• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT10| Jill Stein Inflatable Love Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying Shenmue wasn't a good game is an understatement. It's basically a menial task simulator held on a pedestal by insane Sega fanboys who were desperate for the "next big game". Fucking people should be embarrassed and castrated so they can't reproduce.

HQymg5d.gif

I love my Wii. But, I still think Wii U has some better iterations of Nintendo's franchises.

Mario Kart 8 is better than Mario Kart Wii.
Wonderful 101 is brilliant, and does a decent enough job of making the gamepad essential.
Super Mario 3D World is technically a better Mario game than Galaxy games. (although we can argue those are better experiences).
NSMBU is the 2D Mario perfected.
Splatoon is the best shooter in quite a while, definitely the best multiplayer game ever from Nintendo.
Super Mario Maker is a wonderful take on 2D mario.
You already mentioned Captain Toad.

Then we got Bayonetta 2, which wouldn't have existed without Wii U.

So Nintendo is the Mario Console. What about for people who don't want to play Mario titles? You could have at least pointed out Tropical Freeze--which I do think is one of the best DK games to date--rather than going for NSMBU which is a tweaked version of a Wii game, or Super Mario 3D World which is pretty much inferior to Galaxy in every way--and I am no fan of SMG. Mario Maker is a good idea, but it suffers much in the same way all games reliant on user-created content do, 99% of user-created content is hot garbage. Captain Toad is a new branch of Mario so I'll just toss it in there, and like I said, there's only so much god damn Mario you can get people to play.

Splatoon is okay. I tinkered around with it at a friends house--I was amazed he even still had his Wii U--and it was an enjoyable game, but I have already been having similar experiences for years elsewhere. On top of that, I hardly think it's Nintendo's best multiplayer game, when we're talking about the people who brought us various versions of MarioKart and Smash Bros.

Shenmue isn't a fun game, but it is a good game btw. It brought one of the most realistic gameworlds ever, and raised the bar on the amount of detail in a game world.

So Nintendo is the Mario Console. What about for people who don't want to play Mario titles? You could have at least pointed out Tropical Freeze--which I do think is one of the best DK games to date--rather than going for NSMBU which is a tweaked version of a Wii game, or Super Mario 3D World which is pretty much inferior to Galaxy in every way--and I am no fan of SMG. Mario Maker is a good idea, but it suffers much in the same way all games reliant on user-created content do, 99% of user-created content is hot garbage. Captain Toad is a new branch of Mario so I'll just toss it in there, and like I said, there's only so much god damn Mario you can get people to play.

Splatoon is okay. I tinkered around with it at a friends house--I was amazed he even still had his Wii U--and it was an enjoyable game, but I have already been having similar experiences for years elsewhere. On top of that, I hardly think it's Nintendo's best multiplayer game, when we're talking about the people who brought us various versions of MarioKart and Smash Bros.

You already mentioned Tropical Freeze, didn't you? That's why I didn't bring it up again.

But, 3D World is not an inferior version of Galaxy. Not even close. Like, we're way off topic, so I'ma just leave it there. But, ya, no. That's not right. Also, Splatoon is brilliant and one of the best shooters in quite a while. But, you really have to take time to get into it to appreciate what it is and what it offers.

But, opinions, mane, we all got them, amirite? :p

Edit: But your last line is my entire point. A game is supposed to be fun, first and foremost. That's like, to me at least, the entry price. There are different ways to quantify fun that isn't just "pure joy" (Super Mario 3D World) or amazing graphics (Uncharted) or awesome gameplay (Binding of Issac). These are each "fun" in a different quantifiable way. Shenmue is just none of that to me. It's a chore.

PoliGAF can't go two days without talking about videogames! This is why Clinton needs to ban them.

Wasn't like that during the Summer.

After an entire year of crazy it's just a bit much, so until the debates there really isn't anything to talk about right now other than coughing or shenmue

Geg

Splatoon is GOTG for me, definitely my favorite multiplayer game Nintendo's come out with.

Also why is #TrumpCantSwim trending

Iolo

We'll get national polls within the next two days I think but holiday weekends always seem to affect their reliability. And these polls may not be the ones they use for the first debate.

I'm pretty sure Chelsea is backpacking through Dobuita asking some Sailors how to get her hands on some ancient Chinese medicine

Has she tried a Chinese restaurant

kess

People talking trash about Shenmue reminds of people giving Sonic CD shit even though it's better than 95% of 2D platform games ever made. Shenmue isn't the kind of game that was designed to explode heads on "fun factor" alone.

Valhelm

contribute something
I wonder if the Cheetos cheetah is an example of "so edgy it's adorable in a way that feels non-ironic."

Crl_9I8WIAAFZBx.jpg

the cheetos cheetah is the last totally radical mascot standing

they revamped Chuck E. Cheese last year, now he's edgy in an early 2000s way instead of an early 90s way

Chuck_E._Cheese's_2012_logo.png

the cheetos cheetah is the last totally radical mascot standing

they revamped Chuck E. Cheese last year, now he's edgy in an early 2000s way instead of an early 90s way

Chuck_E._Cheese's_2012_logo.png

The Chuck E Cheese shit gets me. Because, 80% of the times I go otu to eat, it's Chuck E Cheese. Such a mess. He looks ridiculous.

My post-Labor Day presidential race ratings

14224916_10210675604825020_284926993066178108_n.jpg

Will be updating weekly cycling through Senate-Gubernatorial-back to President again etc.

Posted this on facebook, can't wait to be told I'm wrong because "my redneck uncle lives in Wisconsin and has a Trump bumper sticker, Safe Republican"

Oh, a Hillary coughing thread. That'll be funny. I bet people will just be shooting the shit about it. Can't imagine anything bad in there.

: clicks :

giphy.gif

Beats me...

I used optics about Sanders once so apparently saying it's bullshit here means I'm a hypocrite.

Optics is fine occasionally but in a thread about a cough? When it's literally the main argument used after every bullshit Clinton controversy? It becomes the press inventing.

Someone tracked down an 8 month old post I made for basically cheap gotchya points.

Could always be worse.

They could keep re-litigating a 7 month old post that didn't even address them every time they get overly pissed off about something on OT, which means all the time because you already know who this post is talking about

mo60

Oh, a Hillary coughing thread. That'll be funny. I bet people will just be shooting the shit about it. Can't imagine anything bad in there.

: clicks :

giphy.gif

That thread is awful, but I expected it.Hilary does not care about the conspiracy theories about her health anyway. I don;'t think these conspiracy theories about her health will hurt her in the polls at all because I don't expect many people outside the internet to care much about it just like people did not care about attack ads that attack the quality of a politician's hair in the Canadian federal election last year.

PBY

Banned
no she's not

glad someone said it

someone has been saying it for a LONG time when they were the first to say it
Lol

Just looking at these new polls and semi shook. Apparently the WaPo polled all 50 states might be interesting.

New page:

POLLS:

CNN/ORC: Trump +2 45-43-7-2, Trump 49 - Clinton 48 H2H (LV)
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/06/_...ntial-polls-election-2016/index.html?adkey=bn

NBC/SurveyMonkey: Clinton 48-Trump 42
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...rump-campaign-enters-final-weeks-poll-n642931

Franklin Pierce University/Boston Herald poll 8/31-9/4
Clinton 44%
Trump 41%
Johnson 8%
Stein 3%

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us...inton_s_lead_stagnates_in_new_franklin_pierce

Trump will love CNN again

Hillary needs to stop trying to run out the clock

Running out the clock is a shitty strategy against an opponent that gets so much free media.

But what the CNN/ORC poll proves is that Clinton not campaigning for close to a month means enthusiasm among her supporters has gone down.

Diablos

POLLS:

CNN/ORC: Trump +2 45-43-7-2, Trump 49 - Clinton 48 H2H (LV)
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/06/_...ntial-polls-election-2016/index.html?adkey=bn
What the hell happened?? Are you kidding me? I know we can say well it's just one poll blah blah but isn't labor day when the polling really starts to count more?

I paid less attention to the news after the convention hype started to die down but what the hell did Hillary do to make this race so much closer again? Was it just that she needed to campaign more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom