running then.

Because it would seem incredibly stupid for a first-term congressman to publicly say this without Biden's blessing.

A Biden campaign seems like such a mistake; could have gone out on top - beloved party statesman, rather than as a late entry spoiler.

Also, I dispute the articles claim that anticipation has reached "fever pitch." Maybe within the media thirsting for a story. I would characterise it as annoyance and tedium with everyone else.

Too bad Biden has been biding his time for so long.

Stephen-Colbert-Takes-Off-Glasses-and-Shakes-Head.gif

:p

ED: Damn your quick edit lol

danm999

So, I'm going to take it that Biden is running then.

Because it would seem incredibly stupid for a first-term congressman to publicly say this without Biden's blessing.

A Biden campaign seems like such a mistake; could have gone out on top - beloved party statesman, rather than as a late entry spoiler.

Seems like a peculiar way to let it out though?

What would the thinking be here? The idea has been so endlessly floated by the media that there'd be no need to test reactions.

Cheebo

Banned
I am predicting Rubio because of numbers like these and his consistent rise in polls but I have no idea WHY it is happening. Why does he keep inching up seemingly every week? What is he doing that is causing him to inch up consistently like this?

I see it happening and its why I think he will win but I am baffled what he is doing to earn this consistent inching inching up in the polls. I know the big money types are starting to consider going all in for him but that doesn't explain why he would go up in polls.

Makai

I am predicting Rubio because of numbers like these and his consistent rise in polls but I have no idea WHY it is happening. Why does he keep inching up seemingly every week? What is he doing that is causing him to inch up consistently like this?

I see it happening and its why I think he will win but I am baffled what he is doing to earn this consistent inching inching up in the polls. I know the big money types are starting to consider going all in for him but that doesn't explain why he would go up in polls.
Jeb sucks and there's no one else.

Grexeno

He's consolidating the establishment vote.

If you look at the September -> October numbers whats happened is that second tier candidates like Kasich, Christie, and (after the 2nd debate surge) Fiorina are dropping off and their support is being spread around everyone else. All the top candidates have benefited from this except Bush who is kinda bobbing around 8 - 9%.

Does Carson even hold stump speeches? townhalls? I don't know if I've seen any, at least the media hasn't shown any. All the media shows of Carson whenever they talk about him is him walking around sheepishly at some event.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm curious as to when these candidates are going to start taking shots at Carson.

My guess is guys like Rubio/Cruz will do it first, because they'll need those votes.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The voters flirted with non-Romneys for a while. You shouldn't be surprised with Trump's flock going to someone else. Like I said, I'm certain that Carson's numbers will begin to decline soon.

Agreed, this is just voters flirting with someone who isn't inevitable. They'll go back to Trump soon enough.

Makai

When you do less smoothing and look at the polls which have come out recently it's no surprise. There's been a string of polls that routinely have lower Trump support shifting the numbers.

If we had a string of Gravis and Morning Consult polls then Trump would look higher than he really was too.
There's been a consistent trend of Trump losing support while Carson gains for about 6 weeks. If he hasn't caught up, he has a good chance to this week or next.

My aunt took her son out of high school because of bullying, not sure how to feel...

There's been a consistent trend of Trump losing support while Carson gains for about 6 weeks. If he hasn't caught up, he has a good chance to this week or next.

Trump is steady while Carson is rising. One will have to defeat the other eventually, but Trump isn't falling that much.

ivysaur12

Banned
lol, I didn't realize there was an actual conservative meme that Hillary was declaring war on Republicans by giving the answer that her biggest enemies that she's made are Republicans at the debate.

Let's just think about that for a moment.

Gotchaye

lol, I didn't realize there was an actual conservative meme that Hillary was declaring war on Republicans by giving the answer that her biggest enemies that she's made are Republicans at the debate.

They've had a lot of fun with that question. I've also seen disgust at our failure to recognize that Jim Webb had the best answer since he talked about real enemies and not just political enemies.

danm999

First Hillary now comic book superheroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom