• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Trump's immigration speech

abc_trump_mexico_pay_mt_160904_4x3_992.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/majority-voters-trump-mexico-pay-wall/story?id=41849627

I love how even most of his base is like, "Bro, it ain't happening."

Syncytia

tumblr_m8cpkvsEZC1qlvwnco1_400.gif

The fuck.....I mean, if you eat that nasty shit in a packet or in a jar or something, ya. But there is nothing better than a nice thick gravy. Honestly. You need to come to my house for dinner. I'll show you what's up.

Oh no the crap that comes in packets is the most disgusting stuff ever. Absolutely will not touch. I will only grudgingly take some of my uncles gravy that he makes for thanksgiving.

Oh no the crap that comes in packets is the most disgusting stuff ever. Absolutely will not touch. I will only grudgingly take some of my uncles gravy that he makes for thanksgiving.
My turkey gravy is the stuff of legend. It's like 90% rendered turkey fat. My great-grandmother's recipe. I'm guessing there are pints of it clogging up my arteries right now. I even got a special jar I use to mix my flour and seasoning.

It's an old Jiff jar from before I was born.

Dierce

Sanders is a liability. Nothing is gained by having him campaign for Clinton, in fact he is probably detrimental due to how a lot of his rhetoric is similar to orange turd and by that I mean nonfactual, opinionated emotional responses meant to appeal to the masses.

Amir0x

Banned

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Just saw a CNN segment where Tapper pointed to a poll saying HIllary's support among HIspanics has dropped by nearly 15 points since July. What the fuck is going on?

Slizeezyc

Just saw a CNN segment where Tapper pointed to a poll saying HIllary's support among HIspanics has dropped by nearly 15 points since July. What the fuck is going on?

You missed the detailed explanation about this yesterday. It's essentially a nothingburger.

Or we can point to a poll run in English and Spanish that actually knows how to poll Latino voters that shows her support has grown, and that Trump's is at historic levels of suckatude.

Amir0x

Banned
Nothing is going on. Race settled a bit, Hillary is still favored to win in virtually every battleground state, and she is just waiting to twist the knife for the final kills at the debates. Due to how polarized this country is, and how profoundly stupid and irrespondible the media has been trump was always going to receive more support than he deserves once he decided to stop opening his fucking dumb as shit mouth every other day.

Bowdz

He's such a piece of shit, obsessed more with attention than his progressive agenda. Fucking cant wait til he fades into obscurity and continues to get nothing accomplished in his legislative career. Loser.

My favorite part is that he asks about TV and online, but basically ignores the existence of print, PBS, and NPR.

=======

Anyway GAF, remember that time that Trump made illegal campaign contributions out of his foundation to stop the Florida AG from pursuing a fraud case, lied about every charitiable contribution he ever made, and repeatedly used his foundation as a personal slush fund? And the media decided that the real scandal was the fact that the Clinton Foundation has the audacity to exist.

Indeed.

Also, remember that time one of the two major party candidates running for president ran a giant, for-profit company with countless dubious connections (both domestic and foreign) and completely murky financial details that was comprised largely of his family members (and would continue to be run by his family members if elected) and represented an enormous conflict of interest if elected? And the media decided the real questions lay in whether a non-profit charity that had already announced it would stop solution foreign and business donations should exist because of potential non existent conflicts of interest.

Trouble

Banned
Odd, growing up around me I only heard it from Philly Italians. And being in Boston now Italians here look at me like I'm crazy

It's actually most of the younger generation of my relatives that seems to use it, so it's probably just adopted. My dad is half Irish/Italian and grew up in Southie and he never calls it gravy.

So much for 100% assisting in defeating Trump. Parroting attacks.
Like, when I look at what is going on with Labour in the UK, I think my lucky stars (and the South) that we dodged a meteor. Like, this is not an indictment of Bernie Sanders the person, but a critique of Bernie Sanders the movement. My god, if we had ended upw ith the far, far left in control of the Democratic party.....

The good thing is, though, had Bernie won the nomination but lost the General, he wouldn't have been able to bring the entire party down with him like Corbyn is doing at the moment. That poll that shows Corbyn's supporters would want him to stay on if he lost a GE is just insane. Absolutely insane.

Ya, no. Ignore that. Not because we don't like the results, but because they're somehow equating favorability with likelihood of voting. Like, if that were the case, neither Hillary nor Trump would win.

http://www.latinodecisions.com/files/5014/7275/0241/AV_National_Release_Toplines.pdf

This data is better for a plethora of reasons. While there has been some tightening since April, Trump is still performing at historic levels of shit. He's under performing Mitt Romney. He's losing Cubans for goodness sake.

The more important metrics, imo, is if we increase turnout. Hispanics are not a monolithic voting block, so I think 20% is probably either party's floor. I don't think Trump ends up above 20% though.

royalan

Are we going to do the Sanders thing again? I can hear Y2Kev furrowing his brow in the distance.

Well, to be fair, the man did say something relevant to the current campaign that's now being used by Donald Trump to attack the nominee. And he's supposedly "stumping" tomorrow.

Boke1879

Bernie just needs to attack Trump really and explain why he'd be bad for the country. He doesn't really need to talk up Hillary.

Just that we need to vote for her because the alternative is worse. He can bring up Supreme court judges to make his case.

But he doesn't need to say dumb shit like this.

Bowdz

Yeah, that Bernie statement is a nothing burger. Bernie's biggest utility will be in riling up the college vote across battleground states and to get them to vote for Clinton and down ballot.

Bernie just needs to attack Trump really and explain why he'd be bad for the country. He doesn't really need to talk up Hillary.

Just that we need to vote for her because the alternative is worse. He can bring up Supreme court judges to make his case.

But he doesn't need to say dumb shit like this.

I mean, I'll be honest? He wouldn't be getting within 10 feet of a live mic if I was running Hillary's campaign. Like, I just wouldn't. I don't think he is going to be that helpful, overall. The convention proved that he doesn't have control over the Busters that are left. His going out on the stump is going be nothing more than BERNIE! BERNIE! BERNIE! If he modifies his stump other than "Oh ya, vote for Hillary" I'll eat an entire pizza.

Boke1879

Yeah, that Bernie statement is a nothing burger. Bernie's biggest utility will be in riling up the college vote across battleground states and to get them to vote for Clinton and down ballot.

Yea. I'm not worried about it. It's dumb to say right now, but it amounts to nothing. Like Trump and Hillary, Bernie is set in his ways. He's probably going to say shit like this for the rest of his life.

royalan

It'll be interesting to see if he even still has that power.

His post primary initiatives have all been utter, delicious failures.

Well, to be fair, the man did say something relevant to the current campaign that's now being used by Donald Trump to attack the nominee. And he's supposedly "stumping" tomorrow.

He didn't say anything very controversial. Trump choosing to basically create his own reality over those words is not the fault of Sanders.

Some of you are displaying a rabid and irrational hatred of the guy at this point. The primary is over.

Debirudog

I pretty much got over it. Dude did what he had to do and he's stumping for Hillary in New Hampshire. So whatever he said seem more like a spin from Slimy Slug Trump.

Boke1879

He didn't say anything very controversial. Trump choosing to basically create his own reality over those words is not the fault of Sanders.

Some of you are displaying a rabid and irrational hatred of the guy at this point. The primary is over.

It would have helped if it wasn't said but ultimately it's nothing. He probably should educate himself, but what he said isn't inherently wrong.

We'll see how he does tomorrow.

What did Sanders do?
During an interview on MTP, he said that the Clinton Foundation maybe did some good stuff for HIV/AIDS, but that if Hillary becomes President she shouldn't be involved with it. It's not a hugely bad comment, in the grand scheme of things. But, if he's going to be a surrogate, he needs to be given (and stick to) talking points. He should have offered an endorsement of the organization and pushed back that the whole thing is a witch hunt. That's what a good surrogate would do. The thing is, Bernie is not a good politician. He may be a good man. (And I think he is) but he's not a good messenger or surrogate. It's probably because he's never done it before in his life, and he's just not accustomed to having to represent a candidate other than himself. (These aren't reads, these are just, you know the way I see things).

I mean, just to be clear. I've never had hatred over Bernie Sanders. I don't much care for him or SOME of the people he managed to build his support around, but I don't hate him. I don't like him. The opposite of like is not hate, it's apathy. I'm apathetic towards him.

But, there is a rational argument to be made on how helpful Bernie's movement was and will be going forward. That's not irrational at all. I think it's also fair to talk about how and why I wouldn't want certain people to be surrogates. Like, I don't like Ed Rendell. He's terrible. He shouldn't be a surrogate. He can't stay on message either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom