• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Eh, I actually think the long life of Trumpism is kind of being overplayed.

The truth is, if the 'Trump wing' candidate is some second string Governor or Freedom Caucus member with no personal wealth, they'll be dead by South Carolina due to a lack of funding. Trump didn't just coverage because he was saying outrageous things - he was saying outrageous things _and_ he was Donald Trump.

Now, I think there is a problem if somebody with a real political pedigree manages to find a way to thread the needle between the white nationalists and the rest of the GOP, but the issue is, the white nationalists don't want dog whistles anymore. They want it in black and white and being shouted loudly.

Also, I somehow doubt the Establishment wing will run 11,306 candidates again.

Eh. I don't know if I believe this after Trump's July fundraising numbers.

We saw it on the left with Bernie Sanders (previously unknown and yet outraised Clinton several months), and we've seen it in the past with the loonies that get funded by appealing to the right (Zimmerman immediately comes to mind), and the joke right candidates who ran hopeless campaigns to get book deals. There's money to be made speaking to the fringes of your base. The problem with Trump was, as in most areas, his campaign was incompetent when it came to fundraising for much of the last year.

But combine somebody as bombastic as Trump with a Sanders-esque fundraising apparatus? No doubt they'd raise more than enough for a competent campaign.

ampere

We should stop calling them the "alt-right" and start calling them neo-nazis. "Alt-right" is too soft for what they are

We've reached the part of the evening where Trump is randomly re-tweeting people who say nice things to him. It's like his version of therapy.

Trump's much worse but for some reason, I was a lot more scared from Romney since he had more of a chance at winning.
I kind of feel the same way.

It's a terrifying indictment that Trump has even made it this far, but there's no way he gets elected president.

If he does, I'll eat Ash Ketchum's hat.

Piecake

PHOENIX — John McCain's underdog opponent in next week's primary election is going there: Should he win, Kelli Ward told POLITICO flatly on Wednesday, the soon-to-be 80-year-old senator may not live to finish out his six-year term.

“I’m a doctor. The life expectancy of the American male is not 86. It’s less,” Ward said in an interview here.

“There are things that happen physiologically with the body and the mind. One of them is control over your anger and he’s already known as an angry man,” Ward said, munching on a baked potato at Durant’s, an old-school Phoenix steakhouse. “It becomes more and more difficult to control those kinds of outbursts. And we have to have someone with a steady hand, someone with the ability to think on their feet. Someone who can problem-solve.

McCain's opponent: He might die in office

Wow, what a piece of shit.

ryan and mitch this afternoon after seeing the disaster of the last 72 hours hit a new peak

giphy.gif

(props to @joshtpm for rolling this out)

Some of the right in general aren't that bad. I mean at least never-trumpers have some spine

If they could just ditch the supply side garbage/tax cut orthodoxy we could have a pretty meaningful policy conversation. It would also make their party a LOT more popular.

ampere

ryan and mitch this afternoon after seeing the disaster of the last 72 hours hit a new peak

lol, those two deserve this.

If they could just ditch the supply side garbage/tax cut orthodoxy we could have a pretty meaningful policy conversation. It would also make their party a LOT more popular.

Yeah I mean modern GOP economics are straight up bad policy, but bad policy =/= being evil like the super bigoted folks. That's what I was getting at

Paskil

But guys Trump is turning things around and his campaign manager is going to make this thing competitive!

People are just confused this election. Trump never stopped pivoting because he has been performing a nearly constant 360° pivot since the general has started. There have been fits, spurts, and stall outs along the way. What people call a pivot is just a slight pause.

But guys Trump is turning things around and his campaign manager is going to make this thing competitive!

I'm starting to buy into the idea that Trump might have been better off with the Russians. I don't know what the Brietbart guy is doing other than being a huge albatross, and it's clear that Trump simply isn't enough of a politician to be able to execute Conway's (very longshot) plans.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Eh, I actually think the long life of Trumpism is kind of being overplayed.

The truth is, if the 'Trump wing' candidate is some second string Governor or Freedom Caucus member with no personal wealth, they'll be dead by South Carolina due to a lack of funding. Trump didn't just coverage because he was saying outrageous things - he was saying outrageous things _and_ he was Donald Trump.

Now, I think there is a problem if somebody with a real political pedigree manages to find a way to thread the needle between the white nationalists and the rest of the GOP, but the issue is, the white nationalists don't want dog whistles anymore. They want it in black and white and being shouted loudly.

Also, I somehow doubt the Establishment wing will run 11,306 candidates again.

Radio pundits like Hannity have been saying for weeks that they will blame a Trump loss on the GOP establishment that didn't support him. They're the main reason Trump exists (not that the Establishement didn't play help). I think they're set for four more years of demonization like they've done the last eight years, and we could end up with another nut bag in 2020. Heck, I don't even put it past Trump to try again.

Nazi-curious family members on Facebook: "Hillary should burn in hell for calling millions of Americans racist! Just because someone is a white nationalist doesn't mean they're racist."

Dead.

Megyn Kelly is such a trash person.

How could she have Assange on to promote "Maybe Hillary murdered that DNC staffer, I don't know!" when she knows that the family of the murdered staffer has told people to stop spewing garbage and let the authorities do their job?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Eh. I don't know if I believe this after Trump's July fundraising numbers.

We saw it on the left with Bernie Sanders (previously unknown and yet outraised Clinton several months), and we've seen it in the past with the loonies that get funded by appealing to the right (Zimmerman immediately comes to mind), and the joke right candidates who ran hopeless campaigns to get book deals. There's money to be made speaking to the fringes of your base. The problem with Trump was, as in most areas, his campaign was incompetent when it came to fundraising for much of the last year.

But combine somebody as bombastic as Trump with a Sanders-esque fundraising apparatus? No doubt they'd raise more than enough for a competent campaign.
It seems to me that having a "Sanders-esque fundraising apparatus" is rooted heavily in his being part of a very small candidate pool where the other non-Clinton options couldn't even create a ripple. That is decidedly not the new status quo of Republican primaries. Everyone is tossing their hat in the ring to aim for the potential post-campaign profiteering. At best you get the Ron/Rand Paul factor, where you're the outsider yelling at everyone else. That probably would have been Bernie Sanders if there were an actual field of candidates trying to take on Clinton alongside of him.

Zereta

How could she have Assange on to promote "Maybe Hillary murdered that DNC staffer, I don't know!" when she knows that the family of the murdered staffer has told people to stop spewing garbage and let the authorities do their job?

You're assuming that anyone at Fox News has any form of integrity.

Or that they're journalists.

I'm watching this Trump CNN interview but the right side of that panel is trash, except for the girl in the middle. The blond and the Southern dude are just ridiculous.

It seems to me that having a "Sanders-esque fundraising apparatus" is rooted heavily in his being part of a very small candidate pool where the other non-Clinton options couldn't even create a ripple. That is decidedly not the new status quo of Republican primaries. Everyone is tossing their hat in the ring to aim for the potential post-campaign profiteering. At best you get the Ron/Rand Paul factor, where you're the outsider yelling at everyone else. That probably would have been Bernie Sanders if there were an actual field of candidates trying to take on Clinton alongside of him.

Yeah, Bernie had legitimate support, but Bernie also got the vote of every Democrat who had any ehh feelings about Clinton, whether it was because she was too liberal or moderate.

In a 9 person race with Hickenlooper, Kloubacher, Gillibrand, Warner, and a few other Governor and Senators, Sanders gets 10-15% in a few states is out after New Hampshire or at worst, Super Tuesday.

royalan

This assumes that there there would be multiple candidates willing to go as far right as Trump did to get their support. I mean, he out Cruz'd Cruz.

Although, who knows what we'll see in 2020...

There will be some dude who comes out wearing a Confederate Flag Pin and has 14/88 tattoos next time around I think.

Nazis will pay out for legit Nazis.

Maddow definitely connected the dots on why Conway was hired as the campaign manager for Trump. Her new position makes so much sense considering that she and Bannon are connected to Trump's main donor.

Can I confess something?

There's a part of me that would have really, really loved to see a Cruz/Hillary debate. I'm glad Trump is the nominee but I love an actual competent debate....and I think Cruz is decent at it.

Most of that is not up to her? Do you believe that Fox lets her select her own guests?

johnsmith

remember me
Can I confess something?

There's a part of me that would have really, really loved to see a Cruz/Hillary debate. I'm glad Trump is the nominee but I love an actual competent debate....and I think Cruz is decent at it.
Yeah but then you would have had to listen to Cruz talk for like 4 hours.

watershed

Banned
Overall I think this was a great day for Hillary. She effectively controlled the narrative and fed the press and put Trump on the defensive which usually results in Trump going into even crazier mode. I wonder how long his newfound "message discipline" will hold. He hates getting kicked around in public like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom