• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2015 |OT2| Pls print

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Trust-2.png

Hah. To me this one reads:
- Republicans: Woohoo, we made it to president.....oh this sucks. Why aren't we president? Woohoo, we made it to president.....oh this sucks...
- Democrats: Meh, meh, meh...meh, BIG MEH, meh...

Makai

Trust-2.png

- Republicans: Woohoo, we made it to president.....oh this sucks. Why aren't we president? Woohoo, we made it to president.....oh this sucks...
Republicans have more trust in government than Democrats.

Republicans have more trust in government than Democrats.

I think it's just that Democrats' trust in government is a bit more stable.

Republicans love the fuck out of government when a Republican is president and think we're turning into the Soviet Union when a Democrat is president.

So from that Pew survey, the more affluent, college-educated, younger and white demographics expect more from government than they're willing to pay for.

Also the erosion of favourability of the Supreme Court with Republicans is quite dramatic. It's not like all of their landmark rulings have benefited progressives more in the last decade?

I think there will be a ton of Republican big-wigs who refuse to support Trump in the general and will be content in letting him lose in a landslide in hopes of hitting the reset button post 2016 if he ends up the nominee.

I do think the establishment would rather have Trump over Cruz as nominee. They hate both and know both would lose but it would be easier for them to paint Trump in a loss as not a "real Republican" and spin it as not really counting to more easily try to reset for 2018. Can't do that with Cruz.

Is there a possibility that Trump would respond by saying that the GOP never fully supported him as a reason for a loss? I can't see Trump letting any criticism of himself rest without some comment.

So from that Pew survey, the more affluent, college-educated, younger and white demographics expect more from government than they're willing to pay for.

Also the erosion of favourability of the Supreme Court with Republicans is quite dramatic. It's not like all of their landmark rulings have benefited progressives more in the last decade?
Well, I'd probably attribute it to the media actually talking about SCOTUS this much in a while. There were tons of quotes from republican leaders saying how the court failed America with Obergefell so people paid more attention than usual. Many republicans think the Court has too much power now since they were able to make marriage "instantly legal" in their eyes.

Teggy

Daniel B·;187445469 said:
Almost all it took was that Ted Cruz video, the first and perhaps only one I'll probably ever see ;).

You mean this Ted Cruz?

This individual understands less about science (and climate change) than the average kindergartner," Michael Mann, a Pennsylvania State University meteorology professor, wrote of Cruz's statements. "That sort of ignorance would be dangerous in a doorman, let alone a president."

Ted Cruz is just disgusting. He called the legalization of gay marriage the darkest hours of our country and compares climate change "alarmists" to flat-earthers.
All of this while he keeps saying his parents were mathematicians, so he MUST be right.
Fuck that guy.

Ted Cruz is just disgusting. He called the legalization of gay marriage the darkest hours of our country and compares climate change "alarmists" to flat-earthers.
All of this while he keeps saying his parents were mathematicians, so he MUST be right.
Fuck that guy.

With how religious he is I'm honestly surprised he's not a Flat-Earther or a Young World Creationist.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Holy shit @ the over 75K and republican points on those ...

Only 42% of republicans that make over $75000 a year believe the government should ensure access to good education.

Let that sink in for a moment.

dabig2

Trust-2.png

Makes sense considering Dems have been on that neoliberal phase for decades. Giant dump of MEH there. And even when you still somewhat like your president (Clinton/Obama), the federal government encompasses a lot more than the President and his party. I have no faith in the federal government today for instance. I would've answered somewhere around 10% trust and that's only due to Obama's executive actions/vetoes and Pelosi/Reid keeping their people together.

So yeah, no faith in the government. Congress is an unfunny joke and the Supreme court - well, let's just say I'm just waiting for half of them to die.

User 406

Banned
Fuck that guy.

Hmmm, he is an immigrant, he's a religious extremist, and his parents probably worked a lot with al-gebra...

Someone notify Lindsey Graham, Ted Cruz might be an ISIS plant!

Hahahaha. Trump used footage from Obama's silly Buzzfeed interview as part of an attack ad.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/...buzzfeed-selfie-216268?cmpid=sf#ixzz3t0g9U9I5

DonaldTrumpLazer.jpg

Trust-3.png

If Bernie scores a slam dunk, I think there's every chance he has the potential to achieve close to Kennedy / Johnson numbers, at least among Democrats. If Republicans witness great strides in our nation, perhaps they'll warm to him too, but 62%, I don't know.

Cerium

Daniel B·;187472994 said:
If Bernie scores a slam dunk, I think there's every chance he has the potential to achieve close to Kennedy / Johnson numbers, at least among Democrats. If Republicans witness great strides in our nation, perhaps they'll warm to him too, but 62%, I don't know.

Does Bernie know you're cheating on him with Trump?

Sianos

Daniel B·;187474800 said:
Ah, it's only on that one issue, and a quick chat with John Coleman should put him straight on that, lickity split :).

POP BERNIE QUIZ: "ARE YOU A REAL BERNIE STAN-DER?" EDITION:

what has bernie repeatedly cited as his number one most important issue to address?

Daniel B·;187474800 said:
Ah, it's only on that one issue, and a quick chat with John Coleman should put him straight on that, lickity split :).

I'm sure I don't have to remind you that Sanders called climate change "the largest national security threat facing the United States." I think he's done his homework on this one issue if he's using words like that, probably a little more than watching a couple YouTube videos.

NeoXChaos

Gov.-elect John Bel Edwards plans to issue an executive order to protect the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community from firing, discrimination and harassment as state employees and government contractors.

Edwards' directive would cover state workers and government contractors in agencies and departments he oversees. But executive orders don't necessarily bind parts of state government outside the governor's control, such as the judiciary.

The Edwards' transition team did not provide a timeline for when the order might be issued, but the Democrat will be sworn into office Jan. 11. The governor-elect told NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune directly a few weeks ago that he planned to sign such a document after he takes office. Two LGBT advocacy groups said Edwards has made similar commitments to them as well

Louisiana's two most recent Democratic governors -- Edwin Edwards and Kathleen Blanco -- signed similar directives to prohibit discrimination when they were in office.

Governors Mike Foster and Bobby Jindal, both Republicans, declined to offer those protections. Jindal called Blanco's executive order to protect LGBT state workers and contractors "unnecessary" when he took office in 2007.

Edwin Edwards' order, put into place in the 1990s, was considered somewhat groundbreaking at the time. Blanco essentially adopted the same approach -- protecting people from being discriminated against based on sexual orientation -- but expanded the order to cover harassment in the workplace as well.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index...._w.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Clearly David Vitter would have done this as well. Democrats and Republicans truly are the same.
Funny how this is probably the clearest divide between the Democrats and Republicans but you'll still have OT dumbshits claiming they're the same, even on LGBT issues.

Came up a while ago where some guy was trying to say "well not ALL Republicans oppose gay marriage anod not ALL Democrats support it." When I showed him that all but one of the Democratic senators supported it and all but one of the Republican senators (I believe Portman at the time, though that's expanded to 3-4 by now) he took it as "Oh see look, it's not universal!" as if that 3% margin of error is significant enough to go BOTH PARTIES ARE THE SAME

ivysaur12

Banned
Insiders are saying the Quinn polls tomorrow are gonna show every GOP candidate winning by 15+ points.

I would expect this as much. It'll be interesting to see if the Quinn polls are on to something, or are just so wildly off the mark that they're going to be the Zogby/Ras of this electoral cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom