• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lad. Did he get a copy of the manifesto yet?

Nah. I'm a member of the Clinton wing of the party. We don't write shit down, so we can flip flop on it next week. /s

He's a good kid. Excited to vote in the primary. Wants to vote for Hillary. He got to learn an important life lesson today. He asked me if anyone he voted for was going to win. Maybe but probably not.

Does anyone subscribe to Bernie's emails? Did he send an email out encouraging people to vote today? I know Clinton's camp did, and has been spending a lot of effort talking up midterms/off term elections.

Holmes

Yeah, same here. If it were for a close race, I might make the hike, but it would be hours out of my day to go vote and I don't think I'd make a difference. But at the same time, I'm always bugging people about voting, so I guess it makes me a hypocrite now.

second edit: nevermind. maybe I'm all confused. Ignore me.
Go visit your parents.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Fox Business requires a 2.5% average over 4 polls to get into the big boy debate.

There's a chance Kasich and Christie might not make it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Jeb! in 5th place in his home state. Wow.

We share a bday! Awesome.
sX78i.gif

Happy bday my friend.

User1608

Banned
Good luck, Louisiana. All of you deserve better.
New Bloomberg Florida GOP poll..

Trump 37%
Carson 17%
Rubio 16%
Cruz 10%
Jeb 7%

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/t...s-in-fla-as-jeb-bush-fifth-in-home-state-poll

Wow. This supports the earlier poll's finding of Trump keeping his lead there.

Jeb deserves everything he's getting from Trump in this campaign.

This is the first time Jeb! has really gotten what he deserves.

Can't even get the Jeb done.
*edit* okaaaay

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Who picked bush in the PoliGAF official predictions, is any of them still thinking he will win?

I imagine they've all accepted their fate. All that's left is for the Rubio guys to come to terms as well and bask in the classy and luxurious glory that is Trump.

NeoXChaos

I don't regret picking him. This cycle is going to be Goldwater 2.0 if the likes of Bush & Rubo don't brute force their way to the nomination by nuking everyone else. On MTP David Brooks still hoped Trump and Carson would fade. No pundit has any answer in the event they do not fade. I could careless about losing. I actually want to lose to whoever picked Trump, Carson or Cruz. The drapes can be measured the day either of them win the nomination.

Conway should win. Edwards looks good for us as well.

No one posting the Reuters/ipsos poll?

Trump 31%, Carson 18%, bush/Rubio 10% tied for third nationally.

Oct 28th to Nov. 2nd, so completely post debate. On my phone so can't link at the moment.

Do you know how hard it is for me to not post the picture of him in his arms crossed, liberals vanquished pose right now? Christ.

STOP DOING THIS FUCKING SHIT! Nobody thinks, "Oh, man, Retro's really posting a lot today, I wish all his posts were organized more succinctly," but some of us are damn sure thinking, "Wait, I don't remember reading that post," and wasting time scrolling back through the thread. Follow the fucking etiquette.

It’s not just on the economy where Trump shines. Asked whether they trusted the various Republican candidates to be commander in chief, Trump and Carson were tied, at 40 percent each.

On the question of whom they trusted to deal with foreign leaders, Trump again took top marks, with 41 percent saying they would trust the New York real estate mogul. Carson was a close second at 39 percent. Rubio, who has made foreign policy a central part of his campaign and stressed his experience on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, was third at 31 percent.

Asked about handling the nation’s nuclear weapons - another insight into voters' views on foreign policy - 34 percent of Republicans said they would trust Trump. He trailed only Carson, with 39 percent saying they would trust Carson to have his finger on the proverbial button. Only 27 percent said they would trust Rubio.

Jesus this is terrible.

Also, for the people who think Republicans didn't eat up Carson's shtick at the debate:

Of the Republicans polled, 31 percent said the debate changed their opinion about Carson and made it more positive. The same was said by 29 percent about Trump, but 22 percent said they had a more negative attitude of him afterward.

The debate may have done the most damage to Bush. Twenty-nine percent said after the debate they had a more negative view of Bush.

STOP DOING THIS FUCKING SHIT! Nobody thinks, "Oh, man, Retro's really posting a lot today, I wish all his posts were organized more succinctly," but some of us are damn sure thinking, "Wait, I don't remember reading that post," and wasting time scrolling back through the thread. Follow the fucking etiquette.

Amen.

NeoXChaos

Chuck Todd ‏@chucktodd 1h1 hour ago
Some of these IA Sanders supporters sound simply defeated.
http://www.iowapoliticsnow.com/news...er-next-step/article_18ffc29b-54cf-5376-9711-

“Of course, he knows he’s not going to win the nomination,” northern Iowa Democratic activist Kurt Meyer said. If Sanders thought the nomination was within his grasp, he wouldn’t have pulled Clinton out of “email quicksand” with his comment in the Democratic debate about being “sick and tired of hearing about your damn emails.”

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Also, for the people who think Republicans didn't eat up Carson's shtick at the debate:

I've been saying this since the summer! I know these people. I am around them every single day. Carson's stuff is SPECIFICALLY designed to appeal to them. He knows what he's doing. Trump is going to keep losing ground if he keeps attacking while Carson, who says nothing bad about anybody, plays his simple yokel routine and brings in the voters.

I've been saying this since the summer! I know these people. I am around them every single day. Carson's stuff is SPECIFICALLY designed to appeal to them. He knows what he's doing. Trump is going to keep losing ground if he keeps attacking while Carson, who says nothing bad about anybody, plays his simple yokel routine and brings in the voters.

lol you're in the midwest, the only place where Carson is winning

keep Diablosing though

Cerium

I don't regret picking him. This cycle is going to be Goldwater 2.0 if the likes of Bush & Rubo don't brute force their way to the nomination by nuking everyone else. On MTP David Brooks still hoped Trump and Carson would fade. No pundit has any answer in the event they do not fade. I could careless about losing. I actually want to lose to whoever picked Trump, Carson or Cruz. The drapes can be measured the day either of them win the nomination.

Conway should win. Edwards looks good for us as well.
Trump would cause a wave election, I'm talking beyond Bill Clinton numbers. Dems will keep the White House and retake the Senate at the least. It'll be a Confederate nightmare as minorities turn out to vote in droves; wouldn't be surprised if they showed up in greater numbers than 2012.

Go Trump.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Plinko's diablosing about Carson has been very intriguing lately. Konami must be paying him.

lol you're in the midwest, the only place where Carson is winning

keep Diablosing though

I didn't say I thought Carson was going to win. I meant that his shtick is going to keep working until others start attacking him.

It's only a matter of time. Jeb, Cruz, and Rubio will get desperate. They can't take Trump's voters (who seem incredibly stable), but I do believe they could draw some of Carson's. Kasich started it last debate--I expect it to further in the future from other candidates.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No one posting the Reuters/ipsos poll?

Trump 31%, Carson 18%, bush/Rubio 10% tied for third nationally.

Oct 28th to Nov. 2nd, so completely post debate. On my phone so can't link at the moment.

I completely forgot about that one. Damn, Trump is murdering in that poll.

I await for his response to this to show up in a previous post, LMAO

Honestly, it's not that big of a deal to me. Different strokes, I guess.

The worst is that mod that ignores the quote feature entirely and just uses quotation marks.

LOL
Don't kill me, adamsappel

Makai

Click the arrow

Threads are linear and meant to be read that way. Posting out of order is confusing and poor form.

I understand, but it's not like everyone does it. If it was wide-spread, I could sympathize with the concern, but it's a non-issue for me since only a few people do it, and is mitigated by the ability to reference the quote with the arrow button.

Also, many of us read out of order more than you might think. It isn't uncommon for people to start reading a thread from the last page and work their way backwards (though usually after they've read the OP and the first couple of pages).

did you know there is a little arrow button next to originally posted by <username here> that brings you right to the quoted post? In the case that this obvious feature is something that not everyone has or knows about, I won't quote posts that come after mine anymore but what I'm saying is I don't see why this should have you so angered

sea manky was mad at me about this too, I don't want to be a bother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom