• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

Honestly? Real talk? Kay Hagan was such an icon. Queen of North Carolina gays and atheists. We are not worthy. Thom Tillis hew?

hagan03.gif

Bowdz

Honestly? Real talk? Kay Hagan was such an icon. Queen of North Carolina gays and atheists. We are not worthy. Thom Tillis hew?

hagan03.gif

She'll be back. I bet 2020 will be another rematch like Feingold/Johnson and Hagan knock Tillis out purely from the benefits of a presidential election year.

Retro

Good move, but it won't help them in the long run. I'm personally hoping Hillary nominates the youngest, proudest, gayest lesbian of color she can find to the Supreme Court and moves it at full speed away from last 30 years of conservative bedshitting.

Paskil

Honestly? If the taco truck on my street corner in Hillary's America sucks, I will write in Santorum in 2020.

I agree. Statistically, I think it's important to recognize that many food trucks are hot garbage. A taco truck on every corner isn't necessarily a good thing for a number of reasons. In fact, Hillary's America might just end up being a nightmare instead of a dream come true.

https://youtu.be/kuZcx2zEo4k

On September 3, the Dakota Access pipeline company attacked Native Americans with dogs and pepper spray as they protested against the $3.8 billion pipeline’s construction. If completed, the pipeline would carry about 500,000 barrels of crude per day from North Dakota’s Bakken oilfield to Illinois. The project has faced months of resistance from the Standing Rock Sioux tribe and members of nearly 100 more tribes from across the U.S. and Canada.

Those dogs looked pretty vicious. Not surprised there is no media coverage going on.

My mind recoils in horror at the idea of a news network more conservative than Fox News.

That's because you make the mistake of thinking it will be as successful as Fox News. A Trump/Breitbart TV channel would fail for the same reasons you don't see right-wing talk radio create their own TV channel (Fox News is bad, but it's no where near as blatantly disgusting as talk-radio and Breitbart News).

This man still is alive and in power:
800px-Teodoro_Obiang_Nguema_Mbasogo_with_Obamas.jpg
Even when he is dead he will be in power.

Zimbabwe's 92-year-old President Robert Mugabe arrived home after an overseas absence that led to intense speculation about his health and joked that he had come back to life.

"Yes, I was dead, it's true I was dead. I resurrected as I always do. Once I get back to my country I am real," the world's oldest head of state said on Saturday after arriving in the capital Harare.

His absence had raised the level of uncertainly in a country already in economic and political turmoil. Frustration has been rising in Zimbabwe over a plummeting economy and allegations of government corruption.

Police on Thursday banned protests in the capital for two weeks, on the eve of a demonstration planned by a newly formed coalition of opposition groups.

Mugabe has been in power since 1980, and many in Zimbabwe have known no other leader in their lifetime.

He has said he will run again in elections scheduled for 2018.

Recently, his wife, Grace, said Mugabe would rule from the grave.

c85f09a78dd04954b014293cbb1b1e1e_18.jpg

Trump/Breitbart TV would probably be better off following The Young Turks' model, livestreaming and then archiving online broadcasts.

Edit: You can't catch Trump in a gotcha, because he's constructed his campaign in such a way that his supporters either don't know those facts, themselves, or just plain don't care that he knows those facts because he's acting as a proxy for whatever issues they want to ram into Washington, be it racism, massive tax cuts and deregulation, repealing Obamacare, or getting anti-abortion SCOTUS judges in place. He's not gaining or losing anybody, at this point, because there's no way remaining undecideds are going to break for Trump. If anything, this election is Gary Johnson's to "win", in the sense of accomplishing his goal of getting his party some serious money to actually try and compete in future elections, forcing the GOP to either moderate to recapture those voters or risk the Libertarian Party becoming an actually serious political force (lol).

Yet another reason I hate TYT. It's like they only want to appeal to regressive leftists instead of also appealing to pragmatic liberals.

Edit: You can't catch Trump in a gotcha, because he's constructed his campaign in such a way that his supporters either don't know those facts, themselves, or just plain don't care that he knows those facts because he's acting as a proxy for whatever issues they want to ram into Washington, be it racism, massive tax cuts and deregulation, repealing Obamacare, or getting anti-abortion SCOTUS judges in place. He's not gaining or losing anybody, at this point, because there's no way remaining undecideds are going to break for Trump. If anything, this election is Gary Johnson's to "win", in the sense of accomplishing his goal of getting his party some serious money to actually try and compete in future elections, forcing the GOP to either moderate to recapture those voters or risk the Libertarian Party becoming an actually serious political force (lol).

The point isn't to convince his hardcore supporters to have a change of heart, it's to:

1) Chip away at the Trump supporters who don't even like Trump but always vote R

2) Convince undecideds that Trump is so bad that you need to vote for Clinton to best reject Trump

3) Make even more GOP politicians have to disavow Trump

4) Show undecideds that regardless of scandals, Hillary knows what she needs to know to be President

5) Make Trump look desperate so that his supporters are less enthusiastic about voting.

Yeah but he lost it by 263,000 votes in 2012. :(

So we should just ship more Muslims into Missouri and engineer a demographic takeover. Refugees, incoming!
Large part of that was due to voter drop off in Missouri though, not because of people flipping their votes to Romney. You get a good GOTV operation going, maybe some advertising and Missouri tightens again.

Who the hell did morning consult poll? Most of those immigration issues I've seen mentioned in other polls and there is much more opposition to stuff like the wall. They also show Obama's approval at a net negative when Gallup and Ras have it higher.

How is their lomo saltado? I just got some from a Peruvian food truck last Friday 😅 Yummy.

Edit: is it a taco truck if they don't have tacos? I just call them food trucks.

Now you're all reminding me that I have to start checking out the Peruvian restaurants in the area. I had a "go-to" place back when I lived in Madison.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
"Sauce" is for people who buy Prego and ragu. Disgusting.

Not for people who peel their own tomatoes and use braciole in their base.

Y2Kev

It's a south Philly thing specifically. NY would probably have no idea what you're talking about
I would not set foot in Philthydelphia unless I had a client that would force me to be there!

Fortunately there is no commerce in philly so that has not yet been an issue.

Y2Kev

How does Corrupt Dyin Lyin Email Fryin Crooked Rotten Clinton having a rally have anything to do with business? Did she pay off some company to delete some emails there?

"Sauce" is for people who buy Prego and ragu. Disgusting.

Not for people who peel their own tomatoes and use braciole in their base.

My family is actually from Italy and we say sauce. Probably because it is closest to the Italian salsa and sugo. Saying sauce is definitely legitimate. To us gravy goes on meat and sauce goes on pasta.

Nothing is better than homemade Sunday sauce and meatballs. Enjoy. I had it every weekend growing up and called it sauce every time. :)

Iolo

I would not set foot in Philthydelphia unless I had a client that would force me to be there!

I am in Philadelphia at a beer garden and it seems pretty ok

My allergies are going nuts tho

I worked with a woman from Mass who was Italian and called it gravy. Which...no. Gravy is burnt flour, some grease/fat/drippings and some time. When I make cube steak, like I did tonight, I make milk gravy. Brown my meat, get my drippings in the pan, burn the fuck out of some flour add milk, throw it in the crock pot and did.

When I make spaghetti sauce, I use fresh ingredients too. Tomatoes, olive oil, meat drippings/hamburger, little bit of sugar. Throw that in my crock pot and let it cook for 5 or 6 hours. I don't make meatballs because, I'm lazy, and I don't like them that well.

A few weeks ago the 5 year old asked me to make spaghetti. So I did. Turns out, what he thought spaghetti was was that shit that comes out of a can. That poor baby thought only Chef Boyarde could make spaghetti. Mess.

My family is actually from Italy and we say sauce. Probably because it is closest to the Italian salsa and sugo. Saying sauce is definitely legitimate. To us gravy goes on meat and sauce goes on pasta.

Nothing is better than homemade Sunday sauce and meatballs. Enjoy. I had it every weekend growing up and called it sauce every time. :)

Yeah, I thought "gravy" was an americanized thing, and that Italians used sauce or ragu.

Gruco

Banned
Here comes that new network, yall
My favorite part is that he asks about TV and online, but basically ignores the existence of print, PBS, and NPR.

=======

Anyway GAF, remember that time that Trump made illegal campaign contributions out of his foundation to stop the Florida AG from pursuing a fraud case, lied about every charitiable contribution he ever made, and repeatedly used his foundation as a personal slush fund? And the media decided that the real scandal was the fact that the Clinton Foundation has the audacity to exist.

Hindl

My Italian family is mostly in Boston, tho.

Odd, growing up around me I only heard it from Philly Italians. And being in Boston now Italians here look at me like I'm crazy

Philly is nice

Syncytia

I worked with a woman from Mass who was Italian and called it gravy. Which...no. Gravy is burnt flour, some grease/fat/drippings and some time. When I make cube steak, like I did tonight, I make milk gravy. Brown my meat, get my drippings in the pan, burn the fuck out of some flour add milk, throw it in the crock pot and did.

When I make spaghetti sauce, I use fresh ingredients too. Tomatoes, olive oil, meat drippings/hamburger, little bit of sugar. Throw that in my crock pot and let it cook for 5 or 6 hours. I don't make meatballs because, I'm lazy, and I don't like them that well.

A few weeks ago the 5 year old asked me to make spaghetti. So I did. Turns out, what he thought spaghetti was was that shit that comes out of a can. That poor baby thought only Chef Boyarde could make spaghetti. Mess.

Gravy is disgusting is what it is.

I need to learn to make my own tomato/spaghetti sauce. I really like the one costco sells though so I don't have too much motivation to do it.

Gravy is disgusting is what it is.

I need to learn to make my own tomato/spaghetti sauce. I really like the one costco sells though so I don't have too much motivation to do it.

tumblr_m8cpkvsEZC1qlvwnco1_400.gif

The fuck.....I mean, if you eat that nasty shit in a packet or in a jar or something, ya. But there is nothing better than a nice thick gravy. Honestly. You need to come to my house for dinner. I'll show you what's up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom